Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 25/05/18).

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:12 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Sculptor talk.
Some of these look awesome. Especially those SSJ4 and Black ones. I'd get those if I had the spare cash

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 25/05/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon May 28, 2018 9:38 pm

Some information on Nakazawa I forgot to say yesterday, he's been on record saying despite doing a lot of SS he doesn't think it is very Toriyama like but he says it is cool. Very interesting. He also loves sculpting characters in casual clothes and does whenever he can.

Beyond sculpting he is also renowned for being a colourist and coloured variants for Yamashita's SMSP's no doubt he'd do the same for the SS4. (Which is probably why Yamashita doesn't display the coloured SMSPs)

If all that wasn't impressive enough Nakazawa still sculpts traditionally. Plus he still manages to compete in every annual BWFC to boot.

Still trying to find out who sculpts the Grandista line, nothing but dead ends so far I've asked around but nothing, yet.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 29, 2018 9:18 am

September Gashapon update!

UG line is finally back:

Dragon Ball Super UG #08

.Son Goku Ultra Instinct
.Son Goku Ultra Instinct "Omen"
.Jiren
.SSGSS.E Vegeta....LMAO JK AS IF it's really Super Saiyan Gogeta (cuz why the f**k not?)

Prototype scans will be out in a few days. September Week 4 set for release.

Delayed from August DBS SDBH SF #03:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That is it! No new UDM or VS. Movie is out in December leaves Oct-Nov left for leftover ToP gashapon stuff to come out beyond Goku/Jiren.... yeah not happening.

EDIT SPOKE TO SOON!

UDM #33

.Son Goku Ultra Instinct
.SS Gogeta (looks like they got some weird SS Gogeta fetish in September...)
.Kid Trunks
.Broly Dark
.Jeice

VS #08
.SSGSS Vegetto
.Son Goku
.Omega Shenron (一星龍 ?)
.SS3 Bardock
.SS Vegetto

Completely random VS and UDM... =

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Tue May 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Dang it lmao. For a sec I legit thought they were doing a SSB Evo Vegeta figure. On a different note, I just got my UI DXF and it is amazing! I’d say it’s of the same quality as the Vegetto Blue Kamehameha. Also, idk if the Japanese Box has this but the Grandista Rose figure says on a flap of the US box that it was sculpted by Hiroki Sugio

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 29, 2018 7:23 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:Dang it lmao. For a sec I legit thought they were doing a SSB Evo Vegeta figure. On a different note, I just got my UI DXF and it is amazing! I’d say it’s of the same quality as the Vegetto Blue Kamehameha. Also, idk if the Japanese Box has this but the Grandista Rose figure says on a flap of the US box that it was sculpted by Hiroki Sugio
Yeah it's the mystery sculptor! Though people suspect it is actually Varoq If you search "Hiroki Sugio VAROQ" in google you'll see. It's 100% a pen name there is a suspicious lack of info on "Hiroki Sugio"...though I'm not comfortable calling it completely yet so still treating it as unknown. Didn't wanna ask Varoq since if it is the case then obviously must be a reason why but the work is reminiscent of his. I guess I could just treat it as assumed for now.

"Hiroki's" face was even blanked here:
http://banprestowfc.com/figure/son-goku-young-adult/

Like I said it's been bothering me for months on end lol.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed May 30, 2018 4:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Dang it lmao. For a sec I legit thought they were doing a SSB Evo Vegeta figure. On a different note, I just got my UI DXF and it is amazing! I’d say it’s of the same quality as the Vegetto Blue Kamehameha. Also, idk if the Japanese Box has this but the Grandista Rose figure says on a flap of the US box that it was sculpted by Hiroki Sugio
Yeah it's the mystery sculptor! Though people suspect it is actually Varoq If you search "Hiroki Sugio VAROQ" in google you'll see. It's 100% a pen name there is a suspicious lack of info on "Hiroki Sugio"...though I'm not comfortable calling it completely yet so still treating it as unknown. Didn't wanna ask Varoq since if it is the case then obviously must be a reason why but the work is reminiscent of his. I guess I could just treat it as assumed for now.

I think you're right. A month or 2 ago when I was looking for statues VAROQ did, I saw that one in my search results and was confused because I clearly didn't say VAROQ on it. I wonder why he'd use that name though when he uses VAROQ but this is really making me want to collect the RoS line now

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 30, 2018 5:25 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I think you're right. A month or 2 ago when I was looking for statues VAROQ did, I saw that one in my search results and was confused because I clearly didn't say VAROQ on it. I wonder why he'd use that name though when he uses VAROQ but this is really making me want to collect the RoS line now
Problem is RoS line is very expensive now, gave up on it ages ago. Primarily now just focusing on new stuff anf given up hunting older figures after the ridiculous hunt of Raditz...

