So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Post by precita » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:22 pm

As we all know, Gohan's portrayal in Super in terms of fighting has been the worst portrayal of him in the entire franchise. However between the new opening showing him training with Piccolo, him being back in his Ultimate Gohan look and gi from the Buu saga, and having a role in the tournament after sitting out the last one, will "My boy Gohan" finally be redeemed?

What do you think the future holds for, "My boy Gohan?"

kinisking
I Live Here

Re: So will, "My boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Post by kinisking » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 pm

Your boy Gohan will do amazing. Trust me, it's not like us Gohan fans have ever been let down before!
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 pm

He doesn't need to be "redeemed"

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Vados_chan wrote:He doesn't need to be "redeemed"
I would agree if the last time we saw him fight in canon didn't result in him fainting in that pathetic way. Kind of a shame, that could've been a badass movement but they drew him in a pitiful way. The fact that Piccolo had to rescue him like he was a little kid again also didn't help.
Last edited by kinisking on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 pm

I've been watching some reaction videos for the new opening earlier, and the peak of excitement seems to hit when the opening focuses on "My boy Gohan" training. "My boy Gohan", hopefully does something really cool or the disappointment and salt from these fans will be so overwhelming I may have to avoid the internet for a week or so.

As a Gohan fan, I'm not expecting much. But we will see.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Well at the very least we will be able to see Gohan on the show. It's been so long since he has actually been a consistent presence in the episodes.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Will our boy Gohan finally be redeemed? Our boy Gohan, who grew up to not only become the professional scholar he always dreamed of but also a loving and providing family man in addition to part-time superhero turned movie star? Will he finally be redeemed? Are they going to do something with this sack of crap, our boy Gohan?!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:41 pm

At this point I hope our boy Gohan dies.

I hope his last words are, "I'm letting all my boys down, bro."
Last edited by Cipher on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Cipher wrote:

this is comedy gold but you forgot to add I need savage Gohan not wuss Gohan or something like that
    I'm curious on how the fandom will react when the 8 fighters of U7 jobbed and they wank Goku and Vegeta again
    Mostly active on discord.

Cipher
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:49 pm

The gr wrote:this is comedy gold but you forgot to add I need savage Gohan not wuss Gohan or something like that
      I'm curious on how the fandom will react when the 8 fighters of U7 jobbed and they wank Goku and Vegeta again
      It's a living document. This thread has already made me notice how remiss I was in not referring to the character by his full name, "My boy Gohan."

MathSSJ
      Beyond Newbie

Post by MathSSJ » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:51 pm

Cipher wrote:

If you made this, I fucking love you for it.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Cipher wrote:
      The gr wrote:this is comedy gold but you forgot to add I need savage Gohan not wuss Gohan or something like that
        It's a living document. This thread has already made me notice how remiss I was in not referring to the character by his full name, "My boy Gohan."
        So is this document is only focusing on the gohan fan base

Kagari
        OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Vados_chan wrote:He doesn't need to be "redeemed"
        I agree with this. I think most fans are happy enough to see him actively part of the relevant cast again. I know I am.
        In that sense, they've already redeemed him just by doing that.

kinisking
        I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:06 pm

The gr wrote:
        Cipher wrote:
          Nah, this is pretty much all of Dragonball YouTubers regardless if Gohan is their favorite. Gotta milk him as much as possible yknow.

True Kagari. If he becomes an active member of the cast, then I'm already happy.

The gr
          I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:08 pm

kinisking wrote:
          The gr wrote:
          Cipher wrote: It's a living document. This thread has already made me notice how remiss I was in not referring to the character by his full name, "My boy Gohan."
          Nah, this is pretty much all of Dragonball YouTubers regardless if Gohan is their favorite. Gotta milk him as much as possible yknow.

True Kagari. If he becomes an active member of the cast, then I'm already happy.
          I'm getting tired of seeing these Gohan videos

kinisking
          I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:12 pm

The gr wrote:
          kinisking wrote:
          The gr wrote: So is this document is only focusing on the gohan fan base

I'm getting tired of seeing these Gohan videos
          I was getting tired of them too.It hyped the Gohan fanbase more than we needed to be hyped tbh. Hopefully with this new arc we can get away from what we hope he does, to talking about what he's actually doing.

Beyond
          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Asking dbz youtubers not to make Gohan videos would be like asking news sites to stop writing about Trump. It's the hot issue. and it will be for a long time. I've luckily reached a place were a fan or youtuber can't influence how I feel about a character, unless it's actually a good analysis of the character.

sintzu
          Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Going by the opening, yes. I think this will be the arc that brings Gohan back to the front lines of fighting but hopefully it won't just be this arc.
          July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMathemagician
          OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:36 pm

sintzu wrote:Going by the opening, yes. I think this will be the arc that brings Gohan back to the front lines of fighting but hopefully it won't just be this arc.
          This. Like he doesn't need to be strongest or anything, but the guy will hopefully remain a relevant fighter from here on in.
          "Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Zephyr
          I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:39 pm

Cipher wrote:It's a living document. This thread has already made me notice how remiss I was in not referring to the character by his full name, "My boy Gohan."
          Whoa man, I think you mean 'My Strongest Unfused Warrior™ Boy: Chou-Ultimate-Mystic Son "The Highest Potential Out of All of Us" Gohan'.

But the real burning question is, will "Gohan's boys" still somehow manage to continue to feign surprise when he isn't "redeemed", again, for the twelfth time?
          • After letting his brother get absorbed, failing to catch an earring, and getting sidelined so that Goku could kill-steal in the Buu arc
          • After not getting the kill in Movie 13
          • After turning Super Saiyan and not getting the kill in the Baby arc
          • After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in the Super 17 arc
          • After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in the Evil Dragons arc
          • After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in Battle of Gods
          • After telling Roshi that he hasn't been training, losing his dogi, turning Super Saiyan again, being Gohan-Busted™ by First Form Freeza, and not getting the kill again in Revival of F
          • After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in Dragon Ball Super's retelling of Battle of Gods
          • After telling Roshi that he hasn't been training again, losing his dogi again, turning Super Saiyan again, being Gohan-Busted™ by First Form Freeza again, and not getting the kill again in Dragon Ball Super's retelling of Revival of F
          • After being left out of the tournament against Universe 6
          • After not even knowing what was going on in the Future Trunks arc

Will they finally accept that The Documents simply don't think very highly of him?