Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 28/03/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Forte224 wrote:So where's the best place to shop for this Vegeta figure? Amazon and eBay average $110-$150, but I'm hoping that's not as high as it will always be. I'm interested in the Goku a bit too, but my main focus is Vegeta. It's just...SO COOL!! I think I asked you about him some place before and you told me but I forgot now.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I have them both! They are utterly amazing. But unfortunately those prices are the best that you will get, Vegeta did drop to 4,500 yen back in January but as now since gone up and stayed around 8,500yen (~$80), the boxes are huge like HUGE so even using a proxy you'll end up paying $110-150 anyway once you account for shipping etc. It is tough one for sure, and it is now unlikely to go down in price being it has almost been half a year since it's release , that is the main problem with figures unless they get re-released the rare-r/sought after one's will hardly go down once they've settled and infact just go up.

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Forte224 wrote:So where's the best place to shop for this Vegeta figure? Amazon and eBay average $110-$150, but I'm hoping that's not as high as it will always be. I'm interested in the Goku a bit too, but my main focus is Vegeta. It's just...SO COOL!! I think I asked you about him some place before and you told me but I forgot now.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I have them both! They are utterly amazing. But unfortunately those prices are the best that you will get, Vegeta did drop to 4,500 yen back in January but as now since gone up and stayed around 8,500yen (~$80), the boxes are huge like HUGE so even using a proxy you'll end up paying $110-150 anyway once you account for shipping etc. It is tough one for sure, and it is now unlikely to go down in price being it has almost been half a year since it's release , that is the main problem with figures unless they get re-released the rare-r/sought after one's will hardly go down once they've settled and infact just go up.
That sucks. I've already spent way too much on Dragon Ball recently haha. Maybe some day. For now the SSGSS Vegeta in the RoF gear will hold me over.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:56 am

Guys. Guys. Guys. I finally worked it out, I finally freaking found out how to know if Banpresto will under/over produce figures in advance before release... I am such a fool for not realising it sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING! Well kinda.

Here is an example, from the WCF Bravery Vol 2:

The blue circled area is how much Banpresto will produce for one order from a game centres, so in this case it is 56. Now let us look at the red circles these tell you how much out of the 56 will be produced so:
UI: 14
Vegeta: 12
Gogeta: 12
SS3 Goku:8
Cauli: 6
Veku:4
14+12+12+8+6+4=56!!!

Of course this still means that prices won't always match up with the quantity produced as UI Goku despite being the produced in the highest quantity is now one of the most expensive of the set going up to 3,000yen! And despite being almost half at 8 SS3 GT Goku is the cheapest in the set... cuz no-one in Japan cares about SS3 lol.

Here's the ratio for the Baseball WCFs and yup works out as Yamcha was under produced and that is what is exactly stated here:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here is Vol 9:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Yup they deffo making the new characters under produced...

The FES Line both sets of figures are at 18 each making up 36 per order:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

This is why FES prices are always even between them.

Blood of Saiyans SSGSS and SSR Goku Black will have 36 EACH not split 18 like FES:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So one shouldn't have to worry about that, I'd imagine.

The Match Makers line will also have 36 EACH figure

Grandista UI Goku will have 28 figures per order BUT ONLY 20 WILL BE COLOURED:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'd advise folks pre order this asap.

I was wrong about Vegetto Blue KMH it was at the full 36 so that means it wasn't ordered much by game centre's which is not surprising since March was pretty hectic and the Vegetto KMH came out the end of the month, that and Vegetto is popular!

Next week's DXF UI Goku will be at the full 36:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
BUT it will probably be like Vegetto, end of the month, popular, price of this will almost definitely go up.

Sooooooo to sum up, we now know in advance what the ratio's would be for figures but it also depends on how much would get ordered and popularity etc. But this will now be a good way to determine what to pre order or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlueBasilisk wrote: Yeah, that's the man! The blue SS5. :P I've been looking around to find pre-orders for him with no luck.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

As above, Mira will be lowest produced of the set, at 8.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Oh my god, this took forever to find but I found the WCD Vol 1 ratio's out 2nd week of July too!

16+16+12+12=56

Cool, so I am not gonna worry about pre-ordering these should be cheaper once released!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So I am bored and just going through old topics on Kanzenshuu and it is the most bizarre thing seeing people hype over the 2008 figures, with retrospect to what we are getting now the 2008 stuff pales in comparison but shows how far DB has come and in 10 more years we'll probably look back at 2018 and be like "did we seriously hype over these figures?" :lol:
I sure hope that in 2028 they aren't just doing 10 million Goku figures and ignoring most of the characters, especially new ones (if we are getting new content at that time).

