How Would YOU Fix The Goku Black Arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

iAnimationLover_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How Would YOU Fix The Goku Black Arc?

Post by iAnimationLover_ » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: 4- Gohan and Goten meet Black

I like that idea xd

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:08 pm

Let's see:

- I don't have a problem with Black coming to the present and sparring with Goku. I really liked to get to know that mysterious guy who looks just like Goku but acts as a different person;

- I would have an entire episode about Trunks and the Kaioshin vs Babbidi and Dabra, just like the manga did;

- Then show/explain how Trunks got so strong on his own;

- Have Trunks spend more time with Gohan, even a slice of life episode would be nice;

- Trunks and Vegeta would spend time training in the RoSaT before heading to the future;

- Remove one time travel, so they would travel only twice (I wasn't a fan of the retreat, but it made sense if it happened once) and bring Piccolo along with the Kaioshin, to be the one using the mafuba with the latter's assistance;

- Black would be the one breaking Zamasu out of the container, leading to their fusion;

- Vegetto vs fused Zamasu would take more episodes, maybe 2 or 3 tops, with the fight ending with Vegetto defusing when the time limit wore off (I don't mind the retcon at all);

- Goku would be the one creating the genki dama to supply Trunks with enough power to defeat fused Zamasu;

- Finally, Zamasu's body would regenerate instead of his soul growing out and "infect" the multiverse, and Zeno would simply show up to destroy Zamasu himself. At least Trunks's story wouldn't have such a depressing ending.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

KingofWisdom
Regular

Post by KingofWisdom » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 am

Goku Black's backstory completely killed any chance the character had at being worthwhile. I don't know what they could have done, but I'm not a writer and his backstory feels like something out of GT (especially because of the Super Dragon Balls). Perhaps Goku Black could have been Goku from a different universe, where he didn't hit his head and become Earth's savior. I'd get rid of the Super Dragon Balls entirely (too much of a rehash).
Terra-jin wrote:First of all, I'd fix the timeline mess that Super's gotten itself into. I'd stick to the four timelines we had from the Cell arc and have Goku Black come from the unseen timeline.

Future Zamasu was too easily convinced to join Goku Black on his omnicidal plans. Present Zamasu's fall was covered very well in Super, but Future Zamasu should not have accepted Gowasu's murder so easily. Perhaps I'd spend some time on Goku Black convincing his counterpart that mortals are dangerous, before he pulls the trigger on Future Gowasu.

I'd also include the Zamasu from Cell's timeline. In this original timeline, Zamasu's hatred for mortals never materialized (Goku Black and Future Zamasu even said that Trunks' travels eventually led to his Zero Mortals Plan). So, I'd explore Zamasu's character further by having this Zamasu redeem himself and eventually overcoming his doubts about mortals. A good Zamasu, basically. I'd figure out a way to get him involved, helping out the main cast and trying to convince his other counterparts to let go of their hatred for mortals. He's seen the error of his ways and he learned the value of mortals, so now he must try to convince Goku Black and Future Zamasu of this. I'd have Future Zamasu starting to doubt the Zero Mortals Plan and Goku Black refusing to see the light. He eventually betrays Future Zamasu and kills him, leaving Good Zamasu in shock to see the depths in which his counterpart has fallen.
These are all very good. The story in Super is incredibly shallow.
"Those transformations insane,
They wanna turn up hours late and steal the show from the pros who had to die for the name." - Yamcha (DBWTF: Z-Rap 3)

"Over saturation is easy. Just drag the slider to the right and there you are: instant interest. And certainly, the majority of the public likes saturated color images. In fact, if you want to quickly create a popular image, simply over saturate the colors and increase the contrast. While you may not achieve a sophisticated image, you will achieve an image that will please a less demanding audience." - Alain Briot

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Well, I would make a few changes:

- The origin of Black. Instead of a mind change, I would have taken Zamasu from Trunks's timeline going to the past and kidnaping baby Goku to make it his warrior. That would have created a new timeline and ring without Goku being raised in Earth, but this wouldn't be explored in this arc.

