Dragon Ball Super English Dub Changes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Super English Dub Changes

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:05 pm

I create this thread in hopes of documenting and discussing every major dub change in the English dub of DBS, specifically, the FUNImation dub.

This is just a little project of mine inspired by fellow a Ex-YouTuber, who actually tried to make videos about every single dub change in Dragon Ball Z!

I think the English dub's accuracy has increased by a great deal in these past few years and since we're getting a one week gap between every episode, it shouldn't be as difficult as the project of the above mentioned person.

Okay, for Episode 1 I wasn't able to find any major ones, but I think this one about the amount of time passed since the memories of Majin Buu were erased needs to be addressed:

Original
"Some time has passed since then"

FUNImation
"And the planet has enjoyed several more months of peace"

Significance:
The original version is extremely vague, and really, even a week would suffice as "some time". The dub changes this and while it still retains the vagueness, it erases the possibilty of the time-skip being less than a month.

EDIT: I hope everyone else can also add to the discussion, and let us know if you find any more dub changes :thumbup:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.