Anyway here is a comparison for Hiroki/Varoq:

Hiroki's Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Varoq's Goku:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Hiroki's Gohan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Varoq's Gohan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Hmmm. I can see why people think it's definitely him but I'm not 100% comfortable calling it as definite yet (I will wait until the BWFC and Grandista UI Goku are out and closely inspect them). As to why he'd do this if it is him I assume a means of getting more work he is free lance after all.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 30, 2018 5:30 pm

I don't know why they don't just do a Super Vegeta figure and do a Blue Evolved recolor of it....

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed May 30, 2018 7:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Varoq's Gohan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wait was it confirmed he did that? I looked on the box and I don't see his name anywhere
ArchedThunder wrote:I don't know why they don't just do a Super Vegeta figure and do a Blue Evolved recolor of it....
Me neither man. The SSB Vegeta figure they released this month for the Ichiban Kuji could've easily been SSB Evo but they've just been avoiding the form recently aside from a wafer sticker set

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:51 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Varoq's Gohan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Wait was it confirmed he did that? I looked on the box and I don't see his name anywhere
http://bfc.bpnavi.jp/z-tenkaichi6/sculptor_varoq.html

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 pm

2019 starts off with F Zero Broly....

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

¥9,180.

Remember when people thought Kale was supposed to replace him?

Oh man I wish this was Kale.

Waiting for Plex's August UI Gigantic Series reveal and price...

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed May 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Remember when people thought Kale was supposed to replace him?

Oh man I wish this was Kale.
Same. It's too bad that all she got so far is a WCF that was on the rare side and an ok Dragon Stars figure which is actually the one you need to build using the pieces from all 6 figures. I hope the Universe 6 Saiyans appear in the upcoming movie

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 5:32 am

UG & VS #08 prototype scans...

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Waiting on UDM scan now. VS is so godamn random I swear Bandai...

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu May 31, 2018 6:05 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:UG & VS #08 prototype scans...

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice, love these see-through hair figures, UI should look great. Does it come out August?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 8:54 am

mute_proxy wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Nice, love these see-through hair figures, UI should look great. Does it come out August?
4th week of September.

Be warned though Bandai have some sort of obsession to under ratio Goku's* & this is a super popular fan favourite line in Japan & stores have now added an extra ¥500 to pre orders so ~¥2500 to pre now. Unlike Banpresto we won't know Bandai's ratios until stores get shipments, the last couple of months Bandai haven't under ratiod anything hopefully they keep it that way!

*Back earlier this year Bandai in their infinite wisdom decided to under ratio both SSGSS Goku from UG #07 I can maybe understand one but both?!?! I refuse to pay over ¥900 for one of these, both Goku's got and still are at ridiculous prices.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 31, 2018 10:29 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
4th week of September.

Be warned though Bandai have some sort of obsession to under ratio Goku's* & this is a super popular fan favourite line in Japan & stores have now added an extra ¥500 to pre orders so ~¥2500 to pre now. Unlike Banpresto we won't know Bandai's ratios until stores get shipments, the last couple of months Bandai haven't under ratiod anything hopefully they keep it that way!

*Back earlier this year Bandai in their infinite wisdom decided to under ratio both SSGSS Goku from UG #07 I can maybe understand one but both?!?! I refuse to pay over ¥900 for one of these, both Goku's got and still are at ridiculous prices.
When is the new SSGSSE Vegeta figure is going to come out? Why don't they give us this instead of more Brolys.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 10:51 am

majinwarman wrote: When is the new SSGSSE Vegeta figure is going to come out? Why don't they give us this instead of more Brolys.
October and November final months left for Bandai until the big movie month and they're probably gonna just be re-releases. But yeah Bandai just have massive boners for Broly and the two fusions (Gogeta/Vegetto).

Banpresto nothing SSGSS.E from Jan-Nov....

2018 has been a massive slap in the face for Vegeta. The guy has barely got anything this year. Ridiculous. The year when we finally get top quality figures across the board too.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 31, 2018 10:55 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: When is the new SSGSSE Vegeta figure is going to come out? Why don't they give us this instead of more Brolys.
October and November final months left for Bandai until the big movie month and they're probably gonna just be re-releases. But yeah Bandai just have massive boners for Broly and the two fusions (Gogeta/Vegetto).

2018 has been a massive slap in the face for Vegeta. The guy has barely got anything this year. Ridiculous. The year when we finally get top quality figures across the board too.
I just want it so please keep us informed when it is finally comes out.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 am

majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I just want it so please keep us informed when it is finally comes out.
There is this in July:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's supposedly regular just SSGSS but can't make out his eyes, unfortunately we won't get coloured version revealed until then but I am not holding my breath.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 12:10 pm

June Ichiban Kuji boxes etc revealed:

Figures A,B&LO:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Yup boxes are huge...!

Glass:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Art canvas:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]