So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: So will, "My boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Post by Miracles » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:44 pm

Who said Gohan needs to be "redeemed?" The story has him where he is suppose to be...A scholar, not a warrior.
Now, if you want him to do something epic; Maybe. Doubt it'll be arc breaking. Gohan is small potatoes now.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 pm

MathSSJ wrote:If you made this, I fucking love you for it.
I made it, yeah.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:59 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:This. Like he doesn't need to be strongest or anything, but the guy will hopefully remain a relevant fighter from here on in.
I'm not expecting or even asking for him to be the main character, I'd just like to see him and Piccolo be relevant to the plot and get some good fights in every arc.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:07 am

Gohan will become "badass" when he needs too but I have a feeling he's not going to make it far with Mystic, and I doubt him getting a new form unless it's like Mystic grade 2 or something. Eventually your going to have people on SSJB tier like that alien that a Boo leveled Gohan can't handle but hopefully he has a ton of good fights before then! I'm telling everyone now, after this arc look for him to throw the glasses and tie back on! (Unless he has some kind of character development and changes his attitude)

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:34 am

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:This. Like he doesn't need to be strongest or anything, but the guy will hopefully remain a relevant fighter from here on in.
I'm not expecting or even asking for him to be the main character, I'd just like to see him and Piccolo be relevant to the plot and get some good fights in every arc.
They've gotten some pretty terrible treatment in Super, but if there was ever any time to bring characters back to being relevant (for good hopefully), now would be the time.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 am

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:49 am

I'm not even a Gohan fan but even I hope he does something. I've loved and hated his character recently, yes he's a loving family man, and it's great to watch, but his family can be put in danger because of his weakness and yet he doesn't do anything about it, well until now it seems. Finally it looks like he's been given a kick up the arse and instead of relying on his dad to protect everybody he's actually getting himself in shape so he can help to protect what he cares about.
God! He's a man who faces threats quite often yet never takes the time to train, it doesn't help that the person he relies on is not usually on the planet either, he should be prepared. If he cares so much about his family, he should be ready to destroy anybody that could pose a threat to them.

So, no, this won't redeem his character for me, this will complete his character and make him better than he's ever been IMO.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 am

He will have fights just like the other 9 and depending on the format, roshi could even have equal contribution as Goku for team Universe 7.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:13 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:I'm not even a Gohan fan but even I hope he does something. I've loved and hated his character recently, yes he's a loving family man, and it's great to watch, but his family can be put in danger because of his weakness and yet he doesn't do anything about it, well until now it seems. Finally it looks like he's been given a kick up the arse and instead of relying on his dad to protect everybody he's actually getting himself in shape so he can help to protect what he cares about.
God! He's a man who faces threats quite often yet never takes the time to train, it doesn't help that the person he relies on is not usually on the planet either, he should be prepared. If he cares so much about his family, he should be ready to destroy anybody that could pose a threat to them.

So, no, this won't redeem his character for me, this will complete his character and make him better than he's ever been IMO.
This!
I couldn't have worded it better myself.
It's funny how Gohan is practically the opposite of Goku when it comes to fighting and life itself.
On one thing they are the same actually and that is their ignorance, Goku when it comes to his family and Gohan when it comes to fighting.

He will have his moment to shine though, why else bring him back into the saddle?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:33 am

kinisking wrote:Your boy Gohan will do amazing. Trust me, it's not like us Gohan fans have ever been let down before!
I can feel the sarcasm in this line, anyways yeah on topic he'll do good "if we go by what the OP shows that is" but my gut feeling says otherwise.
Cipher wrote:Image

Beautiful.... just beautiful
I also noticed Goku was dead serious in the bits of him fighting the bald alien dude, well that is until his cocky smirk kicked in :lol:

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:42 am

There's a bit of... I don't know if I'd quite call it "irony", but it's certainly something... in criticizing others' opinions and posts with little more than an animated GIF. If we're going to ask for worthwhile material, let's stand up and actually provide it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:52 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
kinisking wrote:Your boy Gohan will do amazing. Trust me, it's not like us Gohan fans have ever been let down before!
I can feel the sarcasm in this line, anyways yeah on topic he'll do good "if we go by what the OP shows that is" but my gut feeling says otherwise.
Cipher wrote:Image

Beautiful.... just beautiful
I also noticed Goku was dead serious in the bits of him fighting the bald alien dude, well that is until his cocky smirk kicked in :lol:
I thinks Goku finally realizes he f@$ed up by reminding Zeno about the tournament.
He fights for the existence of his own universe but he does so with the knowledge he's about to doom the other universes because of it.
I hope he feels really really REALLY bad about it. :twisted:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:14 am

SsjCookie wrote: I thinks Goku finally realizes he f@$ed up by reminding Zeno about the tournament.
He fights for the existence of his own universe but he does so with the knowledge he's about to doom the other universes because of it.
NEP's gonna be big in regards to how Goku will react and handle things, but I got a feelin that Goku will just be like "its cool, we can just ask the super dragon balls to restore everything back to normal after the match, we just have to win" and then everyone agree's and doesnt blame Goku for anything.

