Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures.

Post by Chuquita » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 pm

I do really like Gokû in his EoZ dougi, even if I don't care much for EoZ itself.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:So what are all the Ultra Instinct figures/statues/merchandise shown or at least announced so far?
March:
[spoiler]Ichiban Kuji Saiyans reach their limit Prize A and DC Prize
UDM #30:

Adverge:
Shodo:
WCF:
P Bandai Omen:
Image[/spoiler]

April:
[spoiler]DXF SPECIAL:
Omen UDM #31:
DB vs DBS #6
Image[/spoiler]

May:
[spoiler]Ichiban Kuji:
Prize A
LO Prize Omen:
Image[/spoiler]

June:
[spoiler]Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL:
Image[/spoiler]

July:
FES SPECIAL
GRANDISTA RoS.

HeroR wrote: I think Black and Rose sells a lot too since they're still making a lot of new figures for him. Heck, I've seen more new figures of Black in general over almost everyone from the TOP.

Also Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan being so popular is funny considering how it's seen as a 'loser' form by the handcore fandom.
For sure, probably goes Goku-Vegeta-Black&Vegetto.

Do people really see SSGSS like that? Didn't know. It's the marketed form since 2015 there's gotta be a reason for that.
On here they do.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Varoq's BWFC SPECIAL better quality:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Speaking of Varoq, he followed me on Twitter yesterday and I had a fan boy moment over it :lol: He's my favourite sculptor next to Nakazawa (who is sculpting the entire DBS Son Goku FES line and killing it!)

Well looks like the OP needs updating, probably do it tonight.
Does this figure come with a stand or a base? I was thinking about pre-ordering it.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:56 pm

A lot of the Ultra Instinct figures have been looking really nice so far, especially the Varoq one and the May Ichiban Kuji one. I’m looking forward to finally getting a UI Omen Goku figure from Banpresto as well (even though it’s probably gonna be really expensive since it’s Ichiban Kuji)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Speaking of Varoq, he followed me on Twitter yesterday and I had a fan boy moment over it :lol: He's my favourite sculptor next to Nakazawa (who is sculpting the entire DBS Son Goku FES line and killing it!)

Does this figure come with a stand or a base? I was thinking about pre-ordering it.
Going from the past similar figures it probably does come
With a base.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:25 pm

SSGSS Goku wrote:A lot of the Ultra Instinct figures have been looking really nice so far, especially the Varoq one and the May Ichiban Kuji one. I’m looking forward to finally getting a UI Omen Goku figure from Banpresto as well (even though it’s probably gonna be really expensive since it’s Ichiban Kuji)
Perhaps not. The prize distributions for May IBK are lower at 61 the March one for comparison is 72. So at 61 prizes they should clear a lot sooner and so the LO prize in this case Omen Goku will probably be faster to get ahold of. Price wise it depends, I think UI Goku will still be more sought after so it shouldn't be too much, December IBK LO Prize was a SSGSS Vegeta and was going for about ¥9,000- 10,000 when the IBK went on sale, however a month later it dropped well over half to about ¥4,800 and that's how much I picked mine up for.

So I'd just wait until June to see what the values are for the May IBK.

I managed to pre order my UI Goku from the March IBK months ago for a decent price, so I'm all relaxed now as December IBK was a mad panic lol.
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Almsot definitely will, stands/bases are hardly shown in these images.

Edit- What Kinokima said.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Goku figures reaching peak saturation here... Hoping we get more of the other characters aside from mini figures at some point. They're nice but I'm into the larger statues.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:22 pm

OP is all pretty much all up to date now! Also for the Banpresto side decided to add logo's where able just to help spruce the OP up a bit, looks a bit bland with just words and spoiler tags lol.

Bandai side needs cleaning up etc and adding logo's too, so I'll try and attempt that tomorrow.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:08 am

Kagari wrote:Goku figures reaching peak saturation here... Hoping we get more of the other characters aside from mini figures at some point. They're nice but I'm into the larger statues.
The merch department are LAZY AF don't expect them to get out their comfort zone especially now since DBS is ending, the ToP presented a lot of opportunity for merching especially since the old cast became relevant again but they did f**king nothing with it, Jiren is the only non U7 fighter to get any real sort of merch and we had what over a 100 new characters??? I swear.

It's a joke. Instead they wanna use the good DBS brand name to sell shitty GT and Z related stuff, it's disgusting to be honest. Whenever a non DBS line of figures gets a DBS related figure they always change the name to DBS so why can't they for the opposite? Total joke.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Kagari wrote:Goku figures reaching peak saturation here... Hoping we get more of the other characters aside from mini figures at some point. They're nice but I'm into the larger statues.
The merch department are LAZY AF don't expect them to get out their comfort zone especially now since DBS is ending, the ToP presented a lot of opportunity for merching especially since the old cast became relevant again but they did f**king nothing with it, Jiren is the only non U7 fighter to get any real sort of merch and we had what over a 100 new characters??? I swear.

It's a joke. Instead they wanna use the good DBS brand name to sell shitty GT and Z related stuff, it's disgusting to be honest. Whenever a non DBS line of figures gets a DBS related figure they always change the name to DBS so why can't they for the opposite? Total joke.
Yeah as you know I collect Vegeta figures but I am so tired of the SSJB Vegeta in his his Cell armor where he is doing almost the exact same pose every time. It just gets boring. It comes to the point I won’t even buy these figures anymore.

