Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheNingen wrote:I love the HG 02 figures as well. Sucks that Anger Broly is bigger than Full Power Broly. Also Gogeta's face looks a little derpy and Beerus and Whis are so lazily painted and stuff. Details are just weird. But I LOVE Anger Broly. I bought a few of him so I could make a custom SS Broly since Bandai doesn't care about the form. It bothered me how big the Goku is in HG 01 and how small Golden Freeza is. And how Gogeta is...in between the size of Goku and Vegeta? HG 02 Gogeta is better.
Bandai Spirits only seem to care for the yellow SS forms it seems & they easily could have made an SS Broly for the HG Enemy Edition considering that only has 3 new moulds but eh. I did notice SS forms were losing marketability so no surprise that Broly Anger and Base Gogeta were marketed more over their SS forms.
Well I completely understand that. However, his SS form is a HUGE moment in the film whereas every other SS transformation, even Gogeta's isn't. You would figure that it would be worthy of a figure especially with how good it looks. It's a moment I believe warrants a figure. But I'm stuck making my own. There's so many figures I think *should* be made. There's actually a Facebook group I'm a part of that is dedicated to making a lot of figures that Bandai doesn't. They usually do HG scale figures, which are my preferred scale.
I won't agree it looks good, though it looks better than regular SS due to no silly green eyes, it was a major part of the film but at this point Bandai just exist to be inconsistent and make dumb decisions. Two SSGSS Goku and not one of them is battle damaged, quite clearly didn't pay attention or just ignored the info from Toei. Toei give them the tiniest of details so I am sure the info on how significant each form would be would have got passed down.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:June prods:
SJJ3 GT Goku is a pleasant surprise.
It's not another Nakazawa KMH SS3!! I'll gladly suck up and own this that's how much I hate KMH poses lol. Also I should get scans tomorrow Vegeta scan might have a glimpse of Gogeta like last months Goku did for Vegeta, hoping it's a smirk face Gogeta don't wanna deal with another serious SS4 Gogeta!

Banpresto's production images getting worse the colours are so muted here...

Also RIP SS2 Goku the form just keeps getting forgotten about!

Goten_jr
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 23/01/19).

Post by Goten_jr » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dokkan Collab figure has leaked:

I need that SS4 Goku

I need those SSJ4s so much. The SSJ4 Vegeta too
Funny how SS4 is DBS branded lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Goten_jr wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: I need that SS4 Goku

I need those SSJ4s so much. The SSJ4 Vegeta too
Funny how SS4 is DBS branded lol
Bandai and by extension Bandai Spirits just love the DBS logo!! They slap it wherever they can! It's drives me up the wall when they constantly do that. Overseas version will have the appropriate logo thankfully.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:50 pm

I think it varies.

The Special Color edition SS4 Goku and SS4 Gogeta from the Fes Line that own are GT branded, same as the KMHMH x10 and SMSP SS4 Goku ones.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I think it varies.

The Special Color edition SS4 Goku and SS4 Gogeta from the Fes Line that own are GT branded, same as the KMHMH x10 and SMSP SS4 Goku ones.
Overseas versions usually have the appropiate branding for FES. In Japan FES is all under DBS. But thankfully the special moves are under the correct GT brand and Banpresto changed their minds for the SMSP so they generally are okay matching brands but it's generally Bandai that are problematic, in that Fusions thing I posted on Twitter the packaging had DBS logo.... just why?

SS4 Gogeta example:
Funnily enough the Japanese is left intact so it still says DBS in Japanese. :lol:

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I think it varies.

Overseas versions usually have the appropiate branding for FES. In Japan FES is all under DBS. But thankfully the special moves are under the correct GT brand and Banpresto changed their minds for the SMSP so they generally are okay matching brands but it's generally Bandai that are problematic, in that Fusions thing I posted on Twitter the packaging had DBS logo.... just why?

SS4 Gogeta example:
Funnily enough the Japanese is left intact so it still says DBS in Japanese. :lol:
They keep on slapping that Super logo on there and it’s going to sell.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 am

Out today final WCF Movie set:
UDM THE BEST 29:
Tomorrow's Dokkan Collab SS4 Vegeta packaging....with DBS LOGO!! Pissin' heck! Just as I praised Banptesto too for appropiate branding, eugh guess I'll have to add this to the OP:

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am

Are there currently any plans for HG figures of base and SSJ Broly?

