(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 am

Draconic wrote:No one but Goku should get this form. It would look like shit on Vegeta or Gohan. Their hairstyles just don't allow for anything to be done with them. Even in Blue, the ultimate recolor, Goku had the subtle extra bang. Vegeta looks the same in every form.

Unless this is not the final look, but just some tease, they have to redesign the other Saiyans, which might work for Gohan, who had a bunch of hairstyles, but Vegeta is much more iconic to just change this late in the game. Especially with how reluctant they are to change even their damn clothes.
Right? Everything looks so ehh on Vegeta, even SS4 looked hella ugly on him. Even in SS2 Goku gets those subtle bangs on the side, Vegeta and adult Gohan look the same but with lightning sparks. Vegeta just doesn't lend himself to forms even if they are drastic like 3 or 4 they just don't suit him.

Side note: I really wanna see what EoZ Goten looks like with SS. (But given history it'll probably be his base hair yellow...)

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:58 am

Bullza wrote:What if Goku's new form is Super Saiyan God combined with the Mystic form.

Which would be an upgrade from Super Saiyan Blue being Super Saiyan God combined with the Super Saiyan form. Might be why he still has a base form appearance.
Ultimate isn't a form, it's just Gohan with all his inner power unleashed and pushed past its limits.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[
Right? Everything looks so ehh on Vegeta, even SS4 looked hella ugly on him. Even in SS2 Goku gets those subtle bangs on the side, Vegeta and adult Gohan look the same but with lightning sparks. Vegeta just doesn't lend himself to forms even if they are drastic like 3 or 4 they just don't suit him.

Side note: I really wanna see what EoZ Goten looks like with SS. (But given history it'll probably be his base hair yellow...)
I personally always thought Super Saiyan 4 looked better on Vegeta, although that is mostly because Vegeta's fur is actually red instead of the hot pink they gave Goku. But the worse form on Vegeta is by far is Super Saiyan God. You can tell that form was really made for Goku since I cringed every time I see Vegeta with it.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:22 pm

HeroR wrote: Ultimate isn't a form, it's just Gohan with all his inner power unleashed and pushed past its limits.

ultimate in Z wasn't a form, but in super it seems to be a form now as gohan has to transform into this form now for his power.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
HeroR wrote: Ultimate isn't a form, it's just Gohan with all his inner power unleashed and pushed past its limits.

ultimate in Z wasn't a form, but in super it seems to be a form now as gohan has to transform into this form now for his power.
It's a form, but it's not a transformation. There IS a difference, especially compared to contemporary SS transformations like SS or SSG. You don't "transform" into Ultimate from base form, just like how you don't "transform" into SSB from SS.

It's unclear though if Goku's new form will be considered a full transformation or not, since it's much less physically different from his normal state.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:

When Gohan went Ultimate against Goku in Episode 90, Goku asked why he wasn't a Super Saiyan. That question makes no sense if Ultimate was a form since Goku have seen Ultimate before.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
It's a form, but it's not a transformation. There IS a difference, especially compared to contemporary SS transformations like SS or SSG. You don't "transform" into Ultimate from base form, just like how you don't "transform" into SSB from SS.

It's unclear though if Goku's new form will be considered a full transformation or not, since it's much less physically different from his normal state.
You do transform to Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:42 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:

It IS considered a new "Transformation" per the V Jump leaks last week. Sure it may not look that much different from his regular base form. But still, when it comes to transformations, ANY difference in the persons appearance justifies it being called a transformation. Goku gained "Silver cat eyes" and his hair seems to be constantly a little bit up in the form, he has a different color and kind of aura, and seems more buff and muscular. That is all you need for something to be considered a transformation.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 pm

This is going to be Goku's 6th Form. Back in the old fan transformation days in the fandom this Form would have been called Super Saiyan 6 lol. I can't believe we're already that far in terms of the number of transformations for Goku in real canon. Just a couple of years back and SSJ3 was the highest official form Goku had (not counting GT). Now we have DOUBLE that number of Super Saiyan Transformations (if you don't count the grades forms between SSJ1 and 2).

