Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

I love the Broly figure, I really want it, I dig the Vegeta and the colors are super nice, but the Goku is kinda weak. His pose could be a but more dynamic like the others, his expression isn't as good and his hair is kinda off, the bangs especially look separate from the rest.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 16/07/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:49 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:I love the Broly figure, I really want it, I dig the Vegeta and the colors are super nice, but the Goku is kinda weak. His pose could be a but more dynamic like the others, his expression isn't as good and his hair is kinda off, the bangs especially look separate from the rest.
Yeah the Broly is phenomenal. As for Goku fortunately it is still in prototype phase. High chance it'll be touched up like the FES UI Goku:

Prototype:

Final Version:

Gi and boots coloured darker, the pose is more stable and the right boot now curved from the ankle.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 pm

I imagine the figures after the 3 we have for Ultimate Soldiers will be LSSJ Broly and anything else that they need to advertise, like UI or a fusion, if not then probably Freeza and something else.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:45 pm

September DBS Ichiban Kuji 22/9...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Little over midnight in Japan so officially Grandista UI day! Release of the summer! Cannot wait to get my hands on this!

Red Toei sticker version aka Honk Kong:
More or less same as Japan.

Overseas for comparison:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Damn, Goku looking good in his ultra instinct form. The figure looks great with silver hair. Can't wait for some movie figures.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:19 am

More:

Yeah this everything I hoped, amazing. Love how the eyes look like they're glowing! Grandista of NuBroly.... my god that would be great!

Black version:

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:22 am

The fact that the FES UI uses the UI Omen pose with full UI is actually so annoying for me. It's kind of iconic as UI Omen's first action. Ah, well. I got one of the Ichiban Kuji UIs, I probably won't get another.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am

Right so going to explain why I think the odds of UI/Fusions is now unlikely and why we will know more or less by September:

Context:
2015 ResF: 5 Chozousyu (regular prize figures at the time) scheduled from April through to July. However during the February 2015 Prize Fair which showcases figures from April to July the following was shown:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Only 2 Chozousyu figures were shown, Gohan and Piccolo no Goku, Freeza and Vegeta (despite them being scheduled before!). Furthermore the WCFs were also shown off however the 3 volumes all had some sort of blanks out.

Catalogue scans:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Bulma, Shishami,Golden Freeza blanked and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta had placeholder SS figures from a previous set. Incidentally Bulma was officially revealed in Feb and no less and had a new design so hence why she was blanked prior.

What all this means for the Broly movie?

Well, currently the movie has 4 regular prize figures scheduled and now have all been revealed. Odds are they would want to release UI or Fusions in December however there maybe a case of saving them for Jan which I will come on too. Now December also has an Ichiban Kuji lottery for the movie scheduled aswell as a WCF set. Now August, so a few weeks, catalogue scans will start appearing and like previous any spoilers that haven't been formally revealed will be blanked out. However, spoilers pertaining to Goku (and likely Vegeta and Broly) will be blanked but they will labelled, example Saiyans Bravery Vol.2 WCF as you can see "F" is blanked but on the right it has the kanji for "Son Goku". However fusions won't be labelled unlike those.
Also with the WCFs, Goku/Vegeta/Broly/Fusions will be over ratioed so like in the above example UI Goku is 14 and Gogeta is 12 (Veku is the anomaly). So if something is blanked but under ratiod then it isn't them but a new character (for ResF Golden Freeza was blanked at 14 but Shishami at 6)

Around the start of August the Jump Calendar will solicit Jan 19 figures and such, then we'll get catalogues of them early September and so on so by the time the movie comes out we'd have had catalogues for figures up until April 19 so we will 100000000000% know if the fusions or UI will be in the film by then or not as the clues will be very simple to piece.

September will also house a prize fair showing off figures from Jan to March 19 so anything spoiler-y will be not shown just like ResF and we can check these against the solicits (example this May's Prize Fair there were solicits for SDBH figure and WCF set but weren't shown and lo behold it was because it contained spoilers about Vegetto Blue!) and thus conclusions can be safely drawn. There is no way Banpresto won't release figures of UI and or fusions by Jan and so by September we will have the solicits, catalogues and prize fair for Jan stuff!

Bandai:

Bandai Gashapons unlike Banpresto catalogues are sent out the end of the month, so the end of this month we'll get November stuff and end of August December stuff etc etc. Like Banpresto they too will blank things that are spoilers. So like I did with UI we can further use these to help piece together the clues. (Bandai also blanked out a figure for an upcoming SDBH gashapon release no doubt Vegetto!).

