"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Actually I think there may have some confusion when I talked to them. Now they're saying that Dragon Ball Super will air in English if it airs and that they will record it if it airs and considering that Toonami India is advertising it as airing new episodes starting this Saturday, we should be getting them from them
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

hulkedoutdude
Beyond Newbie

Post by hulkedoutdude » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 am

I just checked the toonami india schedule for saturday, I could be wrong too but it is fully packed with retro cartoon network shows there is no sign of DBS in schedule at all.. let alone hindi dub for it so my guess is India might not be getting dbs after all, I don't believe they advertized dbs too!!
But it's toonami asia would be airing DBS so it would be better if someone could find anyone who can record it..

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:20 pm

hulkedoutdude wrote:I just checked the toonami india schedule for saturday, I could be wrong too but it is fully packed with retro cartoon network shows there is no sign of DBS in schedule at all.. let alone hindi dub for it so my guess is India might not be getting dbs after all, I don't believe they advertized dbs too!!
But it's toonami asia would be airing DBS so it would be better if someone could find anyone who can record it..
TAI will not record it anymore?

hulkedoutdude
Beyond Newbie

Post by hulkedoutdude » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:24 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
hulkedoutdude wrote:I just checked the toonami india schedule for saturday, I could be wrong too but it is fully packed with retro cartoon network shows there is no sign of DBS in schedule at all.. let alone hindi dub for it so my guess is India might not be getting dbs after all, I don't believe they advertized dbs too!!
TAI will not record it anymore?
He said he will be on lookout, incase if schedule is wrong and they do end up airing DBS he will record it, if they don't air he cannot record anyway!!

hulkedoutdude
Beyond Newbie

Post by hulkedoutdude » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:18 am

So it looks like dragon ball super didn't air on toonami india!!

Super Sayian Prime
I Live Here

Post by Super Sayian Prime » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:11 am

The person who records this dub has Toonami India as their feed. Unfortunately, as hinted above, the channel has just undergone a significant revamp. All action programming has been dumped to make way for retro Turner library series.

The Toonami India page says Dragon Ball Super will return, but I still don't know if that's official and even if it is, no date shared.
"I like the money it brings in, but Dragon Ball Heroes is the worst. That's actually the real reason I decided to start working on new material. I was afraid Bandai would make something irredeemably stupid like Super Saiyan 4 Broly." - Akira Toriyama, made up interview, 2013.

Thesagebeast

Post by Thesagebeast » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:44 pm

This dub is dead :x

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Thesagebeast wrote:This dub is dead :x
Don't be so sure. Upon looking at Toonami Asia's schedule, it appears as though they are up to episodes 18 and 19 come this weekend.

Does it guarantee someone will record it? No, but it's far from dead, especially since the episodes titles differ from that of the FUNimation dub.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Super Saiyan Prime wrote:The person who records this dub has Toonami India as their feed. Unfortunately, as hinted above, the channel has just undergone a significant revamp. All action programming has been dumped to make way for retro Turner library series.
I'm
The Toonami India page says Dragon Ball Super will return, but I still don't know if that's official and even if it is, no date shared.
According to a post on their Facebook page, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super are not slated to return to the airwaves until Cartoon Network HD launches next year.

And that is the far more likely story.
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:53 am

If I'm going to be Honest, I'm mad that LittleKuriboh is'nt frieza.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:15 am

EnergizerConvoy wrote:If I'm going to be Honest, I'm mad that LittleKuriboh is'nt frieza.
Derek Stephen Prince is Asian dubs Freeza.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
EnergizerConvoy wrote:If I'm going to be Honest, I'm mad that LittleKuriboh isn't frieza.
That's probably why he said that.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Scsigs wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
EnergizerConvoy wrote:If I'm going to be Honest, I'm mad that LittleKuriboh isn't frieza.
That's probably why he said that.
Yeah I mis read their post.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:20 pm

EnergizerConvoy wrote:If I'm going to be Honest, I'm mad that LittleKuriboh is'nt frieza.
Honestly, I'm glad they didn't cast him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:35 pm

I don't think it was ever gonna happen anyway. Remember how Toei shut out the TFS scene in Kai's dub? Casting a TFS voice as the official character is arguably taking that even farther.

EnergizerConvoy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by EnergizerConvoy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote:
Why would you be proud of that? He's already a great Frieza like Chris Ayres and it'd be nice for him to be officially recognized for it. But you know he'll voice Frost on it.
Nightmare Wheel wrote:I don't think it was ever gonna happen anyway. Remember how Toei shut out the TFS scene in Kai's dub? Casting a TFS voice as the official character is arguably taking that even farther.
You left out the fact that KaiserNeko did Additional voices for Resurrection F and as well Justin Briner (Teen Gohan in DBZA) voices Kid Vegeta in the Funi dub of Super.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:58 pm

EnergizerConvoy wrote:
8000 Saiyan wrote:
Why would you be proud of that? He's already a great Frieza like Chris Ayres and it'd be nice for him to be officially recognized for it. But you know he'll voice Frost on it.
Nightmare Wheel wrote:I don't think it was ever gonna happen anyway. Remember how Toei shut out the TFS scene in Kai's dub? Casting a TFS voice as the official character is arguably taking that even farther.
You left out the fact that KaiserNeko did Additional voices for Resurrection F and as well Justin Briner (Teen Gohan in DBZA) voices Kid Vegeta in the Funi dub of Super.
His voice fits TFS' version, but not for the real version. And I don't want him to voice Frost. Greg Ayres should play him.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:18 pm

Anyone else who uses VRV notice that Funimation now has their version of Super up? Or has it been there and I just never noticed?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:24 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Anyone else who uses VRV notice that Funimation now has their version of Super up? Or has it been there and I just never noticed?
You talking about the dub?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Nightmare Wheel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nightmare Wheel » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:57 am

EnergizerConvoy wrote:
You're talking about situations where two actors play tiny bit parts completely unrelated to their abridged roles. This would be casting an abridged actor as the exact same character in the real show who also happens to be a major antagonist. I don't think Toei would have put up with it.