So do you think that Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu and Yamcha will eventually train with Whis?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: So do you think that Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu and Yamcha will eventually train with Whis?

Post by Basako » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:12 am

I think RoF was the last chance for Yamcha and Chaoz and Toriyama decided to leave them out. If any danger would come to the front of their noses, I guess we could see them do something, otherwise, they are retired.

So I don't see those two training with Whis, but I'd like if the rest would. It could be a chance to improve for Piccolo, Ten, Krilin and Roshi. I think the ten fighters should go to train with him.
Heno heno kappa!

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Re: So do you think that Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu and Yamcha will eventually train with Whis?

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:35 am

Basako wrote:I think RoF was the last chance for Yamcha and Chaoz and Toriyama decided to leave them out. If any danger would come to the front of their noses, I guess we could see them do something, otherwise, they are retired.

So I don't see those two training with Whis, but I'd like if the rest would. It could be a chance to improve for Piccolo, Ten, Krilin and Roshi. I think the ten fighters should go to train with him.
So you think, deep down, that Roshi worth more character developing than Yamcha and Chiaotzu? The dude, who is weaker than both FTR, was only in RoF cuz Toriyama decided to "honor him as Goku's first master" otherwise he'd stay the pathetic gag character he was. If Toei could only slap Toriyama like in the meme attached here when he gave them his movie "plot" draft (which is considered by yours truly and many other fans to be ranging from "the most stupid Dragon Ball story ever" to "the lamest DBZ movie ever"), and remind him that Yamcha (who's getting a lot of credit by them) is needed and it'd be AWESOME if even Chiaotzu would break free of this "useless character" status he's stuck in for 27 years now since the Frieza Saga fillers.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am

Israelite Wolfman wrote:
Basako wrote:I think RoF was the last chance for Yamcha and Chaoz and Toriyama decided to leave them out. If any danger would come to the front of their noses, I guess we could see them do something, otherwise, they are retired.

So you think, deep down, that Roshi worth more character developing than Yamcha and Chiaotzu? The dude, who is weaker than both FTR, was only in RoF cuz Toriyama decided to "honor him as Goku's first master" otherwise he'd stay the pathetic gag character he was. If Toei could only slap Toriyama like in the meme attached here when he gave them his movie "plot" draft (which is considered by yours truly and many other fans to be ranging from "the most stupid Dragon Ball story ever" to "the lamest DBZ movie ever"), and remind him that Yamcha (who's getting a lot of credit by them) is needed and it'd be AWESOME if even Chiaotzu would break free of this "useless character" status he's stuck in for 27 years now since the Frieza Saga fillers.
If it was for me, I would have replaced Yamcha and Chaoz for Roshi and Jaco ir RoF. Well, maybe I'd keep Roshi too. For this tournament, same, Yamcha for Roshi. In any case, I would have done 12 instead of 10 and include Yamcha and Chaoz.

But, dude, we have to accept it's not like that. Toriyama retired this two and neither Toei or Toyotaro changed that. On the other hand, he put Roshi in first line. So that's what it is.
Heno heno kappa!

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Basako wrote:If it was for me, I would have replaced Yamcha and Chaoz for Roshi and Jaco ir RoF. Well, maybe I'd keep Roshi too. For this tournament, same, Yamcha for Roshi. In any case, I would have done 12 instead of 10 and include Yamcha and Chaoz.

But, dude, we have to accept it's not like that. Toriyama retired this two and neither Toei or Toyotaro changed that. On the other hand, he put Roshi in first line. So that's what it is.
In the RoF arc Jaco didn't do anything, literally: he just defeated the last foot soldier shown on the ground and was used for side comments on the battle, nothing but this one kick he gave, while I have to admit I did enjoy his "battles" in the movie (most of them were running away from Frieza's soldiers and using tactics to defeat them). Roshi in the movie barely breathed after the first line of soldiers he Kamehameha-d, in the arc he wasn't given any more action after doing so. Yamcha and Chiaotzu could do better than these two listed above, but to make things better than this 177 soldiers per Z-Fighter rate and due to the fun Jaco could supply, as shown in the movie, I'd say let's add the two stronger humans into the existing format making it a 8 Z-Fighters against 1000 Frieza men army, making the odds 125 soldiers per Z-Fighter.
Toriyama just sucks in using his Non-Saiyan characters, Toyotaro is just his Igor/drawing hand cuz Akira is now not only lazy BUT ALSO OLD (the guy is 61 IIRC) and have no power or desire to draw anything, he just hands over his "plot" drafts to Toyotaro & Toei; Toyotaro won't mouth off to Toriyama even if he thought Chiaotzu & Yamcha were needed in this story (or if the story sucks), it took him too many years as a fanfic artist to get into the real official DB business, HOWEVER I've expected Toei to stand in and fix his flaws, if not in the already made movie so in the Dragon Ball Super retelling. TOO BAD IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. Feel free to see the discussion we had here.