In Super alone we've got SSJ God, SSJ Blue, and now Super exclusive: his new Limit Breaking Form. (Since the SSJ God and Blue forms were introduced in and appeared in movies before Super came even out) so this is the first new transformation that is Super exclusive so far. However if we ignore that, than Super has given us 3 Super Saiyan Transformations so far.
With SSJ God serving as SSJ4, and SSJ Blue serving as SSJ5 and this new form as SSJ6 xD

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:25 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:This is going to be Goku's 6th Form. Back in the old fan transformation days in the fandom this Form would have been called Super Saiyan 6 lol. I can't believe we're already that far in terms of the number of transformations for Goku in real canon. Just a couple of years back and SSJ3 was the highest official form Goku had (not counting GT). Now we have DOUBLE that number of Super Saiyan Transformations (if you don't count the grades forms between SSJ1 and 2).

In Super alone we've got SSJ God, SSJ Blue, and now Super exclusive: his new Limit Breaking Form. (Since the SSJ God and Blue forms were introduced in and appeared in movies before Super came even out) so this is the first new transformation that is Super exclusive so far. However if we ignore that, than Super has given us 3 Super Saiyan Transformations so far.
With SSJ God serving as SSJ4, and SSJ Blue serving as SSJ5 and this new form as SSJ6 xD
Super Saiyan Rose and Rage were also introduced in Super or are you just talking about Goku?

And technically, there has only been three forms of Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are just extensions of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is either an extention of Super Saiyan God or just Super Saiyan with God ki.

There are also all the grades before Super Saiyan 2 if you want to count each Super Saiyan extention as seperate forms.
Kanassa wrote:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:This is going to be Goku's 6th Form. Back in the old fan transformation days in the fandom this Form would have been called Super Saiyan 6 lol. I can't believe we're already that far in terms of the number of transformations for Goku in real canon. Just a couple of years back and SSJ3 was the highest official form Goku had (not counting GT). Now we have DOUBLE that number of Super Saiyan Transformations (if you don't count the grades forms between SSJ1 and 2).

Super Saiyan Rose and Rage were also introduced in Super or are you just talking about Goku?

And technically, there has only been three forms of Super Saiyan. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are just extensions of Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is either an extention of Super Saiyan God or just Super Saiyan with God ki.

There are also all the grades before Super Saiyan 2 if you want to count each Super Saiyan extention as seperate forms.
I am just talking about Goku ofcourse. Yes if you read correctly, i did mention the grade forms' existence, but i didn't include them since i felt only SSJ2 and 3 were regarded as actual transformations. (Even though ofcourse these forms exist and changes their appearance) but you get the point!

If we are, however, to count them, then this would be Goku's 8th super saiyan form!

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:14 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:

the semantics here are moot. The average DBZ fan could care less if its considered a form or transformation either way its something different. Frieza has 5 forms. Most people would say Frieza "transforms". heck its in the name of the word itself! trans"form" into another "form". I don't get the argument over semantics here. Gohan's Ultimate Form is a form. He transforms into it. Case closed.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:44 pm

I wonder if his new form will just be him merging Super Saiyan Blue and God into one, so he can get both speed and power together without a loss of stamina. Might be the only reason they brought God back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:47 pm

precita wrote:I wonder if his new form will just be him merging Super Saiyan Blue and God into one, so he can get both speed and power together without a loss of stamina. Might be the only reason they brought God back.
What? That is impossible, God is literally already combined with in SSGSS, you cannot combine it with itself again... SSGSSSSG.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Goku hasn't learnt anything new other than god ki, that dosen't look like kaioken..
SS exists because it's a biological powerup and SSB is godly ki usage with SS..
Every from up until now makes sense logically.
This new form Goku unlocks needs to be an extension of his god abilities only..
Considering that, this should be them fully absorbing god ki in their beings and turning into a proper deity not just use god ki as a strength source..
This might be the reason god base seems to have been reconnected, and why goku appears to have base features with hair standing up just a little..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:32 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku hasn't learnt anything new other than god ki, that dosen't look like kaioken..
Considering that, this should be them fully absorbing god ki in their beings and turning into a proper deity not just use god ki as a strength source..
This might be the reason god base seems to have been reconnected, and why goku appears to have base features with hair standing up just a little.

I like this idea, however wouldn't it make sense if Goku was a god ki user all the time. I wonder if he could transform himself that he's always powerful like beerus is? Or will he be a mortal that utilizes God ki in order to fight high powered opponents.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:43 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Goku hasn't learnt anything new other than god ki, that dosen't look like kaioken..
This might be the reason god base seems to have been reconnected, and why goku appears to have base features with hair standing up just a little.

