Bets for the universal tournament arc!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Bets for the universal tournament arc!

Post by Alee9977 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:20 pm

I bet Vegeta will lose immediatly with an opponent (like vs Hit and vs Black)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:23 pm

Alee9977 wrote:I bet Vegeta will lose immediatly with an opponent (like vs Hit and vs Black)
Really tempted to bet against you, but I will hold off just because it could be the case coz of toie not wanting to stretch out the Battle when he is gonna lose anyways
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 pm

I bet the winner gets to use the super dragon balls, which in turn gets all the losing universes wished back.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:I bet there will be at least one opponent stronger than everyone else from a yet unknown universe.
If this everyone else includes berrus and whis, yea betting against you here
Haha I meant everyone else among the participants my mistake, but now that you mention it I think that would be totally AWESOME lol
Imagine someone who could destroy Zeno lol
Not probable enough to bet on it though lol

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Alee9977 wrote:I bet Vegeta will lose immediatly with an opponent (like vs Hit and vs Black)
I'll take this bet! (pls no toriyama)
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Yomi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I bet hit will lose to someone else other than goku..
Now that I think about it, it's very likely that hit will be a Jobber for the new ULTIMATE SUPER COMPETITOR!
Gohan and hit are getting two parters as retribution because they're going to job hard as fuck :cry:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 am

kinisking wrote: Gohan is getting two parter as retribution because he's going to job hard as fuck :cry:
To prepare for the eventual heartbreak I even changed my avatar to this, just to ease into the upcoming pain
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:26 am

kinisking wrote:
Yomi wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:I bet hit will lose to someone else other than goku..
Now that I think about it, it's very likely that hit will be a Jobber for the new ULTIMATE SUPER COMPETITOR!
Gohan and hit are getting two parters as retribution because they're going to job hard as fuck :cry:
Why would Gohan job lol? Hit has to lose unless you want to see the same exact fight between him and Goku three times.

Did people here suddenly forget like 7 episodes ago they made Future Trunks look stronger than Vegito? Had Mai of all people be useful against Zamasu and Black?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Nano wrote:I bet the winner gets to use the super dragon balls, which in turn gets all the losing universes wished back.
I'll take this bet. The spheres will not be the prize AND universes won't be destroyed until the end. What if I loose?

MY BET: there will be also a number of NO FIGHTING events.
Looser must use Bacterian as avatar.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:04 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote: MY BET: there will be also a number of NO FIGHTING events.
I might take you up on this one, but first explain what "a number of" is around?
5?7? A rough estimate is also fine

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:06 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
I might take you up on this one, but first explain what "a number of" is around?
I think at least 30%, so in 10 clashes, 3 are non fighting. in 12 clashes, 4 non fighting events. At least.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:09 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
I think at least 30%, so in 10 clashes, 3 are non fighting. in 12 clashes, 4 non fighting events. At least.
I take you on it :thumbup:
But the condition is, a non fighting event shouldn't be considered as the random stuff player do between the tournament like eat or sleep, it should be a legit non fighting event..
Are you alright with that?

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I might take you up on this one, but first explain what "a number of" is around?
I take you on it :thumbup:
But the condition is, a non fighting event shouldn't be considered as the random stuff player do between the tournament like eat or sleep, it should be a legit non fighting event..
Are you alright with that?
Yes, exactly what I meant. Like eating challenges, treasure hunts, jan ken po and similar to state the winner.
Let's have fun :).

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:16 pm

I'm hoping me and gafonso are not the only one with the bet in the signature
Mostly active on discord.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:43 pm

I bet that Gohan will transform higher than Super Saiyan, if even for a moment. If I lose, my avatar is changed to a Super Saiyan Blue Gohan edit (a decent one, please :P) for a week.

Why SSJB Gohan? Because I do NOT want that to EVER happen.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I bet that Gohan will transform higher than Super Saiyan, if even for a moment. If I lose, my avatar is changed to a Super Saiyan Blue Gohan edit (a decent one, please :P) for a week.

It's a given gohan will transform into ssb sooner or later, I am even ready to bet on it for as long as the series goes

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I bet that Gohan will transform higher than Super Saiyan, if even for a moment. If I lose, my avatar is changed to a Super Saiyan Blue Gohan edit (a decent one, please :P) for a week.

Does ultimate count?

Also, would you be okay with Gohan having a form equal or stronger than ssb but just not ssb? I've never understood that mentality, but I've seen a lot of people say something similar.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 pm

kinisking wrote:Does ultimate count?

Also, would you be okay with Gohan having a form equal or stronger than ssb but just not ssb? I've never understood that mentality, but I've seen a lot of people say something similar.
Yes.

No, I'd prefer no power-ups to get him to god-tier. He's fine where he is in my opinion. A scholar isn't THAT bad! :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
kinisking wrote:Does ultimate count?

Yes.

No, I'd prefer no power-ups to get him to god-tier. He's fine where he is in my opinion. A scholar isn't THAT bad! :D
Not worth it then :lol:

Being a scholar isn't bad at all. Being weak even though you want to protect your family is bad though. At least imo.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm

This is uncharacteristically optimistic of me but I bet the other fighters besides the two that actually matter from U7 will actually win a fight! And I mean actually win, not quasi-win/lose so Goku and Vegeta can solo the remaining fighters like in the U6 arc.

If I lose this bet, I won't say a bad thing about Gohan for a month.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):