Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:48 am

Calendar update.

December:
Movie DBS Mini Soft Vinyl Figure from Banpresto

January:
Movie DBS Mini Soft Vinyl Figure Special Ver.

April:
DBS FES Stage 9
DBS Blood of Saiyans Special II

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:45 am

January Schedule:

Week 2 (7th-11th):
Ultimate Soldiers The Movie IV (New Hero):
Movie WCF Vol.2:
UDM THE BEST 28:
Week 3 (14th-18th)
Cyokuku Buyuden (The Heroic Saga);

Full Power Broly:
SSG Goku:
Week 4 (21st-26th)
Cyokuku Buyuden (The Heroic Saga) SSG Vegeta:
Movie HG #02:
UG #09:
Figure-rise Full Power Broly:
TBA:
Movie Soft Vinyl Figure~Special Ver.

===========
Edit-

Our first potential look at NuGogeta?
Ignore the silhouette look at the background looks like someone wearing an RF style Dogi? Initially I saw the back spike and assumed Broly but not not sure once I zoomed in, completely different outfit.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:26 pm

I haven't done a post like this is a while, but just a bunch misc stuff to talk about!

Re: Movie HG series
Full scan of the sets, confirms that it is being sold in bags of 40, there we can work out the ratio's. So 40/5=8 of each character in one bag however FP Broly and Movie Character X are rare, so if we add 1 to each of the other characters they'll have 9 each so then 9x4=36 and that leaves 4 left for Broly/Movie Character, essentially the ratio's potentially could be:
HG#01: 9,9,9,9&4
HG#02: 9,9,9,9&4
The 9's might not all be even so we could get (10,9,9,8) for example.

Re:October DBSxDBL Ichiban Kuji
So this is about Japan won't necessarily affects us overseas but interesting all the same I think.

So Pre-Sale's for the Kuji starting to hit Japanese sites... now once the Kuji has started and settles the value of figures usually are lower than what the pre-sales were, (for example September VS, Prize A figure was pre-selling at around 5,000yen it has now dropped to around 4,000yen, LO Prize was around 8,000yen and has now dropped to about 6,000yen) but anyway currently, Shallot is around 6,000. SS Goku, ~5,000. SS2 Gohan ~4,000, Majin Vegeta, ~4,000 and LO Goku ~7,000...... UI Goku 13,000yen!!!!

Honestly those are pretty low pre-sale prices and they will almost definitely drop but UI Goku... most people are aiming for him, despite being a re-print, just goes to show that people are a bit fed up off Z stuff and want new stuff.

For us however, no need to get the October UI Goku, we have Grandista UI Goku and Feb's UI Omen (hopefully blue shirt) for that. Tbh I am not sure why folks in Japan are even bothering with UI Goku too.

Re: October Case orders

So Sega revealed their cases orders for the October figures, this does affect us as we get released whatever Japan get, Banpresto other than special colours don't release figures new exclusive overseas so how line's do in Japan is important (I guess this applies to the IBK too).

~140 cases for Lunch and A.P Trunks expected.WCD Vol.2 as expected 132 cases, well actually it is a bit of come down from Vol.1, Sega did order 145 IIRC, and tbh the first volume didn't do to well, from a gamestation POV Banpresto were charging the full set of 6 price of a WCF for a set of 4, and from a fans POV, we've already had several Black, Vegetto and Goku WCF so Zamasu was the only one that would be sought after, so I am not surprised that Sega ordered less Vol.2 but I expect this to be more sought after than Vol.1 though from fans.

Grandista Gohan 188 cases, expected Grandista line popular, SS2 "popular" version of Gohan (is it though?) also the Grandista Gohan got a case increase too.

But the biggest surprise of the month? BoS SPECIAL got.... over 180 cases!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Wow. After 4 mediocre releases and all 4 still cheap on the after market I am shocked that Sega ordered this much! Granted this does look 10x better but still it is pretty big shock. Maybe this why a second BoS SPECIAL is scheduled in April and more than likely UI Goku. I think maybe a metallic silver on a UI Goku BoS figure may look decent actually.

Also Taito ordered over 100 cases of Transcendence art SDBH Goku in August... yet only ordered under 50 for Vegeta... talk about ouch. Proves my point that not even safe options of SSGSS are helping SDBH merch.

Blowitouttahere FES SS4 Gogeta:[/b}

So my FES SS4 from blowitouttahere arrived last week, packaging was meh, they put it in a pretty tight parcel box that I had to cut out to get the item out, however the FES box wasn't too damaged:

Figure itself is pretty great as expected! Though the front pose doesn't look too great:

Definitely better displayed on the side:

Speaking of FES, it is back this April :D After what 7 months? Expected as Nakazawa was super busy for the movie, what we have left for FES to use:
.SSG
.UI "Omen"
.SS2
.Shintani Movie Goku's (base, SS, SSG, SSGSS)?
.SS Gogeta
.SSGSS/SS Vegetto
.Movie Gogeta?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:40 am

This was one of the thing I was hyping about saw everything but Trunks and Vegeta:
Sculptor list:

Not a single one I'd call awful. For overseas participants the Kid Goku looks fantastic! Japanese one's all killed it as expected. But yeah pretty good overall I'd say.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 20/09/18).

