Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This was the final thing I was hyping about plus no SS Goku :):
[/spoiler]

Now we just need a buff shirtless Jiren to complete it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:25 am

More food merch someone didn't get the memo about NuBroly lol:
LQ pics of BWFC shown off at NYCC:
Movie Adverge also shown off:
HQ look at Movie SHF Goku & Vegeta:
Manga Dimensions Rosé Black credit (@DBArtandTidbits):

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:01 pm

When is SHF Goku & Vegeta coming out ?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:23 pm

Should get Dokkan Ichiban Kuji reveal and Feb scans tomorrow, I no nothing about the Dokkan figures so really praying SSGSS.E is done right and "Omen" is released overseas and has the blue shirt!

OP update Change-log:
.Updated Movie section
.Updated series Ichiban Kuji to include the 30th annic Kuji from Jan 2017 and getting ready for Dokkan Kuji.
.Added new Tag Fighters line.

OP has now been updated over 300 times!

======
Issei189 wrote:When is SHF Goku & Vegeta coming out ?
I believe it is TBA.
MKCSTEALTH wrote:Now we just need a buff shirtless Jiren to complete it
Yup, but at this point getting a proper scale Jiren, Hit or Zamasu figure from Banpresto is unlikely. Since Banpresto don't make money directly from fans in Japan (instead they make their money selling cases to gamestations) means Banpresto often go the safe route and release like 10,000 Goku's a year! Beerus and Champa were the last non WCF and non Saiyan/Freeza figures Banpresto released back in 2015/16 but they came in volume set (Beerus with Goku and Champa with Goku) and both Beerus and Champa were heavily under ratio, but lately Banpresto seemed to have completely scrapped volume releases and releasing figures in full cases, like those Tag Fighters.

Overseas we are stuck with whatever they release in the Japan, bar getting figures with different colours Banpresto haven't released anything new just for overseas.

That said Ichiban Kuji even in Japan is less risky so they could have easily released a Jiren/Hit/Zamasu but nope. Now Bandai Spirits have taken over the Kuji they've been doing even more boring same old crap, like a Father Son KMH or another SSGSS Goku release. Sigh.
ArchedThunder wrote: This is cool, but I hope they fix Goku's boots.
The final version will look better so good chance they will be!
GodVegetto91 wrote: Could you please spoiler tag this post? It’s way too long.
My bad, I thought I made the images small, most of the time I am on my phone so I don't get a sense of scale whenever I post stuff. But unforttaly you can't edit posts after a few hours except OP's.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:SSJ4 Vegeta looks amazing.
I am not a fan of SS4 Vegeta but even I'll admit it doesn't look bad! But as you can tell it looks like an image render, and Banpresto still have not got a title for it and it wasn't shown off at Prize Fair either. We usually have good lead in time for figures (10-12months) and the movie had a very healthy lead in time (figures started be sculpted late 2017) so I dunno why now Banpresto seem to be struggling for Feb onwards (unless they were busy doing merch for series return...), Tag Fighters were't allowed to be taken pics of from Prize Fair and the BWFC should be coloured by now in 2 months the winner will be announced.

Also not sure why they went with a rocky base, since presumably they want people to display it with Suzuki's Goku and Gogeta.
Marlowe89 wrote:If I'm being honest, this guy isn't really my cup of tea. A lot of the art here is kinda stiff and the Goku vs. Jiren one is particularly wonky. Not a fan of the shading either.

That double-punch-out between Goku and Freeza is pretty good though.
To be honest, I don't disagree. Was very disappointed when I inspected these closely completely agree about the Jiren one too.

I wish we would start seeing Shintani promo art soon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 am

Neat, SH Figuarts Goku also has the right boots, just like Vegeta, glad they aren't just recolors, even though I can tell there is some sculpt reuse going on.
Not sure why Vegeta is so tall though, that's weird.

EDIT: Never mind, Goku's boots aren't the right shape.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:59 am

Final Movie Merch from Banpresto WCF Vol.3 production image and scans:

Ratios: 12, 10 (Broly), 10, 8, 8 & 8

So no low ratio this volume.
Remember the catalogue was sent out before the trailer was out.

I am guessing 12 might be another Gogeta. The other 10 maybe pink Freeza? The 8's could be the young fathers? Or all 3 young kids? I can't think what would constitute to be high ratio over Full Power Broly especially when SS Broly was over ratio on SSGSS Goku from Vol.2 so another Gogeta would only make sense, since it more or less likely he's having 2 forms.

So far we have 18 blanks:
Vol.1
Ratio of 12, 6 & 4 blanked.

Vol.2
Ratio of 8, 8 & 6 blanked.

