Which fight do you prefer manga or anime

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The gr
I Live Here

Which fight do you prefer manga or anime

Post by The gr » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Which version of the battle do you prefer anime or manga here the list for it [spoiler]1) Goku vs beerus
    2)beerus vs Gotenks and Vegeta
      3)beerus vs Goku round 2
        4) beerus vs Champa
          5)Goku vs botamo
            6)Goku vs frost
              7) piccolo vs frost
                8) Vegeta vs frost 9) Vegeta vs magetta
                  10)Vegeta vs cabba
                    11)Vegeta vs hit
                      12)Goku vs hit
                        13) Goku black vs trunks
                          14) Vegeta vs goku black
                            15) Goku vs trunks
                              16) Goku vs zamasu[/spoiler] dang that's is the longest list I ever made and I'm gonna post my opinion later
                              Last edited by The gr on Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
                              Mostly active on discord.

sintzu
                              Banned

Re: Which fight do you prefer manga or anime

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:33 pm

The gr wrote:Which version of the battle do you prefer anime or manga here the list for it [spoiler]1) Goku vs beerus
                                  3)beerus vs Goku round 2
                                    4) beerus vs Champa
                                      5)Goku vs botamo
                                        6)Goku vs frost
                                          7) piccolo vs frost
                                              10)Vegeta vs cabba
                                                11)Vegeta vs hit
                                                  12)Goku vs hit
                                                    13) Goku black vs trunks
                                                      15) Vegeta vs goku black[/spoiler] dang that's is the longest list I ever made and I'm gonna post my opinion later
                                                      Goku vs Beerus : anime
                                                      Beerus vs Gotenks and Vegeta : anime
                                                      Beerus vs Goku : anime
                                                      Beerus vs Champa : manga
                                                      Goku vs Botomo and Frost : manga
                                                      Vegeta vs Frost : manga
                                                      Vegeta vs Maggeta : anime
                                                      Vegeta vs Hit and Cabba : tie
                                                      Goku vs Hit : anime
                                                      Vegeta vs Black : manga
                                                      July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Doctor.
                                                      Banned
                                                      Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am

Post by Doctor. » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Goku vs Beerus: Manga. Anime was terribly animated and terribly choreographed, episode 5 is infamous as we all know.

Beerus vs Everyone: Anime. Even if the choreography was better in the manga, I really like the scene where Beerus steps on Vegeta's head, so it takes the edge for me.

Goku vs Beerus: Anime again, character moments were more interesting and development for Beerus was far more interesting than anything the manga has done with the character. Episodes 11, 13 and 14 are some of the best in the series, especially 11.

Beerus vs Champa: Manga. No contest here.

Goku vs Botamo: Manga. Again, no contest.

Goku vs Frost: Manga.

Piccolo vs Frost: Anime. Manga made Piccolo look useless and regressed his character all the way back to the Saiyan arc, so the anime takes it, even if the animation wasn't the best.

Vegeta vs Frost: Anime. They were both meh, but I didn't like the tracing Toyotaro did in his version of this scene.

Vegeta vs Magetta: Anime. Much more tactical, could actually feel a bit of tension here. The manga's gags didn't hit home with me, I liked the anime's more subtle comedy with the way this one played out.

Vegeta vs Cabba: Anime.

Vegeta vs Hit: Anime.

Goku vs Hit: Anime. Even though the Kaioken is nonsensical, Hit is better developed, there's more tension and it's more enjoyable.

Goku Black vs Trunks: Manga.

Vegeta vs Goku Black: None.

FortuneSSJ
                                                      Born 'n Bred Here
                                                      Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 pm

The only fight I prefer the manga version is Goku vs Botamo.
                                                      A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Totamo
                                                      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...
                                                      Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Post by Totamo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm

I don't really think it's fair to do this for both sides. the anime has a rush production and the manga has a tight schedule.

MonkeyKing16
                                                      Not-So-Newbie
                                                      Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by MonkeyKing16 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Beerus vs Champa-Manga

Goku vs Botamo-Manga

Goku vs Frost-Manga

Piccolo vs Frost- Anime

Vegeta vs Frost-Neutral

Vegeta vs Magetta-Anime

Vegeta vs Cabba-Tie

Vegeta vs Hit-Tie

Goku vs Hit-Anime

Trunks vs Goku Black-Tie

Vegeta vs Goku Black-Undecided

Saikyo no Senshi
                                                      Advanced Regular
                                                      Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:08 am

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:12 am

Beers vs Son Gokuu(Round 1) : None. Both were disappointing.