- They would have done the SSG ritual for Trunks before going to fight and by the end he would have achieved the SSB on his own too.

- No SSR for Black, sorry, not fan of that. The regular SSB like the others.

- Merged Zamasu would be called Zamack. Same design.

- Zamasu from the present would stay alive, Gowasu would be informed of all, so he would try to avoid his evilness. It worked for the androids, why not Zamasu?

- They would fuse as Vegetto and a combo of him and Trunks with the final attack would kill the enemy. As it would survive as an immortal entity, future Zeno would take care of him, but not destroying the whole universe. He would go to meet the Zeno of the main timeline anyway, why not.
Heno heno kappa!

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:16 pm

Son Vegito wrote:What was the point of the Mafuba?

To serve as an impetus for both Zamasu's to fuse.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:30 pm

Son Vegito wrote:Show us Trunks training with the Z sword and taking the Trunks&Kaioshin vs Dabura fight from the manga.

-Instead of letting Trunks play with Pan(useless filler), could've showed us a real Gohan/Trunks character bonding episode by letting Trunks explain what Gohan meant to him in his life with flashbacks from the History of Trunks.
I don't think more showing of Trunks with Kaioshin is that necessary. Though I think it would be cool to see.

We did though. We got to see Gohan talking and interacting with Trunks, especially the whole ice cream scene and especially the end of the arc. We got to see how much Gohan meant to him as when he sees Present Gohan telling him to be well, Trunks reminisces Future Gohan. It's as if Future Gohan was actually wishing Trunks good luck.

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:17 am

Freeza9000 wrote:To serve as an impetus for both Zamasu's to fuse.
My point was more that it led to traveling back in time for the third time..
There were more ways to let Zamasu fuse. It almost felt like traveling between two metro stops next to each other, going back and forth.
I also didn't like the idea of Goku mastering it within a few hours and Trunks learning it from a smartphone
Freeza9000 wrote:I don't think more showing of Trunks with Kaioshin is that necessary. Though I think it would be cool to see.

We did though. We got to see Gohan talking and interacting with Trunks, especially the whole ice cream scene and especially the end of the arc. We got to see how much Gohan meant to him as when he sees Present Gohan telling him to be well, Trunks reminisces Future Gohan. It's as if Future Gohan was actually wishing Trunks good luck.
To many of us that episode felt useless and fillerish. Many of us thought it was a farewell episode of Gohan seperating from the Z fighters. I think Gohan still doesn't know what Future Gohan meant to Trunks in his timeline. Wished to have seen more of that. But I think it was a choice of the writers because Trunks chose not to do so himself.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:10 am

Son Vegito wrote:My point was more that it led to traveling back in time for the third time..
There were more ways to let Zamasu fuse. It almost felt like traveling between two metro stops next to each other, going back and forth.
I also didn't like the idea of Goku mastering it within a few hours and Trunks learning it from a smartphone
Yes, I do agree with the fact that some of the back and forth time traveling can be revised. As a matter of fact, I would have Goku and co. before going into the future again in EP 60 without a plan, I would have Goku practicing the Mafuba and Goku and co. arriving at the future at around EP 61 or 62. But to say that the Mafuba was pointless in the story isn't really accurate as it did move the plot. It's pretty much what caused Future Zamasu, an immortal that seemingly can't be killed, to be petrified to all hell and shit his pants. Even if Vegeta or Goku manage to get the upperhand on Black, they still can't do anything to an immortal Zamasu, but the Mafuba did which made Future Zamasu shit his pants. What Goku needed to master was his aim, but I guess in the case with Trunks, Mai holding the jar probably made Trunks's aim better.
Son Vegito wrote:To many of us that episode felt useless and fillerish. Many of us thought it was a farewell episode of Gohan seperating from the Z fighters. I think Gohan still doesn't know what Future Gohan meant to Trunks in his timeline. Wished to have seen more of that. But I think it was a choice of the writers because Trunks chose not to do so himself
We did get to see Trunks seeing how much of a difference he made by altering the past and how much Gohan differed from the Gohan Future Trunks knew and loved. He got to see Gohan as a peaceful scholar focusing on his own ambitions and how Gohan has become a family man.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:20 am

