Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 am

September WCF ~Burst~ anyone hoping for anything knew... Get ready for... Disappointment!!!!

A bunch of Goku's incl SSGSS (hoping for at least the blue shirt SSGSS look)
Vegeta
Freeza
Gohan
Broly.

Yay... :roll:

Let's hope the FES Stage 9 can spring a surprise, left over Goku forms incl SS2, SSG, "Omen" and UI. But now we know FES can incl fusions so expect Vegetto to pop up some time too. Hoping for SSG and UI but we'll see...

Also September IBK yet to be revealed... Based on the WCF not holding my breath for anything but the usual.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:24 am

Isn't there any Nº17 figure coming up? I have only seen a couple of gashapons, but I would like a DXF or something like that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:23 am

Nafno wrote:Isn't there any Nº17 figure coming up? I have only seen a couple of gashapons, but I would like a DXF or something like that.
Nope. The sad truth is despite winning the ToP those are best #17 will probably get when it comes to figures.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:01 am

Not DBS related per se but some great news nonetheless Shintaro Takahashi aka Urota sculpted the August DB Match Makers, he is of One Piece fame and most recently winning the OP BWFC with this figure. He did do a D.O.D Trunks for Megahouse but that was years ago and hadn't done anything DB releated for Banpresto

With Goku's eyes you can see Urota tried to bring it back to the older designs! Also bodes well hopefully sculpters will try and match the new movie designs!

All we need now is for Kozo to come back to DB. But nevertheless 2018 keeps getting strong hopefully Urota can do some DBS specific stuff hopefully for the movie later! Exciting times!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:September WCF ~Burst~ anyone hoping for anything knew... Get ready for... Disappointment!!!!

Vegeta
Freeza
Gohan
Broly.

Let's hope the FES Stage 9 can spring a surprise, left over Goku forms incl SS2, SSG, "Omen" and UI. But now we know FES can incl fusions so expect Vegetto to pop up some time too. Hoping for SSG and UI but we'll see...

Also September IBK yet to be revealed... Based on the WCF not holding my breath for anything but the usual.
Any photos/details on these yet?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:September WCF ~Burst~ anyone hoping for anything knew... Get ready for... Disappointment!!!!

Vegeta
Freeza
Gohan
Broly.

Prototype pictures for September releases won't get revealed until another month, sometime around mid May. As for details Gohan is apparently gonna be SS2 but don't quote me on that just yet, if it is SS2 then it'd likely be Gohan from Cell arc.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:

Vegeta
Freeza
Gohan
Broly.

Prototype pictures for September releases won't get revealed until another month, sometime around mid May. As for details Gohan is apparently gonna be SS2 but don't quote me on that just yet, if it is SS2 then it'd likely be Gohan from Cell arc.
Damn, there's already so much SSJ2 Cell arc Gohan. I get he's popular but I'd still like to see other, less common stuff come about.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote: Any photos/details on these yet?
Damn, there's already so much SSJ2 Cell arc Gohan. I get he's popular but I'd still like to see other, less common stuff come about.
Sadly that's the merch department in a nutshell once something is popular they refuse to budge. Gohan despite being on the main KV's for regular DBS merch has barley had anything specific released for him. So if it is an SS(2) Gohan then I hope it is in Goku's gi as that would be something new. But seeing SS2 immediately you know it's gonna be Cell arc Gohan.

I don't like Pre Buu arc Gohan much but sadly there hasn't been a good adult Gohan figure.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Prototype pictures for September releases won't get revealed until another month, sometime around mid May. As for details Gohan is apparently gonna be SS2 but don't quote me on that just yet, if it is SS2 then it'd likely be Gohan from Cell arc.
Sadly that's the merch department in a nutshell once something is popular they refuse to budge. Gohan despite being on the main KV's for regular DBS merch has barley had anything specific released for him. So if it is an SS(2) Gohan then I hope it is in Goku's gi as that would be something new. But seeing SS2 immediately you know it's gonna be Cell arc Gohan.

