Support Your Universe.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Support Your Universe.

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:55 pm

We're the macho universe now, huh? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgXI48tDiWc

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:00 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
I was thinking of making a topic or hoping someone would discuss predictions of the tactics each Universe might bring to the table. Going from latest episode and some of the new info we could kind of make predictions on what kinds of fighters each uni might have and what tactics. For example, my universe, Kaioshin Ea implied we have a huge intellectual level. This makes me assume that Universe 3 will be bringing fighters who may not be really strong but very tricky and make creative/intelligent strategies. Universe 2 Kaioshin made it seem like his universe will be bringing "macho men". Fighters who probably are handsome with big muscles or something like that, but not very smart.

Etc...
Thats not a bad idea and its more then fin to do it here.

For Universe 11 if all the team is made up of Pride Troopers then team work should be no issue given how effortlessly Toppo and co fell in line with each other. The posing and speeches may be a problem but the Troopers dont seem to let their guard down while doing them like the Ginyus did.

So far we seem to have a very good blend power, skill and teamwork. If we have one big weakness it might be an over fixation on Goku and U7, that might create a blind spot for more devious universe to exploit.

Toppo has a good blend of power and skill, his fighting style is designed to cripple his foes which can weaken enemies so that weaker team mates can have a better chance of beating them. Also his far more nibble and unpredictable then he first appears. However its from him that I see that blind spot materializing.

While we have yet to see him, Jiren is being built up as the fighter to beat for this tournament. His power alone would be enough to make him a major threat but he likely also brings a high level of skill. Jiren is what I would call a "Champion Killer", he's the guy who's going to be specifically targeting the other universes strongest and pin them down in solo fights so they cannot help there team. He'll likely just move around or plow right through weaker fighters. This is bad because A) Your best fighter is fighting "that guy" and B) it leave Toppo, a guy who's on equal footing other universes Strongest free to through his weight around against weaker foes or target other strong guys at the same time. The only way to beat this guy is to mob him or for one of the other universes best to try and beat him solo.

Dyspo, given his title, is the team speedster. Being that he's going to likely give most other fighters the run around and is better off acting as support for the rest of the team or speed blitzing groups of weaker or injured targets. This is for the best as his skills and power are not on par with Toppo or and Jiren. Once the fighters start to get thinned down he should likely pair up with someone. That being said he might ba a credible threat on his own as long as his enemy dose not have a huge power gap over him and his Ki Blade might prove handy in some situations.

As for Kahseral, we've not seen enough for me to judge yet though he seems to work well with Dyspro so they could team up if need be.
I would love it if Jiren went out of his way to fight only the strongest of each universe.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Universe 6 your female saiyan is [spoiler]Cauliflowa![/spoiler]

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri May 05, 2017 7:27 am

Ok so we have got info for two female saiyans from u6 and a fighter from universe 4.

Caulifla the rebel and Kale the legendary super saiyan

For u4 we have Damon the suicide bomber.......ok

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri May 05, 2017 7:35 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok so we have got info for two female saiyans from u6 and a fighter from universe 4.

For u4 we have Dahmon the suicide bomber.......ok
Essentially a cincada saibamen
    i want to see the creator of broly thought on kale design
    Mostly active on discord.

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri May 05, 2017 7:40 am

The gr wrote:
    Lord Frieza wrote:Ok so we have got info for two female saiyans from u6 and a fighter from universe 4.

For u4 we have Dahmon the suicide bomber.......ok
    Essentially a cincada saibamen
      i want to see the creator of broly thought on kale design
      Well he is from the devious universe, u9 are a bad bunch but u4 will likely be the ones you dare not turn your back on.

I would very much like to know about that to.

Xeogran
      I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri May 05, 2017 9:56 am

Damon sounds fun. For having such a detailed description regarding his techniques, I think he will have an episode to his fight :P

Israelite Wolfman
      Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat May 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Xeogran wrote:Damon sounds fun. For having such a detailed description regarding his techniques, I think he will have an episode to his fight :P
      Just early last week I've spoken to a friend about animes we used to watch as kids, we reached "Shinzo" and I said that it's too bad DB (another Toei product) hasn't used a character with the ability of Gyasa to shed his skin and move to doing his things so far (hoped there will be someone like that in the Tournament of Power), 4 days later this "Damon" guy popped in the Toei site's code.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Israelite Wolfman wrote:
      Xeogran wrote:Damon sounds fun. For having such a detailed description regarding his techniques, I think he will have an episode to his fight :P
      Just early last week I've spoken to a friend about animes we used to watch as kids, we reached "Shinzo" and I said that it's too bad DB (another Toei product) hasn't used a character with the ability of Gyasa to shed his skin and move to doing his things so far (hoped there will be someone like that in the Tournament of Power), 4 days later this "Damon" guy popped in the Toei site's code.
      Good kami I though I was the only one who remembered that show :thumbup:.

Also it pretty much confermed. U6 has three saiyans!!!

MagmonKai
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 06, 2017 10:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
      Israelite Wolfman wrote:

So Does U7, coincidence? I wonder how strong will they be though. We know our Saiyans are very strong!

Israelite Wolfman
      Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun May 07, 2017 5:29 am

Lord Frieza wrote:
      Israelite Wolfman wrote:

Thanks :thumbup:, nah, despite being short it was one of the top animes of its' time (and I've watched tons of anime as a kid). :)

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon May 08, 2017 2:00 am

Well it aint "official" offical till the episode is out but.....Buu is not entering the tournament. Who's his replacement? Well he have one guy in mind....

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 am

Its official Frieza is joining the U7 team.

You lucky, lucky bastards!

Draconic
      I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat May 13, 2017 8:59 pm

Poor U10 supporters. Their team will probably be fodder.
      Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Boo Machine
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat May 13, 2017 9:01 pm

My Universe has Protein drinks. That's something. Prepare for so much flexing.
      SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Draconic wrote:Poor U10 supporters. Their team will probably be fodder.
      They aint Fodder till their fodderised. Besides its a long standing rule of this series never to judge people's power by how they look and act.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 9:03 pm

For the time being U10's reveled fighter will be given the place holder name "Alien Bodybuilder" and put on the tournament board.

MainJPW
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Sat May 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:For the time being U10's reveled fighter will be given the place holder name "Alien Bodybuilder" and put on the tournament board.
      He immediately reminded me of Kuririn (and monks in general) and Buddha because of those moxibustion burns on his forehead and his droopy earlobes. Interesting design.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 9:35 pm

MainJPW wrote:
      Lord Frieza wrote:For the time being U10's reveled fighter will be given the place holder name "Alien Bodybuilder" and put on the tournament board.
      He immediately reminded me of Kuririn (and monks in general) and Buddha because of those moxibustion burns on his forehead and his droopy earlobes. Interesting design.
      He dose have that vibe, it will be entreating getting to know him and his pals.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat May 13, 2017 9:52 pm

The Alien Bodybuilder's name is Murishim.