Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 25/05/18).

Post by majinwarman » Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: October and November final months left for Bandai until the big movie month and they're probably gonna just be re-releases. But yeah Bandai just have massive boners for Broly and the two fusions (Gogeta/Vegetto).

Banpresto nothing SSGSS.E from Jan-Nov....

2018 has been a massive slap in the face for Vegeta. The guy has barely got anything this year. Ridiculous. The year when we finally get top quality figures across the board too.
I just want it so please keep us informed when it is finally comes out.
There is this in July:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's supposedly regular just SSGSS but can't make out his eyes, unfortunately we won't get coloured version revealed until then but I am not holding my breath.
Thanks for the information.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 25/05/18).

Post by HeroR » Thu May 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Maybe Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution isn’t that popular. That form gets almost no recognition and it took months for him to get a card in Dokkan. Granted, the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution card is extremely good and a Category leader.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 6:52 pm

HeroR wrote:Maybe Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution isn’t that popular. That form gets almost no recognition and it took months for him to get a card in Dokkan. Granted, the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution card is extremely good and a Category leader.
It's hard to call something not popular when there is no history of a single release. It's an extension of the popular SSGSS form no way it won't be popular, it's basically the same as SSGSSKK for Goku. Plus for Goku the UI stuff was ready and sculpted before "Omen" even debuted! They had no idea if that was gonna be popular or not.

Vegeta got screwed in general this year when it came to merch in general which is doubly frustrating because this year the quality has been incredible and they kicked Vegeta out the party.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu May 31, 2018 7:08 pm

Bandai June finalized versions:

Wafter Unlimited cards.... SSGSS.E Vegeta!! So they haven't forgot about it.... Grrrrr.

UDM THE BEST #25:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

UG THE BEST 01 (poor Freeza awful colouring):

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

DBS SDBH SF #01&02(awful):

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Target age for these are 6yrs old everything else being 15yrs old. Interesting. No wonder they look terrible.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu May 31, 2018 11:04 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
HeroR wrote:Maybe Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution isn’t that popular. That form gets almost no recognition and it took months for him to get a card in Dokkan. Granted, the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution card is extremely good and a Category leader.
It's hard to call something not popular when there is no history of a single release. It's an extension of the popular SSGSS form no way it won't be popular, it's basically the same as SSGSSKK for Goku. Plus for Goku the UI stuff was ready and sculpted before "Omen" even debuted! They had no idea if that was gonna be popular or not.

Vegeta got screwed in general this year when it came to merch in general which is doubly frustrating because this year the quality has been incredible and they kicked Vegeta out the party.
Well, Blue Kaioken has far more hype surrounding it. Vegeta's new form just kinda happened.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:52 am

Couple updates.

UDM prototype scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Showa note releasing more general DBS merchandise in the summer. Surprising since the show is over thought they'd probably stop that until the movie kicks into gear.

Another Ichiban Kuji in October and another DBLegends Collaboration... Really going in hard with that game....!

The DBS movie Goku figure is labelled specifically as Son Goku... So either all main prize figure characters are going to be their own thing... Or we maybe in for a bunch of movie Goku's...

June Ichiban Kuji figures out the box:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

They don't seem that big actually. I'm just gonna observe these not really that interested tbh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:26 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Couple updates.

UDM prototype scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Showa note releasing more general DBS merchandise in the summer. Surprising since the show is over thought they'd probably stop that until the movie kicks into gear.

Another Ichiban Kuji in October and another DBLegends Collaboration... Really going in hard with that game....!

The DBS movie Goku figure is labelled specifically as Son Goku... So either all main prize figure characters are going to be their own thing... Or we maybe in for a bunch of movie Goku's...

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

They don't seem that big actually. I'm just gonna observe these not really that interested tbh.
Why would they stop promoting Super? Super is the hot thing right now and they are not going to mess up this opportunity.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:05 am

majinwarman wrote:

UDM prototype scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Why would they stop promoting Super? Super is the hot thing right now and they are not going to mess up this opportunity.
For general merchandise, like stationery etc I thought they would take a break until the movie but looks like the break is only until this summer. But hey just shows how powerful the DBS brand is!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

UDM prototype scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

For general merchandise, like stationery etc I thought they would take a break until the movie but looks like the break is only until this summer. But hey just shows how powerful the DBS brand is!
Well, there is money to be made.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Confirmation Varoq sculpted the BWFC Special, if it was needed, but importantantly also confirmation of the size increase from 15cm to 20cm! This likely is the packaging too. Cannot wait for this release!

Crazy few weeks of info! Probably won't be any new information for a while now beyond July final versions in a few weeks then Octobers gashpons slate at the end of June.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:07 pm

Looks like we have another DVD cover. I like it :)

In fact just after looking at it I had to go back and rewatch that episode just to see that massacre again lol.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Is that wafter card the second piece Blue Evolved merch?
I'm sure it'll get a figure eventually....

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:17 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Is that wafter card the second piece Blue Evolved merch?
I'm surprised they haven't re-issued some old Vegeta figures as Evoblution. All they'd have to do is repaint and give him new eye decos. Not like they've hesitated to release 3 variants of the same figure before. :P

It still baffles me that fucking Broly has more Super and ToP branded merch than characters who are actually in the show.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:01 am

Varoq's June figures out the box!!

The stand may have a swivel.

Match Makers:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Sega have ordered 182 cases of both Match Makers and then 185 for the BWFC Goku, 134 of the Kid Goku Kinto'un and then 152 of their treasure rally WCFs (theirs is the Kami one) meaning that is a total of ¥24,534,400 was made by Banpresto from Sega alone...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BlueBasilisk wrote:
I'm surprised they haven't re-issued some old Vegeta figures as Evoblution. All they'd have to do is repaint and give him new eye decos. Not like they've hesitated to release 3 variants of the same figure before. :P

It still baffles me that fucking Broly has more Super and ToP branded merch than characters who are actually in the show.
Bandai also always seems to have Broly paired with Vegeta too...

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:41 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:

Broke is still popular.
Majinwarman

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 03/06/18).

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:22 am

Any idea if the WCF Diorama sets will come to the west? I want to get the UI Goku and Jiren ones, but the shipping cost is so high.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 03/06/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 am

Bandai's SP Adverge's in August... generic af topped off with SS Gogeta and SSGSS Vegetto.... what is Bandai's f**king obsession with these two? Godamn. Toyotaro you have no idea what you started by suggesting Vegetto return... now with SSGSS Bandai must have had the biggest boner ever after #66!
-------------------------------------------------------
ArchedThunder wrote:Any idea if the WCF Diorama sets will come to the west? I want to get the UI Goku and Jiren ones, but the shipping cost is so high.
I assume you are talking about ToM? What was the shipping cost? Honestly it should be around 600yen for standard SAL int'l shipping for those. This HG set cost around that to ship to me from Japan no way these would be more than that. ToM seemed to have increase there prices too, though I did read they went under some sort of management change.

As for the west hard to say as WCD Vol.1 wasn't solicited in most places, like entertainment earth, deep discount, big bad toy store etc.

Also re: Vegeta SSSGSS Evo they specifically labelled the "evolution" part so that means any SSGSS Vegeta solicited (ie July UDM) is the regular one...godammit!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:03 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Bandai's SP Adverge's in August... generic af topped off with SS Gogeta and SSGSS Vegetto.... what is Bandai's f**king obsession with these two? Godamn. Toyotaro you have no idea what you started by suggesting Vegetto return... now with SSGSS Bandai must have had the biggest boner ever after #66!
-------------------------------------------------------
ArchedThunder wrote:Any idea if the WCF Diorama sets will come to the west? I want to get the UI Goku and Jiren ones, but the shipping cost is so high.
I assume you are talking about ToM? What was the shipping cost? Honestly it should be around 600yen for standard SAL int'l shipping for those. This HG set cost around that to ship to me from Japan no way these would be more than that. ToM seemed to have increase there prices too, though I did read they went under some sort of management change.

As for the west hard to say as WCD Vol.1 wasn't solicited in most places, like entertainment earth, deep discount, big bad toy store etc.

Also re: Vegeta SSSGSS Evo they specifically labelled the "evolution" part so that means any SSGSS Vegeta solicited (ie July UDM) is the regular one...godammit!
They keep on screwing us over with the Vegeta figures.
Majinwarman

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:11 am

October Ratio's:

Standard:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Grandista now increases from 28->32:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And now the WCD.... 16,16 Goku & Jiren.... 14,10 Super Shenron and #17......WHY?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
(That movie promo though)

Damn bastards making MVP the lowest ratio...!

Well at least Jiren isn't severly low this time...

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:October Ratio's:

Standard:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Grandista now increases from 28->32:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

And now the WCD.... 16,16 Goku & Jiren.... 14,10 Super Shenron and #17......WHY?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
(That movie promo though)

Damn bastards making MVP the lowest ratio...!

Well at least Jiren isn't severly low this time...
That 17 doesn't look good at all.
Majinwarman