Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:28 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Interestingly some listings have IBK Goku and New Character as having "additional parts" I thought it was a mistake but seeing how Masterlise are also working with Banpresto on the October IBK I don't doubt this now... what if Goku's SSGSS head swaps to SS or... UI? Dun dun dun.
Interesting! What have these 'additional parts' consisted of in previous IK figures? I can't help thinking of the rare parts for SSBKK Goku and Sword of Hope Trunks...

Goku's figure doesn't look like it's sculpted to accommodate any accessories so alternate heads seem like a good guess.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 07/08/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Interestingly some listings have IBK Goku and New Character as having "additional parts" I thought it was a mistake but seeing how Masterlise are also working with Banpresto on the October IBK I don't doubt this now... what if Goku's SSGSS head swaps to SS or... UI? Dun dun dun.
Interesting! What have these 'additional parts' consisted of in previous IK figures? I can't help thinking of the rare parts for SSBKK Goku and Sword of Hope Trunks...

Goku's figure doesn't look like it's sculpted to accommodate any accessories so alternate heads seem like a good guess.
Heads, arms and effects:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

UI was a straight head swap that was it.

I have a few ideas, either this is just specific to overseas and a way to have the 2 forms but only release one figure (Japanese have prizes for SS and SSGSS Goku so overseas may just be SSGSS Goku and a swap able head for SS same for new character assuming they and B are one just different forms) or it could be like I said swap SSGSS to UI and they haven't shown UI because obviously spoilers and we end up getting UI, Fusion, Bardock and Broly all in one movie! :P

King Clustar are doing the Broly and their entire schtick as been "BIG SIZE" and Masterlise doing the rest their schtik as been "additional parts" and KC are making the Broly 30cm so it seems likely the Masterlise figures may indeed have additional parts... just which we'd have the Ichiban Kuji sheet already!

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:04 pm

If this is indeed hinting at UI Goku I'm a bit confused. We saw him full shirtless on the trailer and he was using Blue, but if only the head was swapped the result would be blue shirt UI Goku right? Unless it is a brand new figure? Sorry I just get confused at times with so many merchandise.

It just seems odd that he would turn UI yet later fight as Blue again.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Reminder pre order deadlines for the December Asian distributed Ichiban Kuji figures, SS Broly FP, SSGSS Goku & New Character A end this week. On sites such as a Play-asia who use the Asian distributors, other distributors have other release dates. It should all be the same version all the same.
I pre ordered my Broly on a site called AnimeNPC they seemed okay from reviews I read but most importantly they have an option to pay 30% partial but unfortunately they don't have New Character A so might have to to Play Asia for that.

For SSGSS Goku & New Character B I'll probably try my luck on the Japanese side and seeing if I can find good deals, knowing I won't have to stress about Broly or New Character A.

If Character A is indeed Gogeta... Might be wise getting those pre orders in now.

=========
MisteryOne wrote:I would love to get those cardass. Bring me lots of childhood memories from the old Z ones.

So far I have not seen too many figures about the new film (I'm curious to see SSG Vegeta and others) but it's great that they are really pushing the new designs. Even Dokkan seems to use Shintani- esque drawings now, or at least trying to.

Is SS Full Power really a thing? Like...grade 4? Why don't use the same name they gave Kale's form? They can't even be consistent with that can they...
I would like to aswell until I saw Bandai were charging ¥8500 yen.... Pssht.

As for figures we're just get started. Banpresto will release ~15 in December with several already blanked and two specifically labelled as "New Characters A&B" and we'll get Bandai's gashapon plans at the end of the month and then 5th September is the next prize fair will show off figures from Jan to March.

As for SSG Vegeta figures. Wouldn't hold my breath at all. SSG & Vegeta are two things that have got shafted hard* by the merchandise dept. At most we'll probably get a WCF but even then I'm not expecting it.

