Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:33 am

EpicMew2 wrote:Is it just coincidence that we're getting two SSJ 4 Gogeta figures in the same pose announced relatively around the same time? I know one has obviously been in the works for a bit with the Dokkan Kuji thing, but I just find it odd.
Pretty much yeah a coincidence. It maybe be a bit confusing so let me explain, the first one I posted a few days regular prize figure from Banpresto sculpted by Suzuki around early 2018, standard. Dokkan one despite having the Banpresto logo all their doing is distrusting it overseas, back in April 2018 BNHD formed a sister company to Bandai called Bandai Spirits with wanting to concentrate on high end figures for adults (aswell as hobby models) as a result planning, production and distribution within Japan of the Ichiban Kuji transferred from Banpresto to Bandai S, however BNHD wanted more of a focus for overseas so obviously Banpresto already have several distribution channels so it looks like they are distributing the Ichiban Kuji figures overseas on behalf. Example here is last months VS Existence Ichiban Kuji overseas production image:
Final product no Banpresto logo but blue Bandai S logo:
In summary they both probably didn't know what each other had planned, Dokkan stuff was probably planned a few months ago.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 06/10/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:18 am

October Kuji update:

Trailer (it leaked yesterday which I posted on twitter) :
https://youtu.be/dGPhjWMuuUI

HQ look at Shikishi art boards:

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 am

There's a picture of a fake Gogeta Blue wafer sticker making the rounds right now. Be on the lookout for that.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Out today VS #08:
Since Vegetto is a same mould the ratio will be half for SSGSS & SS Vegetto.

Still such a waste of a VS set, literally random.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
EpicMew2 wrote:Is it just coincidence that we're getting two SSJ 4 Gogeta figures in the same pose announced relatively around the same time? I know one has obviously been in the works for a bit with the Dokkan Kuji thing, but I just find it odd.
Pretty much yeah a coincidence. It maybe be a bit confusing so let me explain, the first one I posted a few days regular prize figure from Banpresto sculpted by Suzuki around early 2018, standard. Dokkan one despite having the Banpresto logo all their doing is distrusting it overseas, back in April 2018 BNHD formed a sister company to Bandai called Bandai Spirits with wanting to concentrate on high end figures for adults (aswell as hobby models) as a result planning, production and distribution within Japan of the Ichiban Kuji transferred from Banpresto to Bandai S, however BNHD wanted more of a focus for overseas so obviously Banpresto already have several distribution channels so it looks like they are distributing the Ichiban Kuji figures overseas on behalf. Example here is last months VS Existence Ichiban Kuji overseas production image:
In summary they both probably didn't know what each other had planned, Dokkan stuff was probably planned a few months ago.
Is this why recent figures haven't been available on Amiami? None of the new SSJ4 figures past the Fes! ones have been available with them and in contrast, BBTS already have all of them (both Gogetas, KHMHx10 Goku, Vegeta) up for preorder.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:24 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Is this why recent figures haven't been available on Amiami? None of the new SSJ4 figures past the Fes! ones have been available with them and in contrast, BBTS already have all of them (both Gogetas, KHMHx10 Goku, Vegeta) up for preorder.
Possibly I have noticed there have been a few changes to overseas distribution with prices, differing release dates, some items not listed etc so seems AmiAmi have been affected though they did put Movie stuff up so it's definitely weird.

Another example Deep Discount/Blowitouttahere listed the January figures today but at full price.

Overseas things are definitely bit messy at the moment.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Dokkan Kuji Collab Prize TBA, 16.5cm:

For reference the SS4 Gogeta is listed as 20cm.....

Hmmm.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:25 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Dokkan Kuji Collab Prize TBA, 16.5cm:

Hmmm.
Was this one of the "New Hero" figures, or something else?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:11 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

Hmmm.
February's Dokkan Collaboration Ichiban Kuji this is the Collaboration prize (like how Shallot was for the October one). There is not much to go on don't even know if it's movie related (probably likely), Japanese listing just says provisional, TOM list it as a TBA figure and BBTS are listing it as Secret figure.

No idea what the hold up for the rest of February Dokkan Ichiban Kuji production images are, I am guessing they are not ready. European listings for the Feb stuff should start being listed next week so we should definitely have them by then (and hopefully updated production image for the Movie WCF Vol.3).

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:36 am

Any idea when we'll see some of these blacked out figures? If it's something cool I'd love to preorder but it's hard to put money down when 6/8 figures in a collection are blacked out

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:17 am

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Any idea when we'll see some of these blacked out figures? If it's something cool I'd love to preorder but it's hard to put money down when 6/8 figures in a collection are blacked out
These are when the final versions will be officially revealed:
3rd week of November- Final Verisons of December Banpresto figures.

1st December- Final Versions of December Bandai gashapon & candy stuff.

3rd week of December & Jump Festa final versions of the rest of the Banpresto movie figures due out in January & Jump Festa should show final versions of figures from February through to March/April too.

1st January- Final Versions of January Bandai gashapons.

However since European listings are always late, could be a chance next week Banpresto send out updated images of Feb's WCF Vol.3 now the trailer is officially out.

Magazine scans, other events etc may show off figures before the above dates like with UI Goku but for now just use the above dates.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Reminder for Americans, TOM are the first site to upload production images, usually around 2-4 AM UK time so should be evening for most Amercians:
https://otakumode.com/shop/label/Banpresto (make sure to sort via newest).

They've uploaded SAO, MHA Kuji and 2 of the Dokkan Kuji, so suspect the rest of Dokkan should be anyday now.

So just keep an eye out!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:56 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Hmmm.
February's Dokkan Collaboration Ichiban Kuji this is the Collaboration prize (like how Shallot was for the October one). There is not much to go on don't even know if it's movie related (probably likely), Japanese listing just says provisional, TOM list it as a TBA figure and BBTS are listing it as Secret figure.

