Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by SSGSS Goku » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:06 pm

I actually bought the UG Best Set as well and I actually quite like them compared to other gashapon series. And the site I bought them from had the full set for $20 which was a good deal

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Evolution of Nakzawa's SSG WCF Goku:

Safe to say he got better at doing the WCFs lol. I managed to find the middle one (BoG WCF Vol.4) for 700yen! Also Nakzawa has done every Banpresto SSG Goku!

BoG WCF Vol.1 was released 4th April 2013 (few days after the movie opened March 30th) here was the catalogue scan from December 2012:

That is what we can expect for the next month when the new movie's WCF drop! Rest of the BoG incl DXF wasn't out until 2014.
SSGSS Goku wrote:I actually bought the UG Best Set as well and I actually quite like them compared to other gashapon series. And the site I bought them from had the full set for $20 which was a good deal
Considering each one is ¥500 that is a pretty good deal. I didn't really fancy the rest tbh.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: There is a November SDBH Transcendence art figure that hasn't been revealed yet, Vol.1&2 were SSGSS Goku & Vegeta so it's looking likely to be Vegetto! We'll find out any day now when catalogues sent out to game statations!
I thought it might be Trunks or Cumber/Kanba but I can see it being Vegetto.
Also on a bit of a different topic, I see why you think UI Ichiban Kuji from May wasn’t that good. I’d probably sell it if it weren’t UI. Glad I was also able to get Varoq’s one today too though. That one is phenomenal and it will probably be the best statue of UI until the Grandista comes out.
Called it:

Knowing how much they love to wank Vegetto was inevitable. Great sculpt btw on the main figure the hair is gorgeous!
:o Just what I was hoping for, good call... I Love his new colorway. too bad Goku and Vegeta likely won't be using their Capsule Corp outfits outside of SDBH.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm happy there's finally a RoF-esque outfit for Vegetto, even if instead of doing it in Super they did it in Heroes. :mrgreen:
DasMuse wrote: :o Just what I was hoping for, good call... I Love his new colorway. too bad Goku and Vegeta likely won't be using their Capsule Corp outfits outside of SDBH.
Agreed, the outfit looks great... Even has the proper belt too! Just even more frustrating that the RF outfits got changed back in DBS so much potential... Oh well at least Nakazawa loves them and sculpts them whenever the opportunity arises for SSGSS, like last December's DBS WCF Vol.10 despite everything having the regular gi or his choices for this September reprint set. Bless him.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am

November Catalogue scans, release week, box sizes & ratios, better look at Vegetto, looks much better!
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

DBZel7

Post by DBZel7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:11 am

Long time lurker, but first post here. Appreciate all the time you put in Baggie_Saiyan.

May not be the best place to ask, but does anyone have information on the DBZ Tour in America. I was looking to go and pick up some of the exclusive figures but I can't seem to find any details on ticket sales. Are there tickets at all, or is everyone admitted?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November Catalogue scans, release week, box sizes & ratios, better look at Vegetto, looks much better!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I really want this one. Any idea if it will be available on Ami Ami or the like?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:35 pm

DBZel7 wrote:Long time lurker, but first post here. Appreciate all the time you put in Baggie_Saiyan.

May not be the best place to ask, but does anyone have information on the DBZ Tour in America. I was looking to go and pick up some of the exclusive figures but I can't seem to find any details on ticket sales. Are there tickets at all, or is everyone admitted?
Here's the official website, maybe it has what your looking for.

Also welcome to the forum and thank you! I've basically just treated this thread as like a blog lol.
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:November Catalogue scans, release week, box sizes & ratios, better look at Vegetto, looks much better!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I really want this one. Any idea if it will be available on Ami Ami or the like?
Should be yeah! Though Ami have been a bit slow listing figures recently.

About that figure Suzuki said they had a hard time with the hair in particular, which isn't unsurprising, but I think it turned out fine! Been a good year for SS4 in general, Suzuki, Nakazawa and Yamashita all doing great sculpts!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 am

Okay, now that Vegetto looks good, it was just a weird angle for the first image.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:21 pm

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
The only one that looks interesting is the Vegetoo figure.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:59 pm

So basically here's the schedule for the next couple of months for when new information should show up:

Anyday- Gigantic Series SSGSS.E Vegeta should be revealed.

End of July- I'll get sent Bandai's November gashapon releases with catalogue scans appearing a few days later.

Early August- December Banpresto movie prototypes and catalogue scans. (Also Jan solicitations). Movie Ichiban Kuji info is 50/50 depending on if they plan to release it overseas, if they do we'll get more on that.

End of August- Bandai's December movie gashapons.

Early September- Next Prize Fair, will show off figures from Jan-March 2019 presumably also the December movie figures that haven't been blanked out.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:12 am

I'm excited for the movie merch, I hope we get lots of good stuff.
Give me a Grandista or something similar for the new Saiyan.
Also, what ever happened to Master Stars Piece? Did they just kill the line off?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:39 am

BWFC sketch leaks:

Varoq doing #17! Quite happy with this actually not your typical Goku's, Vegeta's & Trunks'. Piccolo is nice. No godamn fusions is a plus!

ArchedThunder wrote:I'm excited for the movie merch, I hope we get lots of good stuff.
Give me a Grandista or something similar for the new Saiyan.
Also, what ever happened to Master Stars Piece? Did they just kill the line off?
Theu replaced it with the SUPER MASTER STARS PIECE/DIORAMA line but the nature of those lines don't allow for many releases so looks like the Grandista line has replaced it for regular prize figures, bigger and more quality.

As for Grandista for the movie depends on if Varoq/Hiroki is doing the "Ultimate Soldiers" line, since it has soldiers in the name like his "Resolution of Soldiers". But even so the popularity of the grandista we'll get some movie stuff with it eventually. The new Saiyan will almost definitely get an Ichiban Kuji (hopefully it is the 25cm top quality IBK for the movie).

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:53 am

Can't edit the post damn, but sculptors confirmed:
Korea:
Philippines:
Spain:
Mexico (returning):
Finally Japan:

Knew Nakazawa was doing that Goku! But wow big year 9 sculptors! Japan will probably win again but I wonder if all will get reproduced.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Our first DBS movie merch revealed (spoilers)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Probably incentive for pre booking tickets. I guess we can predict what the Ultimate Soldiers line will consist of now... And also probably why they're going in hard for the movie, all makes sense...

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Our first DBS movie merch revealed (spoilers)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Probably incentive for pre booking tickets. I guess we can predict what the Ultimate Soldiers line will consist of now... And also probably why they're going in hard for the movie, all makes sense...
Dragon Ball Super Broly?! :?

What... :shock:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just look at this poster man. https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/10 ... 6260535296
Majinwarman

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:20 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just look at this poster man. https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/10 ... 6260535296
So this is legit?

If so, I really don't know how to feel about that...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Of course after I post the info schedule two unexpected things get leaked... :lol:

Bandai are gonna have a f**king field day. Their mouth must be dripping with saliva...

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:26 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: Dragon Ball Super Broly?! :?

So this is legit?

If so, I really don't know how to feel about that...
It's not fully confirmed yet, but it is starting to look like it.
Majinwarman