(NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: (NEW FORM) Ultimate Goku?

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:34 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I also wonder what this transformation will be named... any guesses? :lol:
Ultimate Goku?

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm

Kale's transformation name, is " uncontrolled ssj" traslated

Maybe something in the likes of Kale's one?
Though it looks more like a pure God form to me, and looks slightly evil too

GoD Goku?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 pm

I've grown rather attached to the "Limit Break(er)" moniker.
TBMx wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
sintzu wrote:This is easily the best design I've seen of Goku. I really hope this'll be his (and Vegeta's) default form in the future.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why? Because Vegeta isn't a character that just copies Goku.
[spoiler]Are you bothered that he's taking his Completed SSB approach in the manga?[/spoiler]

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I also wonder what this transformation will be named... any guesses? :lol:
Saiyan Beyond God, just my guess. 8)
Good one. :lol: :clap:
WittyUsername wrote:
Ultimate Goku?
Just like the thread name? Lol :lol:
MrBlackFox wrote:Kale's transformation name, is " uncontrolled ssj" traslated

GoD Goku?
Wouldn't he have to be appointed GoD? :lol: But hell, I can't think of any better names.
TBMx wrote: I disagree. I hope Vegeta never gets this form and instead does what he always has, works 3x as hard to increase his strength and catches up using just Super Saiyan Blue. I hate the idea of Vegeta just following the ground Goku has already trodden. The only time he has ever done that, just followed the transformation Goku has already achieved, was with the original Super Saiyan, which he had no choice in the matter. You didn't see Vegeta doing Goku's full power Super Saiyan strategy in the Cell Games. Why? Because Vegeta isn't a character that just copies Goku.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What other names do y'all have?

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Ultimate Goku?
actually it kinda seems better if the new form is named "Super Goku", keeping with the theme of dragon ball "super", "super" dragon balls, etc. also because goku is going with the red and blue (SSG and SSB and SSB with kaioken) colors like "super"man does, and goku is often compared to superman too. everything is super and therefore Super Goku.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:33 pm

But if Vegeta ever achieved the form, and there already is a Super Vegeta, then... :lol:

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Xeogran wrote:But if Vegeta ever achieved the form, and there already is a Super Vegeta, then... :lol:
okay then how about "Super God Non Super Saiyan Or Super Goku", aka "Super God Goku"

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Simere wrote:I've grown rather attached to the "Limit Break(er)" moniker.
TBMx wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: I agree wholeheartedly with this. Now if we could only see Vegetto in this form... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why? Because Vegeta isn't a character that just copies Goku.
[spoiler]Are you bothered that he's taking his Completed SSB approach in the manga?[/spoiler]
Hell yeah it would both me! The only way it wouldn't is if Vegeta took it further and combined it with his SSG/SSB switching technique. Actually has something of his own to contribute instead of just piggybacking off Goku's genius. If Vegeta learns this new limit breaker thing he may as well go to Yardrat and learn Instant transmission and go to KIng Kai and learn Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:13 pm

Like I sort of mentioned in another thread, does anyone think this new form of Goku's has anything to do with what happened during the fight with Beerus where they kept mentioning Goku's limits and him briefly reverting to Base form in order to smash apart Beerus' large attack?

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Wouldn't it be funny if Goku's final form was actually this Toryiama designed character??

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm

For now, I'm gonna go with the community favourite, and call him "Limit Break Goku".

As to how it's achieved, we've been getting some potential hints, a dichotomy of red and blue. Red for intensity, and blue for tranquility. Golden Freeza's newfound control over his intense power, SSB's calm heart and perfect Ki control with the wild and untamed Kaio-ken, and now the return of the fiery SSG contrasting the somber SSB.

Learning to harness intensity AND tranquility seems to be a plausible background theme for this "Limit Break" form.

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:41 pm

TBMx wrote:Hell yeah it would both me! The only way it wouldn't is if Vegeta took it further and combined it with his SSG/SSB switching technique. Actually has something of his own to contribute instead of just piggybacking off Goku's genius. If Vegeta learns this new limit breaker thing he may as well go to Yardrat and learn Instant transmission and go to KIng Kai and learn Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.

If there were 10 methods to do something and one is more efficient than the other, would you pick the other 9 because someone else picked the best one? Don't think so.

Although, Vegeta does see what Goku does, and wants it for himself, being the person that he is he'd want to go above and beyond what he's seen. Or put a spin on it. Remember, he left Goku and Gotenks with SSJ3. He still has his own agenda... I assume.
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:31 am

Just Goku, plain Goku.

