The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Predictions And Results Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Prediction And Results Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:54 pm

It's going to be boil down to Goku and/or Vegeta, with Gohan showing off how impressive another universe is as he loses in his second or third fight, Piccolo losing in his second or first battle, some bullshit will happen again with Majin Boo where he won't fight, 17 being the dark horse and performing the best winning a streak of matches before going down in a great match, 18 will lose valiantly in her first match and Krillin and Roshi are gonna job hard first time round.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's going to be boil down to Goku and/or Vegeta, with Gohan showing off how impressive another universe is as he loses in his second or third fight, Piccolo losing in his second or first battle, some bullshit will happen again with Majin Boo where he won't fight, 17 being the dark horse and performing the best winning a streak of matches before going down in a great match, 18 will lose valiantly in her first match and Krillin and Roshi are gonna job hard first time round.
You do not know the format so how can you say that. I still think that a loss does not mean you exit the tournament immediately but only when your team meets the losing requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a points or lives based system along with each fighter only being able to fight so many battles until a certain point in the tournament.

Some thing like this has to happen as 120 does not go down to 2 to make a final and people from the same universe will end up fighting each other which is pointless as they are trying to save their universe and not for their own personal glory.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:24 pm

Piccolo will get a rematch against Frost, somehow.

Hit is going to be obliterated by someone.

Vegeta will defeat the Beerus look-alike in Hooded-Guy's team.

Krillin, 18 and 17 are going to form a team and are probably going to have the best showing outside of Goku and Vegeta.

Boo is going to win at least one fight.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Draconic wrote:Piccolo will get a rematch against Frost, somehow.

Hit is going to be obliterated by someone.

Vegeta will defeat the Beerus look-alike in Hooded-Guy's team.

Krillin, 18 and 17 are going to form a team and are probably going to have the best showing outside of Goku and Vegeta.

Boo is going to win at least one fight.
Piccolo must face this newly trained Frost. It will also be a good measure of how strong Piccolo is.

I say Hit will get beat by someone who we would not expect to beat him.

We need to know more about the cat as anyone could be a good match to face the cat.

If 17, 18 and krillin form a team then there has to be other teams that also do well from Universe 7.

Everyone from Universe 7 will probably win a match and probably more.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:It's going to be boil down to Goku and/or Vegeta, with Gohan showing off how impressive another universe is as he loses in his second or third fight, Piccolo losing in his second or first battle, some bullshit will happen again with Majin Boo where he won't fight, 17 being the dark horse and performing the best winning a streak of matches before going down in a great match, 18 will lose valiantly in her first match and Krillin and Roshi are gonna job hard first time round.
You do not know the format so how can you say that. I still think that a loss does not mean you exit the tournament immediately but only when your team meets the losing requirements. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a points or lives based system along with each fighter only being able to fight so many battles until a certain point in the tournament.

Some thing like this has to happen as 120 does not go down to 2 to make a final and people from the same universe will end up fighting each other which is pointless as they are trying to save their universe and not for their own personal glory.
I'm just speaking in respective terms of within Team Universe 7.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:09 pm

Beyond wrote:I think everyone will do something in this arc. Piccolo will definitely do better than a lot of people expectations. As bad as Piccolo gets it he is definitely in better position than in u6. He isn't the weakest person here.
Gohan will probably get several trainers. I don't think he will job very much anyway. Hoping for a Goku tag match.
17 will do well, but I don't he does better than Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan. I'm hoping he gets some interactions with Krillin, his sis, and Piccolo(they could be rivals kinda). I think he has far surpassed his sister.
18 will also surpass people exceptions. I think she get at least one revenge match for krillin.
I hope 17 becomes piccolo's rival from now on.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:13 pm

kinisking wrote:
Beyond wrote:I think everyone will do something in this arc. Piccolo will definitely do better than a lot of people expectations. As bad as Piccolo gets it he is definitely in better position than in u6. He isn't the weakest person here.
Gohan will probably get several trainers. I don't think he will job very much anyway. Hoping for a Goku tag match.
17 will do well, but I don't he does better than Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan. I'm hoping he gets some interactions with Krillin, his sis, and Piccolo(they could be rivals kinda). I think he has far surpassed his sister.
18 will also surpass people exceptions. I think she get at least one revenge match for krillin.
Definitely needs to happen along with them being in a tag team for a match in the tournament.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:43 pm

kinisking wrote:
I'd love this quite a bit. Outside of him interacting with 18, Kuririn, and Goku, Piccolo is another one I really want 17 to interact with.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:52 pm

Replace Krillin with Tien and I agree.
Krillin had more exposure in the trailers so I expect him to win one or two matches.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:55 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Definitely needs to happen along with them being in a tag team for a match in the tournament.
Yeah, he's in need of a rival to push him forward tbh. I wish everyone paired up with others.
Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan and Kyabe
Piccolo and 17
Tien and Krillin
Goten and Trunks.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:00 pm

This is only based on the last part of the opening and nothing else, but I think Goku will end up finding a way to keep up with the stronger opponents using what seems to be his base form.

Hit will, of course, job super hard

Master roshi gains a win in a way that doesn't revolve around his pervert running joke.

