Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Burakku wrote:Dunno where to ask this and it isn't thread worthy...

But want to know if Black is any popular in JP?
Very. He's had every release under the sun under every line there isn't much left they can do with him but I'm sure he'll still get stuff here and there.

Best testament is the fact Bandai raised the price of the Gigantic Series Goku Black to ¥14,400 minus shipping & yet reservations I'm pretty sure sold out in record history.

Also remember DBS didn't start to get proper marketing & merchandising until 2017 so they didn't even have that simultaneous marketing hype with him.

Burakku

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Burakku » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Burakku wrote:Dunno where to ask this and it isn't thread worthy...

But want to know if Black is any popular in JP?
Very. He's had every release under the sun under every line there isn't much left they can do with him but I'm sure he'll still get stuff here and there.

Best testament is the fact Bandai raised the price of the Gigantic Series Goku Black to ¥14,400 minus shipping & yet reservations I'm pretty sure sold out in record history.

Also remember DBS didn't start to get proper marketing & merchandising until 2017 so they didn't even have that simultaneous marketing hype with him.
Oh nice to hear thank you

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:25 pm

I was wondering: Does the design of characters have any effect on their interest to sculptors? I've noticed Super Saiyan characters like Goku, Goku Black, Vegeta, Gohan get tons of designs. But more plain designs like Jiren, Merged Zamasu, and Hit have been passed even though they were major characters in their respective arcs. My only guess is either the popularity of the characters in Japan and that their designs are nothing that would really challenge or interesting a sculptor

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:I was wondering: Does the design of characters have any effect on their interest to sculptors? I've noticed Super Saiyan characters like Goku, Goku Black, Vegeta, Gohan get tons of designs. But more plain designs like Jiren, Merged Zamasu, and Hit have been passed even though they were major characters in their respective arcs. My only guess is either the popularity of the characters in Japan and that their designs are nothing that would really challenge or interesting a sculptor
It's actually a bit complicated.

Banpresto is what largely have the sculptors hands tied as they're the ones that plan figures (with some exceptions) they usually plan/start production on figures in about a year in advance, this is how it usually goes:
>Banpresto plan a figure.
>Request a sculptor to sculpt a prototype of what they desire
>Supervise Sculptors work and any needs for "corrections"
>Sculptor completes protoype
>Prototype shown off at events such as prize fair
>2nd stage prototype phase begins
>More supervision and corrections if needed
>Once done then sent off to factory for final version mass production.

BWFC is an exemption as chosen sculptors get free reign on a character they pick except they're restricted to a given list of characters to pick from, except when a sculptor wins then they get a special release free reign on anything.... Except if there is a big form. The two years that there happened to be no big forms the winners picked Super Vegeta and SS4 Gogeta who were on the initial list which was FRUSTRATING!

Nakazawa has free reign on the Son Goku FES line, except it has to be restricted to relating to Goku obviously. Nakazawa also I think gets choice on WCFs when it comes to what forms to use on high ratios, for example for the new movie I knew we would 100% have a SSGSS Goku in a set. (Also interestingly Nakzawa said he doesn't like SS as he doesn't think it's Toriyama like but still admits it is cool)

Now the reason why Banpresto don't do proper scale figures of Jiren/Hit/Zamasu, is because in Japan Banpresto make their money selling cases to gamestations so that's why they always take the safe option. Goku's, SSGSS's etc they will sell and get case orders. Which is why during the fill in month between the summer and movie we had Goku's, Goku's, Goku's.

That's why Jiren/Hit/Zamasu will only be released in sets like WCFs. Less risky for Banpresto.

Now one thing that isn't a risk is the Ichiban Kuji as it comes in a set so I'd been hoping for ages for a Jiren/Hit/Zamasu Kuji and throw in an SSGSS Goku. And that's exactly what Bandai S have done for the upcoming Android Kuji. So I have hope now!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:51 am

More Premium Bandai nonsense....

Winter coats Feb 2019, ¥14,400 EACH:
Leather wallets, ¥21,600 EACH:
¥19,440 wallet:
Leather cases ¥9180 EACH:

Bandai Bandai Bandai. We're not all made of money!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:28 pm

120 bucks for a jacket isn't crazy, especially if it's nice.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:39 pm

So.....I messed up. Phone bricked out the blue. So for months I knew I knew should back up everything from my phone... basically most of all my merch resources, images, scans etc were on that phone. Gonna take ages to get everything back and somethings I won't get sent again. :(

Basically crushed right now. And this happens to happen this big month too. Plus I have the biggest exam of my life 4th December so added stress I do not need!

Thread probably won't be updated properly for a few weeks, won't be posting frequently.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Shit, It always happens when it's most inconvenient.

