Bets for the universal tournament arc!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Bets for the universal tournament arc!

Post by TheMathemagician » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I bet this man will be shaking up the community
Yeah, 17 will have a big role
Lol, but yeah. I don't see Ten doing too much tbh.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I take you on it :thumbup:
But the condition is, a non fighting event shouldn't be considered as the random stuff player do between the tournament like eat or sleep, it should be a legit non fighting event..
Are you alright with that?
Yes, exactly what I meant. Like eating challenges, treasure hunts, jan ken po and similar to state the winner.
Let's have fun :).
Seems like bacterian is calling buddy, he is coming for ya :P
Can't have brakes between matches if there is one match :P
I know I know, tonight (Rome hour) I'll pay my bet and I glorify you in the signature.

...damn zeno...
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:34 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: I know I know, tonight (Rome hour) I'll pay my bet and I glorify you in the signature.
"Ki Breaker the uncanny hero of nowadays win my bet, so I'll use a Bacterian avatar 4 weeks (end 4/6)'

Uncanny hero huh, that's a new one :lol:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:37 pm

I bet that Piccolo will use his stretchy arm technique at least once to save someone from an out-of-bounds.

I'm not entirely confident it'll happen, but a gamble is a gamble.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:43 pm

No matter how he will lose, no matter how early (won't happen) he might get out... This man is my bet for being the most awesome character in the arc.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have no doubt he will have a huge role in it after all these years and seeing his huge role in merchadizing gives me hope that all my suffering waiting for a return weren't for nothing

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Kishido wrote:No matter how he will lose, no matter how early (won't happen) he might get out... This man is my bet for being the most awesome character in the arc.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I have no doubt he will have a huge role in it after all these years and seeing his huge role in merchadizing gives me hope that all my suffering waiting for a return weren't for nothing
You really are describing my feelings right now,eventhough my head keeps telling stop getting your hopes too high my heart keeps telling me that 17 will have a major role i really hope we're right,his fans deserve it.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Kishido wrote:No matter how he will lose, no matter how early (won't happen) he might get out... This man is my bet for being the most awesome character in the arc.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

You really are describing my feelings right now,eventhough my head keeps telling stop getting your hopes too high my heart keeps telling me that 17 will have a major role i really hope we're right,his fans deserve it.
And we should forget his DB Heroes team card with SSB Goku and Vegeta.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Kishido wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yeah that card is gorgeous i'm about to make it my new religion ! lol some hater here was saying how these cards don't matter and was pissed about how 17 is getting more promotion than the others which sucks because it's about time and he deserves it.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:30 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: You really are describing my feelings right now,eventhough my head keeps telling stop getting your hopes too high my heart keeps telling me that 17 will have a major role i really hope we're right,his fans deserve it.
Yeah that card is gorgeous i'm about to make it my new religion ! lol some hater here was saying how these cards don't matter and was pissed about how 17 is getting more promotion than the others which sucks because it's about time and he deserves it.
And in Dokkan battle he will get a dokkan awakening soon in JP

Damn it... Stil have to pull him

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:33 pm

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:45 pm

Kishido wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
Kishido wrote:
And in Dokkan battle he will get a dokkan awakening soon in JP

Damn it... Stil have to pull him
And this poster is another proof of #17 being revelant Image, out of all the character they draw, they choose #17, instead of piccolo and Gohan
Lord Frieza wrote:Image
sorry but U7 is going to win by looking at the Eoz, through I'm not gonna get because I already made a bet
Mostly active on discord.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:50 pm

The gr wrote:
sorry but U7 is going to win by looking at the Eoz, through I'm not gonna get because I already made a bet
[/quote]

All EoZ shows us is that our heroes are all still alive and their universe is still round. It's not stated anywhere that they won the tournament :wink:.