I hope he sniffed something out of Gohan's method, and added 1 and 1 together with what Whis told him.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:17 am

Why not just "God Goku" or literally just God... the more simple the better.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:35 am

So basically this new form is a mix between Pseudo SSJ and Toyotaro's idea of Goku controlling SSJB ki? :?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

But...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 am

PMD wrote:So basically this new form is a mix between Pseudo SSJ and Toyotaro's idea of Goku controlling SSJB ki? :?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

But...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How? Toyo's control Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has no aura since Goku sucks it all in. This form has an aura. It also doesn't really look like Fake Super Saiyan outside the red aura. It looks more like what Ultimate Goku would look like mixed with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan highlights in the hair and aura, with the flame aura of Super Saiyan God.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:22 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
Saiyan Beyond God, just my guess. 8)
Good one. :lol: :clap:
WittyUsername wrote:
Ultimate Goku?
Just like the thread name? Lol :lol:
MrBlackFox wrote:Kale's transformation name, is " uncontrolled ssj" traslated

GoD Goku?
Wouldn't he have to be appointed GoD? :lol: But hell, I can't think of any better names.
TBMx wrote: I disagree. I hope Vegeta never gets this form and instead does what he always has, works 3x as hard to increase his strength and catches up using just Super Saiyan Blue. I hate the idea of Vegeta just following the ground Goku has already trodden. The only time he has ever done that, just followed the transformation Goku has already achieved, was with the original Super Saiyan, which he had no choice in the matter. You didn't see Vegeta doing Goku's full power Super Saiyan strategy in the Cell Games. Why? Because Vegeta isn't a character that just copies Goku.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What other names do y'all have?

I was thinking something more like a pure God Of Destruction form, he looks very angered and bad

What if it's ssj4 about to finally go canon? I could cry for joy

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 am

HeroR wrote: How? Toyo's control Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan has no aura since Goku sucks it all in. This form has an aura. It also doesn't really look like Fake Super Saiyan outside the red aura. It looks more like what Ultimate Goku would look like mixed with Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan highlights in the hair and aura, with the flame aura of Super Saiyan God.
I'm just guessing that red and blue aura will eventually dissapear like in the opening. That's why I said "Toyotaro's idea". And I compared with the Pseudo SSJ because of the hair and the muscles. I don't know too much about fan fictions but I googled Ultimate Goku and it does ressembles that form.

Based on the tagline "Now the work of the gods ends" or something like that, I think he will achieve the same ki that God of Destructions has. I don't know how or why. Anyway, I don't like where this is going. I do like the eyes though.
MrBlackFox wrote: What if it's ssj4 about to finally go canon? I could cry for joy
And you made that assumption based on......?

Pluto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pluto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:59 am

I'm still puzzled why people like a hairy gorilla looking full of steroid-muscles with ugly hair styles as if the 80s David Hasselhoff had transformed in to a super saiyan.
In the year 42 of our god calendar, Zarma acquired a special patent for his original design.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:54 am

DarkPrince_92 wrote:
TBMx wrote:Hell yeah it would both me! The only way it wouldn't is if Vegeta took it further and combined it with his SSG/SSB switching technique. Actually has something of his own to contribute instead of just piggybacking off Goku's genius. If Vegeta learns this new limit breaker thing he may as well go to Yardrat and learn Instant transmission and go to KIng Kai and learn Kaioken and the Spirit Bomb.

If there were 10 methods to do something and one is more efficient than the other, would you pick the other 9 because someone else picked the best one? Don't think so.

Although, Vegeta does see what Goku does, and wants it for himself, being the person that he is he'd want to go above and beyond what he's seen. Or put a spin on it. Remember, he left Goku and Gotenks with SSJ3. He still has his own agenda... I assume.
Learning full power Super Saiyan in the Cell Games was a more efficient way and Vegeta didn't do that. Going through the Super Saiyan God ritual and immediately matching Goku and then starting his training with Whis is more efficient than spending 6 months grinding just to catch up with Goku. Yet Vegeta chose to grind. It's boring and pathetic if Vegeta just achieves some of what Goku achieves only one arc later.

Goku's the one who's already fighting the strongest guys and is by far the stronger of the two thanks to Kaioken. Now he's the one innovating new transformations and making Vegeta have to copy him? How are they rivals again?