I have the HG figures of Ikari and FP Broly, but I'd really like the other versions as well. :(

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 am

Galan007 wrote:Are there currently any plans for HG figures of base and SSJ Broly?

I have the HG figures of Ikari and FP Broly, but I'd really like the other versions as well. :(
March/May Premium Bandai HG Enemy Edition has Base Broly:
Nothing for SS Broly yet, though we are due Bandai's gashapon plans for June at the end of this month so something might pop up then but right now the DBS SDBH Skills Figure is the closest to an SS Broly that is similar scale to HG:
Out at the end of this month.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:53 am

As always, thanks for the info, Baggie.

Really strange to me that they're waiting so long to put out a proper HG figure of SSJ Broly, given the hyper-saturation of merchandise we've gotten for this film... Oh well, I'll keep my hopes up for the June releases, I guess.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nothing for SS Broly yet, though we are due Bandai's gashapon plans for June at the end of this month so something might pop up then but right now the DBS SDBH Skills Figure is the closest to an SS Broly that is similar scale to HG:
The Skills Figure line is really good and close to the HG. I picked up the Golden Cooler from the set and he's near identical to the Golden Frieza from the HG Line in terms of quality and coloring

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:48 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Nothing for SS Broly yet, though we are due Bandai's gashapon plans for June at the end of this month so something might pop up then but right now the DBS SDBH Skills Figure is the closest to an SS Broly that is similar scale to HG:
The Skills Figure line is really good and close to the HG. I picked up the Golden Cooler from the set and he's near identical to the Golden Frieza from the HG Line in terms of quality and coloring
Too bad they're so small

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:52 pm

This pic of Dragon Stars SSJ4 Goku leaked, and man, it looks pretty good.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Galan007 wrote:As always, thanks for the info, Baggie.

Really strange to me that they're waiting so long to put out a proper HG figure of SSJ Broly, given the hyper-saturation of merchandise we've gotten for this film... Oh well, I'll keep my hopes up for the June releases, I guess.
As mentioned above it's due yellow SS form itself not being that appealing for marketing anymore, this past year base/black haired forms seem to have had more marketable potential than yellow SS which is why Base/ Blue Gogeta & Anger/Full Power Broly were the more marketed forms for those two characters.

But even then Bandai make a lot of bonehead and dumb decisions so at this point I have given up understanding their logic on things (ie May DBS HG#03 being Freeza arc.... :roll:), worse part is Bandai Spirits have adopted all the bad habits of their sister, Bandai, rather than any good habits from their cousin, Banpresto, so things are 2x worse now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:44 am

Oh man, the Dokkan SSJ4 Vegeta looks fantastic

Funny how Goku looks better in the card art but Vegeta gets the upper hand in the figure

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:04 am

June HQ Production images, scans soon:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am

I love that Trunk figure. Definitely a must. The Dokkan Kuji SSJ4s look fantastic as well

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:33 am

Feb Tag Fighters (21st) and Suzuki's Gogeta (14th) packaging:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 pm

Confirmed sculptor "Clear Jedi" sculpted the SS4 Gogeta Dokkan Kuji figure, they have also said they have sculpted some more upcoming figures

July Ichiban Kuji.... SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES. F**K BANDAI!! AND THIS GODAMN AGENDA PUSHING SDBH!!! IT IS NOT AND WILL WILL BE LIKE THE MAIN SERIES IT'S A CARD GAME AND STICK TO THAT FFS

This might be a mistake but THE 20TH FILM ICHIBAN KUJI re-solicited for June....

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:What characters can possibly be hiding on a SDBH themed wave?
I imagine one of them is SS4 Vegito. The other could possibly be Gogeta or some new transformation for Cumber. Edit: I bet it's SS3 Cumber. I don't think he's been "officially" unveiled yet.
Ratio's:
Two blanks are high so probably UI Goku & SS4 Vegetto.
Now confirmed, reveal soon.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Confirmed sculptor "Clear Jedi" sculpted the SS4 Gogeta Dokkan Kuji figure, they have also said they have sculpted some more upcoming figures

July Ichiban Kuji.... SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES. F**K BANDAI!! AND THIS GODAMN AGENDA PUSHING SDBH!!! IT IS NOT AND WILL WILL BE LIKE THE MAIN SERIES IT'S A CARD GAME AND STICK TO THAT FFS

This might be a mistake but THE 20TH FILM ICHIBAN KUJI re-solicited for June....
As long the figures are of the SS4 Xenos, or the annual SS4s then I'm good with that.