Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Yeah, is Trunks

GTx10
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by GTx10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:38 pm

I must admit that UI Son Goku (model kit) looks rather odd. Vegeta and Rr-colored Goku look good. What happened to UI? Also SS4 Goku and Vegeta kits? Yes please!!!
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:05 am

New page time to repost this:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay as we wind down to Wednesday & latter parts of the month, time to update the house rules of this thread:

a) Goes without saying but no discussing anything plot related from here on in.

b) No descriptions of characters & forms that haven't been revealed yet and no blurry pics UNLESS it's of merchandise.

c) V Jump will leak on the weekend probably so posting any merch scans from that is fine & only merch scans, I predict they'll fully reveal the Ichiban Kuji & some of the gashapons.

d) Towards the end of the month the rest of the December blanked merch will be revealed so if folks want to avoid seeing art etc then wise to avoid this thread.

e) Enjoy. It's been basically 6 years since we've been waiting for DB to get the same lovin' as One Piece so kick back and watch all the merch roll out! We've f**king deserved this!

===============

New movie sticker sheets:

New general promo art of Broly and Freeza:
Art left to be revealed is Shikishi, Wafer, gashapon art & 1 puzzle gum. I hope these aren't too spoilery when it comes to depicting action etc hopefully just generic poses and attacks.

Disappointed Ichiban Kuji art isn't movie related especially since good promo artist took over in October.

I wonder how much general promo art they have of new character. I can't imagine it'd be too much.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: New movie sticker sheets:
That's a bit odd since the movie supposedly fixed naked Freeza's look to his original look

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:30 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: New movie sticker sheets:
That's a bit odd since the movie supposedly fixed naked Freeza's look to his original look

It's possible they manufactured the stickers with the design before the backlash. Or they only fixed Frieza in that scene and he still retains this appearance for more of the flashback

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:38 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:

It's possible they manufactured the stickers with the design before the backlash. Or they only fixed Frieza in that scene and he still retains this appearance for more of the flashback
The dude that streamed the whole plot said he wears his armor when greeting the saiyans and after, and that the only difference from original design was the pink color palette

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:57 am

mute_proxy wrote:
MKCSTEALTH wrote:

The dude that streamed the whole plot said he wears his armor when greeting the saiyans and after, and that the only difference from original design was the pink color palette
What?! Fuck that. The design was great. To see it gone is the saddest thing I've heard about the movie...
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:20 pm

From what I heard Freeza has the armorless look in the opening of the movie and then puts on his armor later.

Anyways;
So it will be interesting to see how this might affect merch, as well as whether or not the anime does a Broly retelling, the manga is skipping Broly and going right into the next arc.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:27 pm

Some of the December Wafer sticker, VS, UDM minus movie character & Adverge :Image

VS Broly turned out great!

DasMuse
Beyond Newbie

Post by DasMuse » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:21 am

I realize this is old news now, but when was a Kaiohken version of X-plus Gigantic SSGSS Goku announced? I must have missed that...

I randomly seen a video of the hair glowing on facebook and thought it was a custom... When I realized it wasn't I quickly picked one up on Mandarake for $250. I'm glad I managed to find it at a decent price so quickly after seeing the prices on ebay.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:46 am

DasMuse wrote:I realize this is old news now, but when was a Kaiohken version of X-plus Gigantic SSGSS Goku announced? I must have missed that...

I randomly seen a video of the hair glowing on facebook and thought it was a custom... When I realized it wasn't I quickly picked one up on Mandarake for $250. I'm glad I managed to find it at a decent price so quickly after seeing the prices on ebay.
Announced November 2017 & shipped February 2018. Bandai's base value was ¥16,200 because of the gimmick sad thing is we're getting close to that price on the series but with no gimmicks. Gimmicks are the sugar that help make the medicine go down when it comes to price, it's why I didn't feel bad when ordering the Premium HG movie Enemy edition.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Image

Is that Blue Evolved Vegeta?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:06 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is that Blue Evolved Vegeta?
Indeed:
====
Honestly the KC Broly is gonna take have to take some beating to overcome the title of best DB figure! Thing is too incredible. Would love to get the metallic version but no way it will be under 2kg so shipping plus base value will probably be ridiculous!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

With the reveal of a new original arc in the Super manga set the start in December, this would certainly explain why the merch of the DBS Broly grinds to halt in Japan in February. Bandai are gearing up for whatever Toyotaro is cooking in the manga.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:With the reveal of a new original arc in the Super manga set the start in December, this would certainly explain why the merch of the DBS Broly grinds to halt in Japan in February. Bandai are gearing up for whatever Toyotaro is cooking in the manga.
I'm pretty convinced we're getting a retelling especially since Broly VA will apparently be on the Jump Festa panel. Just doesn't make sense for Banpresto to ignore the movie for 4 months especially since there is still a lot from the movie they could still market.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Better look at VS & Adverge, Goku wearing a nappy.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:00 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Better look at VS & Adverge, Goku wearing a nappy.
Damn I pre-ordered the adverge hoping the two blacked out figure would be Gogeta, not kid Raditz and baby Goku. Ah well. Full Power Broly, Rage Broly, and God Vegeta more than make up for it

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:56 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:
Damn I pre-ordered the adverge hoping the two blacked out figure would be Gogeta, not kid Raditz and baby Goku. Ah well. Full Power Broly, Rage Broly, and God Vegeta more than make up for it
So did 99.9% of everyone. Bandai cucked us all! I'm still mad pissed they wasted a WCF on Raditz... King Cold, Cheelai, Lemo etc but no kid bloody Raditz...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 am

New promo art of SSGSS Goku on this lanyard & popcorn DB holder:
Waiting for a clean scan of that phenomenal V Jump cover. Promo art for this movie has been pretty great overall!

So Bandai just used the top half of September IBK Goku for the March IBK:
Wow.

Also I didn't realise it but Fu was the mystery figure for the December SDBH DBS SF:
No "New Theatrical Character" reveal in V Jump.....

Literally the only place left to reveal it would be at Jump Anime Festa November 25th.

Ichiban Kuji starts December 4th. Bandai's final versions will be revealed 3rd December & Banpresto final versions should be revealed on Friday which is 23rd... so I literally have no idea what's going on with the reveal.