Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 10/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Got the OP ready for the Broly movie (can't believe I just typed that) I'll be honest I've kinda lost enthusiasm now since we're probably just gonna get a shit tonne of Broly stuff... Banpy probably won't be too bad but Bandai...

Hoping the Ultimate Soldiers line will be about 18cm in height. Hopefully the IBK will be the usual 25cm.

Gigantic Series SSGSS.E Vegeta will be revealed any day now thought it would be yesterday but was the Buu (also due Sept). Please. Be. Good!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 10/07/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:37 am

I like the new Broly design, so as long as Toriyama made him a character that I'll actually enjoy, unlike the old Broly, then I look forward to NewBroly merch.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:35 am

Hopefully we get more merchandise announced along Vegeta SSBE. V-Jump should leak any day now so we might get an early look (assuming that's where they announce them).
ArchedThunder wrote:I like the new Broly design, so as long as Toriyama made him a character that I'll actually enjoy, unlike the old Broly, then I look forward to NewBroly merch.
In M10 he had one word vocabulary while in M11 he didn't even have that so I think Toriyama won't have much trouble improving him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:58 am

I'm just happy SSG is confirmed. Hopefully we can get non WCF figures for it. Form has sadly been forgotten about :( Nakazawa even did Gogeta SS4 before it for FES.

Also OP got 2 WCF sets in the month Film Gold came out, now I don't want to be tok greedy here since we already have a lot but that would icing on the cake!

November and December (Shenron) DBS plushes:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:11 pm

Ultimate Soldiers vol.1,2,3:

What this means is likely no UI or Fusions... (We'll know for sure in September).

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:What this means is likely no UI or Fusions... (We'll know for sure in September).
I am crossing my fingers that UI is in the movie and I'm also crossing my fingers that Gogeta/Vegetto isn't in this movie. I would much rather see Goku and Vegeta work together like against Jiren, rather than being forced to fuse. And if Broly is really that formidable, then that's when UI should be used, not fusion.

Akio Iyoku has implied that this film will focus on Goku. He makes it sound like Goku will be involved in the final battle of the film in the second last paragraph. My guess is that Goku and Broly will go all out, which means that UI will happen. That form is so popular right now, you can't just not use it. For a film that's aiming to be a crowd pleaser, bringing in UI seems like a no brainer. You could say the same about fusion, but we just got Vegetto in the Future Trunks arc. It doesn't feel right for Goku and Vegeta to just fuse again, especially against a Saiyan character.

Anyway, back to what this topic is all about. These new figures look awesome and I will definitely pick them up. Broly looks great and I love his redesign.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:What this means is likely no UI or Fusions... (We'll know for sure in September).
What certainty will September bring?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:25 am

Found this pic pic the Super Master Stars SSJ4 Goku

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 am

So it requires two SSB to take on the base form of Broly now? The power scaling is so fubar at this point I don't even know what to say :lol: . I'm just hoping at least they justify it by showing immense destruction, scale and power that's unprecedented.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:13 am

Simere wrote:
What certainty will September bring?
January figures catalogues and September prize fair that will show off figures from Jan to March. If Fusions or UI are in the film they will accordingly be blanked however Goku will still be labelled as Son Goku, the fusions will also have their name concealed. So that would be the giveaway.
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
I am crossing my fingers that UI is in the movie and I'm also crossing my fingers that Gogeta/Vegetto isn't in this movie. I would much rather see Goku and Vegeta work together like against Jiren, rather than being forced to fuse. And if Broly is really that formidable, then that's when UI should be used, not fusion.

Akio Iyoku has implied that this film will focus on Goku. He makes it sound like Goku will be involved in the final battle of the film in the second last paragraph. My guess is that Goku and Broly will go all out, which means that UI will happen. That form is so popular right now, you can't just not use it. For a film that's aiming to be a crowd pleaser, bringing in UI seems like a no brainer. You could say the same about fusion, but we just got Vegetto in the Future Trunks arc. It doesn't feel right for Goku and Vegeta to just fuse again, especially against a Saiyan character.

