Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:31 am

How likely is it that the 2 secret figures are Cheely and Lemo? Basing on the latet interview, they seem to be very important for the plot.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 29/07/18).

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:46 am

alakazam^ wrote:How likely is it that the 2 secret figures are Cheely and Lemo? Basing on the latet interview, they seem to be very important for the plot.
But are they really new characters since we got the sheets for them?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:59 am

God that SSBE figure is ugly as hell.
And it's not nearly buff enough.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:28 am

HeroR wrote:
alakazam^ wrote:How likely is it that the 2 secret figures are Cheely and Lemo? Basing on the latet interview, they seem to be very important for the plot.
On top of us already knowing about them, they're not important enough to give that kind of figure over Vegeta and Freeza.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:37 am

sintzu wrote:
HeroR wrote:
On top of us already knowing about them, they're not important enough to give that kind of figure over Vegeta and Freeza.
Well, one is supposed to have a relationship with Broly.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:42 am

HeroR wrote:
Technically they still would be as they are still new theatrical characters just unnamed it could be Bandai Spirits wanting to hide their importance. I will clap my hands if it is them because it has been about 15 Ichiban Kuji's since we've had a non Saiyan figure release!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:18 am

HeroR wrote:Well, one is supposed to have a relationship with Broly.
Seriously ? where'd that come from ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:35 am

sintzu wrote:
HeroR wrote:Well, one is supposed to have a relationship with Broly.
Seriously ? where'd that come from ?
Interview with the director.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:13 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:WCFs

So are those other 3 just "To be revealed"?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:29 am

ArchedThunder wrote:

Yeah B,C,D,F no specific labelling, interestingly the ratio is 12/12/12/10/6/4 with B & C being 12 also... aka over ratio that is usually for Goku/Vegeta/Freeza/Fusion however Goku/Vegeta/Freeza would normally be specified so... hmmm.

D (6) F (4) are probably gonna be minor characters in the sense of like for ResF those ratio's were for Freeza's minions (Shishami, Tagoma etc).

So B & C are probably the same two characters from the Ichiban Kuji they are both over ratiod so thus gotta be important.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:55 am

Have they only announced one WCF line for the movie so far? I imagine there has to be multiple so we can get more Broly and Goku forms, Vegeta and Freeza and their forms, and then there is the fact that Goku, Vegeta and Broly have more than one outfit in the movie as well as anything else in the movie, for instance Bulma, Beerus and Whis are possible as well as maybe even young Paragus, Bardock and Gine. I know for BoG and F they did WCF figures for pretty much everything.
I'm going to guess D and F are Cheyle and Remo, or maybe one is Paragus.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:17 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Have they only announced one WCF line for the movie so far? I imagine there has to be multiple so we can get more Broly and Goku forms, Vegeta and Freeza and their forms, and then there is the fact that Goku, Vegeta and Broly have more than one outfit in the movie as well as anything else in the movie, for instance Bulma, Beerus and Whis are possible. I know for BoG and F they did WCF figures for pretty much everything.
We don't know their Jan schedule yet but there will be more WCFs otherwise there wouldn't be a vol.1 at the end (like September's reprints are just called WCF BURST no volume number). One Piece Film Gold had like 7 volumes so we definitely have enough to fill that so hopefully we get the same. Maybe our only way to get a SSG Vegeta figure.

The blanked characters are one's likely unrevealed, as every blanked WCF for ResF were one's that weren't revealed at the time like Bulma, Shishami & Jaco. The WCFs did show Tagoma and Sorbet. I think one of D&F maybe that old looking alien woman in the trailer since she hasn't be formally revealed yet.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:22 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:Have they only announced one WCF line for the movie so far? I imagine there has to be multiple so we can get more Broly and Goku forms, Vegeta and Freeza and their forms, and then there is the fact that Goku, Vegeta and Broly have more than one outfit in the movie as well as anything else in the movie, for instance Bulma, Beerus and Whis are possible. I know for BoG and F they did WCF figures for pretty much everything.
We don't know their Jan schedule yet but there will be more WCFs otherwise there wouldn't be a vol.1 at the end (like September's reprints are just called WCF BURST no volume number). One Piece Film Gold had like 7 volumes so we definitely have enough to fill that so hopefully we get the same. Maybe our only way to get a SSG Vegeta figure.

