Dragon Ball Super related Merchandise and Figures (OP NO MORE UPDATES TO THE OP NOW DEAD)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:00 pm

So how many figures of Ultra Instinct Goku have been sold in total already? (Silver haired version)

And how many of SSJ Blue Goku?

And has there been a figure released of SSB Evolution Vegeta yet?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super (Series & Movie) related Merchandise and Figures (OP Updated 14/06/18).

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:59 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:So how many figures of Ultra Instinct Goku have been sold in total already? (Silver haired version)

UI we've had, 1 WCF, 2 regular prize figures, 2 Ichiban Kuji figures, 2 gashapon figures, 1 adverge figure, 1 shodo figure.
Upcoming we have 1 gigantic series UI Goku, 1 HG Premium UI Goku, 2 regular prize figure UI Goku (see my signature), 1 WCD UI Goku, 1 Ichiban Kuji figure and another gashapon and another adverge.

SSGSS too many to list!

No to SSGSS.E Vegeta. Not a single thing.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So how many figures of Ultra Instinct Goku have been sold in total already? (Silver haired version)

UI we've had, 1 WCF, 2 regular prize figures, 2 Ichiban Kuji figures, 2 gashapon figures, 1 adverge figure, 1 shodo figure.
Upcoming we have 1 gigantic series UI Goku, 1 HG Premium UI Goku, 2 regular prize figure UI Goku (see my signature), 1 WCD UI Goku, 1 Ichiban Kuji figure and another gashapon and another adverge.

SSGSS too many to list!

Oh so i have to do the math now? xD No prob man!
So 15 already i see. That’s... Quite a number of them already, since a lot of characters (even populair ones) don’t even have a single piece of merchandise! Just like SSBE Vegeta^ It’s downright ridiculous. HOWEVER, i really have faith that some merchandise for Vegeta’s evolved Blue form will come in due time. I’m almost positive. There’s no way they can overlook that one. Thanks man.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Well, my Varoq UI Goku and May Ichiban Kuji Goku (that I somehow managed to get from AmiAmi) should be coming soon. I also luckily managed to preorder the SS4 Gogeta FES and cancel the SS4 Goku FES Special figure from my order. It still looks cool but I don’t have that much money and I’d rather get the Gogeta as the only other good SS4 figure of him is the Scultures one that went way up in value

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:05 am

Time to bask in the full glory of Grandista UI Goku (Japanese version):

They made it so the eyes look like they're glowing.... Wow.

I DON'T WANT 2018 TO END!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:48 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Oh so i have to do the math now? xD No prob man!
So 15 already i see. That’s... Quite a number of them already, since a lot of characters (even populair ones) don’t even have a single piece of merchandise! Just like SSBE Vegeta^ It’s downright ridiculous. HOWEVER, i really have faith that some merchandise for Vegeta’s evolved Blue form will come in due time. I’m almost positive. There’s no way they can overlook that one. Thanks man.
Lol. It was just if I were to count the UI in my head no doubt I'd forget some so easier to list them.

Yeah it's ridiculous but it's Goku he basically runs DB merchandise, it's sad because people have told me that isn't the case for OP and more characters other than Luffy get love. Basically they're afraid to get out their safe zone which is why we barely have any Ultimate Gohan stuff just SS2 Cell arc Gohan constantly...

I wish they'd do a FES line for Vegeta, anyway we have more or less schedules for up to December and no sign of SSGSS.E Vegeta... :(

SSGSS Goku wrote:Well, my Varoq UI Goku and May Ichiban Kuji Goku (that I somehow managed to get from AmiAmi) should be coming soon. I also luckily managed to preorder the SS4 Gogeta FES and cancel the SS4 Goku FES Special figure from my order. It still looks cool but I don’t have that much money and I’d rather get the Gogeta as the only other good SS4 figure of him is the Scultures one that went way up in value
May Ichiban Kuji was kinda a disaster, not sure if lucky was the right word lol. Hopefully yours doesn't have any of the production issues.

As for SS4's. I was advised by a few Japanese fand in the community that the Scultures Gogeta wasn't that great and especially not at it's price. And having made the mistake with SS Broly I stopped looking for deals. FES one is also pretty big at 20cm and the detailing of it is amazing so you definitely made the wise decision, I'm getting SMSP SS4 Goku (all already paid incl shipping) so not too bothered about the FES one for that. Then of course Suzuki's one in November is kinda tempting me... But I won't pre order, it's all about saving up for the movie now especially the WCFs as that is the only guarantee for new characters getting something from Banpy.

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
SSGSS Goku wrote:Well, my Varoq UI Goku and May Ichiban Kuji Goku (that I somehow managed to get from AmiAmi) should be coming soon. I also luckily managed to preorder the SS4 Gogeta FES and cancel the SS4 Goku FES Special figure from my order. It still looks cool but I don’t have that much money and I’d rather get the Gogeta as the only other good SS4 figure of him is the Scultures one that went way up in value
May Ichiban Kuji was kinda a disaster, not sure if lucky was the right word lol. Hopefully yours doesn't have any of the production issues.

As for SS4's. I was advised by a few Japanese fand in the community that the Scultures Gogeta wasn't that great and especially not at it's price. And having made the mistake with SS Broly I stopped looking for deals. FES one is also pretty big at 20cm and the detailing of it is amazing so you definitely made the wise decision, I'm getting SMSP SS4 Goku (all already paid incl shipping) so not too bothered about the FES one for that. Then of course Suzuki's one in November is kinda tempting me... But I won't pre order, it's all about saving up for the movie now especially the WCFs as that is the only guarantee for new characters getting something from Banpy.
It's only lucky cuz it wasn't extremely overpriced or anything. And I forgot about that Super Saiyan 4 SMSP. Sadly AmiAmi doesn't have it, but I could probably get it from Tokyo Otaku Mode or use a proxy

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm

Well i’m just glad they’re making a very big deal out of Ultra Instict Goku in the merchandise department, exactly as it’s consistent with the actual anime where it was considered the biggest deal. So probs to that!