About the Universe Survival Arc, I'd rather EVEN Goten and Trunks (NEVER LIKED ANY OF THEM) over Roshi, he's not a fighter in the caliber needed in the Zeno Tournament (or even surpassing a power level of 10,000 IMO), Yamcha and Chiaotzu on the other hand had trained all their life (Chiaotzu had a break after his "forced retirement" in the Android Saga, before returning to train with Tien for the Cell Games and in the Buu Saga; Yamcha quit training after the Cell Games but had his Other World training in the Fusion & Kid Buu Sagas thanks to Toei, and he kept up with his training as shown in DBS episode 70 [to maintain his baseball career?]) after surpassing Roshi BACK in their late teens & early 20s, he never trained with King Kai or was useful/fighter back in DBZ or GT so why bother to bring him to the front lines now? I rather they just invest in the four listed in the title if they want to make justice with Humans in the show/manga.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Israelite Wolfman wrote:A reminder of when Yamcha, Tien & Chiatozu could give Piccolo a hard time and mattered to the plot/franchise.
Not a very good reminder. They didn't matter to the plot in this scene. Was this even in the manga?

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:46 pm

Simere wrote:
Israelite Wolfman wrote:A reminder of when Yamcha, Tien & Chiatozu could give Piccolo a hard time and mattered to the plot/franchise.
Not a very good reminder. They didn't matter to the plot in this scene. Was this even in the manga?
nope,it didn't appear in the manga
Mostly active on discord.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:23 am

Totamo wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Beerus should force Whis to train his 10 fighters no excuse for Beerus not wanting Whis to train them.
let's see give undivided attention to the 2 best or try to get 8 fighters up to their level?

which is easier and makes more sense
It makes more sense to train everyone. Think about it.

Yeah you can have 2 strong fighters who can probably last the whole 48 minutes, but it does you no good if other teams have 3 or more strong members remaining.

So the smart thing to do is bring up the rear. I can definitely see the necessity of having Goku and Vegeta take the lead in everything. But I think they strategically made it to where you can't just rely on two people to carry. Everyone has to pull their weight

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 am

Simere wrote:
Mattered to the plot/franchise = were active part of the main cast and weren't the pathetic mute background-cameo characters they're now in Dragon Ball Super. Unlike Chiaotzu who got ruined in the Android Saga, Yamcha was at least still relevant in the Majin Buu conflict, not that minor character he's now.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:28 am

No, especially Chaozu and Yamcha. These two are out of commission.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:57 am

Definitely not. In the Universe 6 tournament arc I hoped/expected Whis to train Piccolo and Boo but once where they decided to hold the tournament in 5(?) days I knew it wouldn't happen. Even though it's not confirmed yet (could be at this point, I may be outdated) when the tournament will be held, I believe there won't be much time until then; but I'm 99% certain nobody will train with Whis (except, possibly, Goku & Vegeta), much less the earthlings and even less Yamcha and Chaozu - their last opportunity for action was in RoF and we all know how that turned out.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Hopefully never, that would piss me off if they went to train with whiss instead of Goten, Gohan, Trunks or piccolo. Tien would be nice though

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Regrettably, they aren't worth Whis' time. I'm sure they would reach a level that could crush any opponent from Z maybe even be worth some salt against opponents in Super, but that Angel doesn't run a charity service.

DBSQA
Beyond Newbie

Post by DBSQA » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Yamcha no, Chiaotzu probably.

The rest of them yes because they are going to be apart of the 10 fighters.

Razz

Post by Razz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:52 pm

The oracle fish stated in one episode that goku and vegeta may die from the whis training .I don't think that the suicide squad of the z fighters will survive even a slightest second of that training. Lol