I like this idea, however wouldn't it make sense if Goku was a god ki user all the time. I wonder if he could transform himself that he's always powerful like beerus is? Or will he be a mortal that utilizes God ki in order to fight high powered opponents.
Transformations are now an integral part of the series, him always being high powered in base sounds great but that wouldn't be possible without giving up transformations..
like berrus gets a purple aura covering him when he powers up, Goku's hair will stand up just a little form his base and eye will change colour when he has powdered up, a subtle change but enough to call it a transformation..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:28 am

This might be the reason god base seems to have been reconnected, and why goku appears to have base features with hair standing up just a little..
Kinda like my signature.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:48 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Transformations are now an integral part of the series, him always being high powered in base sounds great but that wouldn't be possible without giving up transformations..
like berrus gets a purple aura covering him when he powers up, Goku's hair will stand up just a little form his base and eye will change colour when he has powdered up, a subtle change but enough to call it a transformation..
I agree with you guys there, i would prefer it if they made this new Form Goku's permanent Base, and Ultimate State where he has all of his God ki merged into his entire being, his actual body (hence his Base Form). Where he's basically a fully fledged Deity 24/7 without the need to transform anymore. Basically like Beerus.
But ofcourse this is just wishful thinking since Toei would most likely not do that since it means giving up Dragon Ball's most precious trump card: Transformations.
But i think from an in-universe writing standpoint, making Goku a permanent all-time God is a much better move.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:06 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

I agree with you guys there, i would prefer it if they made this new Form Goku's permanent Base, and Ultimate State where he has all of his God ki merged into his entire being, his actual body (hence his Base Form). Where he's basically a fully fledged Deity 24/7 without the need to transform anymore. Basically like Beerus.
But ofcourse this is just wishful thinking since Toei would most likely not do that since it means giving up Dragon Ball's most precious trump card: Transformations.
But i think from an in-universe writing standpoint, making Goku a permanent all-time God is a much better move.
Again, if Toriyama decides old forms are gone then Toei must follow it. It might explain why they have decided to make Goku go SSJ/SSJ2 and Blue so much recently, as those forms might probably never appear again. At least I hope so, I've been praying for them to get rid of all these transformations for Goku and Vegeta, to make them always powerful in their base, like Beerus, Whis, Toppo, Hit - basically everyone except for Saiyans. That's also how it used to be before all those transformations were created. At the very least I hope we go back to something simpler like it was up until the Androids arc where it was Base --> SSJ.
Seeing as Toriyama is also a fan of simple things I think I will se my wishes come true sooner or later.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:44 am

emperior wrote: Again, if Toriyama decides old forms are gone then Toei must follow it. It might explain why they have decided to make Goku go SSJ/SSJ2 and Blue so much recently, as those forms might probably never appear again. At least I hope so, I've been praying for them to get rid of all these transformations for Goku and Vegeta, to make them always powerful in their base, like Beerus, Whis, Toppo, Hit - basically everyone except for Saiyans. That's also how it used to be before all those transformations were created. At the very least I hope we go back to something simpler like it was up until the Androids arc where it was Base --> SSJ.
Seeing as Toriyama is also a fan of simple things I think I will se my wishes come true sooner or later.
You mean besides Freeza's race and the magical girls? And this new form is clearly not Goku's base. We also know crap about the other Gods of Destruction, so whose to say that they can't transform?
Kanassa wrote:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 am

emperior wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: Transformations are now an integral part of the series, him always being high powered in base sounds great but that wouldn't be possible without giving up transformations..
Again, if Toriyama decides old forms are gone then Toei must follow it. It might explain why they have decided to make Goku go SSJ/SSJ2 and Blue so much recently, as those forms might probably never appear again. At least I hope so, I've been praying for them to get rid of all these transformations for Goku and Vegeta, to make them always powerful in their base, like Beerus, Whis, Toppo, Hit - basically everyone except for Saiyans. That's also how it used to be before all those transformations were created. At the very least I hope we go back to something simpler like it was up until the Androids arc where it was Base --> SSJ.
True though. Although we thought the exact same thing after Battle of Gods ended where Goku would supposively only focus on Base and regular SSJ from that time on, Akira Toriyama even went so far to say he won't go SSJ2 and 3 anymore in an interview, yet one arc later, SSJ Blue was created, and later in the Future Trunks arc Goku even used SSJ2 and 3 again! So it's clear Toei just do what they want. But i hope you're right and Toriyama's going to have to be more strict from now on.