The blanked characters are one's likely unrevealed, as every blanked WCF for ResF were one's that weren't revealed at the time like Bulma, Shishami & Jaco. The WCFs did show Tagoma and Sorbet. I think one of D&F maybe that old looking alien woman in the trailer since she hasn't be formally revealed yet.
Alright, well they (Toei and Shueisha) are treating this movie as something huge, so I'm expecting more volumes than BoG or F had (4 and 3). I'm thinking they'll basically milk the movie in WCF all the way until DB (presumably) returns to TV in July. Hopefully other non-WCF lines also do plenty of figures through the first half of 2019 as well.
I guess Bardock could be one of those blacked out figures since they haven't really revealed that he's in the movie.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Alright, well they (Toei and Shueisha) are treating this movie as something huge, so I'm expecting more volumes than BoG or F had (4 and 3). I'm thinking they'll basically milk the movie in WCF all the way until DB (presumably) returns to TV in July. Hopefully other non-WCF lines also do plenty of figures through the first half of 2019 as well.
I guess Bardock could be one of those blacked out figures since they haven't really revealed that he's in the movie.
Yeah I fully expect to get WCFs every month until the summer. Certainly a lot of characters forms and costumes. Hoping the Ultimate Soldiers line continues at 3 a month until March. Fully expect a lot of Broly one off figures later in 2019 no doubt Suzuki will do one for their "special moves" series. I am guessing the winner of this years BWFC (which will also be revealed in December) will sculpt a Broly for the BWFC Special next year. Almost guaranteed a Grandista for Broly. Lot to look forward too hopefully!

Looks like we have our release schedule for the Banpresto figures:

Week 1 (up to the 8th Dec):
Ichiban Kuji starts.

Week 2 (up to the 15th Dec):
Shintani KV 1 Goku.

Week 3 (up to the 22nd Dec):
WCF Vol.1
Ultimate Soldiers I- Anger Broly

Week 4 (up to the 29th Dec):
Ultimate Soldiers II-SSGSS Goku
Ultimate Soldiers III-SSGSS Vegeta

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:20 am

Rest of the scans all full 36 case ratio:

So this ain't really limited then lol

alakazam^ wrote:...
Any idea what the above says about FP Broly? Thanks!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:27 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Yeah B,C,D,F no specific labelling, interestingly the ratio is 12/12/12/10/6/4 with B & C being 12 also... aka over ratio that is usually for Goku/Vegeta/Freeza/Fusion however Goku/Vegeta/Freeza would normally be specified so... hmmm.

D (6) F (4) are probably gonna be minor characters in the sense of like for ResF those ratio's were for Freeza's minions (Shishami, Tagoma etc).

So B & C are probably the same two characters from the Ichiban Kuji they are both over ratiod so thus gotta be important.
I'm gonna hazard a guess that the D(6) is Cheelai and the F(4) is Lemo, but they've already been revealed... Weren't Kale and Caulifla both 6-ish? B and C being so over-ratioed is very interesting. Those'll almost definitely be the ones from the Ichiban Kuji. They must really be banking on demand for those two characters. :think:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:35 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:

Wait a sec. How do we know the ratio for B? The pic cuts that part off it off. And actually i think D is 8, not 6.

Also, if the 2 Ichiban Kuji characters are new, wouldn’t they be under ratio-d for the WCF catalogue if one of them wasn’t a fusion? How do we know that D and F are minor? Didn’t you say most or all of the time new characters are ratio’d at 8 or under no matter how minor or major? So why would D and F only have a chance of only being minor new characters? Can’t they also be major new characters?

Sorry, thats a lot of questions.
Last edited by AnimeNation101 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Any idea what the above says about FP Broly? Thanks!
It says the base (don't know if you also call it a pedestal) will have an illustration.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:29 pm

I expect enough volumes that cover the following characters:

SSB Goku
SSB Vegeta
Golden Freeza
Bulma
SSGod Vegeta
Bardock
Gine
Cheelai
Lemo
Kikono
Sorbet’s mom (lol)
Broly (Angry)
Broly FP
Paragus
King Vegeta
Winter Coat Goku
Winter Coat Vegeta
Gogeta Blue
Other New character
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"