Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 04/05/18).

Post by majinwarman » Fri May 18, 2018 6:51 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:JUNE SCHEDULE

A BIG MONTH!

BANPRESTO

JUNE 2nd-Ichiban Kuji History of Son Goku:
[spoiler]Image

Prize A:
Prize B:
Prize C:
Prize D:
LO Prize:
DC prize:
Same as A.
Ratio's per store:
A 2
B 2
C 30
D 32[/spoiler]
No doubt the one to get would be LO prize but these figures are HUGE so shipping is gonna be a pain.

Massive month for my boy Varoq, he prides himself on being able to sculpt figures that can be seen at various different angles!

JUNE 7th- Varoq's Z MATCH MAKER FULL POWER FREEZA 15cm:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Varoq's Z MATCH MAKERS SUPER SAIYAN SON GOKU 15cm:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 12th- Varoq's DBS BWFC SPECIAL 20cm (now I an curious how the stand will be, wonder if the stand will be one you can move?)

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 19th- DB Kinto'un Kid Goku 11cm:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

JUNE 20th TREASURE RALLY WCF's. This is where it gets tricky.

ALL GAME-STATIONS CAN ORDER THE 4STAR&RADAR VER:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING THREE (SENZU,DB & DRAGON) IS LIMITED TO SEGA, TATIO & NAMCO ONLY (I forgot which ones respetively):
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Ratio's for all WCF are the same (A&B 12, C&D 10 and E 12)

BANDAI/PLEX

(ALL DATES STILL TBA)

UG THE BEST 01:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

UDM THE BEST 25 (ToP reprint/recolours....and Broly...):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

WAFER CARED UNLIMITED:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Adverge 7:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Plex SSGSS Goku (delayed from May):
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Plex Z Gigantic Series SS Goku re-release clear ver:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Still awaiting details on Plex's:
Retro Collection Freeza
Default Series Vegeta (though these are likely delayed at this point).

====================================================================
mute_proxy wrote:Hey Baggie, are there any live pictures of the upcoming June DB WCF set? I'm wondering if the wedding figures look any better than the original DWC ones or are they identical
Nope! Banpresto oddly omitted them from the 51st Prize Fair they may show them off that the 52nd Prize Fair next week (though the May Prize Fairs are usually reserved for Aug-Dec figures [DBS movie in December so obviously that stuff won't be shown]).
June is going to be crazy for Bandi's Dragon Ball Department.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 pm

majinwarman wrote: June is going to be crazy for Bandi's Dragon Ball Department.
Seeing how much Bandai Namco made from Banpresto's May figures (31,417,400yen) and with May not being a too crazy month either, June should pocket a lot of money especially with this new WCF Treasure Rally gimmick. SS Goku vs Freeza is always iconic so that should get a lot of orders in (remember they're not part of the same set so it'll be 28,800yen for each case of those two) BWFC UI Goku should get a lot of orders too. Kid Goko Kinto'un will probably get a decent amount of orders not as much as the others I'd imagine.

Then Bandai/Plex will no doubt pocket some sweet money from their higher end releases in June, as well as the small candy releases (Adverge and new Unlimited Wafers) and on top of all that re-releases of gashapons should top things off nicely, especially given UG line is a fan favourite and priced at 500yen.

Unfortunately unlike Banpresto stuff I can't work out the Bandai/Plex sales so won't know what exactly they'll make.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat May 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: June is going to be crazy for Bandi's Dragon Ball Department.
Seeing how much Bandai Namco made from Banpresto's May figures (31,417,400yen) and with May not being a too crazy month either, June should pocket a lot of money especially with this new WCF Treasure Rally gimmick. SS Goku vs Freeza is always iconic so that should get a lot of orders in (remember they're not part of the same set so it'll be 28,800yen for each case of those two) BWFC UI Goku should get a lot of orders too. Kid Goko Kinto'un will probably get a decent amount of orders not as much as the others I'd imagine.

Then Bandai/Plex will no doubt pocket some sweet money from their higher end releases in June, as well as the small candy releases (Adverge and new Unlimited Wafers) and on top of all that re-releases of gashapons should top things off nicely, especially given UG line is a fan favourite and priced at 500yen.

Unfortunately unlike Banpresto stuff I can't work out the Bandai/Plex sales so won't know what exactly they'll make.
I wonder if there will figures that come out to promote the new movie.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat May 19, 2018 6:39 pm

majinwarman wrote: I wonder if there will figures that come out to promote the new movie.
Since DB December solicits/pre schedules haven't gone up (they should have by now) I'd hazard a guess we're in a for a big month in December especially since Oct/Nov are light especially on DBS stuff. Plus December is also where the next Ichiban Kuji should land based on previous patterns so I think December will be as big as March was when DBS series ended. It's taken them this long to get their shit togther I'd hate for them to regress and not go hard with the new movie.

Now what's interesting to me is the sculptors will now follow new designs so be interesting to see how the figures turn out. Nakazawa will almost definitely be involved in somehow you gotta have him he's like the Shida of sculptors. Now be interesting to see if the likes of Varoq and Urota will be involved they are getting a bit more week recently.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun May 20, 2018 6:41 am

As promised here the release weeks and ratio's for the Banpresto September figures:

Get the non DBS stuff out the way,

2nd week of September Z AP figures:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
36 per cases for each @28,800yen per case.
Also looks like the Z AP will only last 3 figures:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

5th week for September DBH (DBS?) Vegeta:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
36 per case @28,800yen per case.

2nd week of September WCF burst:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
From SS Goku to Rosé Black here are the ratio's:
56 per case @32,000yen per case. Be interesting to see how many orders they get being essentially reprints.

3rd week of September FES Stage 8:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
18,18 split 36 per case @28,800yen per case. Incidentally UI is miss labelled here as Ultra Instinct "Omen", no doubt the next FES will re use the mould for that for "Omen" but I wonder of they'll include the blue shirt.

And the VS Existence IBK starts late September.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon May 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: I wonder if there will figures that come out to promote the new movie.
Since DB December solicits/pre schedules haven't gone up (they should have by now) I'd hazard a guess we're in a for a big month in December especially since Oct/Nov are light especially on DBS stuff. Plus December is also where the next Ichiban Kuji should land based on previous patterns so I think December will be as big as March was when DBS series ended. It's taken them this long to get their shit togther I'd hate for them to regress and not go hard with the new movie.
I hope that you keep us informed!
Now what's interesting to me is the sculptors will now follow new designs so be interesting to see how the figures turn out. Nakazawa will almost definitely be involved in somehow you gotta have him he's like the Shida of sculptors. Now be interesting to see if the likes of Varoq and Urota will be involved they are getting a bit more week recently.
Majinwarman

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon May 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Just curious. Has anyone here ever used Zenmarket before?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue May 22, 2018 6:00 am

Couple updates:

FES Stage 6 out now in Japan:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Gotta say these turned out great! Love Black's base hair sculpt! Really wish FES line was a monthly line like it started out. Best line by far.

UDM VJUMP SP #05 out now in Japan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Retro Collection Freeza revealed:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Delayed until July, 25cm and also Bandai charging just under 10,000yen...ouch.

FES Stage 8 Super HQ pics:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

SMSD Vegeta & Trunks Brush II overseas pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

52nd Prize Fair begins tomorrow in Tokyo at 10am JST/1am BST I am gonna be up at 02.30ish BST for an hour or so but I doubt any pics will be online that early, expectations are limited not asking much besides GRoS Gohan being adult (SS or Ultimate either is fine as long as there is a bang), WCD Vol 2 having Vegeta's new form (or a proper figure of Vegeta's new form period) and a SSG FES.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 23, 2018 12:48 am

I have the UI Goku that is dashing forward with a punch preordered, but I was thinking about swapping that out for that large Grandista one that is standing straight up. Thoughts?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 am

