Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:18 am

Adverge (this weekend), Ultimate Soldiers IV and HG Enemy Edition (March/May) Skytree IRL pics:

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/12/18).

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Adverge (this weekend), Ultimate Soldiers IV and HG Enemy Edition (March/May) Skytree IRL pics:

So glad I preordered the villain HG when it was cheap. That Full Power Broly looks awesome

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Ultimate Soldiers IV production image:

=========
MKCSTEALTH wrote:

So glad I preordered the villain HG when it was cheap. That Full Power Broly looks awesome
Indeed! Since it's a remould means good chance we'll have good QC on these. I need to paint my Freeza spaceship green and could make a diorama set with these gashapons only thing that sucks is the lack of SSG Goku gashapon.... /:

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:15 am

I really like this dynamic pose in the Ultimate but the lack of hair and clothing detail compared to Masterlise SSB Goku really lets it down.

EpicMew2

Post by EpicMew2 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Adverge (this weekend), Ultimate Soldiers IV and HG Enemy Edition (March/May) Skytree IRL pics:
Why does the Ultimate Soliders Gogeta look so much better IRL?
“Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.”
- Kamina

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm

EpicMew2 wrote:
Why does the Ultimate Soliders Gogeta look so much better IRL?
Banpresto's production images have been shite for a while. Which is much better than 2017 when it was the opposite! The Scultures Piccolo final version from that year still gives me nightmares!

Anyway I absolutely love the belt and and vest mould on the Ultimate Soldiers Gogeta! So good the attention to detail. No doubt in my mind Nakazawa is doing the line.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:19 pm

UDM #35

Mobile power pack:
Special move Base Gogeta:
Scratch cards better look at art:
WCF Vol.3 Production images:
Lawson mugs:
Updated Grandista Production images:
Cushion:

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:03 am

Grandista Gogeta looks awesome, but I kinda wish he had another pose.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:07 am

FlpShimizu wrote:Grandista Gogeta looks awesome, but I kinda wish he had another pose.

Grandista figures in general have boring poses where they are just standing there. I still feel with the size they are (and sometimes coming with alt heads) they are the best bang for your buck.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:44 pm

batistabus wrote: Trust me, I know. I own way too much of it. You can import anything, but most merch isn't distributed in the way that things at Hot Topic are.

Sorry bringing this over here because it was getting way too off topic for the manga thread and since we are talking about merchandise.

If you mean stuff made specifically for an over seas market that is something else entirely and yes that the type of thing you will find at Hot Topic or stuff like Funko Pops.

But stuff you preorder from Ami Ami’s English site and various other websites like Tokyo Otaku Mode are being sold directly from Japan to overseas markets. Some stuff can only be shipped to North America though. Japanese fans don’t buy from these sites (Ami Ami for example has a Japanese site)

If it’s something that you need a proxy to buy or can only buy it from the after market (like EBAY) that is stuff only being sold directly to the Japanese market.

Sorry I know this is off topic and I understand it might have been something that was said by Toei it’s just evidence really does show that Broly is extremely popular in both the West and Japan. As I said if Broly is more popular in the West then it can only be by a neglible amount.

From what I’ve seen only big character in the West that doesn’t seem to get the same reception in Japan is Cell.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:00 pm

Anybody know if the Craneking Base Gogeta will pop up online via ebay? I checked for it and after some....lewd items popping up related to Base Gogeta, I resigned myself to check some other sites to no avail

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:19 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Anybody know if the Craneking Base Gogeta will pop up online via ebay? I checked for it and after some....lewd items popping up related to Base Gogeta, I resigned myself to check some other sites to no avail
Barely anything is popping up in Japan period. Any that have are over priced as hell. I'd give it until the end of the month but I am not confident Base Gogeta's price will go down. I will be surprised if my order actually ships (before it was released they said they'd ship it 5 working days after release) I won't begrudge the seller if they do cancel it.
Kinokima wrote:
FlpShimizu wrote:Grandista Gogeta looks awesome, but I kinda wish he had another pose.

Grandista figures in general have boring poses where they are just standing there. I still feel with the size they are (and sometimes coming with alt heads) they are the best bang for your buck.
Yeah I at least would have preferred crossed arms like Vegeta Grandista. I really dig that type of generic pose since he's actually doing with his arms lol or the one hand on hip pose. Plus a smirk would have been nice too. Belt mould looks good though.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Kinokima wrote:
batistabus wrote: Trust me, I know. I own way too much of it. You can import anything, but most merch isn't distributed in the way that things at Hot Topic are.

Sorry bringing this over here because it was getting way too off topic for the manga thread and since we are talking about merchandise.

If you mean stuff made specifically for an over seas market that is something else entirely and yes that the type of thing you will find at Hot Topic or stuff like Funko Pops.

But stuff you preorder from Ami Ami’s English site and various other websites like Tokyo Otaku Mode are being sold directly from Japan to overseas markets. Some stuff can only be shipped to North America though. Japanese fans don’t buy from these sites (Ami Ami for example has a Japanese site)

If it’s something that you need a proxy to buy or can only buy it from the after market (like EBAY) that is stuff only being sold directly to the Japanese market.

Sorry I know this is off topic and I understand it might have been something that was said by Toei it’s just evidence really does show that Broly is extremely popular in both the West and Japan. As I said if Broly is more popular in the West then it can only be by a neglible amount.

From what I’ve seen only big character in the West that doesn’t seem to get the same reception in Japan is Cell.
Thanks for the clarification! I didn't realize those sites you mentioned were sold directly from Japan. I figured they were essentially consolidated proxies.

Would you say you can buy pretty much all DB merch released in Japan from those sites? That has not been my experience, but it's been a couple of years since I was buying DB merch hardcore.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:54 pm

batistabus wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Thanks for the clarification! I didn't realize those sites you mentioned were sold directly from Japan. I figured they were essentially consolidated proxies.

Would you say you can buy pretty much all DB merch released in Japan from those sites? That has not been my experience, but it's been a couple of years since I was buying DB merch hardcore.

I think some of these sites have head quarters in the US but the main branch is in Japan and some the headquarters are in Japan.

And there definitely is merchandise that isn’t sold directly to overseas customers that is why I mentioned the after market like EBAY. But you can also get this stuff from the Japanese After Market places like Mandarake (this site sells directly to foreign customers and is a great place to find stuff) or Yahoo Japan Auctions or various Japanese flea market sites. For these latter two you need a proxy.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Kinokima wrote: I think some of these sites have head quarters in the US but the main branch is in Japan and some the headquarters are in Japan.

And there definitely is merchandise that isn’t sold directly to overseas customers that is why I mentioned the after market like EBAY. But you can also get this stuff from the Japanese After Market places like Mandarake (this site sells directly to foreign customers and is a great place to find stuff) or Yahoo Japan Auctions or various Japanese flea market sites. For these latter two you need a proxy.
Thanks, that's good to know. As a side note, I was looking for a way to buy the DBS Broly SAB jackets, so I'll have to try those other options.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Anybody know if the Craneking Base Gogeta will pop up online via ebay? I checked for it and after some....lewd items popping up related to Base Gogeta, I resigned myself to check some other sites to no avail

Are you talking about this guy?

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m23037175438/

Here is one I found but you have to find a proxy to buy from this site so it will cost a bit more than this

I buy the majority of stuff that I can’t preorder from Mercari.

But this is an option if you can’t find it on EBay.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Has anyone here bought the Vs 09 series figures? How do they scale? I know the last set that came with Time Breaker Bardock actually scales pretty well with some of the HG figures. As does the SS4 Xeno Goku which makes me super hopeful

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:39 am

Jan dates and final versions:

10th WCF Vol.2 & Ultimate Soldiers Gogeta:

17th Buyuden Goku & Broly:

24th Buyuden Vegeta & Taito limited vinyl figures:

Also confirmed via back muscles Nakazawa has indeed sculpted the Buyuden Broly! Same with KC Broly!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:53 am

Out today:
My WCFs have arrived! Will open them later on my coffee break. :)