The manga already reveals the hidden plot points of the Black arc.
No need for some fan to try and connect "loose ends."
Last edited by Miracles on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:15 am

- Spread out the events of Episode 66 into 2 episodes.
- Create some sort of tension between Black and Future Zamasu. A clash between ideologies. Future Zamasu is younger so going full-on genocide would be an idea that he isn't entirely into yet. Black, however, has been at it longer, and he's all for the idea of killing all mortals himself. Seeing tension between them because of that would be interesting to watch because they're pretty much the same person, just in different stages of their lives.
- Have some sort of explanation for Future Trunks's new transformation.
- Get rid of the Mafuba.
- Reduce the amount of leaps through time the main characters go through.

I still love the arc, but if I had to make some changes it'd be those.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:34 am

Hmm...let me try this again...

Future Trunks Arc

Episode #30:
A Part: Future Trunks runs through the city carrying fuel for the time machine, ever cautious of being followed. Finally arriving at the location of Future Blooma and Future Mai, Trunks and the others load the time machine with fuel; however, before the trio can travel to the past they are attacked by a shadowy figure. The figure grabs Future Blooma and kills her, shocking Trunks.
B Part: Mai convinces Trunks to get into the time machine while she provides a distraction, but when the shadowy figure causes the ground below to begin collapsing Mai falls to an apparent death. Trunks, enraged, attacks the figure, now revealed to be…Son Gokuu? This Son Gokuu is dressed in black, however, and is referred to by Trunks merely as ‘Black’. Trunks is thoroughly thrashed by Black and forced to swallow his pride and retreat to the past using the time machine.

Episode #31:
A Part: In the Present, Trunks and the Pilaf Gang are being tutored, but their peaceful day is interrupted by the shocking appearance of an unconscious adult Trunks in a time machine. Everyone gathers after the arrival of Future Trunks. After being fed a senzu Future Trunks awakens, sees Gokuu, and erupts in rage, experiencing a PTSD-esque flashback.
B Part: Gokuu and Vegeta subdue Future Trunks and explain that Gokuu eventually had his life restored. Future Trunks gives a short explanation of what has happened since he last saw the others. Gokuu Black appears in the past thanks to the power of the Time Ring. Gokuu battles him until Black is forcibly sent back to the past.

Episode #32:
A Part: Trunks visits with all of his other friends from the past. Seeking strength in seeing his mentor, Son Gohan, again, Trunks comes to the realization that although the Gohan from the past is an adult now, he is not the Son Gohan he knew and now leads a life away from battle. Trunks resolves to not tell Gohan of why he has come back to the past and instead begins training with Vegeta.
B Part: Beers, Whis and Gokuu visit the Kaiou-shin of the Tenth Universe, Gowasu. Gowasu is training his student, Zamasu, to take over as the next Kaiou-shin for the Tenth Universe. Beers asks to see the Time Rings under Gowasu’s care, to which the Kaiou-shin obliges. They’re all accounted for! Having met Son Gokuu, Zamasu is shocked to see a human so friendly with gods. After hearing that Gokuu even survived a battle with Beers, Zamasu accepts Gokuu’s challenge for a sparring match to see what is so special about him. While it seems to be a good match, in the end Gokuu is victorious. Gokuu again notes that Zamasu is really strong for a Kaiou, being even stronger than the Kaiou-shin of the Seventh Universe! “Let’s fight again sometime!” Having seen the Time Rings, Beers and Whis are content to leave, as they cannot miss eating dessert. Heading home, the trio discuss that what they saw of Zamasu supports their suspicions that he and Black are one and the same. Perhaps they should destroy him now? But Gokuu says Zamasu did not seem like such a bad guy. Besides, while similar, his ki is not exactly the same as Black’s. Still, the way his hand went numb when he hit Zamasu reminds Gokuu of when he fought Beers. Beers is angry at being lumped in with Zamasu, insisting that he is on a far higher level. However, Goku thinks that Zamasu still has room to improve, and may someday grow to be as scary a god as Beers. Back in the Tenth Universe, Zamasu thanks Gowasu for allowing him to fight Gokuu. Gowasu thinks this helped Zamasu gain a deeper understanding of mortals, and relieved some of the distrust he feels toward them. Zamasu says he is embarrassed to realize how inexperienced he is, which Gowasu says is proof that he has grown. Gowasu asks Zamasu for another cup of tea, which Zamasu obediently pours. But Zamasu’s thoughts tell a different story: “I knew it, mortals are dangerous. Son Gokuu, I won’t forget this!