As for Bandai's other stuff like they're "premium figures" it is uploaded whenever at their discretion when they ready.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:38 am

MozillaVulpix wrote:The fact that the FES UI uses the UI Omen pose with full UI is actually so annoying for me. It's kind of iconic as UI Omen's first action. Ah, well. I got one of the Ichiban Kuji UIs, I probably won't get another.
It is highly likely that the mould will get used for "Omen" if a FES Stage 9 is scheduled, Nakazawa usually uses what the pose came from after, for example for his Saiyan Saga KK Goku he first produced that in regular base before giving it Kaioken colouring (pose was obviously taken from that iconic Manga panel), for his Kid Goku he first produced it in the regular orange gi before this month producing it in the actual colours Toriyama drew it in. And his SS Goku he did it in 2 colourings before finally producing it in the actual colours from the original drawing.

The concern however will be if he gives "Omen" the blue shirt.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:02 am

Man the Grandista UI Goku is too perfect, I need that in my life. Also give us a Grandista SSB Evolution Vegeta and I shall be forever grateful :).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:54 pm

So everyone happy with how the OP layout is? I assume everyone would want the movie stuff at the top!

I was beginning to regret saving up for the movie once Broly was announced but I love all the designs and excited to get some movie merch!

Also this fell under the radar but next month's UDM THE BEST 26 final colouring:

Wth did they do to Zen-Oh's pants? Original colouring so much better. As usual the hair colouring on THE BEST releases so much better.

SuperNingenGod wrote:Man the Grandista UI Goku is too perfect, I need that in my life. Also give us a Grandista SSB Evolution Vegeta and I shall be forever grateful :).
That's the dream. Though I'll suspect they'll move onto movie stuff and NuBroly and I wouldn't be mad about that.

Still waiting for Bandai to upload the SSGSS.E Gigantic Series... :problem:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Hopefully this marks a turning point for SH Figuarts and they are no longer way behind the series.
Fingers crossed we get a Goku and Vegeta to go along with it, they can just be tweaked versions of existing sculpts and have optional Blue heads.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:58 pm

WCD comparison (Credit Bird) with WCFs, no doubt reduced to 4 because Nakazawa is busy with movie work. Anyway they are bigger.

(For some reason Nakazawa lately been putting the SSGSS bang on the side... Looks odd).

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:Movie Broly is getting a Figuarts alongside Majin Android 21

[spoiler]Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYoIfiH0y1 ... nstamashii

Image[/spoiler]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlYoTuWHlS8 ... nstamashii
Cool added NuBroly to OP! SHFs I absolutely do not no anything so please continue to post info on them!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:22 pm

UI Figure Rise.

SH Figuarts Broly.

SH Figuarts 21.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:13 am

DBS Wafer Stickers (said before characters from DBS GT & Z movies will appear) for September, partially revealed:
NuBroly!

List:
Normal:
Vegeta&Cabba
Omega Shenron
Goku
Baby Vegeta
Pan&Trunks&Goku
Garlic Jr
Slug
Bojack
Janemaba

Rare:
Zen-Oh
Gohan&Piccolo
Caulifla
Kale
Turles
Metal Cooler

Super Rare:
Goku&Vegeta
Vegeta
Bardock

Ultra Rare:
Goku
Goku
Goku

Gold Rae:
Gogeta
??? (Broly)

ArchedThunder wrote:UI Figure Rise.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SH Figuarts Broly.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

SH Figuarts 21.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Holy crap that Broly looks... Awful. Yikes yikes yikes. SHF are supposed to be premium yet look terrible.

Though tbf since LSS debut in 1993(?) there is yet to be a single good LSS figure. Wild.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:55 am

DECEMBER ICHIBAN KUJI UPDATE

Scheduled to start beginning of December

Prize A: FULL POWER BROLY

Prize B: NEW CHARACTER A

Prize C: NEW CHARACTER B

Prize D: SSGSS SON GOKU

Prize E: SS SON GOKU

Prize F: Small Plate

Prize G: Canvas

Prize H: Clear Files

LO Prize: FULL POWER BROLY LO VER.

DC PrIZE: Same as LO.

2 new characters important enough to get IBK figures...

Also Vegeta continues to get shaft in merch.... wow.

Also no UI pretty much confirmed!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:06 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegeta continues to get shaft in merch.... wow.
Could it be he doesn't sell that many figures ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 am

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegeta continues to get shaft in merch.... wow.
Could it be he doesn't sell that many figures ?
He sells fine, it is just Goku sells more so they think why bother doing anything with the others when we can continue to pump out more Goku, they gave Goku is own exclusive FES line and everything but that hasn't stopped Goku being released in other lines....