(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Draconic » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 pm

No one but Goku should get this form. It would look like shit on Vegeta or Gohan. Their hairstyles just don't allow for anything to be done with them. Even in Blue, the ultimate recolor, Goku had the subtle extra bang. Vegeta looks the same in every form.

Unless this is not the final look, but just some tease, they have to redesign the other Saiyans, which might work for Gohan, who had a bunch of hairstyles, but Vegeta is much more iconic to just change this late in the game. Especially with how reluctant they are to change even their damn clothes.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 pm

TBMx wrote:I don't really care what form overpowered, overexposed and overlame Goku gets to be honest. But

Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue with this theme playing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0uMjkSJBrc

No form beats that combination for epicness. New or old. Let Vegeta stay there and have Goku show off his new silver shitty kitty eyes for merch or whatever.
Damn, that theme is so fucking epic! It gives me chills, and also always makes me remember of the most badass moment in Super when Vegeta tells Black he miscalculated. Awesome. But I disagree with you, Vegeta must achieve Goku's new form too if he wants to stay competitive. Maybe they could give Vegeta different eyes to differentiate the forms a little, like they did with SSJ4 which was a little different for Vegeta (he had darker fur and green eyes).

I just hope one time it will be Vegeta to discover/unlock a new form first. Though that's basically impossible at this point, and this arc Vegeta doesn't seem to be all that important. But I hope that he has some new tricks up his sleeves.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:52 pm

At the very least, if Vegeta doesn't get some kind of power-up to compete with Goku's new form, by the time End of Z hits, his line of him vowing to surpass Goku will still be intact :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:20 pm

emperior wrote:
TBMx wrote:I don't really care what form overpowered, overexposed and overlame Goku gets to be honest. But

Vegeta Super Saiyan Blue with this theme playing : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0uMjkSJBrc

No form beats that combination for epicness. New or old. Let Vegeta stay there and have Goku show off his new silver shitty kitty eyes for merch or whatever.
Damn, that theme is so fucking epic! It gives me chills, and also always makes me remember of the most badass moment in Super when Vegeta tells Black he miscalculated. Awesome. But I disagree with you, Vegeta must achieve Goku's new form too if he wants to stay competitive. Maybe they could give Vegeta different eyes to differentiate the forms a little, like they did with SSJ4 which was a little different for Vegeta (he had darker fur and green eyes).

I just hope one time it will be Vegeta to discover/unlock a new form first. Though that's basically impossible at this point, and this arc Vegeta doesn't seem to be all that important. But I hope that he has some new tricks up his sleeves.
Who says he has to stay competitive? He can join Krillin, Tien, and Piccolo in the former rival bench.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:36 pm

HeroR wrote: Who says he has to stay competitive? He can join Krillin, Tien, and Piccolo in the former rival bench.
This. I'm past caring at this point for Vegeta to stay competitive. He never has in the past, so there's no tension there anyway, you know Goku will always surpass him again in a major way, so why bother going through the same routine. All Vegeta was, was a character made to have Goku look better in comparison, so fine, Goku is better. Let's accept it and move on. Just give Vegeta an epic moment on rare occasion (when it's rare its more special). That said, forms don't really matter in Super. Soon this new form, if the show continues, will be devalued and Toei will show it off all the time to sell toys, and other characters in lower forms will be able to fight it, and Goku will get a new form and the cycle continues. I say have Vegeta just increase his strength through Blue without a hard limit (with his epic theme), and leave the new form rabbit hole to the Goku mascot.

I've long suspected that Goku is just massive in Japan, more so than any other character on the show by far, whereas in the west, with our love for dark avenging heroes like The Batman, who is liked more between Goku and Vegeta is far more close. Vegeta might actually win him, as the demographics for anime in the west is older, so Vegeta's complexity and development is appreciated more. But the culture difference means that Japan's likes is what's going to be catered to. And their target audience is kids, hence Goku everywhere, everytime.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:45 pm

*Saiyan Beyond God
*Ultimate Goku
*GoD Goku
*Super Goku
*Super God Goku
*Limit Break Goku
*God Goku

Any other names you got for this new form?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 pm

TBMx wrote:
HeroR wrote: Who says he has to stay competitive? He can join Krillin, Tien, and Piccolo in the former rival bench.
This. I'm past caring at this point for Vegeta to stay competitive. He never has in the past, so there's no tension there anyway, you know Goku will always surpass him again in a major way, so why bother going through the same routine. All Vegeta was, was a character made to have Goku look better in comparison, so fine, Goku is better. Let's accept it and move on. Just give Vegeta an epic moment on rare occasion (when it's rare its more special). That said, forms don't really matter in Super. Soon this new form, if the show continues, will be devalued and Toei will show it off all the time to sell toys, and other characters in lower forms will be able to fight it, and Goku will get a new form and the cycle continues. I say have Vegeta just increase his strength through Blue without a hard limit (with his epic theme), and leave the new form rabbit hole to the Goku mascot.

