Are you expecting much from the new character designs?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Are you expecting much from the new character designs?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm

If Toriyama will really draw 10 fighters for each Universe, I expect some to be lame.
I will also be surprised in a good way, if the other God of Destructions don't turn out to be all cats.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:58 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:If Toriyama will really draw 10 fighters for each Universe, I expect some to be lame.
I will also be surprised in a good way, if the other God of Destructions don't turn out to be all cats.
By looking at this image Imageit seems to have two cats ears
Mostly active on discord.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:00 am

I would prefer if Toriyama focused on a few of the new fighters of the other universes, but still designed all the fighters.
It won't take him much time to quickly draw the non-important ones and possibly give them a gimmick.
Like Botamo, I bet it didn't take Toriyama much to come up with his design and abilities
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 pm

emperior wrote:Like Botamo, I bet it didn't take Toriyama much to come up with his design and abilities
His thought process was probably, "Alright, who's the gimmick fighter who loses in the first round? Oh, I know! Winnie the Poo!" I seriously think the Botamo WAS based off of Winnie the Pooh. That can't possibly be a coincidence.

Frost probably didn't take much time either since he's basically blue Frieza with a few differences. (Like pants. :P)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:04 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
emperior wrote:Like Botamo, I bet it didn't take Toriyama much to come up with his design and abilities
His thought process was probably, "Alright, who's the gimmick fighter who loses in the first round? Oh, I know! Winnie the Poo!" I seriously think the Botamo WAS based off of Winnie the Pooh. That can't possibly be a coincidence.

Frost probably didn't take much time either since he's basically blue Frieza with a few differences. (Like pants. :P)
Can't forget those boots!
Boots really takes away some of his scariness, those claws looked quite nice on freeza
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 pm

I swear too god if I don't see at least one female arcosian from the other universes... I'm sick to death with all the males we've been getting. Just plain irritating. At the very least I am confident with the designs we'll be getting. As Toriyama has proved himself capable

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:23 pm

Gog wrote:I swear too god if I don't see at least one female arcosian from the other universes... I'm sick to death with all the males we've been getting. Just plain irritating. At the very least I am confident with the designs we'll be getting. As Toriyama has proved himself capable
Did you mean female alien? Because the only place were there would be a female member of Freeza race is Universe 6 or 7.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:25 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Gog wrote:I swear too god if I don't see at least one female arcosian from the other universes... I'm sick to death with all the males we've been getting. Just plain irritating. At the very least I am confident with the designs we'll be getting. As Toriyama has proved himself capable
Did you mean female alien? Because the only place were there would be a female member of Freeza race is Universe 6 or 7.
I know. Anyhoo I do hope that Toriyama can wow me with the designs. But I am personally hoping that one of the god's of destruction. Is a hippo

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 pm

Welp, we now got a female Broli now.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:41 pm

That's way too much muscle for a girl...this looks androgynous as hell.