The (New) Fighters of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: The (New) Fighters of the Universe Survival Arc Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm most interested in the other kaioshin, personally. They're some of the unseen characters we only heard about in passing in the previous arc; all characters that Gokû Black had killed in another timeline.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:19 pm

MagmonKai wrote:You don't think it's entirely possible that these characters don't represent their universe collectively. What I mean is just because they show on screen together doesn't mean they all belong to the same universe. Just like when that poster was released with that dwarf GoD of Universe 9 and the angel belonging to another. The very next scene shows mixed characters as well. I'm saying we can't judge this book by its cover. Nothing in those OP is 100% indicative of what's actually going to happen. I mean the first OP none of that actually happened in the show.
I think some fans are over thinking this. ;p

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Universes are big places and none of the other god could be so lazy as to pick all their whole team from one planet.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 am

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Does anyone knowledgeable about Japanese know if Cabba's statement about Planet Sadla's king necessarily means he's male? If not, I'm guessing she's the queen.
He's referenced as both king & a male, with the appropriate pronouns, in Dragon Ball Super Episode 037.

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:10 am

I'm sure these have been posted on this board already but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Sorry if it's a repost.

From the Apr 2017 VJump
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Any idea what they say? Besides the Gohan pic that is.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Power Metal wrote:I'm sure these have been posted on this board already but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Sorry if it's a repost.

From the Apr 2017 VJump
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Any idea what they say? Besides the Gohan pic that is.
Well the part about the three new characters only really say Mysterious Characters and New rivals. These three might play a fairly big role in the saga.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Grey alien bro skipped leg day

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Still not a fan of the design of the bulky alien. I rarely complain or get disappointed to character designs in Super, but I honestly expected a more unique design to supposedly one, if not the strongest fighter in the entire universe. When you compare him to Goku’s last opponents in the previous tournaments, he really pales in comparison (just design of course).

I also don’t like Gohan’s new design that much, his hairstyle doesn’t go well with his outfit (or maybe I just got used to him having a bang), and Yamamuro’s design for him kind of looks similar to GT mustache-less Vegeta. I think the hairstyle looks very good with the green tracksuit, but not with turtle hermit gi, in my opinion.

Female Broli, though, is magnificent, especially her base design. She looks way better in that image than the one shown in the opening, which is pretty much just Broli with boobs. I guess the latter is her LSS form, while the former is her regular Super Saiyan form. I’m most interested on what the LSS can bring on the table in Super, world-building wise.