*Example the DBS FES Son Goku line gave us SS4 Goku and SS4 Gogeta yet still no SSG Goku something actually DBS related...
Well that honestly sucks, I love SSG. And yeah it seems like no cardass for me either then. Is there any possibility of it getting out of Japan? Surprisingly I have not seen a lot of Super merchandise in my country (then again our dub situation doesn't really allow it to be actually popular...)
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Interestingly some listings have IBK Goku and New Character as having "additional parts" I thought it was a mistake but seeing how Masterlise are also working with Banpresto on the October IBK I don't doubt this now... what if Goku's SSGSS head swaps to SS or... UI? Dun dun dun.
Wait. Did the listings specify which New Character had additional parts?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Whoa we hit fire status on the thread!
BlueBasilisk wrote: Interesting! What have these 'additional parts' consisted of in previous IK figures? I can't help thinking of the rare parts for SSBKK Goku and Sword of Hope Trunks...

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait. Did the listings specify which New Character had additional parts?
MisteryOne wrote:If this is indeed hinting at UI Goku I'm a bit confused. We saw him full shirtless on the trailer and he was using Blue, but if only the head was swapped the result would be blue shirt UI Goku right? Unless it is a brand new figure? Sorry I just get confused at times with so many merchandise.

It just seems odd that he would turn UI yet later fight as Blue again.
Ah, ignore that! The site with that listing even said the non Ichiban Kuji figures came with "additional parts". So likely just mean a base / stand. Fale alarm I guess!
MisteryOne wrote: Well that honestly sucks, I love SSG. And yeah it seems like no cardass for me either then. Is there any possibility of it getting out of Japan? Surprisingly I have not seen a lot of Super merchandise in my country (then again our dub situation doesn't really allow it to be actually popular...)
I love SSG too! Trying to find SSG merch is like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

As for trying to get cardass outside of Japan. I'm not sure but Premium Bandai stuff don't tend to get released overseas much from what I can tell. Unfortunately now Bandai see DBS success and feel the need to over price everything...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm

(Disclaimer this isn't more clues for anything just general info).

As per usual oveseas case ratio for WCFs are different, because overseas obviously completely different no game stations or prize lotteries, overseas now is:

A-D 10, E-F 8

Reminder of the Japanese ratio's:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Unfortunately overseas listings (America or Europe) I have managed to find are either blind (so one at random) or selling entire case.

Even more unfortunate, 2 Japanese stores listed December listings and not good one did the whole set of 6 for ~10,000yen and another 12,000yen not looking good /: Might have to try my luck for E&F on an overseas blind box!

Either way looking like owning the entire set of 6 is gonna be expensiveeeeeeee.

This is just volume 1 too....

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:25 am

Takahashi drawing of Nakazawa's FES SS4 Goku:

So awesome!

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:50 pm

Baggie, do you believe Bandai will make a Premium HG set for Broly's movie?

If so, it always baffles me how they show a product like the Silver edition, then release it months after the characters in the set have made their appearance

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:DBS Wafer Stickers (said before characters from DBS GT & Z movies will appear) for September, partially revealed:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
NuBroly!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

List:
[spoiler]Normal:
Vegeta&Cabba
Omega Shenron
Goku
Baby Vegeta
Pan&Trunks&Goku
Garlic Jr
Slug
Bojack
Janemaba

Rare:
Zen-Oh
Gohan&Piccolo
Caulifla
Kale
Turles
Metal Cooler

Super Rare:
Goku&Vegeta
Vegeta
Bardock

Ultra Rare:
Goku
Goku
Goku

Gold Rae:
Gogeta
??? (Broly)[/spoiler]

September's UG08 coloured:

Looks good. Just hope Bandai don't do any of their under ratio shenanigans they like to pull for this line...

-----------
TheNingen wrote:Baggie, do you believe Bandai will make a Premium HG set for Broly's movie?

If so, it always baffles me how they show a product like the Silver edition, then release it months after the characters in the set have made their appearance
Almost definitely easy money for them. Make two sets of 4 charge over ¥5000 for each and make over ¥10,000! It'd probably get announced around Jan/Feb with a summer release. You are right the UI "Omen" set announced in October didn't get released until March... But the release model works for them. I guess it allows more opportunity for reservations.

We'll probably also get a Gigantic Series Broly which will probably cost something ridiculous like ¥13,000 and look complete ass especially compared to King Clustar Ichiban Kuji Broly.