Beers vs Everyone : None. The anime irritated me more though.

Beers vs Son Gokuu(Round 2) : Anime. Even though the anime fucked it up by dragging it. #12 was god awful and #13 was one of the most visually stiff episodes. Nothing moved interestingly. It was boring. But, #11 was good cause of the storyboarding and direction and #14 had one good Oonishi Ryou sequence and engaging Hatano direction.

Beers vs Champa : I don't even remember the manga version, but the anime fight was terrible. It wasn't even a fight actually. But, I'll go with the manga by default.

Son Gokuu vs Botamo : Manga by a landslide. The fight in the anime was beyond abysmal.

Son Gokuu vs Frost : Manga again. The anime continued to be visually trash.

Piccolo vs Frost : None. Both were boring. The fight itself was stupid and the outcome even more stupid.

Vegeta vs Frost : None. But, the manga was less crap cause the anime was still suffering from visual problems.

Vegeta vs Magetta : None once again. The anime improved a little, but not much to catch my attention and the manga fight ended pretty quickly and was also disappointing.

Vegeta vs Cabba : Anime, but only slightly cause Kaizawa's boards were for the first time translated well. The first half at least was nice. The manga was good too.

Vegeta vs Hit : Anime. Tate gave us a treat. Vegeta's beatdown was effective and was entertaining visually for the most part.

Son Gokuu vs Hit : None. Except Nozawa's awesome Kaio-Ken scream and Tate's nice choreography where Gokuu tries to figure out Hit's moves in #38, the fight was dull in the anime. #39 didn't please me. I thought the finale was disappointing and deserved more. The manga didn't interest me too.

I can't comment on the other remaining fights cause I haven't read the manga version of the Gokuu Black arc. The little bits I did, I forgot.

Ki Breaker
                                                      Born 'n Bred Here
                                                      Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
                                                      Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 am

That's way too many fights to compare, I generally tend to enjoy manga much more so going with that for all..
                                                      Well maybe except piccolo vs frost
                                                      The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

The gr
                                                      I Live Here
                                                      Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by The gr » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:09 am

The gr wrote:Which version of the battle do you prefer anime or manga here the list for it [spoiler]1) Goku vs beerus
                                                          3)beerus vs Goku round 2
                                                            4) beerus vs Champa
                                                              5)Goku vs botamo
                                                                6)Goku vs frost
                                                                  7) piccolo vs frost
                                                                      10)Vegeta vs cabba
                                                                        11)Vegeta vs hit
                                                                          12)Goku vs hit
                                                                            13) Goku black vs trunks
                                                                              14)) Vegeta vs goku black[/spoiler] dang that's is the longest list I ever made and I'm gonna post my opinion later
                                                                              [spoiler]1)manga
                                                                                2)manga
                                                                                  3) anime
                                                                                    4)manga
                                                                                      5)manga
                                                                                        6) manga
                                                                                          7)tie
                                                                                            8)manga
                                                                                              9) anime
                                                                                                10)tie
                                                                                                  11)anime
                                                                                                    12)anime
                                                                                                      13)manga
                                                                                                        14) anime[/spoiler]to this day I never seen someone who prefers Goku vs hit Vegeta vs Maggie and piccolo vs frost in the manga

User avatar
                                                                                                        OLKv3
                                                                                                        Posts: 1820
                                                                                                        Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Well you're about to see one now. The only thing I liked about Goku vs Hit in the anime was Kaio Ken and the Kamehameha. The rest was inferior to the manga imo. Vegeta vs Hit was better in the anime, I loved Vegeta coming up with a strategy that would have worked if Hit wasn't freezing time. He acted like a novice in the manga.
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Magetta in the anime was a shameless nostalgia wank to Vegeta's final flash. I enjoyed the manga's more. Vegeta vs Cabbe is better in the anime, too much tracing in the manga, though I thought the fight was stupid in both versions

Piccolo vs Frost was better in the anime solely because they gave Piccolo an actual fight.
                                                                                                        Goku vs Botamo and Frost is better in the manga. Vegeta vs Frost is better in the manga because I hated Frost turning into Freeza

Goku vs Beerus Rnd 1 is manga. Goku vs Beerus Rnd 2 is tied. Anime dragged on way too long and only had 2 episodes that were a good fight, but I hated the changed ending, much preferred the BoG ending which the manga kept. But the rest of the manga fight was an abridged mess.