Episode #33:
A Part: On their way back to the Seventh Universe, Beers and his group are contacted by the Zen-Ou, who wishes to meet with Son Gokuu! Vegeta trains Trunks. Gowasu trains Zamasu in the role of a Kaiou-shin, but Zamasu's contempt grows more and more, leading him to interfere in the development of a species and kill Babarians. Gowasu scolds Zamasu for this and revokes his Potara. Gokuu, Beers and Whis visit the Zen-Ou. Zen-Ou wants Gokuu to be his friend and play, but Gokuu finds that to be too much of a bother, so he promises to find 'Zen-chan' a friend.
B Part: Vegeta, Trunks and Gokuu head to the future. There they are confronted by Black, now more powerful than ever and sporting a transformation of his own, Super Saiyan Rosé. Shockingly, Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Vegeta is critically injured when Black stabs him in the back.

Episode #34:
A Part: Zamasu serves tea to Gowasu, who is watching a replay of the Seventh Universe-Sixth Universe Tournament. Zamasu is shocked to find Son Gokuu fighting as a representative of a god in a tournament, to say nothing of capable of using god ki. Zamasu next notices the Super Dragon Balls orbiting the tournament arena. Gowasu explains the Super Dragon Balls to Zamasu, who takes careful note. In the future timeline, Super Saiyan Rosé Black proves an equal-match for the tag-team of Gokuu and Trunks. Finally, a blast from behind stuns Gokuu long enough for Black to deliver a critical blow. The one who attacked is...Zamasu? Somehow, Zamasu and Black are comrades! Trunks stabs Zamasu with a full-power sword attack, but Zamasu removes the sword and tosses it aside. The wound quickly heals as Zamasu explains he is now immortal.
B Part: Future Mai and Future Yajirobe save Gokuu, Vegeta and Trunks and pull them to safety. Thanks to senzu brought with them from the past the three recover and consider their options. Trunks is happy to see that his Mai survived somehow. Zamasu and Gowasu discuss philosophy while Zamasu serves tea. Beers, Whis and the Kaiou-shin of the Seventh Universe continue to watch closely. Gowasu's not oblivious to the cruelty growing in his pupil. Worse, he believes he can reason with Zamasu and thus shows no outward sign of irregularity. Finally, Gowasu drinks his cooled tea, but suffers a painful death from the poison poured into it.

Episode #35:
A Part: Whis rewinds time to before Gowasu's death so that Beers can confront and kill Zamasu. Gowasu is shocked at the development and Beers mentions in an off-the-cuff manner that he probably should’ve let Gowasu die for being such a sentimental, contemptible fool, but Whis reminds him that it would only cause him a headache later when the Destruction God of the Tenth Universe found out.
B Part: With Zamasu being immortal it appears unlikely that he can be defeated in combat. As Vegeta and the others wrack their brain over what they can do next, Trunks remembers a story his mother told him of how the MaFuuBa was used by Piccolo at the Twenty-Third Tenka’ichi Budoukai to seal away God. Gokuu isn’t exactly excited to resort to such a tactic to defeat Black and Zamasu, but agrees that Trunks should go and get Piccolo so he can use the technique. Just then, Black and Zamasu finally track down Gokuu and friends’ ki and attack. Trunks returns to the past while Gokuu and Vegeta hold off Black and Zamasu. Soon after, Trunks returns with Piccolo and Blooma, who reckons that her help will be needed to help fashion more fuel for the time machine. Gokuu and Vegeta outsmart the arrogant duo of Zamasu long enough to force them within close enough approximation that Piccolo can use the MaFuuBa on both at the same time. The two struggle against the MaFuuBa more than Piccolo can handle with so much less ki than both and the sealing fails. Desperate to finish of their enemies, Zamasu and Black merge using the Potara.

Episode #36:
A Part: Merged Zamasu’s ki oozes from his body and alone threatens to destroy the solar system. Gokuu and Vegeta cannot even get near him! Gowasu and the Kaiou-shin of the Seventh Universe arrive on the scene thanks to the use of Time Rings. Whis and Beers also arrive, although Beers is clearly displeased to be there “I’ve already played my part!” he says. Rolling his eyes, Whis loudly talks to himself about how it sure would be helpful if Gokuu and Vegeta worked together to fight Zamasu. There's not enough people on Earth in this timeline to perform the Genki-dama, so Gokuu finally relents and agrees to merge with Vegeta using the Potara. Vegetto is reformed!
B: Part: Vegetto transforms into a Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan and engages in battle with Zamasu at full power. The battle is magnificent, but it becomes clear that the merger for both combatants is imperfect. Gokuu and Vegeta are two separate beings at heart and can never become one completely, so it places incredible strain on their life. Meanwhile, Merged Zamasu is simply the same soul combined with itself. The body of Merged Zamasu begins to break down even faster as a result, allowing for Trunks to deliver a finishing blow that saves Vegetto from certain death.

Episode #37:
A Part: Zamasu crumbles, but his hatred goes on. Vegetto splits back into Gokuu and Vegeta before they can attempt to dispel Zamasu’s wicked ki. According to Gowasu, a Potara merger without a Kaioushin involved can last only an hour at most, but it seems that in this case they already burned through the Potara’s energy. Zamasu’s anguish allows his spirit to take the form of a purple and pink cloud of death. The cloud suffocates the world, killing nearly all of the inhabitants. Gokuu uses the button given to him by the Present Zen-Ou to summon the Future Zen-Ou. Future Zen-Ou finds Zamasu to be a real headache, so he destroys him instantaneously. Finding the entire universe to be a pain, Zen-Ou then destroys the Future Seventh Universe. Gokuu and friends barely escape in time via the time machine.
B Part: Back in the present, Gokuu introduces Future Zen-Ou to Present Zen-Ou to be his friend. Trunks and Mai bid Gokuu and the others farewell as they embark on repairing the future and the next chapter of their lives.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 am

• Goten and Trunks were studying together when Future Trunks arrives in his time machine
• Trunks is surprised to see Goku has another son. He asks the kids to show him how powerful they are and is surprised to see both can go SSJ. He tells them it took him his mentor's Gohan death to achieve SSJ. Thinking about it reminds him about the Gohan of the present timeline, he asks Goku where he can find Gohan and how strong he has become
• Goku tells him Gohan doesn't fight anymore
• Add 2 episodes showing Trunks' training with Kaioshin and his battle against Dabura and Babidi
• Goku explains to Trunks that they couldn't prevent Buu's revival and in the end he had to use the Spirit Bomb to beat him
• Before going SSR, Black comments he took Vegeta's hits on purpose to get stronger
• Zamasu arrives after Black impales Vegeta, Trunks tries to feed Vegeta a senzu but Zamasu destroys all the senzus
• Trunks' kicks Black by getting him off-guard, not by overpowering him like he did in the anime
• When Black is firing them his Kamehameha, Goku is able to shield Trunks a little from taking the full power Kamehameha
• When they go back to the past, Piccolo suggests the Mafuuba. Beerus and Whis go to kill Present Zamasu, while Vegeta trains Trunks and Goku learns the Mafuuba. Korin gives them just one senzu bean
• Bulma doesn't come with them in the 2nd time travel
• Goku forgets the seal for the pot so he can't use the Mafuuba. Says they will do it old-style. The battle proceeds the same way as in the anime
• Vegeta pilots the time machine
• Goku and Vegeta train together in the time chamber in the present. Bulma scolds Goku for forgetting the seal, goes with them as she says they might need her help
• When Black impales Trunks and kicks him, he tries to finish him with a Ki blast but Goku and Vegeta arrive and save him. Trunks has already eaten the last senzu, so Bulma medics him
• Gowasu and Kaioshin arrive. Kaioshin heals Trunks and comments he has powered up
• The battle proceeds the same way as in the anime, but Goku uses the Mafuuba on Zamasu, succesfully sealing him
• Black is in trouble against Vegeta. He has been able to gain the same power Goku had when he stole his body so he can't power-up anymore, and, not sensing Zamasu's ki anymore, Black puts the potara earring on his other lobe, breaking the Mafuuba seal and forcing the fusion with Zamasu
• Goku uses Kaio-Ken x10 when firing the Kamehameha against Merged Zamasu
• Vegetto's fight with Merged Zamasu lasts a lot more
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