We'll get Bandai's regular December gashapon schedule next week... UDM, UG & VS regular lines they have. I doubt Bandai will release all 3 (despite fellow Banpresto releasing ~15 figures in December Bandai will struggle to release a few gashapon sets!) Guldo will already be apart of the next UDM because Bandai promised Ginyu Force in every new UDM and he's the last one left... But if we get more shit like that or more shitty DBH stuff in these December gashapons they can well and truly piss off. This is the a new life line for them to use the DBS brand to actually market DBS stuff there is gonna many characters and forms in the movie so they have an abundance to work with.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Well if they are, I want them to announce it so I can preorder like a moron and be disappointed by the scale

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:26 am

Out today Urota's DB Match Makers!
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Would love to support his fray into DB but I have to hold off for now.

Bandai's December plans slowly being revealed, gashapon plans later this week but here are their candy plans:

Wafer Stickers 10:
Characters that appear in movie "Dragon Ball Super Broly" also characters that appear in Super Dragon Ball Heroes. 23 stickers in total including one secret rate type!

Adverge 9:
Characters that appear in movie "Dragon Ball Super Broly" including the most powerful character "Super Saiyan Broly Full Power", luxury line up that includes characters only appearing in the movie. 6 different characters:

Super Saiyan Broly Full Power
Broly Anger
Character A
Character B
Character C
Son Goku (winter clothes).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:23 pm

More unlisted characters, huh?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Banpresto final September versions and dates

Absolute Perfection Goku (DBZ) 5/9:

WCF BURST 6/9:

FES Stage 7 13/9:

Absolute Perfection Vegeta (DBZ) 19/9:

Transcendence art SSGSS Vegeta 27/9;

Overseas SMSP SS4 Goku The Brush:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Adverge 9 scan:

I've never bought one, does the quality usually match the product images?
These are cute, I might pick some up.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

I've never actually owned any, the big put off for me is how tiny they are!

Incidently here the full December Bandai candy scans:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The wafer stickers are complete placeholder from a previous set, Bandai do that all the time with stickers/card candy set scans they never show any thing new from the set but just place holders from previous ones.

I already post Banpresto scans, Bandai gashapon scans may aswell their candy scans too!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:33 am

Ichiban Kuji VS Existence 22/9:

Prize A:

Prize B (mugs):

Prize C (small plates):

Prize D (artboards):

LO Prize:

DC Prize (limited to 30 pieces same as LO prize):

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:09 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

I bought Pan and Bra from the Adverge Children line. The quality is really good but they're so tiny! Each one basically fits inside a quarter. If you have any of the WCF adult characters, the Adverge Kids are almost perfect scale next to them

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:05 pm

ImageUltra Instinct Market Update:

March Ichiban Kuji- ¥10,000-12,000

March Saiyans Bravery WCF- ¥1,800-2,000

March UDM #30 UI Gashapon- ¥600-880

March Adverge 7- ¥2,194-2300

March Shodo- ¥4,500-4,800

April- DXF SWSP ¥2080-2300

April VS Gashapon- ¥1,500-1,800

April UDM #31 UI "Omen" Gashapon-¥1,200-1,300

May Ichiban Kuji ¥4,000-4300

May Ichiban Kuji UI "Omen" LO Prize- ¥4,500-4800

May Wafer Sticker- ¥2,000
Gold Rare UI Goku-¥5,500
Feb Goku vs JIren Secret Rare UI Goku-¥3,000

June BWFC SPECIAL- ¥1,800-2,000 (going up)

June Wafer Cards:
22 UI Goku (one with Jiren) ¥1,709
SR UI Goku ¥2,600-2,800

July Grandista UI (Japan version)- ¥2,200-2,500

August Shikishi Art 6:
UI "Omen"- ¥1,580
UI- ¥1,990-2,300

Wow. UI is ridiculously popular! Holy crap. Next month we have FES, more gashapons and then WCD in October (aswell as Ichiban Kuji re-release) and more gashapon in November and more wafer stickers in the coming months too. UI is gonna be the next SSGSS they are just gonna bank roll this form!