Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 22/10/18).

Post by majinwarman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:35 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Any new figures that you are hyped for?
Pretty much most of the movies ones, especially for Ichiban Kuji and Ultimate Soldiers line. Also pretty excited we are getting movie VS, HG and UG so quick from Bandai!

Post movie, Tag Fighters Freeza and base Goku look sweet and most of the BWFC figures look good also FES line is back with a 9th volume in April! But I am gonna have to sacrifice all that and save the money for Feb's Dokkan Kuji. For the rest of next year I'll probably stick to getting WCF's and gashapon's.
Any merch that hints Super coming back?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:51 pm

FlpShimizu wrote:Oh I wish I was rich :lol:

The movie merch coming to a halt in February means we'll probably get a retelling/DBS return? I believe you, just curious to know more about this behavior regarding the figures.

And Baggie_Saiyan, thank you for working hard in this merch and figures topic. It's always updated and tells a lot about the franchise as a whole. More people should read this frequently.
I appreciate the compliment! :thumbup:

Well my reasoning is this, last movie merch from Banpresto comes 2nd Week of Feb and we have schedule until June and no movie merch at all, that's 4.5 months! They're acting like the movie didn't happen and gone back to marketing ToP. Now one would think they'd be releasing some movie stuff every month or every other month but not the case... Unless DBS is returning in the summer with a retelling. Then that all makes sense, 4.5 months of nothing means they're not overwhelming the market with movie stuff and thus can use the retelling to safely market more stuff from that Broly story, there is still sooooo much movie merch they can market, it doesn't make sense for them to not do anything for that long.
majinwarman wrote: Any merch that hints Super coming back?
See above^
ArchedThunder wrote:Oh neat, that Omen is based on a bit by Karasawa in episode 129.
Weird to have a BoG God Goku figure out of nowhere, would have preferred a battle damaged one from the ToP.
Oh that's pretty cool! Wonder if the figure will have as detailed hands :P

I guess maybe Nakazawa wanted to go back to where SSG first appeared? Back then he was only restricted to doing static poses it might have been a pose he wanted to do (and he did for one of the early DBS WCFs).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 01/11/18).

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:05 pm

How was the merchandise release back with BoG and RoF?

Also, I love that new SSJ4 Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:How was the merchandise release back with BoG and RoF?

Also, I love that new SSJ4 Goku.
BoG had one WCF set a week after it opened on March 30th. Then nothing until 2014 when it 3 more WCF's and 2 DXF Volumes came out.

RF had Chozousyu figures released April through June and 3 WCFs from May, once movie hyped died more stuff like MSP came out and a lot of planned RF movie merch later in the year switched labels to DBS.

Other than UDM's Bandai didn't do much for both.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:31 pm

Oooohohohoho...Aw man love all the new upcoming figures! FES SSG Goku and blue shirt Omen Goku OMFG...they finally did it. Also the IBK movie figures look utterly amazing in high res shots, gonna get them all.
I'm wondering when Grandista will ever do a Blue Goku tho? But more importantly need a proper Blue Evo Vegeta at some stage too.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:52 pm

About time for a blue shirt Omen figure! Now we just need shirtless Jiren and I'll be happy (though I doubt that'll ever happen at this point outside WCF)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:14 am

The blue and green sparkles in omen blue shirt Gokû's hair make me happy. :mrgreen:

How much is that omen figure?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:47 am

Chuquita wrote:The blue and green sparkles in omen blue shirt Gokû's hair make me happy. :mrgreen:

How much is that omen figure?
Y'know I didn't notice that when I was on my phone when I posted it but later went on the PC I did and likewise thought it was cool! Blood of Saiyans line has improved dramatically!

Since it's a standard prize figure price should be the same as other prize figures (just depends on where you get it from) pre orders for the April figures will begin either late this month or early next.
SuperNingenGod wrote:Oooohohohoho...Aw man love all the new upcoming figures! FES SSG Goku and blue shirt Omen Goku OMFG...they finally did it. Also the IBK movie figures look utterly amazing in high res shots, gonna get them all.
I'm wondering when Grandista will ever do a Blue Goku tho? But more importantly need a proper Blue Evo Vegeta at some stage too.
Interestingly no Grandista for at least 8 months... Last one would be Gohan in October and nothing more on schedule.

Just adds more to the suspicion that one will probably happen in July or August for the inevitable return of DBS and retelling of the Broly film. Probably end up being Gogeta or Broly though as opposed to SSGSS Goku. But just shows what a waste the SS2 Gohan Grandista was, easily could have and should have been Evolution Vegeta. (Not to mention Bandai S already were releasing a SS2 Gohan for the October IBK!)

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:02 am

Ichiban Kuji Android Battle with DB Fighters (listing):

Collab Prize: A21(one with the pink hair)
Prize A: A18
Prize B: A17
Prize C: SS Goku
Prize D: Towel
Prize E: Glass
Prize F: Clear files
LO Prize: A21 (one with the white hair)
DC Prize: A18

Late March.

Out day DBS DBL KMH GOKU:
Eugh waste of a DBS slot this. Literally could have done anything else actually DBS related. Meh. Eh. Bleh.

Different look at yesterday's prize fair figures in different lighting:

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SuperNingenGod wrote:Oooohohohoho...Aw man love all the new upcoming figures! FES SSG Goku and blue shirt Omen Goku OMFG...they finally did it. Also the IBK movie figures look utterly amazing in high res shots, gonna get them all.
Interestingly no Grandista for at least 8 months... Last one would be Gohan in October and nothing more on schedule.

