Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:35 am

October final versions/dates:

4/10/18 Absolute Perfection Trunks 15cm:

11/10/18 G&G Lunch 25cm:

16/10/18 BoS SPECIAL 20cm:

18/10/18 WCD Vol.2 10cm:

25/10/18 Grandista Gohan 20cm:

Better look at December Bandai Candy stuff:

Adverge 9:

Wafer Stickers (will also do SDBH characters):

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:04 am

I nearly thought Broly was a LSSJ3 for a minute there. The hairstyle reminded me of it a bit. Lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:42 am

September Ichiban Kuji (starts officially 22/9) boxes & packaging:

Overseas version, appropriate logo:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 am

Well today just keeps on giving! Making up for that day or so earlier in the week were there was a lull :lol: Managed to find IRL pics of October's DBL Ichiban Kuji Small Prizes:

Ring Holder:
Glasses:
Small plates and art boards:

Holy crap. I need that UI Goku art board! Looks incredible!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 20/09/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:22 pm

I don't think super buff characters translate into Figure-rise model kits very well.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 20/09/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:49 pm

This one actually looks kinda cool to me. Granted, I bet the final version won’t be this good, but if by some miracle it is, I might end up picking this up since they haven’t announced a date for the new Broly Figuarts yet

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:31 am

So i take it Broly is the only other character that gets this much merchandise beside Goku and Vegeta right?

Just how many different pieces of merchandise have they sold already of new Broly?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 am

Figure-rise Broly looks pretty great! I wonder if any of his parts will be interchangeable with the old Broly?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:36 am

Full VS Existence interview with Nakzawa, Ren and Watanabe is up online meaning we can Google translate, I posted a page scan of it a few weeks ago:

https://bpnavi.jp/s/kuji/sp/medias/show_by_key/db_vsex

Importantly Nakazawa I think confirmed the second VS Existence will be Vegeta squeezing Cell's neck...?
──新シリーズ「VS EXISTENCE」がスタートしましたが、今後、作ってみたいモチーフはありますか?
中澤:あれじゃない、ベジータがセルの首絞めているシーンとか。
蓮:2体セットですよね。
Sure why not.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:08 pm

Full Kura Sushi Limited UDM's:

More new (non movie) stationary promo art:

Looks like they finally ditched shit promo artist!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: More new (non movie) stationary promo art:
Bout time! Guess they still can't decide on SSBE Vegeta's hair color, huh? :lol:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:45 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: More new (non movie) stationary promo art:
Bout time! Guess they still can't decide on SSBE Vegeta's hair color, huh? :lol:
Also no promo image depicts him with a darker gi. Problem is Yamamuro's sheet vs final anime. Hopefully with the Dokkan Kuji in Feb they can get the SSGSS.E Vegeta right. They won't have had the full year cycle that figures usually take since Bandai S was formed in April so they would have been seen SSGSS.E debut in the anime rather than rely on the sheets.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:29 pm

My WCF Mira Blanco arrived today. He's real big. :o Also, his hair and fur aren't nearly as white as they looked in the promotional art. They're more of an ash grey color.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:06 am

ArchedThunder wrote:That UI Goku on the box looks rough.
He looks a lot better out of box:
BlueBasilisk wrote:My WCF Mira Blanco arrived today. He's real big. :o Also, his hair and fur aren't nearly as white as they looked in the promotional art. They're more of an ash grey color.
Nice. Funny thing is in Japan it's more money for your buck to get the whole set of 5 than Mira on his own, the set of 5 costs just under 3000yen meanwhile Mira is about 1500yen on his own! Same for the previous SDBH WCF set with SS4 Broly.

But this is actually a concern I have, SDBH figure merch.... crashes hard on the after market... like a lot. Not even SSGSS could save it, last month's Transcendence art Goku dropped to between 500 and 700yen! SDBH WCFs are like always super cheap and those Skill Figures that Bandai started releasing even those have gone to about 1000yen for the set of 6 despite being 400yen a pop from the gashapon machines. Obviously SDBH is all about the cards and it's pretty obvious with how poor the figure merch does on the after market, it does make sense since figure merch is primarlily aimed at 15 yr olds meanwhile SDBH demographic is 6 yr olds.

For the latest UDM set this month, Bandai know and know people don't give a shit about Ginyu force that both Jeice and Broly Dark were under ratio this month.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:That UI Goku on the box looks rough.
He looks a lot better out of box:
Are his pupils the same color as his skin?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:03 am

Another late December addition from Bandai:

DB New Item A (Dragon Ball Super: Broly)

Wonder what it could be...? No doubt something relating to Gogeta :think: maybe a Figure-ise? Supposed to be retailing for 3,456yen.

=======
ArchedThunder wrote: Are his pupils the same color as his skin?
Bandai for UDMs have basically cut all corners when it comes to painting them now, anything that requires a bit of effort (pupils, boots, nails etc) they don't bother anymore. Sucks because UDMs used to be so good for the price.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Another late December addition from Bandai:

Wonder what it could be...? No doubt something relating to Gogeta :think: maybe a Figure-ise? Supposed to be retailing for 3,456yen.
This isn't the Figure-rise Standard Broly that just got announced, is it? If not it'd make sense to be Gogeta to go with him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:16 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:

This isn't the Figure-rise Standard Broly that just got announced, is it? If not it'd make sense to be Gogeta to go with him.
Nah Broly got a separate listing with a Jan release date and RRP of 5,184yen however one website has this new item also under the sub heading of "プラモデル" which is "Plastic Model" so yeah looking very likely it's a Figure-rise of Gogeta!

Well get rest of Bandai's January plans later in the week, curious if they can keep a busy schedule.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Nah Broly got a separate listing with a Jan release date and RRP of 5,184yen however one website has this new item also under the sub heading of "プラモデル" which is "Plastic Model" so yeah looking very likely it's a Figure-rise of Gogeta!

Well get rest of Bandai's January plans later in the week, curious if they can keep a busy schedule.
Had any merch come out that hints about the ending to the new movie?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.