My bet is U11 is going to win and somehow fix this mess that the Omni-King and Goku have got us in to.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
The gr wrote: sorry but U7 is going to win by looking at the Eoz, through I'm not gonna get because I already made a bet
All EoZ shows us is that our heroes are all still alive and their universe is still round. It's not stated anywhere that they won the tournament :wink:.
My bet is U11 is going to win and somehow fix this mess that the Omni-King and Goku have got us in to.
That is very interesting, since u11 have the pride troopers,so that might happen,is a 50% chance of that happening
Mostly active on discord.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 pm

The gr wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
The gr wrote: sorry but U7 is going to win by looking at the Eoz, through I'm not gonna get because I already made a bet
That is very interesting, since u11 have the pride troopers,so that might happen,is a 50% chance of that happening
I wouldn't say there's a 50% chance of that happening at all tbh.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:49 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
The gr wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: All EoZ shows us is that our heroes are all still alive and their universe is still round. It's not stated anywhere that they won the tournament :wink:.
I wouldn't say there's a 50% chance of that happening at all tbh.
Well given that Goku has lost to Beerus and Hit, Failed against Zamasu and only beat Frieza with help from Whis......U7's odds of winning are actually pretty low.

Edit: Also throw in the fact they have zero time to train......and their prospects seem even worse.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:48 pm

The gr wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
It'd be very interesting if that happened, and I really like that idea, but at the same time I feel like our heroes need to win for once.

Since the start of Super, they've literally done nothing but lose. Goku lost against Beerus, he technically lost against Freeza, he lost against Hit, and he definitely lost against Zamasu. Goku & Vegeta have just been getting their shit stomped in since the series started, and their only "real" win you could even consider was against Freeza, but again, they would have lost if not for Whis' deus ex time rewind. Technically they already did lose once, the rewind was just "fixing" that loss.

BUT then again, if Goku wins this whole thing, who will be left to challenge him? Sure there are those 4 other universes, but ignoring those, he'd be the strongest person in 8 universes. This power scale is starting to get ridiculous and I'm beginning to prefer the more grounded approach GT took where Goku isn't the godmanchild among gods among gods among men, but just a dude who lives on Earth who fights once in awhile.

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Asura wrote:
The gr wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: All EoZ shows us is that our heroes are all still alive and their universe is still round. It's not stated anywhere that they won the tournament :wink:.
It'd be very interesting if that happened, and I really like that idea, but at the same time I feel like our heroes need to win for once.

Since the start of Super, they've literally done nothing but lose. Goku lost against Beerus, he technically lost against Freeza, he lost against Hit, and he definitely lost against Zamasu. Goku & Vegeta have just been getting their shit stomped in since the series started, and their only "real" win you could even consider was against Freeza, but again, they would have lost if not for Whis' deus ex time rewind. Technically they already did lose once, the rewind was just "fixing" that loss.

BUT then again, if Goku wins this whole thing, who will be left to challenge him? Sure there are those 4 other universes, but ignoring those, he'd be the strongest person in 8 universes. This power scale is starting to get ridiculous and I'm beginning to prefer the more grounded approach GT took where Goku isn't the godmanchild among gods among gods among men, but just a dude who lives on Earth who fights once in awhile.
I think they are overdo for a win. But you're right. Nobody will be left to challenge if they win. Which is why I partially think they'll do what they did with Hit.

It was clear that Hit was stronger than Goku during the tournament, but at some point Goku managed to beat him at his best (with a learning curve obviously). So I can see him losing in the tournament and then beating them again at some point in the future.

Personally I'd rather he just beat everyone, but that's too obvious. I'm also hoping they'll find some way to have an extended amount of time maybe by training in the hyperbolic time chamber in the 40 hour time frame. Not likely but I'd still like to see Whis work his magic.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:43 pm

simtek34 wrote:
Well, I guess it's time to change your avatar. Sorry! :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:26 pm

My bet is that Female Broly will be the new Launch (ランチ Ranchi). :D :evil:

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Oracle wrote:My bet is that Female Broly will be the new Launch (ランチ Ranchi). :D :evil:
I would love that.