(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by precita » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:11 pm

While the new form itself looks good, I'm just disappointed we have yet another Saiyan transformation in such a short time. Super's only been on for a little over 2 years and we have THREE new Saiyan transformations that didn't exist when DBZ ended. They're really going overboard. By this logic we'll have another 3 new Saiyan forms if Super goes on for another 5+ years or so.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:16 pm

precita wrote:While the new form itself looks good, I'm just disappointed we have yet another Saiyan transformation in such a short time. Super's only been on for a little over 2 years and we have THREE new Saiyan transformations that didn't exist when DBZ ended. They're really going overboard. By this logic we'll have another 3 new Saiyan forms if Super goes on for another 5+ years or so.
3???

God and Blue are from the moves, Rose is unique to Black and is not a true saiyan form, Berserk is a reworking of an old form. So we have only had 1, Rage.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:28 pm

precita wrote:While the new form itself looks good, I'm just disappointed we have yet another Saiyan transformation in such a short time. Super's only been on for a little over 2 years and we have THREE new Saiyan transformations that didn't exist when DBZ ended. They're really going overboard. By this logic we'll have another 3 new Saiyan forms if Super goes on for another 5+ years or so.
It doesn't seem like a Ssj form though. I'd say it something close to Gohan's mystic form where Goku will have his full power released in his base form.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
3???

God and Blue are from the moves, Rose is unique to Black and is not a true saiyan form, Berserk is a reworking of an old form. So we have only had 1, Rage.
Yes, I'm still counting Super Saiyan God and Blue even if they're from the movies before Super. It's all part of the same era of "new" Dragonball.

Goku's gotten three new forms in just 2 years since the new material started. It's also starting to not make sense with the Saiyan lore established back in the original series, now all these other Saiyan forms exist beyond Super Saiyan?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:38 pm

sintzu wrote:This is easily the best design I've seen of Goku. I really hope this'll be his (and Vegeta's) default form in the future.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What I'm interested in is Gohan, if he's going to stick around are we going to see him with any of these new forms or will he develop his mystic form somehow to get as strong as those 2 ?

In terms of Vegetto, I'd assume he'd be able to use it even if Goku couldn't so one of the 2 part being able to use it pretty much confirms he'll be able to (assuming we see him again).
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:41 pm

precita wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
3???

Yes, I'm still counting Super Saiyan God and Blue even if they're from the movies before Super. It's all part of the same era of "new" Dragonball.

Goku's gotten three new forms in just 2 years since the new material started. It's also starting to not make sense with the Saiyan lore established back in the original series, now all these other Saiyan forms exist beyond Super Saiyan?
Do years matter? It should be mesured by arcs not years. Supers narative is being told at a much faster pace, even in manga form, then its old counterpart. It feels quicker but in terms of the narrative there is no change.

Really Blue is one of longest lasting forms in the series as its been Goku's most powerful form, even with KK added on, for three arcs strait. The only other form to get that far was SS4.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:44 pm

precita wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
3???

Battle of Gods came out in 2013. Resurrection 'F', 2015. Goku hasn't gotten a new form in over two years and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken isn't a form. It's a technique.

And it goes against nothing from Z.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:44 pm

It's been about 2 years since Goku's gotten a new form. SSJ1 -> SSJ2 > SSJ3 all had gaps of about 2 years, and each came in the very next arc.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm

HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
3???

Battle of Gods came out in 2013. Resurrection 'F', 2015. Goku hasn't gotten a new form in over two years and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan/Kaioken isn't a form. It's a technique.

Rage is only anime canon, it is not in the Manga. Also we have no idea still how it is achieved or if its something specific to Trunks only.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:51 pm

By the way, precita, remember when you said this?
precita wrote:LOL @ all this speculation of Goku having a new form that went on for months when all it was, was just a shield barrier to protect from poison. :lol:

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:52 pm

This form definitely looks better than the "spiky SSG" idea people had. I still love Super Saiyan God but that would have been terribly underwhelming.

I like it quite a bit.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:
What I'm interested in is Gohan, if he's going to stick around are we going to see him with any of these new forms or will he develop his mystic form somehow to get as strong as those 2 ?

In terms of Vegetto, I'd assume he'd be able to use it even if Goku couldn't so one of the 2 part being able to use it pretty much confirms he'll be able to (assuming we see him again).
Again, I'd also like to see Vegeta in this too. Assuming there is an arc after this Tournament of Power. And there are still 4 other universes that are "stronger" too.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Those slitted puples make him look scarier then Black :wtf: .
They're not slitted, a shine is covering half the pupils

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 pm

gofishus wrote:
HeroR wrote:
precita wrote:

Rage is only anime canon, it is not in the Manga. Also we have no idea still how it is achieved or if its something specific to Trunks only.
There are three cannons running now.

The Original Movie Cannon, The Seires and the Manga. So Rage is legitimate in its own way.

To go back to something else....why doe some hold SS as so sacred and get a bit miffed when more forms surpasses it. It's been to look weak in the very next arc and surpeassed in that arc to. Then in the next arc, in the movies, Gt and now Super. I get it SS is special. it was the first and had the most build up but its pushed down in relvence for YEARS. There were 10 saiyan forms more powerful then the orginal befor this one, so its a bit late in the game to take issue with it know. Espically with red monkeys and blue hair dye in the mix.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Ssj
Assj
Ussj
Ssj2
Ssj3
Ssj4
SsjG
SsjB
SsjR

If this is a new Ssj form then it'll be the 10th one. this is what Ssj10 looked like back in the AF days.

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I'd also like to see Vegeta in this too. Assuming there is an arc after this Tournament of Power. And there are still 4 other universes that are "stronger" too.
He'll most likely get it in the next arc like how he just got the mastered SsjB. Those 4 universes are probably being saved for one last tournament to end Super on.
Last edited by sintzu on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:01 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Those slitted puples make him look scarier then Black :wtf: .
They're not slitted, a shine is covering half the pupils
I've looked and looked , I cannot say for shore. I've zoomed in as close as I can and its still hard to tell one way or another.

I never recall a shine obsuring a puple to this level befor and the right eye looks more like a slit when zoomed in. So until we get another shot I file the puple shape under "ambiguous".
sintzu wrote:Ssj
Assj
Ussj
Ssj2
Ssj3
Ssj4
SsjG
SsjB
SsjR

If this is a new Ssj form then it'll be the 10th one. this is what Ssj10 looked like back in the AF days.

I counted Berserk/Legendery but if you go by froms any saiyan can get your right.

Kami that form looks terrible. I'll take "Limit Breaker" over 10 anyday.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:13 pm

I also wonder what this transformation will be named... any guesses? :lol:

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:16 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I also wonder what this transformation will be named... any guesses? :lol:
Saiyan Beyond God, just my guess. 8)

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
sintzu wrote:This is easily the best design I've seen of Goku. I really hope this'll be his (and Vegeta's) default form in the future.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I disagree. I hope Vegeta never gets this form and instead does what he always has, works 3x as hard to increase his strength and catches up using just Super Saiyan Blue. I hate the idea of Vegeta just following the ground Goku has already trodden. The only time he has ever done that, just followed the transformation Goku has already achieved, was with the original Super Saiyan, which he had no choice in the matter. You didn't see Vegeta doing Goku's full power Super Saiyan strategy in the Cell Games. Why? Because Vegeta isn't a character that just copies Goku.