toadma

Post by toadma » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 pm

I would change
-Change the time skip between the androids and Black around five to six years.
-Future Gohan actually having a role in the arc.
-Zamasu being a Supreme Kai from one of the universes Zen-oh destroyed.
-Future Trunks meeting and learining of his sister Bra.
-Future Gohan meeting and learning of his brother Goten.
-Goku Black being a redeemable character and main villain.
-Goten and Trunks actually doing something.
-Giving Gohan character development with his future counterpart.
-Zamasu wanting to kill all mortals and gods to do all universes on his own image and wanting revenge on Zen-oh.
-Goku Black thinking what would happen to him when all the mortals are gone since he is also a mortal.
-Goku Black betraying Zamasu because in the end he just wants to fight against Goku and the others and doesn't care about Zamasu's plan.
-Giving a backstory of how Future Mai and Future Trunks met.
-Goku Black acquiring Super Saiyan Rose 3 as the final transformation.
-Future Trunks learning of the Super Dragonballs setting out to search for them and restore his own time line a reason for not using the time machine ever again.
-Goku taking pity on Black since he looks like him and was a victim of Zamasu's plan and making him a good rival for both Goku and Vegeta.
-Zen-oh meeting Future Zen-oh like in the series.
-Beerus destroying the time machine so nobody time travels again.
-Beerus forcing Black to help with Goku and Vegeta's training and threatening him if he doesn't.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 pm

Major plotpoint for me would that Black and Zamasu would ironically end their own egos' existence by accidentally fusing. Something so extremely narcissistic entities should think of as the worst thing to happen, even worse than mortals getting what they want. Neo Zamasu then would act like according to his memories he should think of it as unfortunate what happened but of course because he himself is arrogance² he just cherishes that his own existence started.

Also I would very much extend the screentime of Neo Zamasu as well as extend the background of Alt. Zamasu by giving him the background story of actually having experienced the mortal's blasphemy through the Cyborgs, et cetera.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:59 pm

Get rid of the whole Zamasu taking over Goku scenario, have it be Zamasu kidnapping Goten and raising him at an early age from a different timeline. Take out the parts of going back and forth from present to future. I think Present Zamasu should have kidnapped Goten from a future alternate timeline and raised him in the current timeline in Universe 10, all under radar and without Gowasu knowing. Sent Goten or "Black" to the future because he could never take over the present timeline, which causes Trunks to go back in time, which causes Beerus to go after Present Zamasu. Once Present Zamasu feels the "Heat" he tells Black to go meet with his Future counterpart to carry out the plan. Black meets up with Future Zamasu and basically it plays out like it did, only Goku and Vegeta travel once to the Future and once back to the past once its over. Present Zamasu dies at the hands of Beerus.

I think that would have took a lot of confusion out of it too, and made Goten relevant like Future Trunks.

I honestly just can't buy a guy so against mortals to swallow his pride and take on a mortal body. Oh, Merged Zamasu would have never happened either nor Vegito but Gogeta! Future Immortal Zamasu would have been sealed away in the Mafuba and Goten "Black" would have been killed.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:02 pm

Well, let us see...

• There would be way less time travel.
• There would be no Super Saiyan Rosé, Super Saiyan Rage and "Powered Up Super Saiyan 2".
• There would be four Time Rings, all belonging to the timelines "seen" in Dragon Ball Z.
• Goku Black would come from the first timeline, the one that Bulma is still alive and alone/Cell came.
• Goku Black would be a legit evil Goku, from a wish that he hadn't bumped his head.
• Goten, Trunks and Marron would be taller.
• Goku Black would attain Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2.
• Trunks would attain Super Saiyan 3.
• During the spar with Vegeta, Vegeta would demonstrate his Super Saiyan 3 (first shown in Movie 14 after "my Bulma!") but would not fight with it.
• Would provide information about and the appearance of the gods of Universe 10.
• Merged Zamasu would not have half of his body purple nor a giant form.
• Gogeta or Vegenks would be the fusion to appear.
• Pilaf and Shuu from Future Trunks' world would appear.
• Future Trunks would meet present Majin Buu and would learn that he lost a powerful ally.
• Zeno would be a multiversal singularity.
• Jaco would serve his purpose and try to punish Trunks for his acts of time traveling.
• At the very end, Kaioshin of Time would appear and would make Future Trunks a Time Patroller.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 am

Black should have been Goten!!!!!!!!!!

Now hear me out because I seriously thought that's the direction they were going in. Goten had been oddly absent throughout the series particularly in this arc considering that Future Trunks had returned. I don't know about you guys but I was expecting some Future Trunks/Goten shenanigans. I thought it would have been perfectly plausible that Chichi could have gotten pregnant with Goten before Goku died from the heart disease since he started having heart pain so soon before they fought Cell. Also Goku couldn't sense Black's Ki properly. I thought perhaps this was because he didn't recognize Goten's Ki because prior to that he didn't have evil Ki. As for a motive, I figured maybe Zamasu did the whole soul swapping thing with Goten since it had been established in the manga and anime that human/Saiayan hybrids have a huge boost of power from birth. So maybe he saw Goten's hidden potential and stole his body and trained mercilessly until adulthood.

Also they both wear red sashes.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:19 am

1. Cut out Kid Mai crushing on Future Trunks

2. Extend Vegito Blue's Fight to where it last 2.5 Episodes

3. Vegito Blue & Merged Zamasu's Full Power Clashing causes Ripples through the Universe 7 Timelines to where Present Timeline Heroes feel it abit but Whis & Beerus feel it way more to where they hope Zeno doesn't notice

4. Goku & Vegeta wear their RoF Clothing

5. Goku Black having a Regular SSJ that Has a Majin Vegeta Styling but Black awakens SSJ Rose when Goku & Vegeta & Future Trunks re encounter him in the Future as a Sign of That He was able to Acquire access to The Body's God Ki.

6. While Future Trunks is battling Merged Zamasu, Goku tries to Use the Spirit Bomb when though he is low on Power but unable to sustain it he directs the energy into Trunks which super charges Future Trunks to allow Future trunks to destroy Merged Zamasu with The Spirit Bomb Slash

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:42 am

Very simple, more episodes to create a proper build up for Trunks leveling up, that's the biggest grip of an otherwise excellent arc IMO

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 am

How would I fix the Future Trunks Arc? Well, I got plenty of things I'd fix.

1. Trunks' "development". Trunks really felt like a Gary Stu in this arc. He learned the Mafuba in a minute, he pulled a Spirit Sword out of no where, can compete with Black and Zamasu, who are clearly on God tier, in his Super Saiyan 2 form. I'd keep the fact that he learned Galick Gun, Final Flash, and Big Bang Attack, because he trained with his dad. I'd have him and Vegeta train in the Room of Spirit and Time again for 2 episodes. And in Episode 57, I wouldn't have him be fighting at all, he can try to help, but not actually fight. I'd have the Super Saiyan Rage form be the indicator that he's almost about to unlock Super Saiyan Blue. At the end of the arc, he finally unlocks Super Saiyan Blue. And I remove the Spirit Sword completely, And instead have him and Vegito beat Black with a Final Galick Kamehameha. (Speaking of Vegito...)

