Support Your Universe.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Support Your Universe.

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Toei made Botamo a waste of a character. All he does is stand there and let people punch him, and the way he got ringed out was retarded. Could Toei not think of a better way to ring him out? Also why was Botamo chosen by Vados for the U6 vs U7 tournament if he is seemingly weaker than Dr. Rota and the two U6 Namekians?

Also did anyone else think that it was out of character for Vegeta try to beat Magetta in episode 99 by using a cheap trick (exploiting his weakness to insults)?
Vados chose him because of that ability.
And nothing else, the guy litaraly relyes on his power to win and nothing else. Without Magetta he's not really a big player in the tournament. Not weak but he's a small fish in a big pond.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:Toei made Botamo a waste of a character. All he does is stand there and let people punch him, and the way he got ringed out was retarded. Could Toei not think of a better way to ring him out? Also why was Botamo chosen by Vados for the U6 vs U7 tournament if he is seemingly weaker than Dr. Rota and the two U6 Namekians?

Also did anyone else think that it was out of character for Vegeta try to beat Magetta in episode 99 by using a cheap trick (exploiting his weakness to insults)?
Vados chose him because of that ability.
And nothing else, the guy litaraly relyes on his power to win and nothing else. Without Magetta he's not really a big player in the tournament. Not weak but he's a small fish in a big pond.
I hope the English subtitles give a good context of how Botamo got eliminated because that look really suspicious. Like... bending the rules and lore in-universe suspicious. It looks like Gohan was striking him up upward to create some kind of momentum that would force Botamo to hover above the ground and sustained that force by then kicking him in the air and hitting him with a Kamehameha.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: Vados chose him because of that ability.
I hope the English subtitles give a good context of how Botamo got eliminated because that look really suspicious. Like... bending the rules and lore in-universe suspicious. It looks like Gohan was striking him up upward to create some kind of momentum that would force Botamo to hover above the ground and sustained that force by then kicking him in the air and hitting him with a Kamehameha.
Thats true, Botmao's invulnerability takes all the kenteic energy out of attacks, Goku could not even move him an inch when that fought.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Thats true, Botmao's invulnerability takes all the kenteic energy out of attacks, Goku could not even move him an inch when that fought.
I think Toriyama put himself into a corner by giving Botamo the abilities that he has. It really limits how he can fight and how people can fight against him. I think Toei just went "fuck it" and bent the rules so Gohan could eliminate him. It's kind of annoying, to be honest that would take such a lazy route with eliminating Botamo. But I'm not much invested into Botamo so it doesn't bother me much.

I also think this episode killed the whole "Angels are sinister" theory that was floating around. Cus looked very sad when her universe got erased.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I hope the English subtitles give a good context of how Botamo got eliminated because that look really suspicious. Like... bending the rules and lore in-universe suspicious. It looks like Gohan was striking him up upward to create some kind of momentum that would force Botamo to hover above the ground and sustained that force by then kicking him in the air and hitting him with a Kamehameha.
I think Toriyama put himself into a corner by giving Botamo the abilities that he has. It really limits how he can fight and how people can fight against him. I think Toei just went "fuck it" and bent the rules so Gohan could eliminate him. It's kind of annoying, to be honest that would take such a lazy route with eliminating Botamo. But I'm not much invested into Botamo so it doesn't bother me much.

I also think this episode killed the whole "Angels are sinister" theory that was floating around. Cus looked very sad when her universe got erased.

I'm pretty glad because I never liked that "fan theory" much in the first place. Just because Mojito was relieved he didn't have to listen to Rou and Sidra anymore didn't mean the rest of the Angels didn't grow fond of their GoDs and Kais. I know Whis would be sad and Vados will be sad if U6 gets erased. That theory had little substance to support why people felt that way other than some odd character facial draws.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:05 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:

I'm pretty glad because I never liked that "fan theory" much in the first place. Just because Mojito was relieved he didn't have to listen to Rou and Sidra anymore didn't mean the rest of the Angels didn't grow fond of their GoDs and Kais. I know Whis would be sad and Vados will be sad if U6 gets erased. That theory had little substance to support why people felt that way other than some odd character facial draws.
Are we sure Vados would be sad? She kind of trolled Champa after Universe 9 was erased.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:08 pm

I'm certain she would be. She seems to care for him, offering him healthy drinks and stuff to get him in better shape. If she didn't give a crap like Mojito she'd let him get even more obese.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:50 pm

Botami is fine. He's a yellow bear who can resist some direct attacks until it becomes too much for him. What are you expecting?

Of the original U6 members he was just a design, from what I remember I don't recall him speaking at all in the U6 tournament.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:59 pm

So, which universe is most likely going to be eliminated next? U2, U3, or U4?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:03 pm

MagmonKai wrote:So, which universe is most likely going to be eliminated next? U2, U3, or U4?
U3, probably. U4 still has two fighters to reveal and U2's Kamikaze Fireballs are too relevant to go out this early.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:09 pm

My guess is also 3 to be eliminated next. They're the only other universe left that doesn't have a whole lot going for them.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Is U3 the robot universe? Don't they only have two fighters knocked out so far? If so I can't see 8 more characters going out at once.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Maybe not at once it took a few episodes for U10 to be erased. I vote for u3 as well. Is there a pattern you guys are seeing in this tournament. U9 erased, next U10. Universe 6 eliminate U7 member, then vice versa. U6 worked together to help U7 and now vice versa.

emi_b7
Beyond Newbie

Post by emi_b7 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:24 pm

precita wrote:Is U3 the robot universe? Don't they only have two fighters knocked out so far? If so I can't see 8 more characters going out at once.
They have 7 fighters left, same as U4. Only U11 has less fighters (4).
I don't think we'll see another universe destroyed for another 3-4 episodes at least. I also think that U3 is most likely to go next, hopefully one of their fighters gets to do something. Narirama, Nigrisshi and The Preecho were pretty bad, other than that first Narirama scene (which was more of a cool Hit/Basil scene anyway). At least The Preecho has THE most ridiculous name though :lol: :lol: :lol:

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I hope the English subtitles give a good context of how Botamo got eliminated because that look really suspicious. Like... bending the rules and lore in-universe suspicious. It looks like Gohan was striking him up upward to create some kind of momentum that would force Botamo to hover above the ground and sustained that force by then kicking him in the air and hitting him with a Kamehameha.

I dont care either way about the theory but most already believe not ALL are l so I dont think it impacts them.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:07 pm

Aren't the members of all remaining universes on the ED (except U9 and U10) ? I feel like something twist-y is going to happen, and no other Universe is going to be erased now.

U3 being erased wouldn't even give that much of an impact. They barely had any screentime to begin with, nobody in particular is friends with them. Why bother destroying :eh:

Besides, they still have plenty to show off. Don't cross them off that easily.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:12 pm

Xeogran wrote:Aren't the members of all remaining universes on the ED (except U9 and U10) ? I feel like something twist-y is going to happen, and no other Universe is going to be erased now.

U3 being erased wouldn't even give that much of an impact. They barely had any screentime to begin with, nobody in particular is friends with them. Why bother destroying :eh:

Besides, they still have plenty to show off. Don't cross them off that easily.
Obuni/ rubalt appeared in The ending that Means nothing.i doubt they will kill off every universe if that happens r.i.p to three of the coolest dudes :cry: referring to basil-bergamo-obuni
Mostly active on discord.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:42 pm

Since I've been going on about Universe 10 designs and how they seem to be inspired by Street Fighter characters, I've decided, now that they're gone, to try and take a deeper look into it. There's little to go on, since not many are fleshed out in the show and we don't have profiles on the Toei website, but I'll try to do my best.

Murichim / Zangief - big burly dude obsessed with muscles, who puts physical fitness above everything else;

Jirasen / Vega - narcissist dude wearing bullfighter-like outfit who likes roses;

Nappapa / E.Honda - sumo dude, quite obviously;

Zirkol / Dhalsim - little to go on here, but Zirkol is stated to use Yoga as a fighting style and his design is very similar to Dhalsim's SFV one.

Mechiop / Necro - funny looking stretchy dude;

Murisam / Adon - Muay Thai fighter with a weird smile;

Rubalt / Blanka - monstrous dude wearing human clothes;

Lilibeau / Ibuki - sweet and innocent girl who's special abillities rely on attacks from the air;

Obni / Sagat - tall and honorable warrior, looking for and enjoying a great fight, respecting the opponents strong enough to give him one;

Jium / T.Hawk - warriors who attack from the air like eagles. Stretching this quite a bit, but let's be honest, Jium is just a freaking bird... Included him just for completion's sake.

May Zeno watch over their soul... The least he could do after killing them.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Draconic wrote:Since I've been going on about Universe 10 designs and how they seem to be inspired by Street Fighter characters, I've decided, now that they're gone, to try and take a deeper look into it. There's little to go on, since not many are fleshed out in the show and we don't have profiles on the Toei website, but I'll try to do my best.

Murichim / Zangief - big burly dude obsessed with muscles, who puts physical fitness above everything else;

Jirasen / Vega - narcissist dude wearing bullfighter-like outfit who likes roses;

Nappapa / E.Honda - sumo dude, quite obviously;

Zirkol / Dhalsim - little to go on here, but Zirkol is stated to use Yoga as a fighting style and his design is very similar to Dhalsim's SFV one.

Mechiop / Necro - funny looking stretchy dude;

Murisam / Adon - Muay Thai fighter with a weird smile;

Rubalt / Blanka - monstrous dude wearing human clothes;

Lilibeau / Ibuki - sweet and innocent girl who's special abillities rely on attacks from the air;

Obni / Sagat - tall and honorable warrior, looking for and enjoying a great fight, respecting the opponents strong enough to give him one;

Jium / T.Hawk - warriors who attack from the air like eagles. Stretching this quite a bit, but let's be honest, Jium is just a freaking bird... Included him just for completion's sake.

May Zeno watch over their soul... The least he could do after killing them.
Blanka is on Universe 2's team.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Blanka is on Universe 2's team.
Except for the color scheme, there's not much there. Blanka is humanoid and feral, while that guy is a green bird dude in a speedo. Until we see more of him, I'm not ready to call one inspired by the other. Even Rubalt is streetching it. The only ones 100% taken from SF are the first 4, who also happen to be the ones who got any kind of attention, at least until the last episode.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW