The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Predictions And Results Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The Universal Survival Arc Tournament Prediction And Results Thread

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:24 pm

kinisking wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
kinisking wrote:Are you guys kidding ? Their rivalry is stronger than ever. Think about it, in the cell saga how much attention did Goku give Vegeta ? Even in the Boo saga he seemed like a hindrance to Goku until he became his second best option because Gohan got absorbed. In EOZ he didn't give a shit either. Then there's Super where they train together. Never done before. He even was looking for Vegeta to train with him this episode.
It's not like it's anything new. Goku stopped caring about all of his previous rivals eventually. He was looking to train with Vegeta this episode, but he was also looking to train with Kuririn first, but we know Kuririn ain't a rival to him anymore. I don't know, Goku clearly had opportunities to really fight Vegeta if he had any interest. Training together doesn't really prove they're stronger as rivals imo. At the same time, I might be wrong and misjudging it, but if they are still rivals, it isn't really portrayed well imo. As iconic as this "rivalry" is, it's pretty poorly written.
Let's get this out the way. Goku has never truly considered Vegeta his rival. However, their relationship is stronger than ever in Super. Its well written for what it is though: a one sided rivalry.
Wouldn't it not really be a rivalry then since a rivalry is mutual? Regardless, I'm not disputing with you that Goku and Vegeta's friendship and respect have deepened throughout Super. Yeah Vegeta's desire to surpass Goku has really helped with his character quite a bit. His speech in the Boo Saga was one of my favorite moments of his. I have no problem with him trying to surpass Goku in Super, but it irks me that he still gets jealous of him.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:09 am

Plenty of people here are using the word "job" in a way that is really confusing to me. :eh:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:10 am

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Plenty of people here are using the word "job" in a way that is really confusing to me. :eh:
They mean that a character will lose very easily. Which I doubt is going to happen in this tournament all 10 are going to do good for universe 7.

Animelover5487
Beyond Newbie

Post by Animelover5487 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 am

The gr wrote:I will predict that none of the universe is not going to be destroyed in this arc
There is definitely going to be some destroyed universes. Now whether or not those universes will stay destroyed is the question.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:51 am

I predict Hit will get destroyed in his first match with the bald dude

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:04 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote:Plenty of people here are using the word "job" in a way that is really confusing to me. :eh:
That might have something to do with your username :wink:
Job here means they will lose really fast and mostly in a bad way..
See piccolo vs frost manga version for an example
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
How can losing by cheating be considered jobbing. Hit vs Vegeta is the best example.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
How can losing by cheating be considered jobbing. Hit vs Vegeta is the best example.
When that fight happened inuniverse nobody knew frost cheated, that seemed like piccolo jobbed without putting up any fight at all..
That's all what was to be taken from the example..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Deadshot Guy beats Hit like he is nothing . Goku gets hyped and possibly even scared a bit

Vegeta [pains me to say this as a Vegeta fan] , will lose early

It will come down to Gohan and Goku

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:23 pm

DSB wrote: Goku gets hyped and possibly even scared a bit
Ready to bet against the scared part, all super goku can do is say "I am getting excited" and "I don't understand what you guys are saying"

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:00 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DSB wrote: Goku gets hyped and possibly even scared a bit
Ready to bet against the scared part, all super goku can do is say "I am getting excited" and "I don't understand what you guys are saying"
True that :v

But seriously . Its High Time Goku gets Scared again . We didnt see it since like vs Freeza ???

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:02 pm

From Universe 7, Goku and Gohan will be the first to fight with Vegeta and Piccolo being the last to fight.

Roshi will beat Magetta as they both can't fly.

Piccolo will beat an improved Frost.

Vegeta will beat an improved Cabba.

Gohan will beat Female Broly.

Goku will lose to the guy he fights a lot in the opening with someone else from Universe 7 beating him.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:25 am

DSB wrote: But seriously . Its High Time Goku gets Scared again . We didnt see it since like vs Freeza ???
We saw him getting scared in #71. He was shaking and used the word fear.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:32 am

I think Goku, Hit and the bulky grey guy will be in the semifinals. I don't know which one could be the 4th. Perhaps the female Saiyan.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:59 am

Hugo Boss wrote:I think Goku, Hit and the bulky grey guy will be in the semifinals. I don't know which one could be the 4th. Perhaps the female Saiyan.
You think it is going to be a traditional tournament? Where it goes 64-32-16-8-4-2 even though we have 120. That would put people from the same universe against each other which makes no sense when they are looking to save their universes.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:19 am

If we go by whats shown in the OP
Boo and Piccolo jobs. Next is 18 and Tien, the one's that will get it good will be Krillin,Roshi,17 then Gohan,Vegeta and their last man Goku (its weird how they made Roshi look badass in the OP, guess we'll see if there was a meaning to that or not)
I could be wrong about 17 and he may turn out to be one of the last together with Goku, the guy got hyped, then again there was U6 where they hyped Boo as well only to have him irrelevant throughout the arc.
Anyways what I'm only sure of is Goku reaching the finals, the OP hyped him way too much and with that last bit of him foreshadows a new form or something.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:34 am

SansrivaaL wrote:If we go by whats shown in the OP
Boo and Piccolo jobs. Next is 18 and Tien, the one's that will get it good will be Krillin,Roshi,17 then Gohan,Vegeta and their last man Goku (its weird how they made Roshi look badass in the OP, guess we'll see if there was a meaning to that or not)
I could be wrong about 17 and he may turn out to be one of the last together with Goku, the guy got hyped, then again there was U6 where they hyped Boo as well only to have him irrelevant throughout the arc.
Anyways what I'm only sure of is Goku reaching the finals, the OP hyped him way too much and with that last bit of him foreshadows a new form or something.
Man, I hope you're wrong about Boo and Piccolo. But you could be right. If it does happen, it will be the nail in the coffin for me.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 am

omaro34 wrote:
Man, I hope you're wrong about Boo and Piccolo. But you could be right. If it does happen, it will be the nail in the coffin for me.
As long as Gohan roshi and tien get some badass fights I won't quit super but buu and piccolo jobbing outright will be disappointing

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:43 am

omaro34 wrote:
I hope I'm wrong as well, I dont want any of em jobbing, but with how the OP couldnt give 2 fcks about giving Piccolo and Boo a solo shot got me really worried for their roles. I dont want another Boo getting shafted and Piccolo getting bullied by Vegeta, hopefully all of em gets a good fight and some wins before going down.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:44 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
omaro34 wrote:
As long as Gohan roshi and tien get some badass fights I won't quit super but buu and piccolo jobbing outright will be disappointing
Especially considering Buu didn't even get to fight in the U6 arc, and Piccolo got outrighted cheated against Frost.

I would like to see a rematch between Piccolo and Frost, and I want Piccolo to beat him this time, though i doubt it will happen.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl