Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by majinwarman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: I fortunately was able to pre order the whole set for about £50ish (incl shipping) on DendenHobby but they since raised the price of the set to about £70ish quid. Other than that this other US based store Lunar is selling them as random for $9.99, dunno what shipping is.There a few European sites selling the set of 6 for ~€70 not counting shipping. That's about all I've managed to find. In Japan the whole set of six is going between ¥10,000-12,000 not counting fees /:
Thanks!!! If I do end up buying these, I’ll probably try out Lunar and sell any duplicates I get, but with all the other figures from BP coming out in December and January, I’ll probably only be able to get a few
I got word overseas ratio for the Movie WCF Vol.1 changed to 10,10,10,10,8,8 so chances of duplicates should be low.
Hwy, why are there are still promo art that still use the Yamamuro sheets?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 05/09/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 pm

majinwarman wrote: Hwy, why are there are still promo art that still use the Yamamuro sheets?
Which promo art? Currently only movie related stuff is using the new artstyle.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 am

Production images:
WCF Vol.2

Ultimate Soldiers IV:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 am

Out today DBS WCF BURST:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Boxes are really thick, thicker than even the WCD's!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Goku's all overatio, SSGSS Vegeta & Freeza rare of the set everyone else medium rarity.

The SDBH Transcendence figures are bring sculpted by a mysterious but famous sculptor that have sculpted "a lot of DB figures"... Two that immediately come to mind are Nakazawa & Yamashita. On one hand I can see it being Nakazawa since he loves SSGSS but he would have been busy on the movie (and explains why his lines like FES and WCF above got filler re-releases). Yamanshita to my knowledge has only been doing SMSP and BWFC for DB lately so I can also see him doing these.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:44 am

Movie WCF vol.2 scan:
No 4's! Thank the lord!

Ultimate Soldiers IV scan:
Confirmed second week of January.

超刻武勇伝 scans:

Tag Fighters was shown at Prize Fair but they were forbidden to take pictures of it for some reason. It indeed is taken from the #131 so nothing to do with the movie. BWFC was also reportedly shown too.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:08 am

How expensive are the movie WCF as for now, do we have a price? Anything that has SSG Vegeta is worth giving a shot.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:48 am

MisteryOne wrote:How expensive are the movie WCF as for now, do we have a price? Anything that has SSG Vegeta is worth giving a shot.
The set of 6 for vol.1 are pretty expensive. Japanese prices are ranging between ¥10,000-12,000. A few European sites have them at ~€70.

Since SSG Vegeta is actually a high ratio theoretically he shouldn't be too much on release (Japanese release date is on the week the movie opens there). I say theoretically because in March UI Goku WCF was high ratio but the popularity and people wanting a UI Goku meant his price went up. But I doubt there'd be that kind of demand for SSG Vegeta.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:22 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Hwy, why are there are still promo art that still use the Yamamuro sheets?
Which promo art? Currently only movie related stuff is using the new artstyle.
I'm talking about promo art for other Dragon Ball merchandise.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:21 pm

WCF Burst effects are separate so one can hypothetically use them with other WCFs. I may pick up a few and use the effects for the movie WCFs.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:13 am

SSGSS Goku wrote:Yo Baggie_Saiyan, do you know where to preorder the Super Movie WCFs if there’s a place you can do that? BBTS, Otaku Mode and the CR Store don’t seem to have them
I found this other US based store selling the WCFs as separate and full set. Kozuguru but they don't have a release date for Volume 2 yet and Vol.1 they're not selling as a set but you can pick.

Volume 1
Volume 2

Again dunno how much shipping will be.

Japanese sellers won't list until next week so I am hoping now with kind ratios Volume 2 won't be higher than ¥6000. Don't even know what my budget for Jan will be yet but December/January is gonna bite me big time (professional fees, tuition fees, and exam fees etc) so I need too pre order everything before!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I found this other US based store selling the WCFs as separate and full set. Kozuguru but they don't have a release date for Volume 2 yet and Vol.1 they're not selling as a set but you can pick.

Volume 1
Volume 2

Again dunno how much shipping will be.

Japanese sellers won't list until next week so I am hoping now with kind ratios Volume 2 won't be higher than ¥6000. Don't even know what my budget for Jan will be yet but December/January is gonna bite me big time (professional fees, tuition fees, and exam fees etc) so I need too pre order everything before!
At least the SS Broly is listed. I want to get the full power one too but I don't know which one he is... :think:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:34 am

BlueBasilisk wrote: At least the SS Broly is listed. I want to get the full power one too but I don't know which one he is... :think:
Full Power one is part of Vol.3 so pre orders for that should open up next month. Everything else for Vol.3 is blanked... In total we have 11 blanked WCF... Assuming 2 at most is Gogeta leaves 9 blanks to fill. At this stage given they've shown SSG Vegeta, all Broly's, battle damaged SSGSS Goku and Suit Bulma it's safe to assume that the blanks aren't characters revealed already, unless it's future spoilers for those characters.

Also looks like Banpresto completely shafted Freeza but then decided to make the ToP Tag Fighters to probably make up for it lol. Still no idea why they were forbidden to take pics of it.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:39 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: At least the SS Broly is listed. I want to get the full power one too but I don't know which one he is... :think:
Full Power one is part of Vol.3 so pre orders for that should open up next month. Everything else for Vol.3 is blanked... In total we have 11 blanked WCF... Assuming 2 at most is Gogeta leaves 9 blanks to fill. At this stage given they've shown SSG Vegeta, all Broly's, battle damaged SSGSS Goku and Suit Bulma it's safe to assume that the blanks aren't characters revealed already, unless it's future spoilers for those characters.