Focus on you test and good luck.

We'll survive.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

ParagonMike

Post by ParagonMike » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:55 am

Over on reddit, they say gogeta blue is confirmed. Dont know if its real or not

FrostByte
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FrostByte » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:05 am

ParagonMike wrote:Over on reddit, they say gogeta blue is confirmed. Dont know if its real or not
Last edited by FrostByte on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:18 am

I will post this again:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Okay as we wind down to Wednesday & latter parts of the month, time to update the house rules of this thread:

a) Goes without saying but no discussing anything plot related from here on in.

b) No descriptions of characters that haven't been revealed yet and no blurry pics UNLESS it's of merchandise.

c) V Jump will leak on the weekend probably so posting any merch scans from that is fine & only merch scans, I predict they'll fully reveal the Ichiban Kuji & some of the gashapons.

d) Towards the end of the month the rest of the December blanked merch will be revealed so if folks want to avoid seeing art etc then wise to avoid this thread.

e) Enjoy. It's been basically 6 years since we've been waiting for DB to get the same lovin' as One Piece so kick back and watch all the merch roll out! We've f**king deserved this!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:34 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I was looking at BBTS listings and, do we know who is this?

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ails/83050
Confirmed is indeed UI Goku and the two blanks on the accompanying March WCF are indeed SS4 Vegetto and UI Goku. Just as predicted. Next Transcendence is in May (or June) you might get your SS4 Vegetto wish there.

Edit-

Confirmed BoS SP IV is SS4 Vegeta:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:02 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:I was looking at BBTS listings and, do we know who is this?

Confirmed is indeed UI Goku and the two blanks on the accompanying March WCF are indeed SS4 Vegetto and UI Goku. Just as predicted. Next Transcendence is in May (or June) you might get your SS4 Vegetto wish there.

Edit-

I see. Well, hopefully SS4 Vegetto gets in the line next.

In the meantime, I'll have to settle with BoS' Goku and Vegeta SS4

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 am

Release date for the December Wafer Stickers 17th:
Thankfully only 7 will be SDBH related leaving 15 for the movie (and by the look 1 secret rare) I might get a box after all.

GTx10
Regular

Post by GTx10 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:59 pm

Hey Baggie-Saiyan are you familiar with the "Figure-Rise Standard Dragon Ball Plastic Model Kits?" I had purchased a SSB Son Goku one and the model is pretty sweet and I would like to grab some more. I know their is an Android 17 and 18 model kit but are you aware of any others?
"Good luck, Kakarrot... You are the Champion!!" Vegeta DBZ ShonenJump Manga Volume 26 p.113

I'm reviewing Dragon Ball! Both the Jap ver. and Uncut Funi Dub! Check out the thread: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=31208

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:30 pm

GTx10 wrote:Hey Baggie-Saiyan are you familiar with the "Figure-Rise Standard Dragon Ball Plastic Model Kits?" I had purchased a SSB Son Goku one and the model is pretty sweet and I would like to grab some more. I know their is an Android 17 and 18 model kit but are you aware of any others?
Other folks might be more knowledgeable when it comes to these but to my knowledge upcoming we have:

UI Goku

New Movie Character (out next month in Japan)

SS Broly FP (out Jan in Japan)

Out later this month, special colour re-releases of SSGSS Goku & Vegeta:
(To save printing another box understandable that Bandai Spririts using the international logo for the new movie)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I own the Goku and Vegeta SSJ4 ones and they're pretty good for what they are. Plus, is pretty fun to build them.
Also, the newest SSJ4 Goku Kamehameha x10 figure looks pretty good.
Here's hoping I can get mine without issues.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Edit-

I see. Well, hopefully SS4 Vegetto gets in the line next.

In the meantime, I'll have to settle with BoS' Goku and Vegeta SS4
Here are the boots for the Transcendence May figure:
I don't know what Xeno SS4 Vegetto's boots were like.

May Transcendence & June BoS & June FES were all forbidden to take photo but FES only one have no info on currently.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Here are the boots for the Transcendence May figure:

May Transcendence & June BoS & June FES were all forbidden to take photo but FES only one have no info on currently.
Hmmm.

Vegetto Xeno boots are the same as Vegeta's Xeno and those doesn't look like, I think.

Looks like CC Goku boots actually.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:23 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Here are the boots for the Transcendence May figure:

Hmmm.

Vegetto Xeno boots are the same as Vegeta's Xeno and those doesn't look like, I think.
Looks like CC Goku boots actually.
Ahh. I believe Trunks has the same boots as CC Goku? Probably him them.

They've played the Transcendence line pretty safe with SSGSS's & now UI so Trunks would make sense.