Vol.3
Ratio of 12, 10, 8, 8 & 8 blanked.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:35 am

Rest of Feb scans:
SS4 Vegeta figure comed out 2nd week and still unnamed still have provisional label. Tag Fighters both out 4th week.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: French DBS 2019 Calendar featuring international promo artist!
I personally love most of these, thanks for posting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:59 pm

I'm so down for those SSJ4 figures, but I hope they won't be hard to order overseas. The Kamehamehameha X10 Goku nor the Master Stars SSJ$ Goku never appeared on AmiAmi.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Do you think that blanked figure with the higher ratio could be UI Gogeta? Since we're most likely getting two Gogeta forms, I'm not sure SSG/SSB would warrant as much attention as a SSB/UI combo.

I know I'm almost crossing the line and entering Movie discussion, but we can get a lot of great info from these figures (SSB was revealed first through these, right?).
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:25 pm

FlpShimizu wrote:Do you think that blanked figure with the higher ratio could be UI Gogeta? Since we're most likely getting two Gogeta forms, I'm not sure SSG/SSB would warrant as much attention as a SSB/UI combo.

I know I'm almost crossing the line and entering Movie discussion, but we can get a lot of great info from these figures (SSB was revealed first through these, right?).
You're not crossing any line! There has been quite a bit of movie discussion via merchandise on here you're absolutely fine. You are absolutely right we do get decent amount of good info and ironically through them trying to hide things, anyone who was following this thread wouldn't have been surprised when mastered UI turned out silver for example.

Yeah Bandai's UDM keychain figures leaked SSGSS Goku & Vegeta back in 2015 a month before they were officially revealed. Though in November 2014 the merchandise for RF put placeholders in for Goku/Vegeta/Freeza figures which should have set off alarms that all 3 were getting new forms! I am not sure if anyone caught on but pre 2017 I knew jack all about DB merchandise so I definitely didn't lol.

Also you could be right about UI Gogeta as so far Bandai are releasing 2 different versions of one movie character for their UDM, VS & UG gashapon lines. Also have two blanks on their Adverge line up. Meanwhile Banpresto have two 12 ratio blanks on their WCF and the Ichiban Kuji has two new theatrical characters (could very well be treating different forms as a separate character for now).

They don't tend to merch base forms that much for fusions and this seems a lot for base so I think it's most likely gonna be 2 forms of Gogeta but what they will be still remains a mystery. SSGSS is guaranteed but it's hard to call if the other with be SSG or UI, purely because Vegeta has SSG, I'm gonna go with that for now but UI Gogeta is still very much a possibility.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Glad to know it's okay :lol:

Yeah, they gave SSG for Vegeta so SSG Gogeta is very likely. Even If we don't get UI Gogeta I'll be satisfied with more SSG merch, I always thought we needed more of those back when BoG debuted.

On a side note, I'm dying to see that SSBE Vegeta figure since we probably won't get much more merch based on the form.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Final Movie Merch from Banpresto WCF Vol.3 production image and scans:
Ratios: 12, 10 (Broly), 10, 8, 8 & 8

So no low ratio this volume.
Remember the catalogue was sent out before the trailer was out.

I am guessing 12 might be another Gogeta. The other 10 maybe pink Freeza? The 8's could be the young fathers? Or all 3 young kids? I can't think what would constitute to be high ratio over Full Power Broly especially when SS Broly was over ratio on SSGSS Goku from Vol.2 so another Gogeta would only make sense, since it more or less likely he's having 2 forms.

So far we have 18 blanks:
Vol.1
Ratio of 12, 6 & 4 blanked.

Vol.2
Ratio of 8, 8 & 6 blanked.

Vol.3
Ratio of 12, 10, 8, 8 & 8 blanked.

King Vegeta
Bardock
Gine
Paragus
Young Paragus
Cheelai
Lemo
Pink Freeza
King Cold
Kikono
Beriberu
Young Goku
Young Vegeta
Young Broly
Gogeta (SSB)
Gogeta (UI)
Broly (Yellow-eyed form since i dont think we have one of those versions yet)
Bardock’s companion maybe?

These are my 18 blanks prediction. Will there be a volume 4 or is volume 3 the last?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:40 pm

FlpShimizu wrote:Glad to know it's okay :lol:

Yeah, they gave SSG for Vegeta so SSG Gogeta is very likely. Even If we don't get UI Gogeta I'll be satisfied with more SSG merch, I always thought we needed more of those back when BoG debuted.

On a side note, I'm dying to see that SSBE Vegeta figure since we probably won't get much more merch based on the form.
Oh man completely agree about lack of SSG merch. Absolutely drove me up the wall. Even now there is still barely any SSG Goku, Bandai deciding to release two SSGSS Goku for their movie HG sets takes the p. I love SSGSS too don't get me wrong but there is just so much of it!