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:40 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Of course the one I want is the shortpack. :problem: Well, I'm not gonna go out of my way to get him like I did with Kale. If they can't produce enough for me to get one then Bandai's not getting my money, simple as that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:56 pm

FES SPECIAL re-release/re-paints ratio's:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

6+10+10+10=36
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Of course the one I want is the shortpack. :problem: Well, I'm not gonna go out of my way to get him like I did with Kale. If they can't produce enough for me to get one then Bandai's not getting my money, simple as that.
They've been pulling this shit since at least a decade, back from 08/09:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
24 Gogeta and 12 Bardock...

I do not understand them at all, why not evenly distribute... this is f***king joke, look at the Cho Shingi Den SSGSS KK Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
For every 24 of the main figure they produced 8 effects! 8?!?!

WCF Vol10 and Saiyans Bravery Vol 1 were more less evenly distributed why couldn't they stick with it? At least the WCD's aren't too bad.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I do not understand them at all, why not evenly distribute... this is f***king joke, look at the Cho Shingi Den SSGSS KK Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

WCF Vol10 and Saiyans Bravery Vol 1 were more less evenly distributed why couldn't they stick with it? At least the WCD's aren't too bad.
Why would you even WANT this figure without the effect?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:24 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I do not understand them at all, why not evenly distribute... this is f***king joke, look at the Cho Shingi Den SSGSS KK Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Why would you even WANT this figure without the effect?
Final Hope Slash Trunks was even worse... 30:6...just what the flip?! No wonder the main figure went as low as ¥600 that ratio is ridiculous.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:02 pm

So finally getting around to looking at the gashapon's from DBS, I have everything but the Capsule Scene Selections and Desktop figures but since they ended ages ago, no big deal. Anyway moving on!

(Might be some honey marks in the background, big fat stupid bees have been coming and going all day through the window!)

Ultimate Deformed Mascot (UDM):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The most common gashapon release usually coming out monthly and having various re-releases constantly, they are small and "deformed" because it has a big deal, the detail is actually good for the size and price (200 yen each) plus being keychain figures you can literally put them on anything that can house a keychain, like I put them on the zips in my pockets lol. Overall not bad, but I really wouldn't push the boat on these beyond a couple dollars.

VS Battle Series:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
My favourite (non premium) gashapon line! A massive improvement over the controversial first volume (which Bandai ended up re-releasing albeit still not in good quality) but I decided to collect from #4 onwards and I was surprised at how good they looked, love the KK colouring on Goku nice touch to the special (which hadn't aired yet when these came out). 100 yen more than the UDM's and more of infrequent release every few months, overall a very decent release.

Ultimate Grade (UG):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
A fan favourite line to the point Bandai were cheeky and decided to make a premium set of these (Broly SS4 and SS re-colours of #1 Goku and Vegeta). I can see why they're fairly tall, Vegetto is about 7cm from Base and have the like something more then a plain base. Like the VS series, this too is fairly infrequent with no announcement for #08 which is a surprise given it is a fan favourite line.

Zen-Oh SPECIAL:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Hi Zen-Oh. Adorable little set of this little trouble maker! Whole set is 800yen which isn't bad but they are fairly small.

PREMIUM HG Sets

ToP Goku vs Jiren R1:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Super popular set that got an unprecedented second shipment!!!! These actually came out nice, beatiufl colouring especially on Goku the gi is a nice and vibrant orange and the hair is this nice looking metallic blue! Very pleased with Bandai.

ToP "Climax":
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

(Don't have Hit or Gohan anymore, sold them). Anyway this again turned out great the silver on the hair is subtle, Bandai even managed to keep Kafla's hairband something I didn't expect them to do! Overall very nice set pleased with it for sure!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:03 am

Not Super related, but I’m a bit tempted to preorder the upcoming Heroes figures, specifically SSJ3 Bardock, (now sold out separately but available in the set with Gogeta) Transcendence Art Goku, and Final Form Mira WCF. I’ll probably end up getting those last 2 but SSJ3 Bardock I’m not sure cuz it comes out in May and I can only get it with Gogeta (who’s cool but it’s not really a figure I need) Back onto Super though, those HG look really nice. I want to preorder the Silver Edition but I have this bad feeling it won’t be as good as the prototype. That was the same reason I didn’t preorder the climax set but I was pleasantly mistaken with that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:00 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Not Super related, but I’m a bit tempted to preorder the upcoming Heroes figures, specifically SSJ3 Bardock, (now sold out separately but available in the set with Gogeta) Transcendence Art Goku, and Final Form Mira WCF. I’ll probably end up getting those last 2 but SSJ3 Bardock I’m not sure cuz it comes out in May and I can only get it with Gogeta (who’s cool but it’s not really a figure I need) Back onto Super though, those HG look really nice. I want to preorder the Silver Edition but I have this bad feeling it won’t be as good as the prototype. That was the same reason I didn’t preorder the climax set but I was pleasantly mistaken with that.
Ratio is 20 Gogeta and 16 SS3 Bardock, why they can't do an even split like FES is beyond me. Since I pre'd the SSGSS Big Goku not gonna bother with the DBH one, even though it does look nice!