Beerus vs Everyone: Hated both. Done much better in the movie.

User avatar
                                                                                                        FortuneSSJ
                                                                                                        Born 'n Bred Here
                                                                                                        Posts: 5812
                                                                                                        Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:07 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The only fight I prefer the manga version is Goku vs Botamo.
                                                                                                        -Edit-

Just did a quick recap to the manga. I had completely forgot how much better Beerus vs Champa is in the manga. Vegeta vs Frost is also more satisfying than the badly animated punch in the anime. I add those two to my list.

Goku vs Botamo in the anime is still the one that disappoint me the most. The fight itself is already not cool, and the anime just turnt it in garbage.
                                                                                                        A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
                                                                                                        Lord Beerus
                                                                                                        Namekian Warrior
                                                                                                        Posts: 21389
                                                                                                        Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
                                                                                                        Location: A temple on a giant tree
                                                                                                        Contact:

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm

Goku vs Beerus: Neither. The movie version is the best.
                                                                                                        Beerus vs Everyone else: Neither. Once again, the movie does it better.
                                                                                                        Beerus vs Goku Round 2: Neither... again. The movie does it better... again.
                                                                                                        Beerus vs Champa: The manga had more of sense of scale and the anime version of fight looked stiff and lifeless. Manga wins.
                                                                                                        Goku vs Botamo: Manga wins by a motherfuckin landslide. Holy shit, was this fight terrible in the anime.
                                                                                                        Goku vs Frost: Manga, but I didn't like this fight as a whole to be honest
                                                                                                        Piccolo vs Frost: Anime by far. Piccolo actually put up more of strategically based fight and come across a more of cunning fighter
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Frost: Neither. Didn't like this fight period. The manga just dragged it out and anime take on it look half arsed.
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Magetta: Anime by far. Again, just like the Piccolo/Frost battle, the was more of a sense of strategy, cunning and tension.
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Cabba: I actually really like both version of this fight so it's kinda hard to choose. I guess I'll go with the anime because I found it more aesthetically pleasing.
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Hit: Anime. By. A. Landslide. This fight is one of the major highlight in all of Super. It was wonderfully animated and directed.
                                                                                                        Goku vs Hit: Anime by a wide margin. Just a fight with way more tension in it and I personally hated how Toyotaro made Hit into such a chump in the manga.
                                                                                                        Goku Black vs Future Trunks: Hard choice. Both versions of the fight are great. I'll give this to the anime but on the basis that their initial scuffle produced two really good cuts of animation. The battle in the manga was all pretty damn good.
                                                                                                        Vegeta vs Goku Black: Is this the first time they fought or the second time? Either way, the anime made the fight more engaging and didn't reduce Black's character to a total chump like the manga did.

User avatar
                                                                                                        MyNiggaGoku
                                                                                                        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
                                                                                                        Posts: 357
                                                                                                        Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:02 pm
                                                                                                        Location: Zen-chan's bedroom

