How Would YOU Fix The Goku Black Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: How Would YOU Fix The Goku Black Arc?

Post by Basako » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Freeza9000 wrote:
Basako wrote:I would fix the power scale like this:

Vegetto SSB > Zamack > Goku SSB, Vegeta SSB & Trunks SSG > Black SSB > Goku SSG = Vegeta SSG = Trunks SSG > Black SS > Trunks SS2 > Black base > Trunks base > Zamasu > Kibito

No rose.
SSG for Trunks by ritual in the present.
SSJB on Goku Black is extremely unfitting and downright horrible imo. :lol: :lol: Rose FTW!
Yeah, I know I'm alone on this. I admit Black SSR looks cool, but, I don't know, I don't buy him having a different hair colour transformation. If it's Goku's body, he should have the same transformations. But, whatever, I'm fine with the rose too, not a big deal. :thumbup:
Heno heno kappa!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:13 am

To be honest, I'd start by putting it after the Universe Survival Arc. Hypothetically everything works out okay, Everyone in all universes know Son Goku. Presumably, most of everyone fear Son Goku. And then there is the U10 Kai who's already had misgivings about mortals already, now see what he needs to do to end the mortal scourge. He may even have a few kais allied with him and they start a new world order. Or something.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 am

What I'd like to see is the best of the anime and manga into one.

I'd keep everything the same from the anime up until they go to the future for the 1st time, including the fight between Ssj2 Goku and Black.

Then I'd have it be like the manga where Vegeta gets the main fight and it turns out Black learned Ssj2 from Goku while fighting him.

Everything will progress the same up until Vegeta enters the ROSAT but this time Trunks will be with them.

Trunks will be worried about Mai so he wants to go to the future to check on her and Goku goes with him cause Vegeta is taking to long with his training.

We get the same team fight we got the 1st time with Goku and Trunks against Black and Zamasu. We also see Goku lose it when Black explains how he killed hiss family.

Goku escapes back to the past while Trunks unlockes Ssj3 instead of that obvious cash grab he did in the anime.

Everything in chapter 22 from the time Goku and Vegeta went back to the future to Black and Zamasu fusing would be the same minus Vegeta unlocking Ssjg.

It remains to be seen which version had the better ending.

By doing this Goku, Vegeta & Trunks get equal important screen time unlike the versions we have where one has too much Goku and Trunks while the other has too much Vegeta. We also wouldn't have the repetttive trips to the future like what we got in the anime, instead the 3 trips will be very different like how they're above. Trunks would get a power up that would make sense.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:04 am

-Have Future Trunks' hair purple, honestly, why make it blue out of the blue?
-Dont give them reruns out and in, I hated that, have them trapped in the future and think of a way themselves, they kept coming back to the present too much. Just have them bring Bulma as well and that she cant fix the time machine that fast, the moment she finishes it is the time when Black and Zamasu are defeated.
-NO Super Saiyan RAGE!
-No Vegito potara fusion time limit for BS Future Trunks' benefit.
-Dont have SSJ2 Trunks fight toe to toe with SSJR Black and actually getting the better of it.
-Have Black actually lose to someone before Zamasu and him fuses, in the anime Black was owning the both of them so much that I didnt understand the need for fusion.
-Bring Gohan in, even if he is just support.
-Don't have Goku go piss rage and not let him use more than 100% of his power, the guy was pissed but didnt even use SSJBKK.
-Give Black more back story.
-No genki dama sword out of nowhere.

Kassavo

Post by Kassavo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 am

Not necessarily a fix, because I don't feel the arc needed to be fixed really; this is what I would do differently.

Have Goku Black devolve more and more from his godly know it all persona, into the battle hungry saiyan, who's body he inhabits. I would make it so that the mortal part of Black, overpowers the Zamasu portion and causes him to have conflict with immortal Zamasu.

This character development would then drive a wedge between the perfect lovers, Black and Zamasu, and they consequently would not fuse, due to Black's insistence on fighting with his "own strength" to get stronger, as he has shown battle thirst.

Along this path, Black would eventually nullify Zamasu's immortality, killing him afterwards. This will leave Black as the main villain at the end to fight against Goku, Trunks & Vegeta.

I think the Battle would be best suited if he would take out Trunks first, fight a could have gone either way battle with Goku, coming out on top, and then finally facing off with Vegeta, who would be victorious, without a clean victory of course. In my mind I picture Black vs Vegeta as the complete opposite of Goku Vs Vegeta in the Saiyan arc, with Vegeta being the hero underdog, and black being the cocky villain.

I'm sure there's holes in this plot but hey I tried lol
Strive to be the best you possible. Work hard to surpass your limits and make improvements that will better your chances of success in life. Always seek new challenges no matter how tough of an opponent stands before you. This is the philosophy which all Gokuists live by. #Gokuism #Gokuist www.ayomrnelson.com

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:36 pm

The only things i would change:
-Show more training (Trunks and Vegeta)
-Make the characters react to Ssj Ikari in-universe (something similar to how people reacted to Gohan ssj 2, just acknoweleadge the damn thing).
.Less forgetting stuff.
-Make Goku be the one who seals Zamasu.
-No rips in space and time or clones, Black becames more powerful after the beatdown and the only thing he improves is his blade (making the scythe), Goku is able to escape while Vegeta fights him.
-Make Goku use the Kaioken in the beam struggle with Zamasu.
-Show more damage on Merged Zamasu after Vegetto's beatdown so it conveys more the fact that he's really weakened when Trunks finish him off.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

kayojin

Post by kayojin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:05 pm

Kassavo wrote:Not necessarily a fix, because I don't feel the arc needed to be fixed really; this is what I would do differently.

Have Goku Black devolve more and more from his godly know it all persona, into the battle hungry saiyan, who's body he inhabits. I would make it so that the mortal part of Black, overpowers the Zamasu portion and causes him to have conflict with immortal Zamasu.

This character development would then drive a wedge between the perfect lovers, Black and Zamasu, and they consequently would not fuse, due to Black's insistence on fighting with his "own strength" to get stronger, as he has shown battle thirst.

Along this path, Black would eventually nullify Zamasu's immortality, killing him afterwards. This will leave Black as the main villain at the end to fight against Goku, Trunks & Vegeta.

I think the Battle would be best suited if he would take out Trunks first, fight a could have gone either way battle with Goku, coming out on top, and then finally facing off with Vegeta, who would be victorious, without a clean victory of course. In my mind I picture Black vs Vegeta as the complete opposite of Goku Vs Vegeta in the Saiyan arc, with Vegeta being the hero underdog, and black being the cocky villain.

I'm sure there's holes in this plot but hey I tried lol
agree w this 100%. i came into this thread to say that i wouldn't fuse black/zamasu or goku/vegeta. that's when the arc fell apart for me. zamasu 'dying' inside of black as a result of his mortality would be the perfect way to flesh out both characters. the more straightforward villain should have lost control of his atom bomb, so to speak, and then black should have become the final, complex, chaotic antagonist. really wish they explored black slowly becoming his own entity more than they did, since they flirted with it