Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:36 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SDBH Styling figures?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:12 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dragon Stars Gogeta:

What the hell at those biceps...
They're misassembled, and put on backwards it looks like.

Broly's arm anatomy looks off though. His biceps go up too high on the shoulder, and they flare outwards towards the top of the joint, which is weird.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:40 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:SDBH Styling figures?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
It's probably the Kuji's afterall. Since they've been displayed overseas means they will be released so. Though since it's SDBH means these are likely to tank in Japan so might be cheaper importing it after all.

The only one that looks good is Gogeta. Rest look fairly meh to me.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:53 pm

If the SDBH figures sell so poorly why do they keep doing them? I don't get it.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:18 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:If the SDBH figures sell so poorly why do they keep doing them? I don't get it.
Because Bandai want to keep getting blood from a stone. They want to make SDBH mirror main series success because well just look at the Movie HG fusion set for example ¥10k sold out it's first batch of reservations.

Main series stuff nowadays is aimed at 15+ market, meanwhile SDBH is primarily 6+. This stupid cross marketing thing Bandai do obviously won't work but they never learn. Look at the Kuji they've raised ticket price to ¥680 becuase they deep down know, the same way whenever SDBH stuff plagues DBS gashapons they are usually rare-r in ratio.

SDBH DXF were doing bad so Banpresto did this all Transcendence Art thing promoting it as a veteran sculptor is doing this etc and after the Goku (which folks were practically giving away for free on the after market) subsequent case orders dwindled. The WCF seems to be the only thing SDBH related that does decently, so I am not surprised that is continuing. Don't forget the Transcendence Art played it all safe too with DBS characters.

Bandai even did this whole Skills Figures thing to get well I guess the SDBH market into figures and even they haven't done that well.

This promotional anime I think was a latest attempt at bringing the main series crowd but it seemingly had the opposite effect ironically enough. DBS being off the air went from strength to strength during the year and with Broly it just blew up. SDBH is just never ever gonna compete with that and Bandai need to accept that and concentrate on it being a video/card game Heroes is good at what it does I get it's Bandai's love child but it seriously is f**king annoying now these constant atrempts, the use of DBS logo to attract etc etc just getting to the point now I am getting over being angry just accepting that Bandai will never stop. /:

It just seems at times Bandai is pissed off DBS is a success, the little of actual merchandising the show has had yet Bandai keep flaunting it's logo around.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Pictures from other angles

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:30 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Pictures from other angles
They all look so woeful. I just can't get behind Vegetto SS4 design looks so atrocious compared to SS4 Gogeta and the design doesn't translate well as a figure at all imo, the bangs are terrible. Similar DBS Vegetto is meh too I don't like the bang mould either on that. UI Goku not a fan of the pose or hair mould. Masked Saiyan just looks so stupid that pose. Gogeta is easily the best of this bunch.

Wonder what the Collab figure will be.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:38 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Pictures from other angles
that vegito is beast

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:If the SDBH figures sell so poorly why do they keep doing them? I don't get it.
Because Bandai want to keep getting blood from a stone. They want to make SDBH mirror main series success because well just look at the Movie HG fusion set for example ¥10k sold out it's first batch of reservations.

Main series stuff nowadays is aimed at 15+ market, meanwhile SDBH is primarily 6+. This stupid cross marketing thing Bandai do obviously won't work but they never learn. Look at the Kuji they've raised ticket price to ¥680 becuase they deep down know, the same way whenever SDBH stuff plagues DBS gashapons they are usually rare-r in ratio.

SDBH DXF were doing bad so Banpresto did this all Transcendence Art thing promoting it as a veteran sculptor is doing this etc and after the Goku (which folks were practically giving away for free on the after market) subsequent case orders dwindled. The WCF seems to be the only thing SDBH related that does decently, so I am not surprised that is continuing. Don't forget the Transcendence Art played it all safe too with DBS characters.

Bandai even did this whole Skills Figures thing to get well I guess the SDBH market into figures and even they haven't done that well.

This promotional anime I think was a latest attempt at bringing the main series crowd but it seemingly had the opposite effect ironically enough. DBS being off the air went from strength to strength during the year and with Broly it just blew up. SDBH is just never ever gonna compete with that and Bandai need to accept that and concentrate on it being a video/card game Heroes is good at what it does I get it's Bandai's love child but it seriously is f**king annoying now these constant atrempts, the use of DBS logo to attract etc etc just getting to the point now I am getting over being angry just accepting that Bandai will never stop. /:

It just seems at times Bandai is pissed off DBS is a success, the little of actual merchandising the show has had yet Bandai keep flaunting it's logo around.
I don't think they're pissed and Super has had a lot of merchandise, but lots of annoying things missing on the figures side.
I guess they mainly want their own personal successful DB series that they have full control over.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:45 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I don't think they're pissed and Super has had a lot of merchandise, but lots of annoying things missing on the figures side.
I guess they mainly want their own personal successful DB series that they have full control over.
What I mean is most of what DBS should have got for the not obvious big things were filled by SDBH crap. For example the first (and only) proper ToP themed UDM set had the obvious Goku and Vegeta but they also added #17 and Freeza and for the final slot they added an SDBH char.... that's the problem they weren't exactly short of characters.

Toei have given them so much to work with for DBS and Toei do send them info ahead of time. Most of the time Bandai just aren't interested.

Going a bit off topic I hate how they brought UI back in SDBH and just shows Heroes doesn't get DB thankfully Toriyama didn't for Broly.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:01 am

Kind of wish we got a full size Cumber figure over ANOTHER MUI Goku. I get that it's the hottest form but it would be nice to see the main antagonist of the series thus far get some love.

SSJ4 Vegito and Masked Bardock are nice additions though. Quality notwithstanding

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:56 am

June Bandai Candy scans again Wafer scan has previous volumes stickers:

June WCD Vol.3 comes out "Week 4" but since the 1st June is a Saturday it's really Week 3.

Next week June Gashapon scans and we are all done with scans.

Prize Fair tomorrow. I am over Gogeta, just want confirmation of battle damaged Vegeta. No real expectations for the new DBS line. Fair will show off figures up to September, nothing in September scheduled so be interesting to see what's scheduled, next Grandista? FES? BoS? Main Series WCF/D?

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 am

I'm hoping we'll be able to guess what's gonna happen with the series tomorrow.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:54 am

FlpShimizu wrote:I'm hoping we'll be able to guess what's gonna happen with the series tomorrow.
Hopefully we should (as long as Banpresto don't forbid photos of certain figures!) two things we are looking for:
a) August Tag Fighters is almost definitely movie related see we need to watch out if it has the movie tags, "劇場版", "映画"
b) If the new DBS line is all movie related and again if it does or doesn't have the movie tags.

If a doesn't have the movie tag then I'd say there is a high chance of a retelling but if b is also all movie related and also no movie tag then imo that is the clincher that will all but confirm it. I don't see otherwise why they would drop the movie tag, especially when they have added it for April Grandista and May (though likely delayed) Gigantic Series Gogeta.

We also need to watch out for the provisional tag "仮" if a line has this means the title isn't finalised yet so we can't really infer anything from it.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:40 am

That is a nice piece of info! Thanks!

These tags are more reliable than the labels they end up putting on the boxes, right? Cause they seem to put DBS labels everywhere, even when they cearly shouldn't.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:10 am

FlpShimizu wrote:That is a nice piece of info! Thanks!

These tags are more reliable than the labels they end up putting on the boxes, right? Cause they seem to put DBS labels everywhere, even when they cearly shouldn't.
More or less yeah, from Banpresto the Dokkan SS4 Vegeta and last November's Legend Collab KMH Goku* both didn't have DBS in their final titles but did have the DBS logo on the boxes, with the exception of the FES line those are the only instances I can recall when Banpresto have done that. Bandai however regardless of what they label things will always slap DBS logo everywhere... (next months Fighters Kuji does have the DBS logo afterall...)

*I totally forgot about this August's Legends Collab Gogeta. If that is movie Gogeta and provided everything else in previous post happens then I think this will 99% confirm a retelling. The only worry is Banpresto have stopped photo's of certain figures last couple of fairs due to prototype stage for example, in 53rd Prize Far they blocked people taking photo's of Dokkan SS4 Vegeta & Tag Fighters Goku Freeza. 54th Prize Fair stopped FES 10, BoS SS4 Vegeta and SDBH Trunks. So we may have to end up waiting for scans after all to confirm things.

Let's what tomorrow brings!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:35 am

Bunch of images coming in.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these are the Goku and Vegeta figures we are keeping an eye out for, correct?

Anyways... So much damn Z stuff...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:19 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Bunch of images coming in.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these are the Goku and Vegeta figures we are keeping an eye out for, correct?

Anyways... So much damn Z stuff...
Nope. Tag Fighters wasn't allowed to be shown....

It's official we can't infer anything afterall.

Also what was the point of making new line DBS when it's Z crap? So much SS these are not gonna do well.

Edit- FES 10:

Lools like that is all we getting. SDBH WCF weren't allowed to take photos of either.

Confirmed via Banpresto twitter, Vegetto is suppsoed to go with Gotenks and Gohan will go with a Piccolo.

STILL DON'T KNOW WHY THIS IS DBS BRANDED!!!!!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:34 am

Better look at May HG #03 Gashapon
June Gashapon stuff next week. After the shit Prize Fair and previous Gashapon months expecting nothing but disappointment again. If so what a lame summer we are gonna have! :roll:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:32 pm

Gotta admit, that Goku with an effect piece looks pretty good. The GT Goku is also good but that pose wasn't that well thought, looks...awkward to see the least, especially having him looking upwards instead of downwards as the promo shots had.