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Goku Vs Beerus (1st Fight):Manga...The anime had intolerable animation while the manga is visually stunning.As it tends to be.
                                                                                                        Gotenks Vs Beerus (I am breaking the battle into 2 parts because they are 2 different fights):Manga...The fact that Toyotaro chose to use SS3 wins it for the manga alone.Liked Beerus' throw of tantrum in the anime though.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Beerus:Manga...Hated the overdramatic burst of rage Vegeta had in the anime while I liked the sudden explosion he had in both the movie & the manga.Fighting wise I liked both.
                                                                                                        Goku Vs Beerus (2nd Fight):Tie...I liked the actual fight itself more in the anime but the ending of the manga is much more appealing to me.A combination of the 2 makes it the perfect thing.
                                                                                                        Beerus Vs Champa:Manga...We actually get to see Champa & Beerus fighting seriously while the anime limits the 2 brothers to a small and uninspiring scuffle.
                                                                                                        Goku Vs Botamo:Manga...The anime looked horrible and it was an ugly way to start a much anticipated event.Manga did this battle justice.
                                                                                                        Goku Vs Frost:Manga...Again looked better and actually made Frost seem a little stronger than in the anime.
                                                                                                        Piccolo Vs Frost:Tie...Liked how Piccolo actually started the fight in his weighted clothing in the manga but also liked how he tried to win it through strategizng in the anime.The manga made him stronger while the anime made him more strategic.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Frost:Manga...It was awesome to see Vegeta actually enjoying beating up Frost in the manga.In the anime it was all over with one ugly punch.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Magetta:Anime...I loved the creative approach the anime took.It was awesome to see the Final Flash return too.Manga's fight wasn't bad but it was less creative than the anime's.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Cabbe:Manga...The fight up until Cabbe's transformation was very good in both mediums.But I liked Cabbe achieving SS more in the manga.In the anime it just felt a little...bland.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Hit:Anime...If there is a fight the anime definitely did better than the manga,it's that one.Vegeta's strategic approach in the anime made it a more interesting situation than the completely one-sided beating we had in the manga.
                                                                                                        Goku Vs Hit:Manga...Not gonna lie.I loved SSG's return.It is my favourite form.Would have liked it if the fight was a little more even just like in the anime,but I will take this version over the anime's without a doubt.Kaio-Ken was super cool but also created a huge gap between Goku & Vegeta.
                                                                                                        Future Trunks Vs Goku Black:Tie...Loved both versions.That's all.
                                                                                                        Vegeta Vs Goku Black:That's a tricky one.We had 2 battles in the anime and 1 in the manga(although the arc is still unfinished).I think it's too early to compare the 2 until the arc is finished in the manga.
                                                                                                        My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

User avatar
                                                                                                        batistabus
                                                                                                        Patreon Supporter
                                                                                                        Posts: 2108
                                                                                                        Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:55 pm
                                                                                                        Location: DBS:SH

Post by batistabus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:21 pm

[spoiler]1) Goku vs beerus - Battle of Gods film
                                                                                                        2)beerus vs Gotenks and Vegeta - Battle of Gods film
                                                                                                        3)beerus vs Goku round 2 - Battle of Gods film
                                                                                                        4) beerus vs Champa - manga
                                                                                                        5)Goku vs botamo - manga
                                                                                                        6)Goku vs frost - manga
                                                                                                        7) piccolo vs frost - manga. I like that he tried utilizing a strategy in the anime, but I thought it was a silly one.
                                                                                                        8) Vegeta vs frost - manga
                                                                                                        9) Vegeta vs magetta - manga. I thought the anime fight was rediculously stupid.
                                                                                                        10)Vegeta vs cabba - tie
                                                                                                        11)Vegeta vs hit - manga
                                                                                                        12)Goku vs hit - manga overall. The fight was very well choreographed by Toyotaro, and it made a lot more sense. I did get hype when Goku used SSBKaioken in the anime, though.
                                                                                                        13) Goku black vs trunks - Anime, if only for Nozawa's performance and the laugh Black let out when Trunks punched him in the gut.
                                                                                                        14) Vegeta vs goku black - manga[/spoiler]

Basically, I think the manga is almost always better. I think Toyotaro does a fantastic job in terms of the way he draws characters, composition/choreography, and portraying characters properly. The anime tries to spice things up or pad scenes out, but for me, this more often detracts from the impact of what's happening, ends up being too over the top, or just doesn't make much sense. That's not to say that I dislike the anime overall...I still look forward to watching it every week, and I love the performances.

User avatar
                                                                                                        The gr
                                                                                                        I Live Here
                                                                                                        Posts: 2856

Post by The gr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Just to clear something out 1)I'm referring to Goku black second fight against Vegeta in the anime vs Goku black vs Vegeta manga
                                                                                                        2) I did not mention bog in this but if we're comparing then it goes like this Goku vs beerus round 1 bog≥manga ≥anime
                                                                                                        beerus vs everyone bog ≥manga≥anime let's be real both the manga and anime sucks in terms for the z fighters fighting like tien piccolo gohan #18 and Buu when compared to bog
                                                                                                        goku vs beerus round 2 bog ≥anime≥manga

User avatar
                                                                                                        Draconic
                                                                                                        I Live Here
                                                                                                        Posts: 2091
                                                                                                        Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
                                                                                                        Location: Romania

Post by Draconic » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 pm

1. Goku vs Beerus - anime. While the first half is poor, the thing picks up once SSJ3 enters the picture.

2. Beerus vs everyone - anime, since I can't even remember the manga version. Him vs Buu is especially entertaining.

3. Goku vs Beerus - anime, again. It's sadit got dragged out to hell, but I always thought it was very good. Episode 11 especially is one of the greatest episodes in the entire series.

