Support Your Universe.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Support Your Universe.

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

emi_b7 wrote:I don't think the Yadrat dude was eliminated. We didn't see him fall out of the arena, did we? I don't expect them to give him much more focus either way though.
My stream was lagging so it was hard to tell, but he may have just been kicked into smoke. I hope thats that case, because what a waste otherwise.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:06 pm

So many fell off this episode. No time update this episode either. The ring looks fudge up!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Mechiōpu - U10 shrimp, red and yellow guy.
Murisāmu - U10 Red Kickboxer
Jīmizu - Yardrat
Būon - The Pride Trooper

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:38 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
emi_b7 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:By my count U10 lost 3 warriors, U3 lost 1 and U11 lost 1

Scoreing

Cabba beat Nigrisshi and the red kickboxer from U10

Califla beat Napapa.

Kale beat the stretch bug guy and the U11 dinosaur.
Didn't Hit also beat Narirama (or whatever was his name) too?

Yes Narirama was taken out as well. The way Niggirishi was eliminated so easily made me cringe... haha
Didn't we see Niggririshi fighting Caulifla and Kale in the background in episode 98? How did he not get knocked out by them?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
emi_b7 wrote: Didn't Hit also beat Narirama (or whatever was his name) too?

Yes Narirama was taken out as well. The way Niggirishi was eliminated so easily made me cringe... haha
Didn't we see Niggririshi fighting Caulifla and Kale in the background in episode 98? How did he not get knocked out by them?
Chaos of the battle.

Vegeta at one point was fighting Hyssop before he and Goku teamed up to take down U9 but then is fighting someone else. Its like Vegeta trying to fight Hit but having Botamo and Magetta stop him. Simply put people in the background are jumping from one opponent to another in the free fer all.

Hakaishin Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hakaishin Liquir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:47 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:

Chaos of the battle.

Vegeta at one point was fighting Hyssop before he and Goku teamed up to take down U9 but then is fighting someone else. Its like Vegeta trying to fight Hit but having Botamo and Magetta stop him. Simply put people in the background are jumping from one opponent to another in the free fer all.
Ahh ok. But it still bugs me that he got knocked out by Cabba so easily. Didn't the U3 Kaioshin Ea call him the strongest modified warrior in U3? That's not a good sign for U3 considering that 9/10 of their members are modified warriors.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Hakaishin Liquir wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Hakaishin Liquir wrote: Didn't we see Niggririshi fighting Caulifla and Kale in the background in episode 98? How did he not get knocked out by them?
Chaos of the battle.

Ahh ok. But it still bugs me that he got knocked out by Cabba so easily. Didn't the U3 Kaioshin Ea call him the strongest modified warrior in U3? That's not a good sign for U3 considering that 9/10 of their members are modified warriors.
Yeah exactly. That's why I was like wait what...knocked off so easily by base Cabba. Upon second viewing by the way it looks like the Yardrat was eliminated...but it also kinda looks like he instant transmissions before he drops too.

BigBangAttack

Post by BigBangAttack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:05 pm

I have a terrible sinking feeling that Cabba will knock out Vegeta. While admittedly poetic, as a Vegeta fan, I'm rather tired of seeing him constantly get worfed. Of course, the narrative decisions from Toei of late have left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. While it's granted that the show is in a children's timeslot (and produced for such), I would at least hope there would be some level of narrative complexity in there... somewhere... and rarely have I seen of late.
Need a forum signature? Why not Zoidberg?

I don't insult, I diagnose.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Do we have a total of ringouts this episode?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:13 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Do we have a total of ringouts this episode?
So far we are looking at 6, with U10 coming out the worst for wear.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:27 pm

I don't think it was made clear if the Yardrat was knocked out...or just into the clouds...

BigBangAttack

Post by BigBangAttack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Also, why does Vegeta not know about the Legendary Super Saiyan transformation? I get that Broly isn't canon, but I'd have liked to think that that's something he would be aware of. I was hoping Vegeta would be 'What's this? It appears that the Universe 6 Saiyans have their own version of the LSSJ!' Cue someone on U7 asking about it, and Vegeta simply stating that it wasn't important at the moment and moving on.

Also, watching the fighting with Goku and Kale... I know its been discredited, but I want to just call foul so bad on Kale being able to push back a Super Saiyan 2 (that is extensively trained and experienced beyond anything U6 Saiyans have), let alone a Super Saiyan Blue. POWER SCALING! I WANT TO DISCUSS POWER SCALING! I'm not going to put a big huge dealy-o into it of course, but man, shouldn't the U7 Saiyans (plus Frieza and Piccolo) be pretty far past that level of power themselves at this point?