2. Fusion. Is it just me or was Fusion completely wasted in this arc? I know my idea is gonna be really Fanfic-esque, but I'd have Future Trunks and Gohan fuse, and Vegito lasts longer. Also, Vegito Black.

3. Goku Black's "army". I was really let down by the fact that Zamasu only took over Goku's body, and didn't recruit other Zamasus to take over other Saiyan bodies. I would've had Goku Black as the Zamasu from the unseen timeline, give him a girlfriend who takes over Chi Chi's body, A Vegeta Black who is from Cell's timeline, A Gohan Black who is from an alternate version of the main timeline, and of course, Future Zamasu, who is from Future Trunks' timeline.

4. The Involvement of Gohan, Piccolo, and Android 18. I wanna focus more on Gohan here. Trunks has a personal connection to Gohan, or Future Gohan. He was his childhood savior and mentor, the guy who got himself killed, which made Trunks a better person, and the exact same kid who saved the world from Cell. There was absolutely 0 reason for him to not involved in this arc other than the fact that he has a family to take care of. As for Piccolo, he can help out Gohan when he need it, and take on Future Zamasu. And as for 18, I'd get her involved because Trunks is teaming up with an Android, the same monsters that wrecked Trunks' future (at least before Black).

5. The Mafuba. The Mafuba was completely pointless in the anime, so just to make kinda relevant is Piccolo using it seal up Future Zamasu.

6. The Involvement of Supreme Kai of Time. I was really hoping Supreme Kai of Time was gonna get involved in this arc, but it didn't happen. Here's how I'd do it. Instead of the Zeno meeting episode, have an episode where Supreme Kai of Time talks to Trunks. Have her go to the future with Gowasu instead of regular Supreme Kai. And in the end, gives Trunks the part-time job as a Time Patroller, part-time so he can still live a happy life.

7. Remove Kid Mai's blushing over Future Trunks. Because that is just awkward.

8. Remove The Convoluted Time Paradox. Honestly, this time paradox is so messy and all over the place. They should've just stick to four timelines that were explained in Z. Maybe add a fifth one, so Gohan Black can exist. The unseen timeline- A timeline where the Majin Buu Saga never happened.

9. Giving Zamasu A Better Motivation. I think we can all agree that Zamasu's reasoning for hating mortals is kinda weak. I feel like they could've pulled a GT on this one. Zamasu is the only remaining member of his race, *Insert Name*, as it was destroyed by a race similar to the Saiyans. He crash lands into the Supreme Kai's planet, and young Gowasu picks him up, adopts him, and turns him into a Supreme Kai. He spends 25 years trying to forget about his trouble past and accept the mortals, but the more and more he sees more evidence of them doing some (real) bad things, the more and more angry he becomes. And then he finally loses it, and decided to destroy all mortals for good. He gets into an argument with Gowasu, but Zamasu gets angry at him and kills him.
His love interest, Chisoni, discovered this and her heart breaks. Zamasu convinces her how evil the mortals are, and she believes him. Zamasu and Chisoni go looking the Saiyans, Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan. And kills all of them. But since there isn't really a female Saiyan, Chisoni decided to kill Chi Chi. Zamasu takes over Goku's body, and Chisoni takes over Chi Chi's body. And they recruit other Zamasus from other timelines and two of them take Vegeta and Gohan's body. And so they go to the future timeline and the Zero Mortal Plan begins! Does anyone agree with me on that one? If not, that's totally fine.

10. A Better Ending. Something we can all agree with. With Black defeated, Supreme Kai of Time uses the Super Dragon Balls and wishes for everyone that was killed by Goku Black to be revived. Trunks and (Future) Bulma have an emotional reunion, and they go back to the present so Trunks can say goodbye. And so, they go back to the future and they live happily ever after. (Even though Trunks has a part-time job as a Time Patroller) The End.