At least with the Goku UI figures it’s something new even if it’s a bit too much Goku. I’ll give them credit the figures look really awesome, especially Varoq’s.

As for new characters I’d like to see nice figures of Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Kefla, God Toppo, and Android 18 & Android 17 in their tournament wear.

It’s funny they focus on Jiren because his design is so generic compared to the above.

And also non-tournament but could someone anyone make a nice Adult Bulma figure. Every Bulma figure is always from Dragon Ball sigh.

BrandonR24
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrandonR24 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:20 am

I'm really thinking about buying that Ultra Instinct Figure with Goku doing the Kamehameha. Is this it?

https://toywiz.com/dragon-ball-super-dx ... vc-figure/

I mean I see it on eBay, but I feel like buying it from retailer would be easier.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:37 am

BrandonR24 wrote:I'm really thinking about buying that Ultra Instinct Figure with Goku doing the Kamehameha. Is this it?

I mean I see it on eBay, but I feel like buying it from retailer would be easier.
Yes that is the one, and yeah avoid eBay at all costs (sellers mark up prices all the time), does that $29 include shipping? The base Japanese value for these prize figures are usually $12 or so, but most stores selling at that the pre's have sold out (plus there is shipping on top of the $12) so if shipping is included from Toywiz then $29 is not a bad deal as most eBay sellers will probably sell it at $30-40 possibly more giving it is Goku's new form.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BrandonR24 wrote:I'm really thinking about buying that Ultra Instinct Figure with Goku doing the Kamehameha. Is this it?

Yes that is the one, and yeah avoid eBay at all costs (sellers mark up prices all the time), does that $29 include shipping? The base Japanese value for these prize figures are usually $12 or so, but most stores selling at that the pre's have sold out (plus there is shipping on top of the $12) so if shipping is included from Toywiz then $29 is not a bad deal as most eBay sellers will probably sell it at $30-40 possibly more giving it is Goku's new form.
Toywiz tends to mark up and even scalp figures if they're "premium" enough. For a while they were selling the Dragon Stars Hit for like $35 alone, way more than the rest.

BrandonR24
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrandonR24 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:46 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Just put it in my cart, looks like it's 5.99 standard shipping, I'm going to go ahead and order it. Thanks for the info!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:49 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

So you mean all the 60+ different characters that were introduced in the ToP from the other universes won’t even get merch?? Wtf!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:56 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: Toywiz tends to mark up and even scalp figures if they're "premium" enough. For a while they were selling the Dragon Stars Hit for like $35 alone, way more than the rest.
That is interesting, guess scalpers just can't be helped. $35 for those Dragon Stars? That is pretty disgusting to be honest...
GodVegetto91 wrote:So you mean all the 60+ different characters that were introduced in the ToP from the other universes won’t even get merch?? Wtf!
Kale one mini figure. Caulifla one mini figure. Kafla one mini figure (premium). Kalfa one mini keychain figure. Bergamo one mini keychain figure and mouse GoD one mini keychain figure that is it for the non Jiren new characters... Meanwhile we've probably had 40 different types of SSGSS Goku since the arc started last Feb :lol: ...

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Toywiz tends to mark up and even scalp figures if they're "premium" enough. For a while they were selling the Dragon Stars Hit for like $35 alone, way more than the rest.
That is interesting, guess scalpers just can't be helped. $35 for those Dragon Stars? That is pretty disgusting to be honest...
GodVegetto91 wrote:So you mean all the 60+ different characters that were introduced in the ToP from the other universes won’t even get merch?? Wtf!
Kale one mini figure. Caulifla one mini figure. Kafla one mini figure (premium). Kalfa one mini keychain figure. Bergamo one mini keychain figure and mouse GoD one mini keychain figure that is it for the non Jiren new characters... Meanwhile we've probably had 40 different types of SSGSS Goku since the arc started last Feb :lol: ...
Merchandise the saga everyone!

I'm so quoting this post the next time people say that Super is just selling toys.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:27 pm

HeroR wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Merchandise the saga everyone!

I'm so quoting this post the next time people say that Super is just selling toys.
Kale, Caulifla and Jiren are the hardest figures to get out of their respective sets too. I don't know whether that's because they had lower production runs or if people are snatching them up to scalp, but they typically sell for several times retail price if you didn't preorder them. But the old characters? Piss easy to get.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:30 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Kale, Caulifla and Jiren are the hardest figures to get out of their respective sets too. I don't know whether that's because they had lower production runs or if people are snatching them up to scalp, but they typically sell for several times retail price if you didn't preorder them. But the old characters? Piss easy to get.
I'm more mad that there's no Control Berserk Kale figures since it's honestly the best golden Super Saiyan form to date and it gets no love.
Kanassa wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:32 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Kale, Caulifla and Jiren are the hardest figures to get out of their respective sets too. I don't know whether that's because they had lower production runs or if people are snatching them up to scalp, but they typically sell for several times retail price if you didn't preorder them. But the old characters? Piss easy to get.
Probably Banpresto being cheeky bastards again. For the Final Hope Slash Trunks the one with the separate sword piece they released one sword per SIX regular figures!!! Thus the actual Trunks figure is dirt cheap about 800yen but the sword is like 3-4 times that cost...!