The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Predictions And Results Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Predictions And Results Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:20 am

This thread should be used for predictions for upcoming fights in the tournament.

Basil (Universe 9) vs Buu (Universe 7) = Buu Win
Lavenda (Universe 9) vs Gohan (Universe 7) =
Goku (Universe 7) vs Bergamo (Universe 9) =
Vegeta (Universe 7) vs Pink Woman =
Goku (Universe 7) vs Guy wearing Black and Red =

The opening post will be updated with real names and what universes they are from along with results, in order. It will also say when each Universe is knocked out.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Re: The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Prediction And Results Thread

Post by emperior » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:27 am

Great idea, I love predictions threads!
I will start off by predicting U7 will lose the warm-up match against U9.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:25 am

I will predict that none of the universe is not going to be destroyed in this arc
Mostly active on discord.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:28 am

Universe 7 will win against universe 9 and universe 9 will be destroyed (i kinda wonder how will Goku react after seeing this)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am

I predict that after the tournament is over, the Z fighters will search for Zalama to restore the destroyed universes since some of the Super DBs are destroyed.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:38 am

emperior wrote:Great idea, I love predictions threads!
I second this!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:46 am

Whatever universe the Red and Black clothed team is, they're in the finals with Universe 7. Universe 6 will be in the semi finals, facing off and losing against U7 or Red Black Universe.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:00 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Whatever universe the Red and Black clothed team is, they're in the finals with Universe 7. Universe 6 will be in the semi finals, facing off and losing against U7 or Red Black Universe.
Seems like a fairly likely prediction. I do want to see U6's fights and see them get far.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:07 pm

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
I second this!
I think Zeno will stop the fight before their can be a winner but Goku and Gohan will be losing really bad with the other fighter probably doing ok.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:08 pm

My prediction is that Boo and Piccolo will lose their first matches. This is due to the fact that they were the only characters without a scene dedicated to them in the OP, have a small spot in the eyecatch and are at the far end in the Tournament of Power poster.

#17, by contrast, will play a big role, because why else would he be brought in and be featured so prominently in the poster and OP?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
I second this!
I think Zeno will stop the fight before their can be a winner but Goku and Gohan will be losing really bad with the other fighter probably doing ok.
Completely fine with gohan jobbing real good here, infact have him get destroyed..

That would make it certain goku trains him and he is a beast in the real thing
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
I second this!
Damn, that sounds pretty good but I don't know if Zeno would care :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Doctor. wrote: #17, by contrast, will play a big role, because why else would he be brought in and be featured so prominently in the poster and OP?
To build false hype? I hope you're right, but still, wouldn't surprise me if he jobs.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:12 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Doctor. wrote: #17, by contrast, will play a big role, because why else would he be brought in and be featured so prominently in the poster and OP?
To build false hype? I hope you're right, but still, wouldn't surprise me if he jobs.
Nah, 17 is gonna be the Trunks of this arc. Watch him get nonsensical power-ups to stay relevant.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Nah, 17 is gonna be the Trunks of this arc. Watch him get nonsensical power-ups to stay relevant.
He becomes Super 17 out of nowhere :lol:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:32 pm

Doctor. wrote:My prediction is that Boo and Piccolo will lose their first matches. This is due to the fact that they were the only characters without a scene dedicated to them in the OP, have a small spot in the eyecatch and are at the far end in the Tournament of Power poster.

#17, by contrast, will play a big role, because why else would he be brought in and be featured so prominently in the poster and OP?
Piccolo and Buu are at the end of groups shots becuase of their size. Look at previous group shots and you will see that Piccolo is always at the end. Future Trunks was on the end on the right in the same position as Piccolo during the end of the opening for the Black arc.

They are all basically in a line in the poster anyway.

If Buu and Piccolo lose their first match it does not mean they are out as whe do not though the format.

I predict that Buu and Piccolo will win their first matches quicker than anyone on team Universe 7.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:My prediction is that Boo and Piccolo will lose their first matches. This is due to the fact that they were the only characters without a scene dedicated to them in the OP, have a small spot in the eyecatch and are at the far end in the Tournament of Power poster.

To be honest, people remember Piccolo/Buu because they've been present in the franchise and Super continuously. 17 is like 20+ years ago old news, he kinds of need a reintroduction in marketing.

I predict Buu to win at least 1 match. He was already used as a joke in U6 tournament and yet they keep alluding too Uub. It would be fitting to remind everyone again that Buu (thus Uub soon) is actually very strong, even if dumb as a rock.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:56 pm

Basaku wrote:

To be honest, people remember Piccolo/Buu because they've been present in the franchise and Super continuously. 17 is like 20+ years ago old news, he kinds of need a reintroduction in marketing.

I predict Buu to win at least 1 match. He was already used as a joke in U6 tournament and yet they keep alluding too Uub. It would be fitting to remind everyone again that Buu (thus Uub soon) is actually very strong, even if dumb as a rock.
Piccolo and Buu should have great moments due to the last tournament.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 pm

I definitely agree with 17 being more important this saga than some of the others.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:41 pm

I think everyone will do something in this arc. Piccolo will definitely do better than a lot of people expectations. As bad as Piccolo gets it he is definitely in better position than in u6. He isn't the weakest person here.
Gohan will probably get several trainers. I don't think he will job very much anyway. Hoping for a Goku tag match.
17 will do well, but I don't he does better than Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan. I'm hoping he gets some interactions with Krillin, his sis, and Piccolo(they could be rivals kinda). I think he has far surpassed his sister.
18 will also surpass people exceptions. I think she get at least one revenge match for krillin.