4. Beerus vs Champa - manga. The anime is barely a fight.

5. Goku vs Botamo - manga. The anime version is atrocious. I don't remember who said it but the quote stuck with me: "the manga was better animated than the anime".

6. Goku vs Frost - a tie, I guess. I vastly prefer base Goku vs Frost in the manga, but the anime handles the Super Saiyan stuff better, while I feel the manga drags it out too much.

7. Piccolo vs Frost - anime since Piccolo is at least getting SOME respect, unlike the manga where he jobs hard.

8. Vegeta vs Frost - anime, since it's not a fight. The manga drags it out too much, for what is esentially, a one-shot ordeal.

9. Vegeta vs Magetta - anime... I really like the way the gags play out better in that.

10. Vegeta vs Cabba - tie. Like both, love neither.

11. Vegeta vs Hit - anime and it's not even close. One of Super's highlights to this day. Amazing top to bottom.

12. Goku vs Hit - anime and it's not even close again. While I love Super Saiyan God, the Kaioken is just to epic to look over not to mention INSERT SONG!

13. Trunks vs Black - anime. Higashide just nails it. I love Trunks using his hilt in the manga, as that was pretty creative, but not much else stands out.

14. Vegeta vs Black - since the manga combines both of Vegeta's fights into one I'll say: anime for the "don't defile Saiyan cells" fight, manga if it's the first fight where Vegeta gets stabbed.
                                                                                                        Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

User avatar
                                                                                                        The gr
                                                                                                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Draconic wrote:1. Goku vs Beerus - anime. While the first half is poor, the thing picks up once SSJ3 enters the picture.

2. Beerus vs everyone - anime, since I can't even remember the manga version. Him vs Buu is especially entertaining.

3. Goku vs Beerus - anime, again. It's sadit got dragged out to hell, but I always thought it was very good. Episode 11 especially is one of the greatest episodes in the entire series.

4. Beerus vs Champa - manga. The anime is barely a fight.

5. Goku vs Botamo - manga. The anime version is atrocious. I don't remember who said it but the quote stuck with me: "the manga was better animated than the anime".

6. Goku vs Frost - a tie, I guess. I vastly prefer base Goku vs Frost in the manga, but the anime handles the Super Saiyan stuff better, while I feel the manga drags it out too much.

7. Piccolo vs Frost - anime since Piccolo is at least getting SOME respect, unlike the manga where he jobs hard.

8. Vegeta vs Frost - anime, since it's not a fight. The manga drags it out too much, for what is esentially, a one-shot ordeal.

9. Vegeta vs Magetta - anime... I really like the way the gags play out better in that.

10. Vegeta vs Cabba - tie. Like both, love neither.

11. Vegeta vs Hit - anime and it's not even close. One of Super's highlights to this day. Amazing top to bottom.

12. Goku vs Hit - anime and it's not even close again. While I love Super Saiyan God, the Kaioken is just to epic to look over not to mention INSERT SONG!

13. Trunks vs Black - anime. Higashide just nails it. I love Trunks using his hilt in the manga, as that was pretty creative, but not much else stands out.

14. Vegeta vs Black - since the manga combines both of Vegeta's fights into one I'll say: anime for the "don't defile Saiyan cells" fight, manga if it's the first fight where Vegeta gets stabbed.
                                                                                                        I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Vegeta vs hit was one of super highlights heck I think is better than Goku vs hit

User avatar
                                                                                                        omaro34
                                                                                                        Posts: 1952
                                                                                                        Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
                                                                                                        Location: Western Canada

Post by omaro34 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Anime all day everyday.

I just never got around to the Manga. I tried it, wasn't my forte.
                                                                                                        "Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
                                                                                                        The gr
                                                                                                        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 pm

Damn it I forgot trunks vs Goku in that fight Is a tied I love both versions

User avatar
                                                                                                        MyNiggaGoku
                                                                                                        Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
                                                                                                        Posts: 357
                                                                                                        Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:02 pm
                                                                                                        Location: Zen-chan's bedroom

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:46 am

The gr wrote:Damn it I forgot trunks vs Goku in that fight Is a tied I love both versions
                                                                                                        You can also include Goku Vs Future Zamasu since we now have it.You may continue editing the list whenever we have new fights in order to keep this thread relevant.
                                                                                                        My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

Post Reply