Anyway, back to what this topic is all about. These new figures look awesome and I will definitely pick them up. Broly looks great and I love his redesign.
I hope UI will appear too but no way they wouldn't release it in December if it were in the movie. However the hope though is Broly isn't in his SS form like I thought so the next wave in Jan might have SS Broly and UI Goku. So definitely worth holding out hope, September will more or less give it away.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:17 am

Prototype pics as per DBS account:

No SSGSS bang :(

FES Stage 8 UI Goku final version:

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Found this pic pic the Super Master Stars SSJ4 Goku

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Here are the rest of the colours:
[spoiler]The Brush

The Anime:

The Tones:
Image[/spoiler]

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:44 am

FES UI Goku looks soooo good, a definite buy. Not really phased by Ultimate Soldiers figures tho, the lack of hair streaks makes the hair look so plain and boring. Yeah the new movie art style isn't doing it for me at all.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:05 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:FES UI Goku looks soooo good, a definite buy. Not really phased by Ultimate Soldiers figures tho, the lack of hair streaks makes the hair look so plain and boring. Yeah the new movie art style isn't doing it for me at all.
Only nitpick is there isn't that blue ripped shirt but Nakazawa works so damn hard not holding it against him and it actually further adds fuel that it'd be re-coloured to "Omen" with the shirt (hopefully), but on the flip with all the movie stuff it maybe the end of the FES line... hopefully not.

That is a fair comment but I already own sooooo much SSGSS I actually don't mind this at all (except the lack of bang) nice change of pace and I love how Goku's front bangs are. I just wish Goku didn't have those back bangs sticking out to be honest.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:53 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Prototype pics as per DBS account:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The Brush

The Anime:

The Tones:
Image[/spoiler]
All of them look great, I have the Brush preordered but the 2D is my favorite version.

Also, here's a comparison of the two SSJ4 Goku from FES

The recolor looks better imo.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:03 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Prototype pics as per DBS account:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The Brush

The Anime:

The Tones:
Image[/spoiler]
All of them look great, I have the Brush preordered but the 2D is my favorite version.

Also, here's a comparison of the two SSJ4 Goku from FES
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The recolor looks better imo.
Yeah I have the Brush on pre too. Think it is the best colouring. I really am not a fan of those 2D colourings if I am honest.

Kind of surprised Nakazawa picked SS4 to be recoloured for the FES special since it just got released in May but I know he does like SS3 (honestly if it wasn't for him SS3 would hardly get merched!) and that got picked so probably why he picked 4 too.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:06 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Akio Iyoku has implied that this film will focus on Goku. He makes it sound like Goku will be involved in the final battle of the film. My guess is that Goku and Broly will go all out, which means that UI will happen.
The comment Iyoku made seems like it's about 2 things, one about Goku's story (Toriyama says it involves Goku, Vegeta and Broly's destinies) and the other about the fight. I don't think he meant that both are tied together to mean Goku's the only one fighting so if he can't use UI then Vegeta isn't sitting it out, at least not based on what we've seen and been told.

In terms of the figures, will their listings show up if they release UI Goku and Gogeta (if he shows up) in January or February,
Last edited by sintzu on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:17 am

That Broly figure is super sexy.

As for no fusions or UI, we are way too early for them to reveal things like those.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:53 am

ArchedThunder wrote:That Broly figure is super sexy.

As for no fusions or UI, we are way too early for them to reveal things like those.
But the thing is if they are in the movie then no way Banpresto will not release them in December and right now all (four) the regular December prize figures have been revealed, one of those should have been omitted if it were fusion/UI.

When the December WCFs/IBK get revealed we'll see if anything is blank and get a better idea.

But they very well could be saving them for Jan so then we'll know in Sept when the Jan catalogues get sent out and since the Sept Prize fair will showcase figures from Jan to March if anything suspicious is omitted then yeah we know something is up and since there is no way Banpy are gonna release a movie UI or fusion past Jan so thus we will be able to cross reference the labelling of the catalogue to then come up with a solid conclusion.

But anyway enough fretting about that... what do you make of how the SSGSS hairs turned out?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: But anyway enough fretting about that... what do you make of how the SSGSS hairs turned out?
They're just following the model sheets.
I do think they went a little too light on detail lines, those really help on a figure to make it seem like hair.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:08 pm

For some reason imgur lowered the quality of the stock photos:

Marthy Japan also videoed them, more angles:
https://youtu.be/XsK8Cy1i0Ls

Needles to say I'm very happy. Just glad this movie never came in 2017!
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.