As for the SSGSS Evolution Vegeta figure should have gotten images for the Feb Kuji's by now I am guessing this means they aren't ready yet but should get them soon. Also excited at the prospect of a blue shirt UI "Omen" Goku figure!
AnimeNation101 wrote: 18.
These are my 18 blanks prediction. Will there be a volume 4 or is volume 3 the last?
Who is Beriberu? Also Anger Broly likely won't be an option since they have no reason to hide him.

No Volume 4! In fact WCF Vol.3 is the last movie merch from Banpresto and likely overall too (get Bandai's Feb plans end of this month). Nakazawa doing 18 WCF's and likely the 4 Ultimate Soldiers figures to be released in the space of couple months, guy is a legend!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Who is Beriberu? Also Anger Broly likely won't be an option since they have no reason to hide him.

No Volume 4! In fact WCF Vol.3 is the last movie merch from Banpresto and likely overall too (get Bandai's Feb plans end of this month). Nakazawa doing 18 WCF's and likely the 4 Ultimate Soldiers figures to be released in the space of couple months, guy is a legend!
Beriberu is that short female Freeza soldier who seems to be Freeza’s right hand woman. She has the pink hair.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:10 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Beriberu is that short female Freeza soldier who seems to be Freeza’s right hand woman. She has the pink hair.
Ahhh gotchya! Also sorry my bad I meant 11/18 blanks!

For reference here were the Minus WCF ratios
Goku, Vegeta & Bardock were high (Goku the highest) and Gine was medium so Bardock and Gine look good bets! Which is a relief because that WCF is hard to find now.
If we assume the two 12's are Gogeta, and the two 6s and one 4 are new new characters that leaves:
One 10 &
5 8's.

Think the one 10 ratio on Vol.3 might be Baby Goku, so that leaves the 5 8's:

Kid Vegeta, Kid Broly, Bardock, Gine & Paragus.... So King Vegeta misses out? Unless there is no Gine and it's King Vegeta. But then this leaves Freeza and Cold completely out.... Looks like a few past folks are gonna miss out.

Really wish we had another set. /:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:49 pm

HQ scan of that potato snack... Apparently is a big deal.

Better scan of the Saikyo Jump isssue with November's UDM #34. Confirmed SSGSS Evolution Vegeta (進化)
That SS Bardock is pretty hilarious :P
Blue Bas made a great point about the mid November World Premiere... So looks like a good chance about Gogeta getting revealed this month's V Jump. After a hectic September was hoping October was gonna be quiet but looks like it might not be!

Also European listings for figures happen middle of the month so good chance the WCF Vol.3 will be updated like SSG Vegeta when Banpresto send the production images out.

Jump Festa:
Obvious DBS Panel but... We will get the coloured BWFC figures and the winner announced and then a mini Prize Fair as figures for DB (and other shonen series) will be shown off for Jan to March/April, so we'll see all the Jan and Feb movie figures revealed and in IRL aswell as the Dokkan Kuji IRL (should hopefully get production images soon). So Jump Festa should be really exciting to look forward too! :D

Apparently upcoming Pops
Wonder what SS Vegeta (Orange) is? Maybe they mean God?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:45 am

Dokkan Kuji starting to be revealed.

Prize A SS4 Gogeta:

Waiting for SSGSS Goku, Vegeta and Vegetto. SSGSS EVO Vegeta and UI "Omen".

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:01 am

Don't mind me, just doing some intense lurking as usual :P
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Apparently upcoming Pops
Wonder what SS Vegeta (Orange) is? Maybe they mean God?
If it isn't God, it could be a special edition SS Vegeta like how there's metallic and glow-in-the-dark variants of SS Gokū, for an immediate example. I'd hope it's something new but it's not out of the question to just be a recolor or some such. It does say only "Dragon Ball" without the "Z" though, which is interesting.

As for the others, happy to see Videl joining the lineup! I'd assume that "Daily" Gokū is some casual outfit or something? Maybe his jacket from before the Cell Games?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Rest of Feb scans:
SS4 Vegeta figure comed out 2nd week and still unnamed still have provisional label. Tag Fighters both out 4th week.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dokkan Kuji starting to be revealed.

Prize A SS4 Gogeta:

Waiting for SSGSS Goku, Vegeta and Vegetto. SSGSS EVO Vegeta and UI "Omen".
Is it just coincidence that we're getting two SSJ 4 Gogeta figures in the same pose announced relatively around the same time? I know one has obviously been in the works for a bit with the Dokkan Kuji thing, but I just find it odd.
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.”
- Kamina