What's the difference between Zen'o and Freeza?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What's the difference between Zeno and Frieza?

Post by Saturnine » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:09 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:
Implying there is anything wrong with my theory. All evidence points towards Zeno's regime being very similiar to Frieza's regime I.E. a totalitarian government where its subjects believe their leader (Zeno/Frieza) is perfect and flawless, and where any opposition is quickly crushed through force.
Nah, people just fear him because of what he can do. Just because he can, doesn't mean he does.
Exactly, people fear him. It's through fear that Zeno rules his empire, just like Frieza did. I was comparing the two regimes, which happens to be quite similiar. If we want to talk about the characters themselves, Zeno being in a bad mood one day and thus erasing 6 Universes from existence makes Zeno a madman, regardless of how you look at it.
And Zamasu fixes this exactly how? I don't think purging the universe of all sentient life is a better, if any, solution to anything.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:22 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
Nah, people just fear him because of what he can do. Just because he can, doesn't mean he does.
Exactly, people fear him. It's through fear that Zeno rules his empire, just like Frieza did. I was comparing the two regimes, which happens to be quite similiar. If we want to talk about the characters themselves, Zeno being in a bad mood one day and thus erasing 6 Universes from existence makes Zeno a madman, regardless of how you look at it.
And Zamasu fixes this exactly how? I don't think purging the universe of all sentient life is a better, if any, solution to anything.
If you really want to bring Zamasu into this discussion, i'm fine with it.

Zamasu had a logical motivation for erasing entire Universes. I'll need you to pay attention on this one, but a Universe without mortals is far better than a Universe with mortals. Why? Because a Universe without mortals means monsters the likes of Frieza, Cell and Buu cannot stain the beauty of the Universe with their violence. There are a thousand examples that prove Zamasu's theory is 100% right. Afterall, nowhere is it stated that mortals are a good thing for the Universe. Zamasu was mad and i'm not whitewashing him, but his theory is, without the slightest bit of doubt, justified. And unlike Zeno, Zamasu actually cared for the well-being of the Universe, and for its laws and justice, hence he killed Future Bulma for building the Time Machine I.E. going against the laws of the Gods. Something Beerus overlooked because Bulma is Goku's friend. If Beerus really cared for the Universe, he would have destroyed Bulma in Ep. 68.

On one side, we have Zeno who is salty one day and so erases billions of innocents for no reason at all. On the other, we have Zamasu, who watched countless mortals ruin the beauty of the Universe, and not learning from their mistakes, and thus has a basis from which come up with his theory, that mortals are unnecessary.

Furthermore, we've never even had a glimpse at how Zamasu's utopia would look like. Zamasu only succedeed in the first part of his plan, to erase all mortals. He failed in the second, to wash over everything and reshape the Universe. I am 100% sure Zamasu's Universe, perfect and without mortals, is better than Zeno's Universe, flawed and ruined by mortals' violence.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote: Zamasu had a logical motivation for erasing entire Universes. I'll need you to pay attention on this one, but a Universe without mortals is far better than a Universe with mortals. Why? Because a Universe without mortals means monsters the likes of Frieza, Cell and Buu cannot stain the beauty of the Universe with their violence. There are a thousand examples that prove Zamasu's theory is 100% right.
And there are a thousand examples in the universe proving Zamasu's theory 100% wrong, but that wouldn't go with his narrative, so he ignores them. That would require him actually questioning himself, and that would bruise his ego.
And unlike Zeno, Zamasu actually cared for the well-being of the Universe, and for its laws and justice, hence he killed Future Bulma for building the Time Machine I.E. going against the laws of the Gods.
No, he doesn;t. Zamsu does not care about the well-being of the Universe, nor for it's laws. The only aspect of them he cares for is how he can use them to further his own ego and act morally superior, when in reality he's a dumb ass with severe mental problems that really just wanted a way to easily excuse genocide. He was a fool who didn't understand free will.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:18 pm

And there are a thousand examples in the universe proving Zamasu's theory 100% wrong, but that wouldn't go with his narrative, so he ignores them. That would require him actually questioning himself, and that would bruise his ego.
Ah, yes. Tell me what examples prove Zamasu's theory is wrong. I'll wait.

The fate of Universe 6's Earth, destroyed by mortals' infighting and violence, proves Zamasu is right. Son Goku raising fists against the Gods is proof of mortals' insolence.
No, he doesn;t. Zamsu does not care about the well-being of the Universe, nor for it's laws. The only aspect of them he cares for is how he can use them to further his own ego and act morally superior, when in reality he's a dumb ass with severe mental problems that really just wanted a way to easily excuse genocide. He was a fool who didn't understand free will.
Yours are just petty insults. I used examples to prove my points, you didn't.

Haters. Try. Harder. No matter how many times you people bash Zamasu, i will always be there to defend him, because there are many, many examples that show Zamasu was far from being wrong.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 pm

he happens to be a child.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:
Ah, yes. Tell me what examples prove Zamasu's theory is wrong. I'll wait.

The fate of Universe 6's Earth, destroyed by mortals' infighting and violence, proves Zamasu is right. Son Goku raising fists against the Gods is proof of mortals' insolence.
Yours are just petty insults. I used examples to prove my points, you didn't.

Haters. Try. Harder. No matter how many times you people bash Zamasu, i will always be there to defend him, because there are many, many examples that show Zamasu was far from being wrong.
he killed kids.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:40 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote: Zamasu had a logical motivation for erasing entire Universes. I'll need you to pay attention on this one, but a Universe without mortals is far better than a Universe with mortals. Why? Because a Universe without mortals means monsters the likes of Frieza, Cell and Buu cannot stain the beauty of the Universe with their violence. There are a thousand examples that prove Zamasu's theory is 100% right.
And unlike Zeno, Zamasu actually cared for the well-being of the Universe, and for its laws and justice, hence he killed Future Bulma for building the Time Machine I.E. going against the laws of the Gods.
Kanassa? Why are you trying to argue against the supreme god Zamasu? Do you not realize your folly?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 pm

When you say "insolence" do you mean it as an inherently bad thing?

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:49 pm

He's no different. People who say stuff like, "Oh, well he's a god so he can do what he wants" are kidding themselves. Why the hell does that give him the right to be a genocidal douchebag?

The argument that he doesn't understand morality is a pretty good one, but that didn't excuse what Buu did. Maybe Satan should explain to Zeno to killing people is bad too? Imma be honest, if that's how the Universe Survival arc ends I won't even be mad. That'd be neat.
Merged Zamasu wrote: The fate of Universe 6's Earth, destroyed by mortals' infighting and violence, proves Zamasu is right. Son Goku raising fists against the Gods is proof of mortals' insolence.
Here's the thing though. Zamasu is an evil asshole too. Goku SHOULD fight the gods because they're also mostly evil assholes, and it annoys me that he doesn't.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:28 am

I NEVER denied the fact Zamasu is evil. I LOVE Zamasu because he is a psycopath bastard, because what he did to Goku's family puts him leagues above Frieza's cruelty.

But his theory is 100% correct. Now, it doesn't mean it is the "morally right" thing to do. Killing children is horrible, but it is true that mortals are unnecessary in the Universe, and it would be in the Universe's best interests if mortals disappeared. Afterall, mortals only bring corruption, war, violence, they pollute the beauty of the Universe and would mock their divine makers. The Universe is, without a doubt, flawed. Gods have their own agenda and ignore the justice of the Universe, mortals are free to abuse the gifts the Gods granted them to ruin the Universe, and nobody wants to change things. Zamasu was the only one who realized the Universe's flaws, who had the guts to take matters into his own hands. Mortals are just creations of the Gods. What happens when you notice something you made is flawed? You fix it or try to make a new one, because you truly care about that something. Now replace "You" with "Zamasu" and "Something" with "Universe".

Basically, Zamasu chose to act in the Universe's best interests, even if it meant slaughtering children. Sometimes, the best decision is also the "morally wrong" decision.

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:47 am

Merged Zamasu wrote: The fate of Universe 6's Earth, destroyed by mortals' infighting and violence, proves Zamasu is right. Son Goku raising fists against the Gods is proof of mortals' insolence.
So mortals fight and kill each other and that is bad, so the solution is to, err, kill all the mortals...

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:50 am

saunasolmu wrote:
So mortals fight and kill each other and that is bad, so the solution is to, err, kill all the mortals...
You have any other solution? The Gods have tried to teach mortals the right way. Mortals do not learn. Gowasu, like the coward he is, uses the "We must watch, not destroy" excuse. But Gowasu, letting mortals freely destroy the beauty of the Universe, and doing nothing to stop mortals' violence, is sin.