Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by DasMuse » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:58 am

I don't know why exactly but that Masterlise Gogeta Blue really stuck out to me... Is that link shared for the blue version? I'm not liking the aesthetic of yellow SS hair on gogeta. But Black or Blue works so well. I now see why they chose the colors they did (black and orange) for Gogeta's outfit in the Janemba movie. I honestly never liked the colorway like that, but DBS Gogeta blue looks fantastic.
I'll also probably pick up the base gogeta in kamehameha charge pose. I wonder if he uses the final kamehameha as well, or if they have an alternate signature ki blast for him?

Also, Is that Gogeta warrior seal sticker from Vol. 10 or 11?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:50 am

DasMuse wrote:I don't know why exactly but that Masterlise Gogeta Blue really stuck out to me... Is that link shared for the blue version? I'm not liking the aesthetic of yellow SS hair on gogeta. But Black or Blue works so well. I now see why they chose the colors they did (black and orange) for Gogeta's outfit in the Janemba movie. I honestly never liked the colorway like that, but DBS Gogeta blue looks fantastic.
I'll also probably pick up the base gogeta in kamehameha charge pose. I wonder if he uses the final kamehameha as well, or if they have an alternate signature ki blast for him?

Also, Is that Gogeta warrior seal sticker from Vol. 10 or 11?
I think that is why SSGSS has remained this popular and why SS has dwindled to the point now base forms is now seen as more marketable than SS. I wouldn't be surprised if SSGSS and modern forms made people realise how dull SS is, it was the effect it had on me at least (I will only pick up SS stuff for supporting a sculptor's work). Like you say I think this is even more apparent with this Gogeta design the yellow trim jacket offsets well against the blue and black hair.

We're yet to get confirmation on the which one of the Kuji is being released overseas however considering they are releasing SSGSS Goku and not the SS recolour 99.99% likely that we will be getting Gogeta Blue.

As for Wafer Stickers it is vol,10 but they changed the name and added the the subtitle "The Strongest Saiyan" (ドラゴンボール超戦士シールウエハースZ最強のサイヤ人).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 pm

FULL DECEMBER SCHEDULE:

Wow, what a month! Who would have thought this when in 2013 there was barely any merch for BoG. Only 1 release delayed SDBH delayed by one week.
December 4th DBS: Broly Ichiban Kuji
December 5th Shintani KV Goku:
December 6th Shenron Plush (80cm):
December 8th SDBH Pocket Binder:
December 8th Figure-rise SSGSS/Base Gogeta:
December 11th Namco exclusive Dragon Balls & Gogeta KMH figures:
December 11th Ultimate Soldiers I Broly Anger:
December 11th VS #09:
December 13th WCF Vol.1:
December 17th Wafer Stickers "The Strongest Saiyan":
December 17th Puzzle Gum:
December 18th Ultimate Soldiers II SSGSS Goku:
December 18th UDM #35:
December 20th Ultimate Soldiers III SSGSS Vegeta:
December 21st HG #01:
December 22nd Adverge 9:
December 26th Full Colour T Shirt:
December 27th DBS SDBH #04:
December 31st (Still provisional?) Shikishi Art 7:

superfan2024
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:47 pm

Wow, they aren't hesitating at all with Gogeta. To think just one month ago he was hidden everywhere.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FULL DECEMBER SCHEDULE:

Wow, what a month! Who would have thought this when in 2013 there was barely any merch for BoG. Only 1 release delayed SDBH delayed by one week.
December 11th VS #09:
December 13th WCF Vol.1:
December 18th UDM #35:
December 21st HG #01:
December 22nd Adverge 9:

So much :0! Quite amusing that a month ago like SuperFan said, Gogeta was hidden from sight haha. Oh and that Prize G section... :thumbup: love those!

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FULL DECEMBER SCHEDULE:

December 11th VS #09:
December 13th WCF Vol.1:
December 18th UDM #35:
December 21st HG #01:
December 22nd Adverge 9:
Thanks for the update as always Baggie! Are the dates on these when they're available for preorder? Also, what does the Gogeta "KMH" stand for?
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.”
- Kamina

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:13 pm

DainIronfoot wrote: So much :0! Quite amusing that a month ago like SuperFan said, Gogeta was hidden from sight haha. Oh and that Prize G section... :thumbup: love those!
To think in 2013 all BoG got was one WCF Volume a week after the film in 2013 and that was it until 2014 (and the film came out in March!) I am glad they finally giving DB the simultaneous marketing treatment and quantity comparable to the love they showed One Piece over the years (ResF we had a bit of a better roll out compared to BoG BUT then One Piece Film Gold rolled out a year later and what they got was barely a fraction of what we had for ResF) and them basically not doing anything with DBS until 2017 was a total joke. But hopefully all that is in the past now!

Aye, Prize G canvas look great, was initally disappointed it wasn't new art specific for the film but considering the Kuji had less time to be planned compared to everything else makes sense they'd use existing materials for that.
EpicMew2 wrote: Thanks for the update as always Baggie! Are the dates on these when they're available for preorder? Also, what does the Gogeta "KMH" stand for?
Depends where you look as different sites and retailers have all sorts of different prices and dates etc which is why I only ever post Japanese dates. What are you specifically interested in?