Doctor.
Banned

Re: So will "my boy Gohan" finally be redeemed in this arc?

Post by Doctor. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:26 am

Guys, guys.

What if we remake GT... But instead of turning Goku into a kid, we turn OUR BOY GOHAN. OH! And what if he's in Super Saiyan 2 like ALL THE TIME?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:34 am

Doctor. wrote:Guys, guys.

What if we remake GT... But instead of turning Goku into a kid, we turn OUR BOY GOHAN. OH! And what if he's in Super Saiyan 2 like ALL THE TIME?
What the hell? no, the worst thing that GT pulled was turning Goku into a midget, tho I get that you're just kiddin but still, bad joke :lol:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:55 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Guys, guys.

What the hell? no, the worst thing that GT pulled was turning Goku into a midget, tho I get that you're just kiddin but still, bad joke :lol:
The point is that it's supposed to be a bad idea because all Gohan "fans" care about is SS2 Cell Games Gohan.

SsjCookie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SsjCookie » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
SsjCookie wrote: I thinks Goku finally realizes he f@$ed up by reminding Zeno about the tournament.
NEP's gonna be big in regards to how Goku will react and handle things, but I got a feelin that Goku will just be like "its cool, we can just ask the super dragon balls to restore everything back to normal after the match, we just have to win" and then everyone agree's and doesnt blame Goku for anything.
I most certainly hope not, Goku's reliance on these stupid overgrown marbles is getting ridiculous.
It would certainly negate the whole arc if universes are destroyed only to be wished back again, i mean what's the whole point about this tournament anyway.
The winner gets to live, and the losers can only hope they'll be wished back.

Besides do the Super dragonballs even have the power to restore the other universes?
Can Goku risk that gamble?

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:32 am

SsjCookie wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
I most certainly hope not, Goku's reliance on these stupid overgrown marbles is getting ridiculous.
It would certainly negate the whole arc if universes are destroyed only to be wished back again, i mean what's the whole point about this tournament anyway.
The winner gets to live, and the losers can only hope they'll be wished back.

Besides do the Super dragonballs even have the power to restore the other universes?
Can Goku risk that gamble?
Chanpa did say that the super dragon balls has no limits when it comes to wishes. Tho I'm more interested in what they get if they win, will it be the super dragon balls again? or something different.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:42 am

Zephyr wrote:
Cipher wrote:It's a living document. This thread has already made me notice how remiss I was in not referring to the character by his full name, "My boy Gohan."
Whoa man, I think you mean 'My Strongest Unfused Warrior™ Boy: Chou-Ultimate-Mystic Son "The Highest Potential Out of All of Us" Gohan'.

But the real burning question is, will "Gohan's boys" still somehow manage to continue to feign surprise when he isn't "redeemed", again, for the twelfth time?
• After letting his brother get absorbed, failing to catch an earring, and getting sidelined so that Goku could kill-steal in the Buu arc
• After not getting the kill in Movie 13
• After turning Super Saiyan and not getting the kill in the Baby arc
• After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in the Super 17 arc
• After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in the Evil Dragons arc
• After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in Battle of Gods
• After telling Roshi that he hasn't been training, losing his dogi, turning Super Saiyan again, being Gohan-Busted™ by First Form Freeza, and not getting the kill again in Revival of F
• After turning Super Saiyan again and not getting the kill again in Dragon Ball Super's retelling of Battle of Gods
• After telling Roshi that he hasn't been training again, losing his dogi again, turning Super Saiyan again, being Gohan-Busted™ by First Form Freeza again, and not getting the kill again in Dragon Ball Super's retelling of Revival of F
• After being left out of the tournament against Universe 6
• After not even knowing what was going on in the Future Trunks arc

Will they finally accept that The Documents simply don't think very highly of him?
Y'know, when you put it like this it almost, maybe sort of kind of if you squint REALLY hard that you look more Asian than Fu Manchu, you might in a blue moon upon the alignments of the planet realize that Gohan hasn't done fuck or all in 20 years!

But if you take it a step further and sacrifice a baby to the altar of Darkseid, you may also potentially realize after 50 years of deep philosophical contemplation discover that his fan-base are thicker an immovable object too!
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:46 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Y'know, when you put it like this it almost, maybe sort of kind of if you squint REALLY hard that you look more Asian than Fu Manchu, you might in a blue moon upon the alignments of the planet realize that Gohan hasn't done fuck or all in 20 years!

But if you take it a step further and sacrifice a baby to the altar of Darkseid, you may also potentially realize after 50 years of deep philosophical contemplation discover that his fan-base are thicker an immovable object too!
Dude, how can you say such a thing? Don't you remember how Gohan went TOE-TO-TOE WITH GOKU in one of the most recent episodes? AND NOW HE TURNED MYSTIC IN THE OPENING. They're totally setting him up for a grand return. He'll kill grey alien Superman and then proceed to absorb the Zenos into his very being and become the omnipotent God all of us know he has the potential to be.