Also looks like Banpresto completely shafted Freeza but then decided to make the ToP Tag Fighters to probably make up for it lol. Still no idea why they were forbidden to take pics of it.
Ah, I see! That's much better. I'm not going to pre-order some mystery figure from a WCF line so I don't end up with a character I don't want like Sorbet or Lemo. :lol: Having so many mystery figures is really curious.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 02/09/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:23 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: I’ve never bought a King Clustar figure before, so this Broly will be a first. Looks great, though!

I’m gonna wait and see what Gogeta looks like first before I decide on getting a figure of him.
King Clustar are actually a new line/brand there isn't much information on them but in June they teamed up with Banpresto for the History of Son Goku Ichiban Kuji with Prize A being released overseas as "SSGSS BIG SIZE FIGURE" it was okay a lot of people didn't like the face. However this Broly looks incredible. Back a few months at WonderFes a friend managed to take pictures of it and Bandai Spirits even had the SSGSS Goku from June as a comparison and the Broly looks too good:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Japan will also get an exclusive alternative paint colouring as part of the Last One Prize for the Ichiban Kuji so I am curious what that will be. When they usually do that just means they use manga colouring but obviously Broly wasn't part of the original manga.

======
BlueBasilisk wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Z Absolute Perfect figures Goku and Vegeta final versions IRL. Boxes feature promo art from the good one:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Have no interest in Goku yet another KMH! Vegeta and Trunks maybe but since it's Z branded will be a while at the standard price so not worrying.

If anything I hope art on boxes become a regular occurring theme.
Ugh. Man, if you were that person who wanted Kamehameha Goku merchandise, you'd be in absolute heaven. I never want to see Goku doing that pose outside the show again. :lol:
Wow. The Z Absolute Perfect Goku is getting ripped apart from Japanese fans! Some saying it's one of the worse figures of the year. One person noticed how there seems to be profile issues with Goku's face. Boring, unimaginative, phoned in garbage this Goku is.

Most of the figures September onwards feel likes filler as they gear up for the movie. WCF reprints this month aswell with the FES UI Goku being the only release of the month people are waiting for then October apart from the WCD Vol.2 more fluff. November is pretty light as well.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:45 am

FES Stage 8 seemingly the final volume :( out Thursday:

You done good Nakazawa, thank you for an amazing line!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

How do you know that its not characters already revealed? I feel like they would at least give us Paragus and Cheelai.

But if it really is 9 not-revealed characters, I’d expect, Bardock, Gine, King Vegeta, and maybe the saiyan next to Young Paragus for 4 if the 9 characters
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:37 am

So I caved and purchased all three Chokoku Buyuden figures from Crunchyroll. I've never preordered this kind of (limited?) merchandise before, so hopefully they don't get canceled. :crazy:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:16 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: How do you know that its not characters already revealed? I feel like they would at least give us Paragus and Cheelai.

But if it really is 9 not-revealed characters, I’d expect, Bardock, Gine, King Vegeta, and maybe the saiyan next to Young Paragus for 4 if the 9 characters
Because they've shown other characters that haven't been as revealed as others.

However all it could mean is they're hiding spoilers for already revealed characters, for example if suit Bulma wasn't shown in the trailer or website yet she would be blanked despite Bulma herself not being a spoiler. So another example would be skirt-less Paragus he wasn't meant to be seen and that would explain why they haven't shown him and your inclination might be right! Despite SSG Vegeta being shown at comic con they did blank him until the official website update.

But all this does is basically tell us there is still quite a bit of the movie we are unkown about.

Also the blanks for Vol.2 are 8,8,8&6 which means three characters are expected to be in the same popularity range as Bulma (she's 8 too).
Marlowe89 wrote:So I caved and purchased all three Chokoku Buyuden figures from Crunchyroll. I've never preordered this kind of (limited?) merchandise before, so hopefully they don't get canceled. :crazy:
You should be fine. I doubt anyone will run out of stock this early!

I am just waiting for my usual Japanese stores to put pre orders up. I'm gonna order SSG's and Ultimate Soldiers IV still 50/50 on that Broly. But my main concern is the WCFs... December Vol.1 was going around ¥10,000-12,000 which was definitely a big fat no. But with Vol.2 having kinder ratios I am hoping around ~¥6000 this time.

It's crazy if I were to order all 4 regular figures it'd be ¥5,550 yet WCFs cost way more.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:15 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: How do you know that its not characters already revealed? I feel like they would at least give us Paragus and Cheelai.

However all it could mean is they're hiding spoilers for already revealed characters, for example if suit Bulma wasn't shown in the trailer or website yet she would be blanked despite Bulma herself not being a spoiler. So another example would be skirt-less Paragus he wasn't meant to be seen and that would explain why they haven't shown him and your inclination might be right! Despite SSG Vegeta being shown at comic con they did blank him until the official website update.

But all this does is basically tell us there is still quite a bit of the movie we are unkown about.

Also the blanks for Vol.2 are 8,8,8&6 which means three characters are expected to be in the same popularity range as Bulma (she's 8 too).
Wait, we haven’t gotten a yellow-eyed Broly figure yet right? All I’ve seen is Base Broly, Ssj Broly, and FP Broly. So maybe one of the 9 is Rage Broly (yellow-eyed).
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:10 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Wait, we haven’t gotten a yellow-eyed Broly figure yet right? All I’ve seen is Base Broly, Ssj Broly, and FP Broly. So maybe one of the 9 is Rage Broly (yellow-eyed).
Doubt it, looks like we won't get Broly Anger in the WCFs. Nakazawa did Broly Anger for the Ultimate Soldiers line so likely he didn't want to do it again for the WCF but rather SS Broly (in fact this is the only SS Broly figure we have).