No idea what the hold up for the rest of February Dokkan Ichiban Kuji production images are, I am guessing they are not ready. European listings for the Feb stuff should start being listed next week so we should definitely have them by then (and hopefully updated production image for the Movie WCF Vol.3).
Hmmmmmmm.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Worst part of getting figures and gashapons... Assembly. Eurgh my hands, anyway

UG:
Picked up #08 and some backlog from the Trunks arc. UI Goku looks great the clear parts of the hair works really well. Jiren is fantastic and has a unique effect base of fire! With his red part of the uniform being clear. Now UI "Omen" is clear but from the back you can see well where the part join is. Base Black the UG's didn't make clear but solid so comparison for that.

WCF BURST:
I'm glad I didn't pick up more. Literally is WCF with effects and the effects don't even sit properly. /: Will use Vegeta and Broly from this for Gogeta vs NuBroly from the movie.

UI FES:
AMAZING! Nakazawa is legend. This is just phenomenal. Posing, the cloth detail and the hair detail my god. Comparison with some other UI figures you can see right away!
Goku's right boot the way it bends, and the way the wrinkles of the clothes follow through. Just terrific attention to detail.

Only negative if I had to give one is it's a bit smaller than other FES figures but perhaps the most dynamic so seems a fair trade off.

UI Art:
Great art. Cannot wait for the October IBK art boards and hopefully good promo artist does SSGSS EVO Vegeta for next months UDM. I am sure s/he will do Broly for December.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:59 am

February DBS x Dokkan Battle Ichiban Kuji update:

Will start Saturday Feb 2nd 2019!

The sheet has been sent to stores so... That means it should leak out soon with pics of the prizes, anyway here are the Japanese store ratios:

Collab Prize Figure: 2 per store.
Prize A SS4 Gogeta Figure (~20cm): 2 per store
Prize B SSGSS Goku Figure (~11cm): 1 per store
Prize C SSGSS Vegeta Figure(~12.5cm): 1 per store
Prize D SSGSS Vegetto Figure(~20cm): 1 per store
Prize E SSGSS EVOLUTION Vegeta Figure(~12.5cm): 1 per store
Prize F スマホスタンド (smart phone stand?) (~14cm): 1 type and 4 per store
Prize G 湯呑み? (~8cm): 4 different types and 16 per store
Prize H スクエア小皿 (small plates?) (~9cm): 6 different types and 26 per store
Prize I Clear Files (A3): 8 different types and 26 per store
LO Prize ULTRA INSTINCT "Omen" Goku Figure (~11cm): 1 per store
once all previous prizes are gone, therefore all 80 previous prizes need to be gone before the LO prize will be available...

Wow so the Goku's and Vegeta's aren't big.... Hmm.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:February DBS x Dokkan Battle Ichiban Kuji update:

Will start Saturday Feb 2nd 2019!

The sheet has been sent to stores so... That means it should leak out soon with pics of the prizes, anyway here are the Japanese store ratios:

Collab Prize Figure: 2 per store.
Prize A SS4 Gogeta Figure (~20cm): 2 per store
Prize B SSGSS Goku Figure (~11cm): 1 per store
Prize C SSGSS Vegeta Figure(~12.5cm): 1 per store
Prize D SSGSS Vegetto Figure(~20cm): 1 per store
Prize E SSGSS EVOLUTION Vegeta Figure(~12.5cm): 1 per store
Prize F スマホスタンド (smart phone stand?) (~14cm): 1 type and 4 per store
Prize G 湯呑み? (~8cm): 4 different types and 16 per store
Prize H スクエア小皿 (small plates?) (~9cm): 6 different types and 26 per store
Prize I Clear Files (A3): 8 different types and 26 per store
LO Prize ULTRA INSTINCT "Omen" Goku Figure (~11cm): 1 per store
once all previous prizes are gone, therefore all 80 previous prizes need to be gone before the LO prize will be available...

Wow so the Goku's and Vegeta's aren't big.... Hmm.
5 inches for Blue Evolved Vegeta is really disappointing.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:35 pm

Z Blood of Saiyans SPECIAL delayed from it's October 16th release date in Japan due to the bad recent weather. However the Ichiban Kuji, 17th and ToP WCD, 18th still on schedule.
ArchedThunder wrote: 5 inches for Blue Evolved Vegeta is really disappointing.
Very much so. But the one glimmer of hope is the May Ichiban Kuji sheet IIRC said LO "Omen" for that would be 16.5cm but the final version was 20cm. So hoping something similar happens here.

Just our luck though isn't it? To finally get an Evo figure and presumably a blue shirt "Omen" figure and they're both this small. /:

Edit-

Looks like these are the card arts then:
Literally just waiting on the pics of the figures!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm

February DBS x Dokkan Battle Ichiban Kuji update part 2:

Collab Prize is a warrior that will appear in Dokkan battle. Size undecided.

Price B SSGSS Goku is posed down hence low size also LO Prize "Omen" is same mould... Hence both same size. "Omen" hair, eyes & eyebrows different.

Prize C SSGSS Vegeta is also posed down hence low size also Prize E SSGSS EVOLUTION is the same mould... Hence both same size, EVOLUTION hair and eyrebrows different colour.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheNingen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:55 pm

And see I'm disappointed because I want Omen and Evo Vegeta to be HG size, but they're too big for that lol

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:54 am

I might hopefully get sent the Ichiban Kuji sheet later today.

December DBS Movie Metallic card holders:
More Movie tie in products:
SSGSS Goku vs Full Power Broly Acrylic stand (Shintani art?):