Post by majinwarman » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Had any merch come out that hints about the ending to the new movie?
Nah, beyond constant indications of Gogeta they've been really cautious, we have 11 out of 18 WCFs blanked so there is still quite a bit they are hiding. November is when everything should pretty much get revealed, V Jump will reveal Gogeta then around the same time Craneking will update their website with final versions and dates for the December figures. (Bandai will update their website on the 1st December though likely they will show off final versions of figures in V Jump anyway).
GodVegetto91 wrote:So i take it Broly is the only other character that gets this much merchandise beside Goku and Vegeta right?

Just how many different pieces of merchandise have they sold already of new Broly?
Impossible to know how much they've sold yet, we'll know the movie merch starts coming out. It will be impossible to work out Bandai sales but Banpresto sales should be easy enough to work out what the big three gamestations in Japan ordered. Right now Grandista UI Goku in July had the most case orders from the big three (was at least of 500!) for a DB figure.
Thanks for the information.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:34 pm

December Movie Ichiban Kuji quantity of lower prizes:

Prize F: There will be 3 different small plates.

Prize G: There will be 10 different types of art canvas

Memorial Award: 2 pack of clear files and posters there will be 10 different ones.

Prizes C (New Character B), D & E (SSGSS/SS Goku) will be distributed one per store in Japan. Prize C & E will not be released overseas, Prize E should be really cheap since it's just SS Goku remains to be seen who Character B is though likely another lesser form of Gogeta.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Awesome figures, I really want that Black and the Freeza.
When do these come out?
I hope the next World Figure Colosseum has more Super stuff and not just movie Broly and Gogeta.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:42 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Awesome figures, I really want that Black and the Freeza.
When do these come out?
I hope the next World Figure Colosseum has more Super stuff and not just movie Broly and Gogeta.
They start being released March 2 a month last one released July. So pre orders will start next month so we'll get coloured production images and scans etc usual stuff.

Winner will be announced at Jump Festa, means the Special will be out near end of year. I guess that means they'll have dibs on NuBroly/Gogeta. Like last years winner, Varoq having dibs on UI.

Unfortunately I think Black is the only DBS Character aside from god forms for Goku/Vegeta.

ParagonMike

Post by ParagonMike » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:13 am

Well, the 2nd trailer has been leaked and it shows Gine, Bardock, King Veggie, Kid frieza and Cold.

So rip Gogeta for now

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:15 am

ParagonMike wrote:Well, the 2nd trailer has been leaked and it shows Gine, Bardock, King Veggie, Kid frieza and Cold.

So rip Gogeta for now
I don't know why you think it would make sense to show Gogeta in a trailer focused completely on the past segment of the story.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:22 am

ParagonMike wrote:Well, the 2nd trailer has been leaked and it shows Gine, Bardock, King Veggie, Kid frieza and Cold.

So rip Gogeta for now
He will probably be shown off in Jump Anime trailer late November.

But this trailer probably explains most of the blanked WCFs for the movie we've got, and why they haven't shown a Freeza yet.

We will get scans and production images anyday now for the final movie WCF set, be interesting to see if any of those will still be blanked (for the final set only Full Power Broly was shown) given the trailer was uploaded 1st Oct but unlisted.

Also this trailer explains Bandai random release of Ginyu Force in their gashapons...

ParagonMike

Post by ParagonMike » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:20 pm

sintzu wrote:

So rip Gogeta for now
I don't know why you think it would make sense to show Gogeta in a trailer focused completely on the past segment of the story.
nah nah, was reffering to no gogeta in the mystery figure lines and such.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:53 pm

ParagonMike wrote:nah nah, was reffering to no gogeta in the mystery figure lines and such.

From what I've heard, the last scan with the two blanked out spaces (believe they are the keychains or WCF) are supposed to be for a "New Hero" with two different colors. So it's very likely IF Gogeta is in the film, we'll see his some combination of either his Base, God, or Blue forms as the two figures

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Movie SHF Goku & Vegata's
Chocolate gift due this December yet again ToP promo art:
November's UDM #34 final colours that's deffo SSGSS.E Vegeta!
French DBS 2019 Calendar featuring international promo artist!

Z BoS SPECIAL final version out in a few weeks, I actually really like this.... Might attempt to repaint the hair blue, if I grab it.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice, was hoping we'd get some SH Figuarts of Goku and Vegeta from the movie, Vegeta even has round boots.
Hopefully they're able to stay up to date all the way into Super 2.0.

So rip Gogeta for now
Freeza isn't a kid.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: French DBS 2019 Calendar featuring international promo artist!
If I'm being honest, this guy isn't really my cup of tea. A lot of the art here is kinda stiff and the Goku vs. Jiren one is particularly wonky. Not a fan of the shading either.

That double-punch-out between Goku and Freeza is pretty good though.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:15 am

This was the final thing I was hyping about plus no SS Goku :):

Other Feb GT stuff:
Final movie WCF scan tomorrow.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:23 am

SSJ4 Vegeta looks amazing.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This was one of the thing I was hyping about saw everything but Trunks and Vegeta:
Sculptor list:
Not a single one I'd call awful. For overseas participants the Kid Goku looks fantastic! Japanese one's all killed it as expected. But yeah pretty good overall I'd say.
Could you please spoiler tag this post? It’s way too long.
Last edited by GodVegetto91 on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:38 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:This was the final thing I was hyping about plus no SS Goku :):

Other Feb GT stuff:
Final movie WCF scan tomorrow.
This is cool, but I hope they fix Goku's boots.