I've long suspected that Goku is just massive in Japan, more so than any other character on the show by far, whereas in the west, with our love for dark avenging heroes like The Batman, who is liked more between Goku and Vegeta is far more close. Vegeta might actually win him, as the demographics for anime in the west is older, so Vegeta's complexity and development is appreciated more. But the culture difference means that Japan's likes is what's going to be catered to. And their target audience is kids, hence Goku everywhere, everytime.
That theme is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan's theme in general. It doesn't just belong to Vegeta.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:*Saiyan Beyond God
*Ultimate Goku
*GoD Goku
*Super Goku
*Super God Goku
*Limit Break Goku
*God Goku

Silver-Eyes Blue Goku (SEBG)

(I'm joking btw, I hope that's not the name lol)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:47 pm

HeroR wrote:
TBMx wrote:

That theme is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan's theme in general. It doesn't just belong to Vegeta.
It's called Blue Super Saiyan, but I don't recall Goku ever using it. Goku has this theme he uses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlnateyUIU

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 pm

TBMx wrote:
HeroR wrote: That theme is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan's theme in general. It doesn't just belong to Vegeta.
It's called Blue Super Saiyan, but I don't recall Goku ever using it.
It played when Goku debuted SSB.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 pm

TBMx wrote:
It's called Blue Super Saiyan, but I don't recall Goku ever using it. Goku has this theme he uses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQlnateyUIU
That isn't Goku's theme, that's Birth of a God. It was used when Black became a Super Saiyan Rose and when Trunks created the Spirit Sword. It was also used when Super Shenron was summoned for the first time.
Kanassa wrote:

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:59 am

So new form highly depends on the music behind it?
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:31 am

HeroR wrote:
TBMx wrote:
That isn't Goku's theme, that's Birth of a God. It was used when Black became a Super Saiyan Rose and when Trunks created the Spirit Sword. It was also used when Super Shenron was summoned for the first time.
I don't care what it's called, I care about what theme each character actually uses in the show. Vegeta used the Blue Super Sayan theme against Goku Black, when transforming for Trunks, against Cabba. Goku used it once despite having far more screentime, so I'm calling it Vegeta's. Goku will hopefully abandon Blue anyway after attaining new forms. It's one thing for Goku to get new forms and not Vegeta, that I am fine with, it's another for him to ruin Blue for other characters.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:08 am

TBMx wrote: I don't care what it's called, I care about what theme each character actually uses in the show. Vegeta used the Blue Super Sayan theme against Goku Black, when transforming for Trunks, against Cabba. Goku used it once despite having far more screentime, so I'm calling it Vegeta's. Goku will hopefully abandon Blue anyway after attaining new forms. It's one thing for Goku to get new forms and not Vegeta, that I am fine with, it's another for him to ruin Blue for other characters.
But the theme isn't Goku's since it has been used for other events and characters. And as been pointed to you, that Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan theme played with Goku first went into the form. It playing more for Vegeta really doesn't matter. And would Goku still having Blue ruins it?
Kanassa wrote:

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 pm

This form should ideally be related to the Kaioken, because if it isn't what's to say that down the line he won't combine this form with Kaioken and truly leave everyone in the dust.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:28 am

Krillin1994 wrote:This form should ideally be related to the Kaioken, because if it isn't what's to say that down the line he won't combine this form with Kaioken and truly leave everyone in the dust.
They should just state it is uncompatible with Kaioken.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:21 am

What if Goku's new form is Super Saiyan God combined with the Mystic form.

Which would be an upgrade from Super Saiyan Blue being Super Saiyan God combined with the Super Saiyan form. Might be why he still has a base form appearance.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am

*Ultimate Goku
*GoD Goku
*Super Goku
*Super God Goku
*Limit Break Goku
*God Goku

Super Blue
Super Neko Majin Saiyan
True Super Saiyan God
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 am

*Ultimate Goku
*GoD Goku
*Super Goku
*Super God Goku
*Limit Break Goku
*God Goku

*True Super Saiyan God
*God Perfected
*True Saiyan God
*Super Saiyan Complete

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:23 am

I like True Super Saiyan God.