That is the risk with Bandai! But the other risk is they're gonna go up in pricing immediately. I was shitting myself over the ToP Climax set seeing what they did to the U7 team one. Also the Goku vs Jiren set turned out a lot better then the prototypes so literally don't know what you gonna get with them.

Speaking of Bandai in their infinite wisdom for the UG BEST OF re-release they didn't pick a single SSGSS Goku despite all of them being hard to get for a good price....

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:19 am

Wow........ So I managed to find out how many cases for figures are ordered, unfortunately no access to pre April 2018 numbers but for next week's figures:

DXF SWSP SPECIAL: 183 cases ordered, each case has 36 figures which means 6,588 UI Goku's will be available in Japan.

Grandista Bardock: Also 183 cases ordered, each case has 28 figures which means 5,124 Grandista Bardock's will be available in Japan.

Should get May numbers in a few weeks!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Wow........ So I managed to find out how many cases for figures are ordered, unfortunately no access to pre April 2018 numbers but for next week's figures:

DXF SWSP SPECIAL: 183 cases ordered, each case has 36 figures which means 6,588 UI Goku's will be available in Japan.

Grandista Bardock: Also 183 cases ordered, each case has 28 figures which means 5,124 Grandista Bardock's will be available in Japan.

Interesting. Seems like Japan will be getting quite a few UI Gokus but in the end, popularity will probably be the reason it skyrockets, rather than a stock issue similar to Veku

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:21 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Wow........ So I managed to find out how many cases for figures are ordered, unfortunately no access to pre April 2018 numbers but for next week's figures:

Interesting. Seems like Japan will be getting quite a few UI Gokus but in the end, popularity will probably be the reason it skyrockets, rather than a stock issue similar to Veku
Plus this is the first regular prize figure UI Goku so extra incentive especially for those that lost the March Ichiban Kuji.

Money wise though Banpresto have made ¥9,369,600 selling those two cases... So about $87043.58...holy crap no wonder DB is making A LOT OF MONEY!

Edit-

This is the maximum Banpresto could have made from the March IBK...

¥871,041,600...Damn. The actual figure is probably lower then that but cba to work it out lol but that gives you an idea!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:50 pm

So I spent today trying to work out how to find out gashapon ratio's but they're not known in advance, shops won't get the ratio UNTIL they get their shipment... so meh. This Wednesday we have the UDM #31 and VS #06 out, wonder what shenanigans Bandai will pull... like why? Why can't things just be evenly split.

Today as been pretty productive though, manged to find an SCultures 5 Raditz for 1800yen and Vegetto Blue Final KMH for 1550yen! While I have the money I am trying to get the more rare-er figures that are under 4000yen before they go up even more (so not bothered about the SCultures 5 Bardock and Goku) next on my hunt list is SCultures 6 winning SS3 Goku (trying to get one for under 2000yen) and subsequent Super Vegeta and then last years SCultures SS4 Gogeta!

But what a productive week it has been I must say, only regret is not getting the information sooner! To sum up:

.We know in advance what week Banpresto figures will come out.
.How many figures will be in a case.
.What said ratio of case is.
.At the start of the month being able to know how many cases were ordered.

Thus should make it easier to decide what to get/pre order on!

This will be EXTREMELY helpful when the movie rolls out!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Sounds good man! I found a SSJ3 Scultures Goku on AmiAmi but it was 2,780 yen and you were looking for it below 2,000 yen. Also found the Hope Slash Trunks Sword piece on there too for around 2,400 yen but I don't have the Trunks so I don't think I'll get it. Wish I had bought the Kaioken aura piece while I could cuz without it, the Cho Shingi Goku figure isn't really that good. On a slightly off topic note, I've gotten hooked into the Heroes DXFs and bought the Beat SSG DXF at an anime store close to me, and then I bought the Gogeta and SSJ3 Bardock. Guess I'm not taking a break after all lmao. Maybe in August I'll chill a bit more with ordering stuff.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 am

Yamashita's SMSP SS4 Goku leaked:

Last week of August. Under the GT brand in Japan however internationally will be under the DBS brand (ironically the last two SMSP where DBS in Japan and Z internationally!) and Brush colouring only internationally.

Ratio as seen every 10 will be 4A 3B 3C 1D.

Pose isn't a KMH so I'll take it!

¥5000. Personally just after "THE ANIME" colouring if not I'll wait for international.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Found a pic of the SWSP UI Goku Box. It’s kinda the standard box style as the previous ones but with UI Goku. What’s interesting though (and I might actually be wrong about this) is that I think this is the first time on a Japanese box that they spell out in English “ULTRA INSTINCT” Image

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:45 am

May Ichiban Kuji finals... Run's until August... EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED lower prizes re using art.... BAH!

KV (Shitty promo artist):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prizes A,B,C,D,E&F:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Pize G:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Prize H:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Prize I:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]