Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:11 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: More December Ensky merch, gum puzzles:
Ahh, now there's some good promo art. :thumbup:
Buckle up we're only getting starting! :P Next month we're gonna get a crap tonne of promo art (along most of the figure reveals) we should get the rest of the Shikishi arts, the rest of the chibi Wafer Stickers, the Ichiban Kuji (which include 10 different art canvas, 10 different posters and 3 different small plate designs), SDBH art in Vjump & gashapon art (ie UDM #35 unkown if Bandai will use promo art for HG #01-02).

Big month ahead! Should be very exciting! :D

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Out today WCD Vol.2:
Hmm, I may try to pick this up sometime, so I should probably ask - did the first set significantly raise in price at any point? Should I attempt to grab it sooner than later or does it not really make a difference if I wait?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Out today WCD Vol.2:
Hmm, I may try to pick this up sometime, so I should probably ask - did the first set significantly raise in price at any point? Should I attempt to grab it sooner than later or does it not really make a difference if I wait?
Waiting is fine. The first set (came out in July) actually went down in price in Japan and right now the first set has settled around ¥3000. (Pre order price in Japan was ¥4500).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:24 pm

I have no idea who the artist is on those puzzles, it doesn't appear to be Good Promo artist and it certainly isn't Bad Promo artist, looks like we might have a new artist.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I have no idea who the artist is on those puzzles, it doesn't appear to be Good Promo artist and it certainly isn't Bad Promo artist, looks like we might have a new artist.
I've never seen anyone draw the sort of expression that Frieza is making. That's one hell of a face. :lol:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:50 am

Marlowe89 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: More December Ensky merch, gum puzzles:
Ahh, now there's some good promo art. :thumbup:
Why is LSSJ Broly’s hair yellow like an ordinary Super Saiyan?? This shouldn’t be. It should be greenish.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:12 am

Fuji TV Excl movie merch, nice variety of promo art...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:16 am

That Skytree promotion, here is the movie merch for it:
Gum puzzles will be sold in a box of 8 with 4 different types, so one left to be revealed, plus HQ image of the first:

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:BWFC Vol.1&2 coloured:
Frieza is so chad like.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:55 am

Better look at Dokkan Kuji :Image

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:24 am

Okay, so Vegeta does have his pupils. He looks decently buff, like maybe they made the mold specifically to be used for both figures and one isn't just a repaint of the other.
UI smiling is weird, did Goku ever smile in that form?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:06 pm

Next sets of Bandai America's Dragon Stars (only 2 will be movie related):

=====
ArchedThunder wrote:Okay, so Vegeta does have his pupils. He looks decently buff, like maybe they made the mold specifically to be used for both figures and one isn't just a repaint of the other.
Nope I don't think so. Bandai also made him smirk for next month's UDM too, very odd indeed.

Anyway we're getting 5 new moulds here including the TBA Collab figure, October's had 4, May had 6 (but they were smaller scale) so I am now thinking December's movie one that Theatrical New Character B will not just be another Gogeta if that is genuinely a different character then the total new moulds would be the standard 4. So maybe it might be someone like Bardock after all. Well not long till we find out! Less than month.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Next sets of Bandai America's Dragon Stars (only 2 will be movie related):

=====
ArchedThunder wrote:Okay, so Vegeta does have his pupils. He looks decently buff, like maybe they made the mold specifically to be used for both figures and one isn't just a repaint of the other.
Nope I don't think so. Bandai also made him smirk for next month's UDM too, very odd indeed.

Anyway we're getting 5 new moulds here including the TBA Collab figure, October's had 4, May had 6 (but they were smaller scale) so I am now thinking December's movie one that Theatrical New Character B will not just be another Gogeta if that is genuinely a different character then the total new moulds would be the standard 4. So maybe it might be someone like Bardock after all. Well not long till we find out! Less than month.
Wait, so its possible that Gogeta won’t be using 2 forms? And the 2 mystery characters were differnt characters all along?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:23 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait, so its possible that Gogeta won’t be using 2 forms? And the 2 mystery characters were differnt characters all along?
Bandai's listings still imply he will (Movie character A1 & A2, & UG #09 one character having two colour differences)

However for the Ichiban Kuji they may decide that since they have extra mould to play with (pun not intended) that instead of releasing another Gogeta they may use the opportunity to release say a Bardock or someone else. I am still expecting another Gogeta for the Kuji but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed another character.

But like I said all our speculation comes to end in about 3 weeks basically. Not long left. Excited and nervous at the same time aha.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:25 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Wait, so its possible that Gogeta won’t be using 2 forms? And the 2 mystery characters were differnt characters all along?
Bandai's listings still imply he will (Movie character A1 & A2, & UG #09 one character having two colour differences)

However for the Ichiban Kuji they may decide that since they have extra mould to play with (pun not intended) that instead of releasing another Gogeta they may use the opportunity to release say a Bardock or someone else. I am still expecting another Gogeta for the Kuji but I wouldn't be surprised if it was indeed another character.

But like I said all our speculation comes to end in about 3 weeks basically. Not long left. Excited and nervous at the same time aha.
So if they have extra mold to use, does that mean that rules out the chance of a new character being the mystery character B if it isn’t Gogeta? Because if it was a new character, they would need a whole new mould.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

So if they have extra mold to use, does that mean that rules out the chance of a new character being the mystery character B if it isn’t Gogeta? Because if it was a new character, they would need a whole new mould.
Oh I see where the confusion is by extra mould I meant extra new mould, they had 3 different moulds for Goku/Gogeta/Broly and since 4 new moulds is the usual limit they have one extra new one they can use for another character. Does that make sense now?

So if it isn't another Gogeta it will definitely be a different character from the other 3 in the Kuji.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Bandai's listings still imply he will (Movie character A1 & A2, & UG #09 one character having two colour differences)

Oh I see where the confusion is by extra mould I meant extra new mould, they had 3 different moulds for Goku/Gogeta/Broly and since 4 new moulds is the usual limit they have one extra new one they can use for another character. Does that make sense now?

So if it isn't another Gogeta it will definitely be a different character from the other 3 in the Kuji.
Now i get it. Yeah they seem to be pushing Bardock in terms of key characters in the movie. Like Bardock reps the part of the movie thats in the past, Broly reps the present part, and Gogeta reps the final battle part. So yeah, if its not a new character or Gogeta, i think Bardock is definitely the 4th character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Next sets of Bandai America's Dragon Stars (only 2 will be movie related):
Since there's no telling when Bandai will get around to making an SSJ4 Figuarts, I'll have to settle with this. Any idea when will be released?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:54 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Now i get it. Yeah they seem to be pushing Bardock in terms of key characters in the movie. Like Bardock reps the part of the movie thats in the past, Broly reps the present part, and Gogeta reps the final battle part. So yeah, if its not a new character or Gogeta, i think Bardock is definitely the 4th character.
Yup exactly my thinking too, only sucky thing will be Character B won't be released overseas and movie hype might push prices up /: so in one sense I am hoping it is another Gogeta form lol but a Bardock:BR Kuji figure would be sweet!
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Since there's no telling when Bandai will get around to making an SSJ4 Figuarts, I'll have to settle with this. Any idea when will be released?
Q1 2019.