Just adds more to the suspicion that one will probably happen in July or August for the inevitable return of DBS and retelling of the Broly film. Probably end up being Gogeta or Broly though as opposed to SSGSS Goku. But just shows what a waste the SS2 Gohan Grandista was, easily could have and should have been Evolution Vegeta. (Not to mention Bandai S already were releasing a SS2 Gohan for the October IBK!)
Aw what's with them taking so long as opposed to almost everyone else? But I'll gladly take both Gogeta and Broly for the time being if they do make them.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
FlpShimizu wrote:Oh I wish I was rich :lol:

The movie merch coming to a halt in February means we'll probably get a retelling/DBS return? I believe you, just curious to know more about this behavior regarding the figures.

And Baggie_Saiyan, thank you for working hard in this merch and figures topic. It's always updated and tells a lot about the franchise as a whole. More people should read this frequently.
I appreciate the compliment! :thumbup:

Well my reasoning is this, last movie merch from Banpresto comes 2nd Week of Feb and we have schedule until June and no movie merch at all, that's 4.5 months! They're acting like the movie didn't happen and gone back to marketing ToP. Now one would think they'd be releasing some movie stuff every month or every other month but not the case... Unless DBS is returning in the summer with a retelling. Then that all makes sense, 4.5 months of nothing means they're not overwhelming the market with movie stuff and thus can use the retelling to safely market more stuff from that Broly story, there is still sooooo much movie merch they can market, it doesn't make sense for them to not do anything for that long.
majinwarman wrote: Any merch that hints Super coming back?
See above^
ArchedThunder wrote:Oh neat, that Omen is based on a bit by Karasawa in episode 129.
Weird to have a BoG God Goku figure out of nowhere, would have preferred a battle damaged one from the ToP.
Oh that's pretty cool! Wonder if the figure will have as detailed hands :P

I guess maybe Nakazawa wanted to go back to where SSG first appeared? Back then he was only restricted to doing static poses it might have been a pose he wanted to do (and he did for one of the early DBS WCFs).
Thanks for the information.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:23 am

SuperNingenGod wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Aw what's with them taking so long as opposed to almost everyone else? But I'll gladly take both Gogeta and Broly for the time being if they do make them.
I have two theory's:
a) They planned some more Grandista but for the movie but then found out DBS will return to TV probably with an inevitable retelling so decided to wait for that to air before releasing them OR

b) Hiroki is a freelance sculptor so he could have be tied up in other work, Banpresto just waited for him to be free. Similar to FES & Nakazawa he was busy with movie stuff so FES line was on hold for 7 months now back to regular schedule from April.

If we were to get a Grandista Broly hope it's Anger Broly.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:44 am

Any idea if we'll get an Android 17 or Jiren to go along with the WCF diorama of Goku and Frieza? Seems a bit incomplete with just the two with ki blasts

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:19 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Any idea if we'll get an Android 17 or Jiren to go along with the WCF diorama of Goku and Frieza? Seems a bit incomplete with just the two with ki blasts
Banpresto tweeted that people can use Jiren from Vol.2 in combination with Vol.3. I guess maybe one could use #17 aswell from that but his pose and smiling face is a bit of a problem.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:50 am

Yeah, I imagine the next Grandista will be Broly and release to advertise Super's return to TV.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Confirmation that Nakazawa is indeed sculpting the WCD's aswell, Goku & Jiren's back muscle definition is exactly the same as his FES UI:
Comparison of the WCD back vs UG
Android #17's head is on a ball joint, so can move around a nice and unexpected surprise:
Might do a video review on these like I did Vol.1 if I have time this weekend.

UDM UI "Omen" regular (left) vs UDM BEST colouring (right) the silver on the hair is a lot less subtle plus darker gi:
UDM SSGSS, regular vs THE BEST colouring vs NEW THE BEST colouring, the new colouring now for SSGSS THE BEST UDM's is basically even more transparent, I don't like it tbh:
Speaking of UDM here my DP collection, only other one I want is Vegetto blue with the spirit sword but refuse to pay 900yen for it:
Haven't opened it yet but the October IBK box is huge comparison with BoS box:

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:01 pm

It's been a long time since I've been following DB news, I just know that Gogeta might appear in DBS Broly.

Could anyone make a kind of compiled showing all possible evidence that suggests Gogeta's appearance in the new movie and why UI probably will not appear?? This topic with Merchadise usually reveals several things

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:08 pm

The big one I remember is the Xenoverse leak showing upcoming stuff for Gogeta and Brolli. Also one of the animators on the Brolli movie tweeted about practicing drawing Gogeta.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:It's been a long time since I've been following DB news, I just know that Gogeta might appear in DBS Broly.

Could anyone make a kind of compiled showing all possible evidence that suggests Gogeta's appearance in the new movie and why UI probably will not appear?? This topic with Merchadise usually reveals several things

While I'm not aware there's any evidence for or against UI, here's what we have so far to support Gogeta

1) Datamine Leak for Xenoverse 2 showing the new Broly and a new Gogeta
2) Fathom events showing limited showings of Broly the Legendary Super Saiyan, Bardock the Father of Goku, and Fusion Reborn, claiming these "tie to the new movie"
3) In the merchandise, there have consistently been two blacked out figures meant to be a "New Hero" with two colors/forms, like a combination of Base/SSG/SSGSS/UI Gogeta. Baggie can most likely explain the ratio system better
4) One of the artists on the movie practicing drawing Gogeta

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:10 am

Two months later after I originally expected but I finally got the Super Master Stars Piece SSJ4 Goku from DeepDiscount. The figure is huge and is noticeably heavier than other Banpresto figures, is also a full piece, only the tail being separated from the body. But man the level of detail and care put on it makes amazing it was just $40.