Nice movie 20 promo figures coming December (pictures from @db_super2015 Twitter)

WCF:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Not sure which "brand":
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:23 am

It's just gone past 5pm JST prize fair is over yet nothing online yet.... Damn this wait is killing me!
mute_proxy wrote:Nice movie 20 promo figures coming December (pictures from @db_super2015 Twitter)

WCF:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Not sure which "brand":
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
All movie merch is currently hush so don't know the brand yet but yes those sexy eyes!! I was just talking about that yesterday on the artsyles thread! But anyway know doubt this did ahead for prize fair.
ArchedThunder wrote:I have the UI Goku that is dashing forward with a punch preordered, but I was thinking about swapping that out for that large Grandista one that is standing straight up. Thoughts?
Get both? :P But serious talk either just depends on what you're feeling. But if you are to get one then the Grandista is a beast of a showpiece to have!

Speaking of there is still some confusion if the Japanese version is gonna go and undergo a colour change to match overseas:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This scan however seems to imply it has changed seems to match the more vibrant overseas one:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll find out for sure in a few weeks. Oh and I know you like "Omen" so it's a bummer that the different colouring UI Grandista was just a complete black one.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 23, 2018 4:26 am

Kinda surprised those two movie Gokus aren't coming earlier than December.
Hopefully the movie line for WCF does pretty much everybody, like they did for F. Hopefully we also get stuff like the DXF line for F that covered lots of characters, basing them off of their Toriyama art for the poses.
I wonder if part of the reason WCF is kinda meh right now is because they are focusing on getting a lot of sculpts ready for December, more than a usual series.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 23, 2018 4:35 am

Wow got the prize fair pics.... Prepare for excitement and disappointments guys...

Just gonna put them all here untagged.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 23, 2018 4:51 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Oooh i like this one, feeling tempted
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
This one on the other hand kinda feels too much. The previous UI and Jiren WCF looked nicer :think:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am

Actually like the WCD's a lot! Feels more Diorama like this time! Finally shirtless Jiren! But on the whole Sept-Nov does feel like "filler" for the new movie, not much DBS as a result.

BoS Z Special surprised me looks good.

The three KMH Goku's look okay... Tbh I ain't a big KMH pose for figires fan.

Movie WCF Vol 1 in December implying like BoG and "F" multiple volumes! Cool. Also the big Goku is labelled as "limited" interesting. Also no other December stuff shown. Presumably gonna be a massive month!

Grandista Gohan being Cell arc Gohan sigh.... But at least there is a non SS2 option but this line prides itself on 28cm and Cell arc Goham defeats this, doesn't look bigger than the MSP.
Kagari wrote:....
WCF Bursts look better in real life.

Overall disappointed and I even had expectations low too. Oh well got movie stuff to save up for and look forward towards only probably just get FES UI Goku and WCD Vol 2 from these.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed May 23, 2018 5:37 am

I really want to get a UI Goku figure but I don't know where to look. Usually I'd go on Madman.com.au but their Dragon Ball merch hasn't updated in a while. Any suggestions?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I really want to get a UI Goku figure but I don't know where to look. Usually I'd go on Madman.com.au but their Dragon Ball merch hasn't updated in a while. Any suggestions?
While searching for FES 8 I did come across this site the other day and it looks Aus based:
https://www.jtoys.com.au/?s=Dragon+ball ... pe=product

Could be something to look into? Assuming those prices are in AUD and shipping isn't too bad they seem decent.

Other than I am not sure for Aus folks, maybe eBay? Though sellers tend to mark up prices a lot on there.

Nafno
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nafno » Wed May 23, 2018 6:31 am

Those WCF dioramas look cool. Are there only going to be those two?

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Wed May 23, 2018 6:33 am

Nafno wrote:Those WCF dioramas look cool. Are there only going to be those two?
Nope, there's more coming this summer

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]