That said, even if i could get into this “comfort zone” thing they’ve got going on... Don’t they realise that next to Goku, Vegeta is the second fan favorite character? Surely he would sell lots of merchandise aswell!

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:01 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Well i’m just glad they’re making a very big deal out of Ultra Instict Goku in the merchandise department, exactly as it’s consistent with the actual anime where it was considered the biggest deal. So probs to that!

That said, even if i could get into this “comfort zone” thing they’ve got going on... Don’t they realise that next to Goku, Vegeta is the second fan favorite character? Surely he would sell lots of merchandise aswell!
Vegeta will never get the love he deserve by the merchandising.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:54 am

Damnn that Grandista UI Goku looks lit! Also got my Blood of Saiyans KK x20 SSB Goku and it turned out really great :mrgreen:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:07 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Well i’m just glad they’re making a very big deal out of Ultra Instict Goku in the merchandise department, exactly as it’s consistent with the actual anime where it was considered the biggest deal. So probs to that!

You speak sense but apparently to them why bother when Goku always sells? They'll only release Vegeta alongside Goku or after Goku has opened a line, since 2013 I think Vegeta has only had one release completely by himself. It's sad really. But just something we have to accept. If Goku had SSGSS.E no doubt we'd have gotten a Vegeta figure of it, I don't know why they can't market UI Goku with SSGSS.E Vegeta like Heroes does?
SuperNingenGod wrote:Damnn that Grandista UI Goku looks lit! Also got my Blood of Saiyans KK x20 SSB Goku and it turned out really great :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I do love the colouring of red, wish they'd colour the hair like SSGSSKK as opposed to regular SSGSS, oh and the base is pretty cool too! Also cool Dinosaur figure too!

I actually sold mine and the Rosé, decided to get the FES SSGSSKK instead and the base Black version of the FES Goku Black.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:16 am

JULY Gashapon final version and DP

WEEK 2/3 UDM #32:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

WEEK 5 VS #07:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

I made my own VS out of the S6 SS2 Goku and FES Base Black :) :
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

October gashapon UDM BEST 27 (reprint) I talked about:

Fun fact the Vegetto Blue was actually taken from the Kai UDMs but now recoloured into blue:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:46 pm

Man, they are slapping the Dragon Ball Super logo on anything in Japan.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:59 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Man, they are slapping the Dragon Ball Super logo on anything in Japan.
Yup. They just can't help themselves... This weeks DBH Skill figures were originally solicited as having DBS in the name but final listings got rid of it but when the DP mount got revealed... Sure enough there was the DBS logo:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I normally won't care but when hardly anything of DBS has actually been marketed it feels like a waste of the DBS logo and brand. I at least thought Kale will kill the Broly releases but Bandai have only doubled down! Ridiculous.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Has there been a figure released of SSB Evolution Vegeta yet?
That's very surprising as it's an exclusive form to the show's 2nd main character so you'd think they'd want to take advantage of that to help push Vegeta as everything else he has Goku has as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:37 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Has there been a figure released of SSB Evolution Vegeta yet?
That's very surprising as it's an exclusive form to the show's 2nd main character so you'd think they'd want to take advantage of that to help push Vegeta as everything else he has Goku has as well.
He got some trading cards and one of those wafer sticker thingies. Wee!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:57 am

BANPRESTO DECEMBER MOVIE UPDATE!

As predicted we have another Ichiban Kuji
WCF Vol.1
20th Limited Son Goku
ULTIMATE SOLDIERS -THE MOVIE-Ⅰ (Goku?)
ULTIMATE SOLDIERS -THE MOVIE-ⅠⅠⅠ (Vegeta?)
ULTIMATE SOLDIERS -THE MOVIE-ⅠⅠⅠ (Villain?)

Bandai only one October release and a reprint set at that. If another light November should have a massive December. Shodo/Adverge/UDM/UG/VS/HG PREMIUM.... Wow December might be crazy expensive...!

Edit- November's DBL KMH Collab is now under DBS branding...
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

You speak sense but apparently to them why bother when Goku always sells? They'll only release Vegeta alongside Goku or after Goku has opened a line, since 2013 I think Vegeta has only had one release completely by himself. It's sad really. But just something we have to accept. If Goku had SSGSS.E no doubt we'd have gotten a Vegeta figure of it, I don't know why they can't market UI Goku with SSGSS.E Vegeta like Heroes does?
SuperNingenGod wrote:Damnn that Grandista UI Goku looks lit! Also got my Blood of Saiyans KK x20 SSB Goku and it turned out really great :mrgreen:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I do love the colouring of red, wish they'd colour the hair like SSGSSKK as opposed to regular SSGSS, oh and the base is pretty cool too! Also cool Dinosaur figure too!

I actually sold mine and the Rosé, decided to get the FES SSGSSKK instead and the base Black version of the FES Goku Black.
Thanks, huge dinosaur statue fan here.
I would get the FES SSGSS KK Goku too if only I didn't have the non KK version already. I think the BOS version is more realistic with the magenta touch, rippling clothes and raised up hair, it captures the intensity of KK more I reckon. Both are excellent figures non the less.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 am

SEPTEMBER GIGANTIC SERIES SSGSS EVOLUTION VEGETA!!!!! IT IS F*CKING TIME!

SuperNingenGod
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperNingenGod » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:26 am

It's about time! But come one, Gigantic? I need something in scale with all my normal sized figures :).