Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by Nafno » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

So far every single UI Omen is a repaint of a Mastered UI, meaning no shirt. Isn't it?

I would like a UI Omen with the shirt like he appeared in the anime, but I don't know if I am going to have that luck.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:13 am

Nafno wrote:So far every single UI Omen is a repaint of a Mastered UI, meaning no shirt. Isn't it?

I would like a UI Omen with the shirt like he appeared in the anime, but I don't know if I am going to have that luck.
Except for the now expensive ToP HG PBandai Set and this months awful DBS SDBH SF gashapon pretty much yeah (also UDM from April). It is why I sold my LO "Omen" from the May IBK, the lack of blue shirt was bothering me and regretted getting it. The only hope left is for the FES line when they inevitably re-use the UI mould for "Omen" hopefully they add the shirt, but given how busy Nakazawa is I don't think it'll happen.

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

The DBS Trunks figuarts figure is up for order on Nippon-Yasan if anyone was looking to get it.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:29 am

I think that one is available for preorder on CDJapan as well. I might pick it up. On another note, guess I’m not gonna be getting the Match Makers Goku and Freeza anytime soon as much as I want to. I was planning on getting them today but Freeza was sold out and I saw the UI Ichiban Kuji in stock (the May one) and I knew I had to get that at a good price so I went for that instead.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Confirmed: Hiroki Sugio is Varoq (well rather the other way around.) Spent the last few weeks researching and asking around the Japanese community but the final piece of evidence came last night.

Here's a reminder all the DBS sculpts Varoq has done under Hiroki:

DXF:
[spoiler]Vol 1
Vol 2
Vol 3
ImageVol 3 Final Ver:
Vol 4Image
Vol 4 Final Ver:
Vol 5:
Image[/spoiler]

Grandista RoS:

[spoiler]Goku Black Feb 18:
Final Version:
Goku July:
Image[/spoiler]

September '17 IBK:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

December '17 IBK:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll still refer to him depending what name he uses.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 04/05/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:51 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Hey Baggie, are there any live pictures of the upcoming June DB WCF set? I'm wondering if the wedding figures look any better than the original DWC ones or are they identical
Blue stand old ones:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 03/06/18).

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:31 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey alakazam^ any idea what Prize E is? Thanks!
It's a smartphone ring holder.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Hey Baggie, are there any live pictures of the upcoming June DB WCF set? I'm wondering if the wedding figures look any better than the original DWC ones or are they identical
Blue stand old ones:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh daaaamn need those :o

Nevermind.. the heck is up with that price??

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:00 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Blue stand old ones:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh daaaamn need those :o

Nevermind.. the heck is up with that price??
They're officially out this Wednesday but the wedding dress WCFs for June were only available to order from the smaller game stations in Japan so despite ratio's being good in could still be rare because of that.
alakazam^ wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hey alakazam^ any idea what Prize E is? Thanks!
It's a smartphone ring holder.
Thank you. That's a nice change of pace from the usual smaller prizes. But now we have a lot of smaller prizes for this IBK and I need 3 of the Prize A SS Goku's....

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:00 am

July final versions finally went live....

5/7 G&G Bulma:

12/7 FES SPECIAL reprints & recolour:

12/7 WCD Vol.1:

18/7 Grandista Goku #03:

27/7 FES STAGE 7:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 am

WCD Vol. 1 final versions IRL and boxes:

Prototype from spring prize fair:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Went ahead and pre'd these don't wanna take the gamble!

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:WCD Vol. 1 final versions IRL and boxes:

Prototype from spring prize fair:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Went ahead and pre'd these don't wanna take the gamble!
Not bad but still waiting for Vegeta's new form figure.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:06 am

Grandista UI Goku Japanese vs Overseas final versions.

Japan:

Overseas:

Prototype Japan was a lot more muted.

Better look at FES SPECIAL Colouring:

Better look at FES Stage 7 finals:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:02 pm

I really hope we get a shirtless Full Power Jiren to go with some of these UI Goku figure. I bet he'd look amazing with a detailed sculpt.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:I really hope we get a shirtless Full Power Jiren to go with some of these UI Goku figure. I bet he'd look amazing with a detailed sculpt.
Only way that will happen is if the winner of this years BWFC decides to pick Jiren for their special as the BWFC winner gets free reign to sculpt anything for their special release (unless Goku gets a new form).

2015 the special was SSGSS Goku (and Golden Freeza since there were two winners).
2016 was Super Vegeta (yawn)
2017 SS4 Gogeta (more yawn)
2018 UI Goku.

2016/17 we could have had a proper Hit, Zamasu etc but the winning sculptors chose boring characters that were already options for the BWFC anyway! What a waste.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:29 am

Man the BWFC Special UI Goku is finally here and it looks stunning! Absolutely love the pose, detail and likeness of Goku :thumbup:
Now I need the Omen version of this :twisted:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:18 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:Man the BWFC Special UI Goku is finally here and it looks stunning! Absolutely love the pose, detail and likeness of Goku :thumbup:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
My boy Varoq is too good. Totally shits on the May Ichiban Kuji. Only criticism I have is like the UI DXF the pants are darker then I would like. I'd love Banpresto to do an actual "Omen" with the blue shirt.

I finally shipped mine off, I held off because I wanted to get the June WCFs too.... But they're mad expensive for some reason. /:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:19 am

October gashapons starting to get leaked:

UDM THE BEST #27 (reprint)
.UI "Omen" Goku
.Vegetto Blue
.Masked Saiyan nonsense
.Quitela
.#18

(Hopefully I can still edit this post later.)

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:14 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:Man the BWFC Special UI Goku is finally here and it looks stunning! Absolutely love the pose, detail and likeness of Goku :thumbup:

My boy Varoq is too good. Totally shits on the May Ichiban Kuji. Only criticism I have is like the UI DXF the pants are darker then I would like. I'd love Banpresto to do an actual "Omen" with the blue shirt.

I finally shipped mine off, I held off because I wanted to get the June WCFs too.... But they're mad expensive for some reason. /:
Agreed, I've seen a YT video where someone did a comparison between the two and the IK Goku was so underwhelming next to Varoq's and to think the former is much more expensive too lol. A proper Blue shirt Omen with actual silver streaks over the black hair would be such a dream tho!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:24 pm

SuperNingenGod wrote: Agreed, I've seen a YT video where someone did a comparison between the two and the IK Goku was so underwhelming next to Varoq's and to think the former is much more expensive too lol. A proper Blue shirt Omen with actual silver streaks over the black hair would be such a dream tho!
The May IBK have been the most disappointing release of 2018 and not great QC by Banpresto either, a Japanese mate had to get replacements sent because of poor QC like on thir LO "Omen" the body wasn't connected properly. Perhaps this is why Banpresto re-use moulds constantly...

The FES line will no doubt re-use mould for UI (unless it's ending) just a matter of hoping it'll add the blue shirt. I have the regular UI on pre but will cancel if blue shirt "Omen" gets revealed. Or I'll keep both.

But what I really need to do is start saving for the new movie lol.