The tournament will not lead to something bigger, like a god rebellion.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:33 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
Krillin had more exposure in the trailers so I expect him to win one or two matches.
I compltely forgot about Tien.

I think he'll win one match before being outmatched in his second.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:58 pm

kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
kinisking wrote: I hope 17 becomes piccolo's rival from now on.
Yeah, he's in need of a rival to push him forward tbh. I wish everyone paired up with others.
Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan and Kyabe
Piccolo and 17
Tien and Krillin
Goten and Trunks.
Is Vegeta really pushing Goku forward though? I thought it was Hit, this new guy, and of course Beerus?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:06 pm

The_Destroyer wrote:
All them trailers were from the opening so we did not have much more exposure cor Krillin. Don't put to much into the opening especially as about 25% was Goku vs that guy in black and red. Also expect all of team Universe 7 to win a match.
Boo Machine wrote:This is only based on the last part of the opening and nothing else, but I think Goku will end up finding a way to keep up with the stronger opponents using what seems to be his base form.

Master roshi gains a win in a way that doesn't revolve around his pervert running joke.

If Hit loses I thi k it will be to someone in Universe 7 to show how strong they have got.

Roshi is going to use them big muscles very well.
TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan and Kyabe
Piccolo and 17
Tien and Krillin
Goten and Trunks.
Is Vegeta really pushing Goku forward though? I thought it was Hit, this new guy, and of course Beerus?
The Goku and Vegeta rivalry is definitely getting more one-sided as Dragon Ball Super goes on.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:09 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan and Kyabe
Piccolo and 17
Tien and Krillin
Goten and Trunks.
If they train together, then of course. Although Goku pushes Vegeta forward more than the opposite .

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 pm

Fembroly is not from U6
Mostly active on discord.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
The_Destroyer wrote:
All them trailers were from the opening so we did not have much more exposure cor Krillin. Don't put to much into the opening especially as about 25% was Goku vs that guy in black and red. Also expect all of team Universe 7 to win a match.
Boo Machine wrote:This is only based on the last part of the opening and nothing else, but I think Goku will end up finding a way to keep up with the stronger opponents using what seems to be his base form.

If Hit loses I thi k it will be to someone in Universe 7 to show how strong they have got.

Roshi is going to use them big muscles very well.
TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote: Yeah, he's in need of a rival to push him forward tbh. I wish everyone paired up with others.
Goku and Vegeta.
Gohan and Kyabe
Piccolo and 17
Tien and Krillin
Goten and Trunks.
The Goku and Vegeta rivalry is definitely getting more one-sided as Dragon Ball Super goes on.
Cause I mean, Goku respects Vegeta, but he never really seemed to care much about him as one after Namek. From that point onward, it seemed like he was just tolerating Vegeta. Now in Super, it's seems this is more the case. Vegeta pointed out how he enjoyed fighting Hit more than the idea of fighting him. The thing is, wouldn't that be true since Goku went out of his way to get Hit to fight him, but if he truly desired to fight Vegeta, couldn't he just ask him to fight?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Are you guys kidding ? Their rivalry is stronger than ever. Think about it, in the cell saga how much attention did Goku give Vegeta ? Even in the Boo saga he seemed like a hindrance to Goku until he became his second best option because Gohan got absorbed. In EOZ he didn't give a shit either. Then there's Super where they train together. Never done before. He even was looking for Vegeta to train with him this episode.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:30 pm

kinisking wrote:Are you guys kidding ? Their rivalry is stronger than ever. Think about it, in the cell saga how much attention did Goku give Vegeta ? Even in the Boo saga he seemed like a hindrance to Goku until he became his second best option because Gohan got absorbed. In EOZ he didn't give a shit either. Then there's Super where they train together. Never done before. He even was looking for Vegeta to train with him this episode.
It's not like it's anything new. Goku stopped caring about all of his previous rivals eventually. He was looking to train with Vegeta this episode, but he was also looking to train with Kuririn first, but we know Kuririn ain't a rival to him anymore. I don't know, Goku clearly had opportunities to really fight Vegeta if he had any interest. Training together doesn't really prove they're stronger as rivals imo. At the same time, I might be wrong and misjudging it, but if they are still rivals, it isn't really portrayed well imo. As iconic as this "rivalry" is, it's pretty poorly written.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:Are you guys kidding ? Their rivalry is stronger than ever. Think about it, in the cell saga how much attention did Goku give Vegeta ? Even in the Boo saga he seemed like a hindrance to Goku until he became his second best option because Gohan got absorbed. In EOZ he didn't give a shit either. Then there's Super where they train together. Never done before. He even was looking for Vegeta to train with him this episode.
It's not like it's anything new. Goku stopped caring about all of his previous rivals eventually. He was looking to train with Vegeta this episode, but he was also looking to train with Kuririn first, but we know Kuririn ain't a rival to him anymore. I don't know, Goku clearly had opportunities to really fight Vegeta if he had any interest. Training together doesn't really prove they're stronger as rivals imo. At the same time, I might be wrong and misjudging it, but if they are still rivals, it isn't really portrayed well imo. As iconic as this "rivalry" is, it's pretty poorly written.
Let's get this out the way. Goku has never truly considered Vegeta his rival. However, their relationship is stronger than ever in Super. Its well written for what it is though: a one sided rivalry.