I thought I'd be coming out of this episode rolling my eyes over Caulifla somehow getting Super Saiyan Blue (I'm glad Goku put her in her place on that front), but I didn't expect to be rolling my eyes at Kale tanking a Kamehameha from an SSB. Of course... I might have also remembered Goku isn't fighting to kill, and he didn't look significantly worn from the excursion with Kale.

Also... 18, Krillin saved you and you insult him for getting dropped (in an admittedly idiotic fashion that was his own fault but still?) Stone cold there, 18, Stone. Cold.

Reminds me why I love you as a character.
Last edited by BigBangAttack on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:32 pm

BigBangAttack wrote: Also, watching the fighting with Goku and Kale... I know its been discredited, but I want to just call foul so bad on Kale being able to push back a Super Saiyan 2, let alone a Super Saiyan Blue. POWER SCALING. I WANT TO DISCUSS POWER SCALING! I'm not going to put a big huge dealy-o into it of course, but man, shouldn't the U7 Saiyans (plus Frieza and Piccolo) be pretty far past that level of power themselves at this point?
What level of power? This isn't broly.In super , Kales form is new and has no set strength and hasn't been properly gauged until now. She had no scale to break. They could have literally made her as strong as anybody, and although it's cheap, it doesn't contradict anything.

As for the yardrat, Some people have said he teleported to saftey, but upon 2nd viewing, I just don't see it. I think he is out ,though I hope I'm wrong.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

BigBangAttack

Post by BigBangAttack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
BigBangAttack wrote: Also, watching the fighting with Goku and Kale... I know its been discredited, but I want to just call foul so bad on Kale being able to push back a Super Saiyan 2, let alone a Super Saiyan Blue. POWER SCALING. I WANT TO DISCUSS POWER SCALING! I'm not going to put a big huge dealy-o into it of course, but man, shouldn't the U7 Saiyans (plus Frieza and Piccolo) be pretty far past that level of power themselves at this point?
What level of power? This isn't broly.In super , Kales form is new and has no set strength and hasn't been properly gauged until now. She had no scale to break. They could have literally made her as strong as anybody, and although it's cheap, it doesn't contradict anything.

As for the yardrat, Some people have said he teleported to saftey, but upon 2nd viewing, I just don't see it. I think he is out ,though I hope I'm wrong.
Hence why I said 'discredited' mate. And I am saying it's pretty cheap. But I'd have hoped for some level of consistency. Of course, I understand why they didn't do it - they wanted to hype up Kale being able to take on Goku, and in-turn hype up Jiren for so effortlessly putting her down. I will say I'm glad they didn't eliminate her just yet. I was thinking it would just be a one-chump jump with her character, she gets her episode to shine, then wham, off to the sidelines for you!

BigBangAttack

Post by BigBangAttack » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:49 pm

As for the thread topic itself, my thoughts:

Basically, fuck anyone who isn't in U7, and to a much lesser extent, U6. I'm boring, but I just don't care about any non-Saiyan characters in the long run. I guess I'm still stuck in the old ways of Z. I just want to see Vegeta kick ass, and maybe, just maybe, if keeping hoping real hard, he'll actually get to be the champion of a saga for once.
Last edited by BigBangAttack on Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterofSix

Post by MasterofSix » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Boo Machine wrote:

It didn't seem like he went over the edge. Maybe he teleported at the at the last minute. I wish the Grand Priest announced the ring outs just to be sure.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:52 pm

Universe 6 was on fire today. I couldn't keep up at all.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:55 pm

It sucks that Toei all but gave up on the character bios. I'm a little disappointed in that.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:17 am

MagmonKai wrote:It sucks that Toei all but gave up on the character bios. I'm a little disappointed in that.
Right their with you, I'm not happy about it either.

On a side note Vuon's was cool for a one shot (quite literally) character. His Justice Whip is a unique throw away attack and I'll give him props for not backing down in the face of a monster like Kale. Since he has no moniker yet, O think I will call him...

Vuon - The Lashing Warrior.

Also looks like Kahseral is going to live up to his title, The Slashing Warrior.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Universe 10 lost two more fighters.

One via Roshi/Tien combo attack and another from Freeza.