KMH= Kamehameha I can never spell it right without googling so I always abbreviate it to KMH lol.

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:34 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote: So much :0! Quite amusing that a month ago like SuperFan said, Gogeta was hidden from sight haha. Oh and that Prize G section... :thumbup: love those!
To think in 2013 all BoG got was one WCF Volume a week after the film in 2013 and that was it until 2014 (and the film came out in March!) I am glad they finally giving DB the simultaneous marketing treatment and quantity comparable to the love they showed One Piece over the years (ResF we had a bit of a better roll out compared to BoG BUT then One Piece Film Gold rolled out a year later and what they got was barely a fraction of what we had for ResF) and them basically not doing anything with DBS until 2017 was a total joke. But hopefully all that is in the past now!

Aye, Prize G canvas look great, was initally disappointed it wasn't new art specific for the film but considering the Kuji had less time to be planned compared to everything else makes sense they'd use existing materials for that.
EpicMew2 wrote: Thanks for the update as always Baggie! Are the dates on these when they're available for preorder? Also, what does the Gogeta "KMH" stand for?
Depends where you look as different sites and retailers have all sorts of different prices and dates etc which is why I only ever post Japanese dates. What are you specifically interested in?

KMH= Kamehameha I can never spell it right without googling so I always abbreviate it to KMH lol.
Ah okay, I didn't even know they were the Japanese dates. Good to know. Funny enough the Kamehameha Gogeta is what I was looking at.

And good to know as well! Lol
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.”
- Kamina

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:49 pm

EpicMew2 wrote:
Ah okay, I didn't even know they were the Japanese dates. Good to know. Funny enough the Kamehameha Gogeta is what I was looking at.

Quite are few people are interested in that but those are not only not going to be released overseas it will be exclusive within in Japan itself! The last time they did that was back in June with these Treasure Rally WCF (game stations in Japan had exclusive rights to different sets) the result wasn't pretty as the WCFs were super expensive. i am talking like 10,000yen for one of the exclusive ones...

Have no idea what the prices for the Gogeta's will be but my limit is 3000yen (I can see them being way over this though /:)

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
EpicMew2 wrote:

Quite are few people are interested in that but those are not only not going to be released overseas it will be exclusive within in Japan itself! The last time they did that was back in June with these Treasure Rally WCF (game stations in Japan had exclusive rights to different sets) the result wasn't pretty as the WCFs were super expensive. i am talking like 10,000yen for one of the exclusive ones...

Have no idea what the prices for the Gogeta's will be but my limit is 3000yen (I can see them being way over this though /:)
I mean I know a few sites where I can get it straight from Japan if necessary or just use Buyee, or just prowl eBay for a good price.

That's... a lot of money. And for the WCFs too? That's ridiculous. Definitely won't be paying that much. I might cap out at 4000 myself, but I can see it skyrocketing too.
- Kamina

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
December 21st HG #01:

Am I able to pre-order these anywhere?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:32 pm

Galan007 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
December 21st HG #01:

Am I able to pre-order these anywhere?
At this point it's better waiting for the gashapons to come out and see what the prices are like on the aftermarket. Also since the Broly in that set is "rare" the others in that set should be significantly cheaper in comparison.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:42 pm

Better look at Namco exclusive Gogeta 18cm:

Masterlise 21cm:

Wafer Stickers:

Shikishi Art 7:

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 am

Dang, was the flood of new merch this excessive when Rof/BoG was coming out?
Feels over Reals.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:01 am

RedHeat wrote:Dang, was the flood of new merch this excessive when Rof/BoG was coming out?
BoG had basically absolutely nothing in 2013. It only started being marketed with merch properly in 2014... even then all it had in 2014 were 4 regular figures and a few WCF Volumes.

RF was a bit better in terms of marketing merch close to movie release across the April/May/June & overall bit more stuff than what we got for BoG.

DBS didn't get proper marketing until 2017.

Like I mentioned earlier One Piece would get so much love compared to DB when it came to merchandise that it felt unfair. It's took us over a half decade for them to realise DB is in need of as much love as One Piece gets. Hopefully stays this way!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:12 am

More Namco exclusive stuff Vinyl figures:

Ahh so these are them. Ehh.

Kuji PV:
https://youtu.be/cj7cttzroMk

Another Kuji scheduled for May. Find out end of this month.

Feb misc merch:

December Adverge:

March Adverge:
Vegeta bag to match the Goku one from a few pages ago:
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:32 am

What exactly are those long things? Are they posters?
- Kamina

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:42 am

Jesus the merch doesn't stop!

Tie in with some sort of restaurant.

Figure-rise packaging:

=============
EpicMew2 wrote:What exactly are those long things? Are they posters?
Towels!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:34 am

Ichiban Kuji has begun, packaging:
This month this thread is just gonna be insane. Everyone buckle up we're just starting!

Edit- More merch:
More Gogeta promo art:

Masterlise Gogeta IRL:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 am

Ichiban Kuji:
LO Prize:
G&F Prize:
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.