I don't like Pre Buu arc Gohan much but sadly there hasn't been a good adult Gohan figure.
The best one I can think of was done for Kai but that's so long ago now. Was hoping they would do more Ultimate Gohan figures since they could... take the easy way out and just swap heads on a Goku body, lol. So far it's just been WCF, the HG series, Shodo and other small things like Adverge. I'd be content with at least a Resolution of Soldiers figure or some larger statue.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:

The best one I can think of was done for Kai but that's so long ago now. Was hoping they would do more Ultimate Gohan figures since they could... take the easy way out and just swap heads on a Goku body, lol. So far it's just been WCF, the HG series, Shodo and other small things like Adverge. I'd be content with at least a Resolution of Soldiers figure or some larger statue.
Yeah I know which one you're on about and yeah it looks decent but I don't like the base much so been waiting and considering he had relevancy again the U.S arc I was like cool we'll get some Gohan stuff... Sadly not he's a Saiyan too so I dunno what they've been doing!

As for big stuff I won't count on it that's reserved for Goku, Vegeta and now Goku Black! Sadly they're not gonna release a premium big figure that's not those three.

Hell the DBS May IBK Gohan is the only one there not to DBS related, at least Gotenks appeared in SS3 once in DBS. Again Cell arc Gohan as soon as I saw the listing for SS2 Gohan I knew it was gonna be Cell arc one and sure enough!

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Sadly that's the merch department in a nutshell once something is popular they refuse to budge. Gohan despite being on the main KV's for regular DBS merch has barley had anything specific released for him. So if it is an SS(2) Gohan then I hope it is in Goku's gi as that would be something new. But seeing SS2 immediately you know it's gonna be Cell arc Gohan.

Yeah I know which one you're on about and yeah it looks decent but I don't like the base much so been waiting and considering he had relevancy again the U.S arc I was like cool we'll get some Gohan stuff... Sadly not he's a Saiyan too so I dunno what they've been doing!

As for big stuff I won't count on it that's reserved for Goku, Vegeta and now Goku Black! Sadly they're not gonna release a premium big figure that's not those three.

Hell the DBS May IBK Gohan is the only one there not to DBS related, at least Gotenks appeared in SS3 once in DBS. Again Cell arc Gohan as soon as I saw the listing for SS2 Gohan I knew it was gonna be Cell arc one and sure enough!
Lol yeah I saw that... and I kind of shook my head because as you said everyone else is tied to Super while SS2 Gohan isn't. Guess popularity of that particular version is outweighing logic at this point.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nafno wrote:Isn't there any Nº17 figure coming up? I have only seen a couple of gashapons, but I would like a DXF or something like that.
Nope. The sad truth is despite winning the ToP those are best #17 will probably get when it comes to figures.
Why is that? Do they only make saiyans? I also wanted a good Hit figure and it never came. It is weird because we are talking about very popular characters that would sell well, I think.

WCF is the best thing I know for variety of characters, but they are very small and can be expensive in comparison (and also no 17 yet).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Nafno wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Why is that? Do they only make saiyans? I also wanted a good Hit figure and it never came. It is weird because we are talking about very popular characters that would sell well, I think.

WCF is the best thing I know for variety of characters, but they are very small and can be expensive in comparison (and also no 17 yet).
Sadly the WCF are also now basically all Saiyans too. /:

Anyway, I made a massive post a while ago, that answer your questions regarding the Merch!

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Thanks, very well explained. I am not necessarily a big figure collector (though I have hundreds overall, they've been pilling up since I was a child), but I like to have some of my favourite characters from the sagas, so it is a shame.

Man, I do miss the Imagination and Megahouse lines. They released several figures portraying some scenes from the manga when the manga was completely finished, to the point that they started making some not so iconic scenes (Gokuh in shorts taking a Dragon Ball or Piccolo escaping from a Freezer's attack come to my mind). And now that they have tons of new scenes to work on, they just don't.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Nafno wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nope. The sad truth is despite winning the ToP those are best #17 will probably get when it comes to figures.

Sadly the WCF are also now basically all Saiyans too. /:

Anyway, I made a massive post a while ago, that answer your questions regarding the Merch!
Really helpful post, thanks for sharing.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:44 am

I really wish we could get some nice sculpture style figures for some of the Super stuff that we are still missing. Blue Evolved Vegeta, Toppo, GoD Toppo, Shirtless Jiren, Hit, 17 and so on. Hopefully they are better about getting figures out when DB returns to TV and stop leaning so heavily on Z merch.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:46 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I really wish we could get some nice sculpture style figures for some of the Super stuff that we are still missing. Blue Evolved Vegeta, Toppo, GoD Toppo, Shirtless Jiren, Hit, 17 and so on. Hopefully they are better about getting figures out when DB returns to TV and stop leaning so heavily on Z merch.
And so many Goku figures... Sheesh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:32 am

Nafno wrote:Thanks, very well explained. I am not necessarily a big figure collector (though I have hundreds overall, they've been pilling up since I was a child), but I like to have some of my favourite characters from the sagas, so it is a shame.

Man, I do miss the Imagination and Megahouse lines. They released several figures portraying some scenes from the manga when the manga was completely finished, to the point that they started making some not so iconic scenes (Gokuh in shorts taking a Dragon Ball or Piccolo escaping from a Freezer's attack come to my mind). And now that they have tons of new scenes to work on, they just don't.
Megahouse have completely vanished from DB and when they do pop up it's for awful high end products like their D.O.D. which is okay for non Saiyan characters but whoever's idea it was to give figures actual fabric for clothing needs to look at themselves. Woeful decision in my opinion they look awful.

Bandai started a "Scene Selection" line for DBS which I was like okay cool it's something and then ended it after one volume... Then months later started their DBS VS set with volume 1 however the actual gashapon didn't look like the proto pics they looked like bootlegs Japanese fans complained about it so Bandai re-released the set labelled as SP01 however the only thing that really was improved was the paint job, fortunately the DBS VS line has improved from volume #02 onwards but unfortunately from #02 they've started to include non DBS stuff...

Sculptor Varoq said he missed some of Bandai's older gashapon's too with the DG line back from Kai being the best for a gashapon but now it seems Bandai have made DG quality for their premium HG sets which means they're charging more. /:
Kagari wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:I really wish we could get some nice sculpture style figures for some of the Super stuff that we are still missing. Blue Evolved Vegeta, Toppo, GoD Toppo, Shirtless Jiren, Hit, 17 and so on. Hopefully they are better about getting figures out when DB returns to TV and stop leaning so heavily on Z merch.
And so many Goku figures... Sheesh.
I love Goku like a lot. But even I get fed up with how much merch he gets lol. I mean they gave him his own figure line in the "Son Goku Festival" line but he still bleeds into other lines all the time, I thought the reason they gave him his own line was to stop that!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:51 am

Forgot to post this but full DP for VS 06 has finally been uploaded... Considering how long Bandai took to upload it was hoping it'd have actual art like the UDM DP's but alas.

Out 5th week of April. Disappointed Jiren isn't FP and exactly the same mould as #04 but has a closed fist... Because of that I don't expect Jiren to be sought after but definitely UI Goku I can definitely see that going up, fortunately I had the whole set on pre order for ¥1500.

Speaking of going up, if anyone manages to find another good deal for the DXF SWSP UI Goku I'd recommend getting another one and keeping it in storage, no doubt that's gonna go up especially being the first regular prize figure UI Goku, UI Goku stuff is literally keep on going up it's ridiculous, listings in excess of ¥2000 just for the tiny adverge. Ridiculous.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Forgot to post this but full DP for VS 06 has finally been uploaded... Considering how long Bandai took to upload it was hoping it'd have actual art like the UDM DP's but alas.

Out 5th week of April. Disappointed Jiren isn't FP and exactly the same mould as #04 but has a closed fist... Because of that I don't expect Jiren to be sought after but definitely UI Goku I can definitely see that going up, fortunately I had the whole set on pre order for ¥1500.

Speaking of going up, if anyone manages to find another good deal for the DXF SWSP UI Goku I'd recommend getting another one and keeping it in storage, no doubt that's gonna go up especially being the first regular prize figure UI Goku, UI Goku stuff is literally keep on going up it's ridiculous, listings in excess of ¥2000 just for the tiny adverge. Ridiculous.
Theres really no difference between casual jiren and FP jiren. I think you mean His limit breaking-like form. And its really weird that he isnt in anything outside of his 130 anime appearance.
Which really is disturbingly strange. Is he going to make an appearance in the movie? :lol: