Which GT or other filler character would you like to see making a cameo in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Which GT or other filler character would you like to see making a cameo in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:02 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Gohan meeting some of the orphans he spent an episode with as adults who managed to get themselves together, or Pikkon & Olibu matter again helping Goku in some Other World crisis, or finding out what have happened to Bun & his orphan children crew.

The GT characters I'd like them to show are Ledgic (was too mysterious) and Zoonama (was quite funny) - but they need to think of a way of adding their appearance to the story, the Trunks' Timeline Universe being taken over by the formless Fusion Zamasu could have been fine setting to place them at.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Which GT or other filler character would you like to see making a cameo in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Pikkon was really the only filler character in all of DB, Z or GT I actually give a damn about. So my vote for a filler character to appear in Super would go to him.

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Which GT or other filler character would you like to see making a cameo in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:02 pm

None of them. Can't let them contaminate the new material. Okay Raichi, and Coola, that's who I wan't :?

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Cooler and Pikon.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Do the movies count? If so, Janemba. But not cameo, he needs to get proper personality but keeping his design and all of his techniques.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Broly.

His Power Is Maximum.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:27 pm

Dragon Fist, if a freaking video game attack can show up (Final Kamehameha), so can a movie technique. Hell, they're acknowledging Zs filler anyway so any pretense of "staying manga exclusive" died back when Gregory showed up.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:31 pm

That old martial artist guy from the pre-Cell Games filler. I liked him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:49 pm

I liked that filler episode of Dragon Ball with King Wonton and the demons. I'm sure everyone has forgotten that episode but it had potential to be a short series on its own.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 am

When my friends and I were Dragon Ball obsessed in the mid-to-late 90s, obviously we had no knowledge about what was or wasn't "filler", so we took it all at face value as being legitimately part of the story.

For some reason, Pigero from the Plight of the Children episode was a character we always responded really well to. When we used to "play" Dragon Ball on the playground during break times, we always used to include Pigero and pretend that he had eventually made his was to Roshi's Island and trained under him. I guess you could call this a very primitive form a fanfiction, haha. We also did something similar but with Raditz returning from the dead and joining the Z-Fighters...

It would be nice to see Pigero again, as well as the other orphans, but obviously I know there is no chance of this happening.

In terms of filler characters, Pikkon is clearly the best. It was great seeing an equal of Goku's in the Other World. It would be great to have seen more of him but again, there is little chance of that ever happening. Arqua and Olibu were really good as well, in my opinion, as was Papoi, the chef-like fighter.

Remember InoShikaCho and Konkichi? Shame we never saw them again either.

--------------------

Oh, also, I really like Maron when she appeared. Would be nice to see more of her, although I appreciate this is now rather awkward due to Krillin's daughter having the same name...
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 am

TheZFighter wrote:When my friends and I were Dragon Ball obsessed in the mid-to-late 90s, obviously we had no knowledge about what was or wasn't "filler", so we took it all at face value as being legitimately part of the story.

For some reason, Pigero from the Plight of the Children episode was a character we always responded really well to. When we used to "play" Dragon Ball on the playground during break times, we always used to include Pigero and pretend that he had eventually made his was to Roshi's Island and trained under him. I guess you could call this a very primitive form a fanfiction, haha. We also did something similar but with Raditz returning from the dead and joining the Z-Fighters...

It would be nice to see Pigero again, as well as the other orphans, but obviously I know there is no chance of this happening.

In terms of filler characters, Pikkon is clearly the best. It was great seeing an equal of Goku's in the Other World. It would be great to have seen more of him but again, there is little chance of that ever happening. Arqua and Olibu were really good as well, in my opinion, as was Papoi, the chef-like fighter.

Remember InoShikaCho and Konkichi? Shame we never saw them again either.

--------------------

Oh, also, I really like Maron when she appeared. Would be nice to see more of her, although I appreciate this is now rather awkward due to Krillin's daughter having the same name...
Huh, just searched up whatever the hell Pigero is, and I'm pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

His design is pretty good, refreshingly simply. His backstory, is genius. Shame everyone seemed to forget about him, would be a treat to see him again

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:38 am

Gog wrote:Huh, just searched up whatever the hell Pigero is, and I'm pleasantly surprised with what I saw.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

His design is pretty good, refreshingly simply. His backstory, is genius. Shame everyone seemed to forget about him, would be a treat to see him again
Yeah, we always quite liked Yamcha as children and I guess, design wise, he has a touch of"Yamcha" about him. That may have contributed to us liking him so much, despite there being little reason to. The orphan backstory is always a winner as well.

Actually, now you mention it, I'm pretty sure there was a fairly popular fanfiction at one point where Pigero became a student of Yamcha's. I'm sure somebody on here with a better memory could enlighten us more?
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:42 pm

I think it'd be funny if a character suggests a higher form above Super Saiyajin Blue, one with the ferocity of an Ōzaru, and Gokū imagines Super Saiyajin 4, then comically waves it off with a "Nah."
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Kerunou

Post by Kerunou » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 am

I'd like for Pikkon to get some sort of mention/appearance. I'll put my vote down for him. If I had to choose from strictly GT I'm not sure who I'd pick, honestly.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:04 am

Pikkon, for sure. The Grand Kai and Princess Snake making a cameo would be nice.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:53 am

Kerunou wrote:I'd like for Pikkon to get some sort of mention/appearance. I'll put my vote down for him. If I had to choose from strictly GT I'm not sure who I'd pick, honestly.
Tough to pick something out from such a terrible series eh?
Z-Fighters fan.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:11 am

Black Hawk wrote:I think it'd be funny if a character suggests a higher form above Super Saiyajin Blue, one with the ferocity of an Ōzaru, and Gokū imagines Super Saiyajin 4, then comically waves it off with a "Nah."
Actually, design-wise, SSJ 4 is much better transformation than the whole SSJG/SSB (rehashing+recoloring of base & SSJ forms) or even the normal Super Saiyans.

Kerunou

Post by Kerunou » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:00 pm

TheZFighter wrote:
Kerunou wrote:I'd like for Pikkon to get some sort of mention/appearance. I'll put my vote down for him. If I had to choose from strictly GT I'm not sure who I'd pick, honestly.
Tough to pick something out from such a terrible series eh?
Well, I actually liked GT for what it was. I think it yielded some really positive things and some very...lackluster things as well. That being said, I just can't really see any of the characters fitting in with Super. It's a bit of a different ball game.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Tarble definitely. It would be cool to see Vegeta's family interact with him.

But what I really want to see is Monaka transform into Ozzoto and then digivolve into Broli.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:49 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:Tarble definitely. It would be cool to see Vegeta's family interact with him.

But what I really want to see is Monaka transform into Ozzoto and then digivolve into Broli.
Yes it is a shame Tarble appeared and vanished. It would be great to see him involved in some way.
Z-Fighters fan.